• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][10][Unofficial] LineageOS 17.1 for perseus

Search This thread

adam900710

Dec 20, 2010
Finally got it fixed. It looks like this LOS doesn't like V11.0.3.0.QEEMIXM at all.

Had to go xiaomi.eu v11.0.2.0.QEECNXM first, then go this LOS.

Would be happy to see some firmware version check, just like what official LOS for OnePlus5 does (won't continue if firmware doesn't meet certain requirement).

Razzee

Feb 17, 2009

Thank you, has been working good. But I'm getting some connection problems with wifi and maybe even 4g? It's a bit weird, as it seems to work at some times, but not consistent.
Google Music is also funny, I usually download my music when I'm in a wifi. But gmusic seems to be of the oppinion, that it has never been connected to a wifi :/

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
tried to clean flash latest unoffical, im getting the error message attached in the screenshot "zip treble compatiblity error"

Edit: fixed by updating recovery to [RECOVERY][3.2.3-0402][perseus] Last TWRP 3.2.3 0402 from LR TEAM

Last edited:

Apiccio95

Sep 3, 2014
Hi, I'm having several problem with my car bluetooth, it seems not support the codec that the lineageos try to force.. So no multimedia audio, but phone calls work. With the miui rom it was using SBC, but now seems not working or i don't know.
Any idea?

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
Hi, I'm having several problem with my car bluetooth, it seems not support the codec that the lineageos try to force.. So no multimedia audio, but phone calls work. With the miui rom it was using SBC, but now seems not working or i don't know.
Any idea?

maybe creating logs will Help to find a fix

vq8acsxht

Feb 12, 2016
OK, Just figured out a massive bug that you should all be aware of. As you know, lineage stripped root off of OS which was a BAD MOVE!!! They thought it would be fun to get root access off of magisk (basically mooch off a third party). Well, what you DO NOT WANT TO DO IS: in developers options turn on the advanced re-start options. Then, try to restart the phone into the recovery. If you do, the phone will restart into the lineage OS and give a message "Phone is starting". It will brick the phone. In order to fix this the internal storage has to be formatted. A clean or dirty flash will not fix the phone. So, because the nuts decided to use third party root, your phone becomes a paper weight. The lineage 16 add on root does not root the phone either and does nothing to correct this. So, you have been warned!

Jaitsu

OK, Just figured out a massive bug that you should all be aware of. As you know, lineage stripped root off of OS which was a BAD MOVE!!! They thought it would be fun to get root access off of magisk (basically mooch off a third party). Well, what you DO NOT WANT TO DO IS: in developers options turn on the advanced re-start options. Then, try to restart the phone into the recovery. If you do, the phone will restart into the lineage OS and give a message "Phone is starting". It will brick the phone. In order to fix this the internal storage has to be formatted. A clean or dirty flash will not fix the phone. So, because the nuts decided to use third party root, your phone becomes a paper weight. The lineage 16 add on root does not root the phone either and does nothing to correct this. So, you have been warned!

That's not specific to this rom. I'm not sure what it is, but booting into any recovery from any rom on this device seems to have a chance of corrupting /data and requiring you to wipe (someone might have some more input on exactly what causes it, but it's definitely not specific to this rom, I get it all the time on just about every rom I've tried)

Also, there's a good reason to use Magisk: the possibility of passing SafetyNet and otherwise hiding root from apps (games, some banking apps, etc) that will give you a hassle if they detect root or that SafetyNet isn't passing. I don't think that's currently possible with system-installed root. (hiding non-Magisk root from normal detection might be possible but you're sure not passing SafetyNet)

vq8acsxht

Feb 12, 2016
That's not specific to this rom. I'm not sure what it is, but booting into any recovery from any rom on this device seems to have a chance of corrupting /data and requiring you to wipe (someone might have some more input on exactly what causes it, but it's definitely not specific to this rom, I get it all the time on just about every rom I've tried)

I do not believe it is corrupting /data. I think it is inserting a partition into the internal storage area. The dev needs to find out why this is occuring because another app in google play store that needs root in order to boot into recovery did the exact same thing.

Also, there's a good reason to use Magisk: the possibility of passing SafetyNet and otherwise hiding root from apps (games, some banking apps, etc) that will give you a hassle if they detect root or that SafetyNet isn't passing. I don't think that's currently possible with system-installed root. (hiding non-Magisk root from normal detection might be possible but you're sure not passing SafetyNet)

In the states no one gives a sh|t about some damm banking app that google thinks you may need. Here, you are a real idiot if you pay that way. So, what is to hide? I really do not like Magisk because it depends upon twrp anyway to flash anything. Faster to download the package and then flash it. But yes, I do like hearing other ideas.

vq8acsxht

Feb 12, 2016

This is not a root problem and can be fixed. It is caused by flashing TWRP over TWRP within TWRP where the recovery partition is not bootable. To fix this a computer and fastboot is needed. In dev options enable android debugging and connect phone to computer via cable. 1) type in teminal "adb devices". (make sure phone is there) 2) type "adb reboot bootloader" (to put phone in fastboot mode). 3) In fastboot mode type "fastboot erase recovery" (which will fix the main problem-remember TWRP is erased). 4) In fastboot mode type "fastboot flash recovery twrp-x.img" (where twrp-x.img" is TWRP which will install twrp in the recovery partition). 5) Reboot into OS type "fastboot reboot".
Now, while in Lineage debugging turn on advanced restart then try rebooting into TWRP. Hopefully this helps someone!

inspigr

Nov 16, 2007
Hi to all. After so many months, i'll move to stock ROM. Could you possibly know any good guide to restore STOCK (Xiaomi eu v12. 0.1) from LineageOS (this ROM) without problems. I am not lazy to search just stressful with my timeframe job.

Last edited:

joelh

Aug 13, 2016
Hi to all. After so many months, i'll move to stock ROM. Could you possibly know any good guide to restore STOCK (Xiaomi eu v12. 0.1) from LineageOS (this ROM) without problems. I am not lazy to search just stressful with my timeframe job.

Laziness or not, this is not the right place for this sort of question. Please make a new thread for that or find an appropriate one to post in.

I've not forgotten this ROM, expect more builds in October.

inspigr

Nov 16, 2007
Laziness or not, this is not the right place for this sort of question. Please make a new thread for that or find an appropriate one to post in.
I've not forgotten this ROM, expect more builds in October.
All in all it's a question moving from specific ROM to stock. You are the developer, or at least you had started the topic and you done a great job.
Sorry to bother you, but it's (my opinion...) not the solution to open a new thread, asking something "unknown" from people out of this topic!

Grellenort

Nov 22, 2015
All in all it's a question moving from specific ROM to stock. You are the developer, or at least you had started the topic and you done a great job.
Sorry to bother you, but it's (my opinion...) not the solution to open a new thread, asking something "unknown" from people out of this topic!

Xiaomi.eu isnt stock, its custom rom. And if you want install official GLOBAL/CHINA rom straight from Xiaomi then you can google tons of guides about MiFlash.

inspigr

Nov 16, 2007
Xiaomi.eu isnt stock, its custom rom. And if you want install official GLOBAL/CHINA rom straight from Xiaomi then you can google tons of guides about MiFlash.
Thank you Grellenor for your "valuable answer" with the tons of guides. You know ..... you can post just a link (which is most helpful to me.) without write any of your text. Hope you guys not acting like this in your real life!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    Working:
    • Almost everything

Broken:
    • You tell me

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 variants.
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi MIX 3)
    • Wipe /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3

Contributors
    joelh, bgcngm, Demon000
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-14

Created 2020-04-02
    Last Updated 2020-09-21
    Reserved

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates us more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking or ask the same question over and over again.
    If you are the only one having a problem: boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.

LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!!
    Press BOTH volume keys + power key - it will vibrate very short. Wait until a notification appears that the bugreport is ready, send it to your mail and post it.
    Alternatively go to dev options (press "build number" in "About phone" 7 times to activate it), activate the switch "Bug report shortcut", then go to Settings->Keys->Power key and activate it there as well. Long press power-key and then use the new menu item.
    * [url='https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2774386"]how to grab logcat[/url]

Only if rooted:
    Use this: SysLog by Tortel

If you have a hard reboot (to the vendor boot logo, not the LineageOS boot logo), use adb or any other file explorer tool to pull a copy of "console-ramoops" after the reboot and provide that.

Code:
    adb pull /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops

Note: We will not support any kind of modification on the ROM not done by our sources. If you are running XPosed, Kernel Booster or whatever occurs to you, we won't support you in any way. The problem will in every case be treated as the additional softwares' fault (because often it is!)

Important note

This is a development thread. This means it is NOT your personal support thread.
    Questions about anything not related to LineageOS on perseus (Mi Mix 3) will not be accepted nor be answered.
    This includes topics like going back to stock, problems with third-party apps (e.g. Snapchat), ...
    Also do not encourage people with such questions by answering them but report them to keep the thread clean!

Changelog

* Gerrit (All)
    * Device tree
    * Common tree
    * Kernel
    8/4 unofficial build: Download
    How does this version of Lineage 17.1 from other Lineage ROMs for the MiMix3? What are your plans for releases/updates? Is this going to be a one and done type of rom?

lineage team is pretty strict about how their roms are maintained. The dev also said it'll be Nightly so no worry

This will be the official support thread.
    There is a time i though that development scene for Mi Mix 3 was dead. Thanks!. Do you have paypal so we can donate?

Thank you for the offer, I don't personally take donations but you can always donate to the LOS project:

PayPal: paypal.me/LineageOS
    Patreon: patreon.com/LineageOS