• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][10][UNOFFICIAL][7T] Evolution X [19-09-2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 7T
So you're saying that I accidentally typed "fastboot oem lock" for no apparent reason and am now trying to pass the blame on? Do you REALLY think that makes sense?

Look, there is nothing in the OP about this hacked together fastboot mode or the hacked together recovery that's in this rom. If you think it should not be mentioned, that's fine. But I disagree and feel like others should know about it.

If I would have known, I wouldn't have tried it. You failed to mention it so I will. It's really simple

matt0301

Apr 1, 2011
Guarujá
OnePlus 7T
So you're saying that I accidentally typed "fastboot oem lock" for no apparent reason and am now trying to pass the blame on? Do you REALLY think that makes sense?

Look, there is nothing in the OP about this hacked together fastboot mode or the hacked together recovery that's in this rom. If you think it should not be mentioned, that's fine. But I disagree and feel like others should know about it.

If I would have known, I wouldn't have tried it. You failed to mention it so I will. It's really simple

I don't know how to help you anymore, really. This ROM runs the same way it runs on 7pro. I'm used the same common tree, just adapted for 7T. I'm really sorry that my work was not that good.

But now, you are alone on this long road. Fix your phone yourself.
Be brave, warrior!

I will just ignore you know, :p

Last edited:

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 7T
I didn't ask for your help. I reported a bug. That's the purpose of this forum.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

You do realize I was the first one here thanking you for your efforts and was the first person to try it. It's not like I haven't been completely respectful. Seems kinda off that you're getting some kinda weird gratification from someone else struggling to make sense of your work. But it's all good. Good luck. You're gonna need it.

To everyone else:

The rom runs pretty well. Same slow finger print like most other roms. The customization is top notch. I love having so much control over the way everything looks. Kinda feel like the old CM days. But as I've stated before, if you're not trying to mess with a jacked up pseudo recovery and fastbootd, I'd recommend staying away.

matt0301

Apr 1, 2011
Guarujá
OnePlus 7T
I didn't ask for your help. I reported a bug. That's the purpose of this forum.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

You do realize I was the first one here thanking you for your efforts and was the first person to try it. It's not like I haven't been completely respectful. Seems kinda off that you're getting some kinda weird gratification from someone else struggling to make sense of your work. But it's all good. Good luck. You're gonna need it.

To everyone else:

The rom runs pretty well. Same slow finger print like most other roms. The customization is top notch. I love having so much control over the way everything looks. Kinda feel like the old CM days. But as I've stated before, if you're not trying to mess with a jacked up pseudo recovery and fastbootd, I'd recommend staying away.

Just one last try, to everyone be happy. If you are on windows, try this Platform Tools (ADB and Fastboot):
https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip

Sometime, when using old tools, you get this warning about locked stuff.

But as I've stated before, if you're not trying to mess with a jacked up pseudo recovery and fastbootd, I'd recommend staying away.

There is no way for the rom to mess-up fastboot from bootloader. I think that's where the confusion is, you should be able to do most things from fastboot, just not partition sizing with the dynamic partitions, which is why we use fastbootd (thanks google). The way you can fix this is use twrp (has working fastbootd) or use another OnePlus 7t firmwares recovery seeing as my bet is this one (like many others use base lineage os recovery) . Probably in the ops best interest to fix have baked fastbootd if that's the case, idk because I haven't flashed this rom (or it's recovery for that matter). It's probably botched(if it is I mean) because its a port of the recovery for the 7pro instead of built specifically for the 7t.

jaggy989

May 24, 2016
Ludhiana
OnePlus 9 Pro

Nik2234

Aug 18, 2018
OnePlus 7T
This rom has one issue that is the high idle battery drain of about 10-12% same as msm as both i guess are having same or one or more feature less.

Last edited:

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 7T
There is no way for the rom to mess-up fastboot from bootloader. I think that's where the confusion is, you should be able to do most things from fastboot, just not partition sizing with the dynamic partitions, which is why we use fastbootd (thanks google). The way you can fix this is use twrp (has working fastbootd) or use another OnePlus 7t firmwares recovery seeing as my bet is this one (like many others use base lineage os recovery) . Probably in the ops best interest to fix have baked fastbootd if that's the case, idk because I haven't flashed this rom (or it's recovery for that matter). It's probably botched(if it is I mean) because its a port of the recovery for the 7pro instead of built specifically for the 7t.

Thanks for the help! I knew how to go back to stock, I was just trying to get magisk up and running on this rom which is impossible to do without a working fastboot. Which is why I posted the bug so it could be fixed. If the hacked together fastboot and recovery were removed from the rom, this entire situation would be rectified. I'm sure I will not be the only one that hits this snag as most banking/credit card apps fail to authenticate on custom roms (regardless of root status) without magisk hide. The rom is completely useless as a daily rom if people can't conduct their financial business. IDK if it was a language barrier or someone being overly defensive of their work or what caused the attitude but I was just trying to help.

Anyway, I got it back to stock and am considering trying out PE. I think I'll keep my experiences with it to myself though. I don't want to make waves or offend anyone. I just wanted to help make the rom better. As I said earlier, everything in this rom is legit amazing except for the problem installing magisk which is directly attributed to the fastboot/recovery.

Thanks again for the help

matt0301

Apr 1, 2011
Guarujá
OnePlus 7T
Thanks for the help! I knew how to go back to stock, I was just trying to get magisk up and running on this rom which is impossible to do without a working fastboot. Which is why I posted the bug so it could be fixed. If the hacked together fastboot and recovery were removed from the rom, this entire situation would be rectified. I'm sure I will not be the only one that hits this snag as most banking/credit card apps fail to authenticate on custom roms (regardless of root status) without magisk hide. The rom is completely useless as a daily rom if people can't conduct their financial business. IDK if it was a language barrier or someone being overly defensive of their work or what caused the attitude but I was just trying to help.

Anyway, I got it back to stock and am considering trying out PE. I think I'll keep my experiences with it to myself though. I don't want to make waves or offend anyone. I just wanted to help make the rom better. As I said earlier, everything in this rom is legit amazing except for the problem installing magisk which is directly attributed to the fastboot/recovery.

Thanks again for the help

There is not a hacked together fastboot/recovery bro, that's the whole point. Even Mr. Robot could not lock your bootloader using a Rom zip. I reflashed the rom myself to see if I can help you, but it didn't locked my bootloader, that's why I told that was your problem, that you did a mistake.
RR dev told me that maybe you are using an outdated fastboot, he is more experienced than me, and also the guy who already helped me a lot.
About the "financial business", I'm using the rom right now by myself and my banks apps are working just good.
For flashing magisk, I always used TWRP for that, as I find that is easy.

Sorry if I was rude with you, didn't want to sound like.
I guess xda thread is not for me.

But, be safe warrior. Sorry for anything :D

Last edited:

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
@risasuke hey bro so i decide to flash the ROM to try it out. Clean flash from stable OOS, and i see what the other user was saying about the recovery. I did it through fastboot script as i do with every other ROM and i guess the minor issue at least with my device model was precisely what the other user said, once it installs the pixel experience recovery it will state that device is locked and wont flash , minor issue i say because i just change the recovery in the installation folder and left the stock OOS recovery, once that was done i was able to install with no issues. I guess perhaps in some devices the pixel experience recovery is not making it. anyways thank you for the ROM eager to try it out!.

[

Last edited:

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 7T
@risasuke hey bro so i decide to flash the ROM to try it out. Clean flash from stable OOS, and i see what the other user was saying about the recovery. I did it through fastboot script as i do with every other ROM and i guess the minor issue at least with my device model was precisely what the other user said, once it installs the pixel experience recovery it will state that device is locked and wont flash , minor issue i say because i just change the recovery in the installation folder and left the stock OOS recovery, once that was done i was able to install with no issues. I guess perhaps in some devices the pixel experience recovery is not making it. anyways thank you for the ROM eager to try it out!.

[

That's exactly what I suggested to fix it. I almost tried PE rom until I found out it has this same issue. I really hope OP continues development on this. It's seriously an awesome rom if you ignore the recovery and fastboot issue

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 7T
yah but it crashes everytime when I hit on video , portrait etc...

I didn't have that issue at all. I even ran the pixel camera mod with the xml files and didn't have any issues with the camera at all.....you might have got a corrupted download or something? I tested this rom pretty extensively before reporting back and I didn't have a single issue with the camera.

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
@risasuke, after running the ROM and testing it out, I have to say it is very smooth runs like a champ. I usually use RR as my daily driver since it's one of the most stable custom roms in my opinion but this one is up there with it. Didn't really encounter any issues major bugs besides the recovery which is very simple to solve and the single tap to work for ambient display which is not working (oddly the swipe down with two fingers works just fine). Besides that the option to ambient display with double tap works great, battery is doing awesome still have to test a bit more,kernel side is awesome also(neutrino is king), no crashes ,no lags everything is just how it suppose to be. Eager for the updates! Anyways congrats it's a very solid Custom ROM, truly enjoying it. Thank you for giving this device more options.

Status
Not open for further replies.