• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10][Unofficial] LineageOS 17.1 for perseus

Search This thread

joelh

Aug 13, 2016
http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
Working:
  • Almost everything

Broken:
  • You tell me

Compatibility:
Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 variants.
Builds are based off the Xiaomi Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
  • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
  • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi MIX 3)
  • Wipe /system, /data and /cache
  • Install LineageOS zip package
  • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
Important notes:
  • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
  • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
  • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3

Contributors
joelh, bgcngm, Demon000
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2020-06-14

Created 2020-04-02
Last Updated 2020-09-21

joelh

Aug 13, 2016
Reserved

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates us more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking or ask the same question over and over again.
If you are the only one having a problem: boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.

LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!!
Press BOTH volume keys + power key - it will vibrate very short. Wait until a notification appears that the bugreport is ready, send it to your mail and post it.
Alternatively go to dev options (press "build number" in "About phone" 7 times to activate it), activate the switch "Bug report shortcut", then go to Settings->Keys->Power key and activate it there as well. Long press power-key and then use the new menu item.
* [url='https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2774386"]how to grab logcat[/url]

Only if rooted:
Use this: SysLog by Tortel

If you have a hard reboot (to the vendor boot logo, not the LineageOS boot logo), use adb or any other file explorer tool to pull a copy of "console-ramoops" after the reboot and provide that.

Code:
adb pull /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops

Note: We will not support any kind of modification on the ROM not done by our sources. If you are running XPosed, Kernel Booster or whatever occurs to you, we won't support you in any way. The problem will in every case be treated as the additional softwares' fault (because often it is!)

Important note

This is a development thread. This means it is NOT your personal support thread.
Questions about anything not related to LineageOS on perseus (Mi Mix 3) will not be accepted nor be answered.
This includes topics like going back to stock, problems with third-party apps (e.g. Snapchat), ...
Also do not encourage people with such questions by answering them but report them to keep the thread clean!

Changelog

* Gerrit (All)
* Device tree
* Common tree
* Kernel

Last edited:

joelh

Aug 13, 2016
Reserved

Community:
We have a community of over 540 helpful Mix 3 users around the world.
Join us on Telegram if you need help or want to chat: https://t.me/MiMix3Global

Firmware:
* Minimum V11.0.1.0.QEECNXM or V11.0.3.0.QEEMIXM stable
If you like to be on the latest firmware, you can grab it here.
You can install this at any time, without affecting your current installation.

Mi Logo Bootloop Fix:
Try flashing Xiaomi.EU first, and then use the Installation instructions normally.
Weekly (20.3.26): Download
Stable (11.0.2.0): Download

Last edited:
Reactions: PerplexityJeff
Jan 3, 2018
Downloaded and installed it as my first after today I unlocked the bootloader. The installation was smooth and did the job. The bootloop fix was required. Thank you for all the great work you do!

MacerHD

Dec 18, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
How does this version of Lineage 17.1 from other Lineage ROMs for the MiMix3? What are your plans for releases/updates? Is this going to be a one and done type of rom?

meech

Mar 16, 2018
How does this version of Lineage 17.1 from other Lineage ROMs for the MiMix3? What are your plans for releases/updates? Is this going to be a one and done type of rom?

lineage team is pretty strict about how their roms are maintained. The dev also said it'll be Nightly so no worry

Reactions: MacerHD

joelh

Aug 13, 2016

meech

Mar 16, 2018

Nice job before I try this rom !
Is there Full screen gesture ( no space bar clean screen as miui and aosip )

I don't think so, lineage is pretty much the closest rom to stock aosp, I may be wrong tho. Anyway if you're rooted there's a magisk module to hide the gesture bar

Noffak

Sep 16, 2018
That's so great. I was waiting for this for months, you did such a great job, thank you!

Last edited:

inspigr

Nov 16, 2007
Hi to all!
I face a strange problem and i'd like to ask you is someone have the same.
When i choose
Security>>Device Security>Screen Lock>None
after 15 sec (the limit that i put to screen off) while my screen is off, suddenly light up again and after 15 sec goes off and light up again and .... this is happen to infinity....
If i press the power button (on-off button on the right of the device),
the screen goes off without light up again.
If i choose
Security>>Device Security>Screen Lock>Swipe,
the screen also goes off without light up again.

Can someone help me please to stop screen goes off - on when i choose "None" to Screen Lock?

Last edited:

selectchanges

Jan 5, 2020
Hi, I'd like to know if this Rom is also for the 5G variant. I know it states all variants but I'm not sure if this includes the 5G models

fpozar

Apr 7, 2016
Hi, I'd like to know if this Rom is also for the 5G variant. I know it states all variants but I'm not sure if this includes the 5G models

It means all the perseus variants. Perseus is the non 5G model. In fact, I believe they only share the look. I might be wrong but andromeda (5g mix 3) is based on a newer snapdragon chip making development on perseus not immediately useful for andromeda. Sure, since it's open source you might be able to salvage some code, but no, it almost certanly (if I'm correct about them being actually different hardware) won't work out of the box.

Reactions: selectchanges

ilya_m

Oct 28, 2010
I just recently switched from official and missed this rom. are there any updates or news?

adam900710

Dec 20, 2010
Boot loop here.

Not sure what I have done wrong.

Chinese non-5G version, boot loader already unlocked.

The phone has been updated to V11.0.3.0.QEEMIXM using global official fastboot rom.
Hasn't encrypted the phone, just copied lineageos and gapps, nor logged into any account.

Then flashed TWRP, wiped system, data, cache, flased lineage os along with gapps.
The result is boot looping, no booting animation, just MI with unlocked icon for several seconds, then black screen for one sec, then back to MI screen.

Updated: Without Gapps, the result is the same.
Tried data wipe, no difference.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    Working:
    • Almost everything

Broken:
    • You tell me

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 variants.
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi MIX 3)
    • Wipe /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3

Contributors
    joelh, bgcngm, Demon000
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-14

Created 2020-04-02
    Last Updated 2020-09-21
    Reserved

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates us more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking or ask the same question over and over again.
    If you are the only one having a problem: boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.

LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!!
    Press BOTH volume keys + power key - it will vibrate very short. Wait until a notification appears that the bugreport is ready, send it to your mail and post it.
    Alternatively go to dev options (press "build number" in "About phone" 7 times to activate it), activate the switch "Bug report shortcut", then go to Settings->Keys->Power key and activate it there as well. Long press power-key and then use the new menu item.
    * [url='https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2774386"]how to grab logcat[/url]

Only if rooted:
    Use this: SysLog by Tortel

If you have a hard reboot (to the vendor boot logo, not the LineageOS boot logo), use adb or any other file explorer tool to pull a copy of "console-ramoops" after the reboot and provide that.

Code:
    adb pull /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops

Note: We will not support any kind of modification on the ROM not done by our sources. If you are running XPosed, Kernel Booster or whatever occurs to you, we won't support you in any way. The problem will in every case be treated as the additional softwares' fault (because often it is!)

Important note

This is a development thread. This means it is NOT your personal support thread.
    Questions about anything not related to LineageOS on perseus (Mi Mix 3) will not be accepted nor be answered.
    This includes topics like going back to stock, problems with third-party apps (e.g. Snapchat), ...
    Also do not encourage people with such questions by answering them but report them to keep the thread clean!

Changelog

* Gerrit (All)
    * Device tree
    * Common tree
    * Kernel
    8/4 unofficial build: Download

lineage team is pretty strict about how their roms are maintained. The dev also said it'll be Nightly so no worry

This will be the official support thread.
    There is a time i though that development scene for Mi Mix 3 was dead. Thanks!. Do you have paypal so we can donate?

Thank you for the offer, I don't personally take donations but you can always donate to the LOS project:

PayPal: paypal.me/LineageOS
    Patreon: patreon.com/LineageOS