[ROM][10]Resurrection-Remix v8.6.6 Official[SURYA][KARNA](23/01/2021)

sumlin

Feb 24, 2013
I've just updated from 8.6.5 + GAPPS to 8.6.6 via dirty flash and now my phone reboots to recovery. I've tried to flash 12.0.7 firmware and vendor, fall back to 8.6.5, but there is only recovery screen. Is there any way to fix my phone? OrangeFox R11.

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
I've just updated from 8.6.5 + GAPPS to 8.6.6 via dirty flash and now my phone reboots to recovery. I've tried to flash 12.0.7 firmware and vendor, fall back to 8.6.5, but there is only recovery screen. Is there any way to fix my phone? OrangeFox R11.
unfortunately only format data, but before you do that, backup your internal storage (photos, medias, etc)

sumlin

Feb 24, 2013
Well, OK. Is it because of GAPPS? I did not understand what do I have to do with this notice (I did not read it before flashing anyway)
> Note-Need Clean Flash For Vanilla Build If Coming From Gapps Version.

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Well, OK. Is it because of GAPPS? I did not understand what do I have to do with this notice (I did not read it before flashing anyway)
> Note-Need Clean Flash For Vanilla Build If Coming From Gapps Version.
clean flash means exactly format data (but most interesting is that most users (me included) did dirty flash and no problems) but there is always someone...

temporarium

May 16, 2012
Try flashing the ROM again, followed by Magisk (if you use it) and wipe caches. Reboot to system.

If that doesn't help, flash gapps.

If that doesn't work, wiping Data (including Internal Storage) may be the last option.

Colonov

Aug 29, 2018
Dont install the 48mp patch, 64mp works just fine :)
Also, anx185 won't work properly on RR, use ANX190, anx185 with a few patches will work on A11
If you go a few posts before this, you'll see detailed instructions, all you need to do, reading those instructions is flash framework before camera unity, you also need to give the scanner app full permissions!
@Revontheus OP recommends fw 12.06 for 8.6.6 (on his telegram channel, can't link it here though, because quite a few people have complained about connectivity issues with 12.07 ): same with me)
---
@nike1973 , I recommend using ofox, but I wasn't able to directly flash it with fastboot cmds, and had to flash TWRP by mahjant first
---
Here are the ANX instructions, on page 41 (flash frameworkunity first though!)
(Note2: I had some issues flashing it with the stock Kernel, seems to work sometimes, sometimes not for me + I STRONGLY RECOMMEND GETTING THE FILES FROM THE ANX WEBSITE INSTEAD, just the aux file from here
+DO NOT BOOT UP ANXCAM UNTIL YOU'VE GIVEN IT ALL PERMISSIONS ALSO DO NOT UNINSTALL ANXCAMERAPRO!)
Thank you very much. I happened to come across the fix just before you posted which is very similar to this one :D

Do you know specifically what the Aux file does? I basically did everything else except for install the patch and it looks like ANX Camera is working fine except when i zoom out past 1x it hangs, so i guess no wide angle lens. Do you know if this fixes this or specifically what the aux patch fixes?

Colonov

Aug 29, 2018
[COMPLETE SUCCESS]
Rooted RR 8.6.5 with Magisk 21.0 and latest MagiskManager.
GAPPS USED= GAPPS NANO/NIKGAPPS OMNI
HAD TO REQUEST PLAY PROTECT ACCESS!
SafetyNet passed with MagiskHideProps and correct fingerprint +Univeral SafetyNet 1.1
ANXCAMERA flashed and fully working 64mp included
ADaway module also working just fine
FW: MIUI 12, ver. 12.06 STABLE BETA
Kernel: Stormbreaker V4 for increased battery life (probably?) (WILL SEE ABOUT THAT ONE, flashing a new Kernel might break anx though) (WILL FLASH OPTIMUS DRUNK LATER ON)
Annoying note: Had to set my APNs manually, so far nothing else.
Annoying note2: F1xy Kernel presumed not functional needs more testing.....
Annoying note3: Can not disable Vibration for the damn Android Keyboard, installed Swiftkey by default so it was only a minor annoyance
Annoying note4: Seems settinga a video by mistake as a QS crashes it! Completely
I tried using Nikgapps however it stated that the phone was not supported and therefore was unable to flash......i did try the newest one as of this posting however. You got Nikgapps flashed with no issue?

ocujos

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
I tried using Nikgapps however it stated that the phone was not supported and therefore was unable to flash......i did try the newest one as of this posting however. You got Nikgapps flashed with no issue?
Nikgapps work fine on RR8.6.6.
I used NikGapps-core-arm64-10-20210124-signed.zip

ThatDamnFrog

Jan 3, 2021
You probably used a Full package or a package above omni,
Omni, nano, and flamgapps basic worked fine for me

Reactions: Colonov

temporarium

May 16, 2012
well, after a few hours long lasted battle with clean flash of latest RR update on unencrypted storage I must say that score between RR 8.6.6 vs. jeryll is 1:0 for RR 8.6.6

no clean flash of this update can happen on unencrypted storage as wipe cache, dalvik, data for whatever reason is not enough, I tried everything that I learn so far to clean flash this - no dice - the only thing I didn't (was not willing to) do was format data

I must say I only managed to dirty flash this clean flash needed build over old RR 8.6.5 backup and is working flawlessly so far, so go figure
I've been thinking about this strange issue @jeryll . You'd think clean would be more likely to succeed than dirty...
Could it have something to do with having to flash your unencrypted firmware & vendor pair after flashing the ROM? Just a thought.

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
I've been thinking about this strange issue @jeryll . You'd think clean would be more likely to succeed than dirty...
Could it have something to do with having to flash your unencrypted firmware & vendor pair after flashing the ROM? Just a thought.
hm, not really sure what you mean by that, I reflash vendor/fw only in case of problems and before flashing the ROM (never tried to do it after)

all I can say is that 🍊 🦊 is probably more optimized for work with encrypted storage than decrypted, as numerous times stated in OFOX wiki, we still don't have official recovery, all are in alpha or beta state, even OFOX will sometimes fail to flash/do something, and then after reboot recovery it'll flash/do the failing item like nothing... still not a stable recovery yet, miles ahead of TWRPs, but not stable (not a complaint, statement)

present OFOX fortunately does on unencrypted storage what I want the most - full 1:1 system/data backup restore and I need no more from it, flawless flashing in the future will be the sweet bonus for me

Last edited:
Reactions: XtraWater

Colonov

Aug 29, 2018
Thanks for the help this far guys, appreciate it. I did try Nikgapps basic however it was saying the phone was not compatible which I haven't experienced on this phone before

Also is there an option to change refresh rates in the rom itself? I can't seem to find it (unless I'm missing something which is entirely possible 😅)

XtraWater

Apr 8, 2018
Thanks for the help this far guys, appreciate it. I did try Nikgapps basic however it was saying the phone was not compatible which I haven't experienced on this phone before

Also is there an option to change refresh rates in the rom itself? I can't seem to find it (unless I'm missing something which is entirely possible 😅)
You can find it under: Display, Device-specific settings.

It's the second last entry under Display.

Reactions: Colonov