[ROM][10]Resurrection-Remix v8.6.6 Official[SURYA][KARNA](23/01/2021)

jlovelo

Feb 14, 2015
Gold Coast
thanks. managed to reflash stock rom and flashed RR. Im not sure if its my phone, or what i did in my process of flashing RR, but the rom stutters and doesnt register some of my touches, wifi wont turn on, and it randomly restarts. Is this normal?
Got into a mess after updating to RR 20210123. I notice you "reflashed stock" - can this be done without the bootloader relocking?

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
well, after a few hours long lasted battle with clean flash of latest RR update on unencrypted storage I must say that score between RR 8.6.6 vs. jeryll is 1:0 for RR 8.6.6

no clean flash of this update can happen on unencrypted storage as wipe cache, dalvik, data for whatever reason is not enough, I tried everything that I learn so far to clean flash this - no dice - the only thing I didn't (was not willing to) do was format data

I must say I only managed to dirty flash this clean flash needed build over old RR 8.6.5 backup and is working flawlessly so far, so go figure

Reactions: Porcupine1

nike1973

May 17, 2012
Hello, I am currently on rom eu 12.0.6.0, I would like to install this rom, I am inexperienced, could you help me with a quick mini guide to install RR. Thanks and good day.

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Hello, I am currently on rom eu 12.0.6.0, I would like to install this rom, I am inexperienced, could you help me with a quick mini guide to install RR. Thanks and good day.
you can start with this guide

Reactions: nike1973

nike1973

May 17, 2012
you can start with this guide
Hello, I will not have any problem in 12.0.6.0 or should I flash 12.0.7.0?
I am constantly on the street, I would like a rom that gives me a lot of battery, I do not require power, I only use social networks and GPS. Could you recommend any rom that you have tried. Thanks a lot .

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Hello, I will not have any problem in 12.0.6.0 or should I flash 12.0.7.0?
I am constantly on the street, I would like a rom that gives me a lot of battery, I do not require power, I only use social networks and GPS. Could you recommend any rom that you have tried. Thanks a lot .
most recent custom ROMs will not have any problem either with 12.0.6 or 12.0.7
about energy efficient ROMs:
latest NitrogenOS 11 (for even better energy savings flash custom kernel Stormbreaker v4)
latest CrDroid 7.2, or latest Resurrection remix 8.6.6
but you need to test them how they will behave with your usage

Last edited:
Reactions: nike1973
Jan 6, 2021
Hi dudes, my audiofx randomly died(?), running RR 8.6.5... Haven't fiddled with much of anything, did install a few apps in the meantime (nothing that messes with audio effects), only changed some cosmetic RR options.
Really no idea what could be going on.
Like AudioFX isn't changing sound at all no matter what i do (was working fine a day prior with same wireless headphones/same music app).
Anyone run into this?

Jan 6, 2021
Hi dudes, my audiofx randomly died(?), running RR 8.6.5... Haven't fiddled with much of anything, did install a few apps in the meantime (nothing that messes with audio effects), only changed some cosmetic RR options.
Really no idea what could be going on.
Like AudioFX isn't changing sound at all no matter what i do (was working fine a day prior with same wireless headphones/same music app).
Anyone run into this?
Edit: figured it out, silent ringer mode kills audioFX (incl. for media playback)

newHere:)

Aug 23, 2011
usb otg is working to anyone?

I'm trying to connect usb dac and it is not recognized... (Same device is recognized in another android device so the unit is ok)

temporarium

May 16, 2012
Same here update went flawless.

Yiu said you did a backup. Did you do the data partition with the recovery? If so, did you remove any Lockscreen security like patterns?
Yes. I have not as yet tried to restore, but I figured it might be more likely to restore properly with security removed. It only takes a couple of minutes to redo the finger prints. Could save hours of reconfiguring 😁

peeweew

Sep 22, 2010
Bulacan
It's really sad that I will have to reconfigure everything again after dirty flashing update from a preceding version. What's frustrating is that wasn't able to backup my messages and call logs.

Although, I have backed up my data for the apps but restore function just messes up with the system and cause the system to bootloop.

Is there a more latest app that can read TWRP backups similar to what Titanium Backup can do. That way I can selectively backup my apps.

XtraWater

Apr 8, 2018
It's really sad that I will have to reconfigure everything again after dirty flashing update from a preceding version. What's frustrating is that wasn't able to backup my messages and call logs.

Although, I have backed up my data for the apps but restore function just messes up with the system and cause the system to bootloop.

Is there a more latest app that can read TWRP backups similar to what Titanium Backup can do. That way I can selectively backup my apps.
Not sure what happen in your case. Since I sussefully restored data partition after upgrade from gapps version to vanilla, I'll stay with orange fox recovery.I just did a dirt uosate yesterday. All I did was flash latest RR build with orange fox and didn't wipe anything like cache/dalvik.

Regarding to Titanium backup, try the Migrate app. It creates flash able zips from your backups. I played a bit around and found that it is more reliable than titanium backup. It also backups call history and messages if you whish so.

Reactions: peeweew