• Tried but waiting for better <insert here>

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Never tried and I don't even know why am I here

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

ParanoidNemo

When using Waze app, It says my gps cannot be found. It detected my location though but that's about it. Maybe my device is broken. I have similar problem on LineageOS.

If you are encountering similar issue with other rom too, expecially Lineage that is build with another kernel base, the problem probably really lies in you device sadly.

Noname_90

Oct 22, 2020
I don't know why every time I restart my phone (actively)
It was stuck boot loop at logo sony screen and android 3-5 times.

danidarklord

Mar 27, 2014
If you are encountering similar issue with other rom too, expecially Lineage that is build with another kernel base, the problem probably really lies in you device sadly.

Maybe that's the case, my device is getting old :crying:
Other than that, this rom is amazing, most stable aosp I've ever use. Great job!

Ebring

Nov 3, 2020
aosp 10 update request

good evening paranoid nemo @
I congratulate you for your work on aosp10
and also thank you for the free time to spend working on this rom.
in this case I ask you to continue the updates of this one while increasing the performances of the core and the stability of the os cordially.

Last edited:

GOrMHATRe

May 10, 2017
I used the alternative method to install this ROM and the installation was 1 of the smoothest rom installation I have had. It is working smoothly, the color palate used is beautiful . Overall the ROM is a pleasure to use. SO, thanks for this ROM.
But the gps and wifi hotspot are not working. I have read that hotspot will not work ever. But can someone suggest me a fix for the gps. It will be imp for me since I like to use this phone on treks and walks . Both OSMAnd maps and geometric weather were not able to determine location using GPS.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Can anyone tell me which Google camera or Gcam version to install ? I have tried Gcam Arnova's port 6.2 & 7.5 and standard google camera version too. But they all crash after opening the app.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diego0007

DigitalDreamer

Jun 9, 2010
[/COLOR]Can anyone tell me which Google camera or Gcam version to install ? I have tried Gcam Arnova's port 6.2 & 7.5 and standard google camera version too. But they all crash after opening the app.

I'm using DISE latest build and works great.

In other news, I got a bootloop. I was listening to a stream on my car stereo from the phone and it started stuttering while the stream. The phone was unresponsive and that period so in the end it rebooted itself and I was like fine, it will just boot up. After I finished the car ride, I've noticed it was still in the Android animation screen and it was running very hot. I had to hard turn off with the volume up and power button (second vibration - to fully power off, since the other one still returned me to bootloop). After it rebooted, it was working fine again.
Just sharing an experience. :)

Reactions: Diego0007

anthonymatar1

Apr 19, 2020
Hello, I can't boot this rom after installing BitGapps R19, I don't know why. I tried without them and the rom booted normally, any suggestions?

Ebring

Nov 3, 2020
Hi

install open gapps preferably the old ones at the level of the date of your security patch

Last edited:

ParanoidNemo

Hello, I can't boot this rom after installing BitGapps R19, I don't know why. I tried without them and the rom booted normally, any suggestions?
In general Bitgapps even if very good are not so well overall functional (In the sense that I see a lot of devices that have problem installing those and no problems with opengapps). I'm very sad for that because they are a fantastic project IMO but from like version 5 onwards I never managed to make those works on this ROM. That being said opengapps works just fine.

xxMANTISxx

Jan 13, 2019
urgent help

It's android ten so gapps ten. Nano or micro is your choice

i just downgraded from stock 8.0 to some chinese 6.0.1 and backed up ta. i unlocked my boot after that directly as i was unable to flash oreo with flashtool due to some script,mount error. but non oreo files flash properly. so from 6.0.1 unlocked boot without root, can i directly flash this rom using alternative method suggested on fitst page?? plss reply asap

ParanoidNemo

urgent help

i just downgraded from stock 8.0 to some chinese 6.0.1 and backed up ta. i unlocked my boot after that directly as i was unable to flash oreo with flashtool due to some script,mount error. but non oreo files flash properly. so from 6.0.1 unlocked boot without root, can i directly flash this rom using alternative method suggested on fitst page?? plss reply asap
You can flash from whichever ROM you want as long as you are using the correct method and formatting/flashing all that is needed too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOSP Q for Suzu/f5121

DISCLAIMER

As always use it at your own risk.

Build it in my spare time to test how the development is proceeding.

Installation instructions

NB: This is a full software update in the sense that will replace everything, recovery included, with aosp version. You need to reflash twrp afterwards.

Clean Install
    • enter twrp and factory reset
    • format data partition (only if coming from Pie or below)
    • flash the rom
    • flash GApps (optional)
    • reboot

Updating from previous version
    • enter TWRP and wipe dalvik/cache
    • flash ROM
    • reboot

Alternative way to install

You can also unzip the file and flash via flashboot only what you need:

• fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • fastboot flash cache cache.img
    • fastboot flash system system.img
    • fastboot flash userdata userdata.img (only if not updating or coming from Pie or below)
    • fastboot flash oem xxxx.img

Now you can boot into TWRP and flash gapps and other stuff if you want.

First boot will get stuck on Sony logo for 30/40 seconds, and maybe reboot itself one or two time. Just have patience and everything will be all right ;)

Downloads:
    ROM: Latest Build
    OEM: Binaries for 4.9 kernel
    TWRP: Official TWRP for Suzu
    BitGapps: Suggested GApps

What's works:
    • RIL
    • Bluetooth
    • Wifi
    • Fingerprint
    • NFC
    • Camera
    • USB tethering
    • Everything else? ;)

What doesn't:
    • Random reboots (should be solved in latest build)
    • WiFi Hotspot

Expected the same bugs for Pie ROM since the kernel and binaries are the same, but let me know if you find anything else, will do my best to try to fix it.

Changelog
    r41
    • Update sources to r41
    • Overvolt BIG processor to improve stability on higher frequencies (should fix random reboots)

r33
    • Update sources to r33

r32.v1b
    • Reverted patch to enable developer option by default

r32.v1
    • Removed default searchbar from Launcher3
    • Enabled developer settings by default
    • Add MicroG support (testing)

r32:
    • Initial booting build

ROM Version: r41
    ROM Status: Stable

Created: 2019-12-04
    Last Update: 2020-09-20

Thanks to:
    @twain55 for the screenshot and testing
    @dslul to help in the bug fixing
    @ix5 for the initial patches
    sonyxperiadev project for providing sources
    and last but not least thanks to all that will test this.

Screenshots
    Announcement

Hi all,
    having great trouble with Lineage builds and I've just discover that there is some other dev (more skilled than me) that is already working on it so I'll shift my attention on other ROMs. The link sent by email to who asked remain valid and I'll post the test builds for this ROM in the same folder already shared.

Regarding AOSP AFH as some problem, I'll upload the build with may security update as soon as I can and write here when is up.
    Thank you all for your understanding.
    Call for testers

Hi guys, a small OT, in the meantime that I'm trying to fix the aosp problem I'm also trying to build other ROMS (to learn and also compare issue/performance). I'm right now building LOS 17.1 but I need testers because I cannot test everything on my device (and also not in a timely fashion because I need it also for work related stuff). If someone want to help trying the build please PM me and I'll give you the link for the latest build when they're out.

In this thread I'll continue to post aosp build update anyway.

Thank you so much.

-PN
    Thank you. What about wifi hotspot, does it work? and how's battery life?
    You are right hotspot doesn't work and it never will, at least not if someone can straight up fix the kernel. Battery life is not stock but not bad at all IMHO
    Build update

Uploading right now latest build (r32) built against 4.9 binaries. Have already changed the links in the first post, if nothing goes wrong they should be usable in an hour or so. You should use the alternative way to install (via flashtools and pc, didn't have time to build a flashable zip yet), just finished to build and going to bed now, let me know if someone have time and will to test before me and report eventual bug or worse (bootloop and such).
    After boot is confirmed (if so) I'll start to add patches for what I can fix.
    Thanks all for your patience and testing.