• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for klte

Search This thread

afaneh92

Jul 31, 2012
2okPze5.png

Your warranty is now void has likely been void for several years. Still, I take no responsibility for damaged devices. As usual, flash at your own risk.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Working:
  • Audio
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • NFC
  • GPS
  • Camera
  • Sensors/Rotation
  • Fingerprint

Not Working:
  • You tell me.

Instructions:
  • Download the zip(s).
  • Install a compatible Recovery.
  • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional).
  • Wipe system, data and cache partitions.
  • Flash ROM.
  • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
  • Optional: Install Magisk for Root.
  • Reboot.

Downloads:
klte
klteduos
kltedv
kltechn
kltekdi
kltekor
OpenGApps

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy S5 klte + Variants

Sources:
LineageOS: https://github.com/LineageOS
Afaneh92's repos: https://github.com/mohammad92?tab=repositories
samsung-msm8974's repos: https://github.com/samsung-msm8974

Credits:
- Every open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for klte.
- @Couchy
- @ripee
- @khalvat
- @Jprimero15

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][10][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for klte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
afaneh92, Couchy
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2020-01-09
Last Updated 2020-10-29

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBatman

Jan 27, 2017
Let us get this going!! Awesome

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

I'll be a tester

Reactions: vlad3647

davy0104

Jul 2, 2016
Remshalden
Installed nicely. However, for me, upon rebooting it hangs at the Lineage boot icon.

Same here. So I wiped cache, dalvik, system and data again, installed "lineage-17.0-20191027-UNOFFICIAL-klte.zip" and right subsequently "BiTGApps-arm-10.0.0-v0.4_signed.zip" (TWRP 3.3.1-0).
Booted without any difficulties :)

Though I'm at my workplace presently and don't have wifi; will test when I'm at home later.

Greez, davy

Last edited:

Raynelfss

Mar 9, 2017
Santo Domingo
OnePlus 7 Pro
Same here. So I wiped cache, dalvik, system and data again, installed "lineage-17.0-20191027-UNOFFICIAL-klte.zip" and right subsequently "BiTGApps-arm-10.0.0-v0.4_signed.zip" (TWRP 3.3.1-0).
Booted without any difficulties :)

Though I'm at my workplace presently and don't have wifi; will test when I'm at home later.

Greez, davy

Try rebooting. See if it boots again. It didn't work for me on the second boot. And I did the exact same things.

davy0104

Jul 2, 2016
Remshalden
Try rebooting. See if it boots again. It didn't work for me on the second boot. And I did the exact same things.

You are right – I didn't get that far this morning, I just made a backup (after minor modifications in settings). This eve I could restore it once, connected to wifi and logged in to PlayStore. Then I read your post and tried to reboot – fail! After that, even restoring like before didn't work any more. The phone gets stuck showing the lineage logo, in a way, that I have to remove the battery. Pressing power button or recovery combination has no effect. So I laughed too soon...

Reactions: Raynelfss

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Your warranty is now void has likely been void for several years. Still, I take no responsibility for damaged devices. As usual, flash at your own risk.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Working:
    • Audio
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • GPS
    • Camera
    • Sensors/Rotation
    • Fingerprint

Not Working:
    • You tell me.

Instructions:
    • Download the zip(s).
    • Install a compatible Recovery.
    • Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional).
    • Wipe system, data and cache partitions.
    • Flash ROM.
    • Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    • Optional: Install Magisk for Root.
    • Reboot.

Downloads:
    klte
    klteduos
    kltedv
    kltechn
    kltekdi
    kltekor
    OpenGApps

[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy S5 klte + Variants

Sources:
    LineageOS: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Afaneh92's repos: https://github.com/mohammad92?tab=repositories
    samsung-msm8974's repos: https://github.com/samsung-msm8974

Credits:
    - Every open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for klte.
    - @Couchy
    - @ripee
    - @khalvat
    - @Jprimero15

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for klte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
    afaneh92, Couchy
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2020-01-09
    Last Updated 2020-10-29
    Hi all, be safe and wish you all good health.
    We all had bad time as you know. And Im forced to work as my job requires me to be there.
    And Im working on note 5 from scratch and Im almost done.
    So I hope will continue to work on klte next week.
    Best wishes.
    New build is up, fixed headset detection! And enabled gesture system by default.
    Synced with latest los commits.
    And waiting for feedback, Enjoy.
    New build for klte:
    - Some bluetooth updates.
    - Add support for cdma devices.
    - Some sepolicies updates.
    - Synced with latest los changes.
    Hi all, here are a new build. Plz test every thing. Call, sms, audio, and the rest.

Gapps still not working after reboot (12/09 tested) but I have fixed setup wizard crashing thanks to @danwood76 for the fix.

Link and OP will be updated soon.
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=304258

If every thing mostly working will start build the rest variant.