[ROM][10][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for the Essential PH-1 (mata)

Search This thread

rophiroth

Dec 11, 2010
The speaker volume in call is too high, even on the lowest setting it acts like the maximum setting.. (adjusting it makes no difference in audio)

Is it only me ?

No Also have those problem. Can't video call because no matter how much lower the audio is always at full... And also problem with microphone. Its a very old bug, dont understand why something that easy its not working.

Also see no usb c adapter or headset work... but I dont know if that's normal xD...

rocketrazr1999

Does anyone know if there's a way to make the PH-1 work better on T-Mobile networks in the US?
Why do you think it isn't working well? Mine both work great, I have them on WiFi primarily, then LTE preferred, then on down the line to lowly 2G, which works fine when LTE is overloaded on my home tower when I'm out of WiFi range. Only thing is wifi can act up at times and then I have to shut it off, a bit of a pain since I can't set it to automatically aggressively switch off at these times like I can with data.

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Well after a few weeks of updating using the magisk method I gave the native updater a try and it worked without a problem. ?
Mine won't update most recent app

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

No Also have those problem. Can't video call because no matter how much lower the audio is always at full... And also problem with microphone. Its a very old bug, dont understand why something that easy its not working.

Also see no usb c adapter or headset work... but I dont know if that's normal xD...
Nope, it's not just you. Mine is stuck at maximum at all times. So much for privacy calls

SirRedwind

Aug 19, 2010
Miami
Why do you think it isn't working well? Mine both work great, I have them on WiFi primarily, then LTE preferred, then on down the line to lowly 2G, which works fine when LTE is overloaded on my home tower when I'm out of WiFi range. Only thing is wifi can act up at times and then I have to shut it off, a bit of a pain since I can't set it to automatically aggressively switch off at these times like I can with data.

Let me put it this way... My wife and my 3 kids phones always have better reception than me (Pixel 3a, Nokia 8, LG G6, Moto G7).
The phone works pretty well, but most of the times I don't have full signal while ALL of them do!!!! :(

rocketrazr1999

My Duo volume does work, it's just my phone calls that the volume is stuck at maximum

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Let me put it this way... My wife and my 3 kids phones always have better reception than me (Pixel 3a, Nokia 8, LG G6, Moto G7).
The phone works pretty well, but most of the times I don't have full signal while ALL of them do!!!! :(

Do you have the most recent radio updated? You can also revert to an older radio since it's a separate image file. Or at least it is in non-A/B phones. Not sure about where it is in these phones. I am going to update my backup Essential to an Android 11 ROM in a minute so I will see how it works. :)

SirRedwind

Aug 19, 2010
Miami
My Duo volume does work, it's just my phone calls that the volume is stuck at maximum

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Do you have the most recent radio updated? You can also revert to an older radio since it's a separate image file. Or at least it is in non-A/B phones. Not sure about where it is in these phones. I am going to update my backup Essential to an Android 11 ROM in a minute so I will see how it works. :)

Nope, this is what I am trying to figure out now... Should I keep stock, go to Lineage, use Android 11 image? Not sure what's the best approach. I have another mata which I am running Android 11 but still not the final version - I haven't figure out exactly how to get the latest and how to update it... LOL

rocketrazr1999

Nope, this is what I am trying to figure out now... Should I keep stock, go to Lineage, use Android 11 image? Not sure what's the best approach. I have another mata which I am running Android 11 but still not the final version - I haven't figure out exactly how to get the latest and how to update it... LOL

There is no latest Android 11, lol. There's one ROM I think that you can try, it's StatiXOS I believe. I am checking into it myself but I'm not sure I want to be bothered while Android 10 is still holding its own just fine. If you go to Lineage, you'll still be on Android 10, so I'm not sure how that will help. Have you tried just using the wifi phone that you can use with T-Mo?

Last edited:

SirRedwind

Aug 19, 2010
Miami
There is no latest Android 11, lol. There's one ROM I think that you can try, it's StatiXOS I believe. I am checking into it myself but I'm not sure I want to be bothered while Android 10 is still holding its own just fine. If you go to Lineage, you'll still be on Android 10, so I'm not sure how that will help. Have you tried just using the wifi phone that you can use with T-Mo?

When I said "latest Android 11" I meant the last Android 11 GSI image. I have the latest beta installed and saw some people who were actually able to move to the final GSI image, with some tweaks. However, I couldn't find an easy upgrade guide and I don't want to mess up the phone.

On Wi-Fi the phone works pretty well. Oh, the same way when I do have cell signal. Then everything works flawlessly... LOL... The problem is only when I don't. Like I said, when my family has signal and I have none, nothing works - internet, text, calls, etc. I am basically dead in the water. I wonder if a radio update would make it better or if it's just a lack of certain TMO bands on the phone. Anyway...

I will check StatiXOS and consider Lineage. I am an old time user of Cyanogen, Lineage, etc. This is the first phone when I don't have it. But keeping the original FEB 2020 image sux. I want to get more updated in security patches - even if I have to stay on Android 10.

THANKS! :)

No-New-Phone

Jan 15, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F1
Finally I'd like to change to the official lineage version. My problem is, that I can't get adb devices working via usb, it simply doesn't show the "authorisation" pop-up and thus rejects it every time with the "no plugdev / udev-rules?" errors. It works well when I activate adb access via network, then the pop-up appears and I can use adb. But adb via network doesn't survive rebooting, and I am afraid of locking myself out of my phone when I try to install lineageos official; I think I might get stuck at the sideload-step.

Anyone with an idea of a workaround? - I still didn't flash the lineageos-recovery, so my current Idea of a workaround would be to install any twrp-compatibel ROM and then try setting up everything from that point. What do you think?

rocketrazr1999

Finally I'd like to change to the official lineage version. My problem is, that I can't get adb devices working via usb, it simply doesn't show the "authorisation" pop-up and thus rejects it every time with the "no plugdev / udev-rules?" errors. It works well when I activate adb access via network, then the pop-up appears and I can use adb. But adb via network doesn't survive rebooting, and I am afraid of locking myself out of my phone when I try to install lineageos official; I think I might get stuck at the sideload-step.

Anyone with an idea of a workaround? - I still didn't flash the lineageos-recovery, so my current Idea of a workaround would be to install any twrp-compatibel ROM and then try setting up everything from that point. What do you think?

Hi NoNewPhone,

I had the same, or similar, problem at one time, or, at least, the problem had the exact same symptom, with a result of having no connection to my PC. Since you DO get a wireless connection, the immediate thought is of a cable issue. I have had one myself once, so it does happen. And it doesn't necessarily mean you have a severed cable inside the outer coating which is undetectable by the naked eye. In many reported cases,cit is actually the "factory made, Essential provided cable!!!" The USB cable supplied with your phone is widely known to be ineffective for data. Solution... try a brand nsme USB data cable that you KNOW has worked in the past. If this doesn't right the ship, try updating your drivers and ADB program. It's not quite as widely known, but there's a few versions and types that don't play nicely with the Essential Bootloader, notably the Minimal ADB Fastboot program. I installed the ADB that Essential had available for download on their (now defunct I heard) website. I'm sure it is still floating around the internet somewhere, but if you can't find it (or don't already have it), you can try other versions, or, install Android's massive SDK Manager and the relevant packages you need. But be forewarned.... it Is a big, big program, with a not-so-user friendly UI, and... (IMO, isn't any better than the prepackaged ADB Fastboot programs you can install in minutes). Lastly, be sure you've done your due diligence with respect to double checking your phone setting and you've made a clear path on the PC for the ADB platform tools folder to find your phone, (or vice versa, lol). Anyway, hope you have success with ADB reading your phone through the USB/USB-C cable.

chanh2018

Jan 19, 2018
For new update, if I download the update file and do adb sideload, I won't loose any data, right?
Update through the phone is so slow.

kiyolaka

Feb 6, 2013
I'm on the latest nightly as of 11/20 and am having issues with voicemail audio (checking voicemail as well as when calling others and hearing their voicemail recording).

The best way to describe it is it sounds like alvin and the chipmunks.
I've found that disabling VOLTE seems to prevent that but this is a non-solution as T-Mobile will only be allowing VOLTE in just over a month.

A workaround seems to be toggling to speaker and then back to the earpiece but it's not great.

Any idea on how to resolve this of if it's a known issue?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Do not lock your bootloader with this installed. You must be 100% stock, I'd suggest on both slots, in order to re-lock your bootloader.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Unofficial LineageOS Builds
    Essential PH-1 (mata): Mega

Google Apps
    Google Apps (OpenGapps nano) are baked in to these builds. At this time I do not plan to release vanilla builds. Users who require this will have to build their own.

Source
    Device | Kernel

Known Issues
    MTP Connection to computer (USB C usb still works)

Prerequisites

Unlocked bootloader
    January 2020 Release | Q 10 - Q Release 5 | QQ1A.200105.007 -> here
    Fastboot and ADB set up

Flashing Instructions
    Make sure you meet the prerequisites before continuing!
    • Flash January 2020 Stock OS
    • Flash or boot into TWRP
    • Factory Reset in TWRP
    • Flash LineageOS 17.1 and the TWRP Installer
    • Reboot back to recovery
    • Flash Magisk (optional)

Android Version: 10.0.0_r31
    Security Patch: March 5, 2020

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for the Essential PH-1 (mata), ROM for the Essential Phone

Contributors
    Rybo713
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-03-12
    Last Updated 2020-03-14
    I just tried again and I can confirm that these steps work:

1. Start with TWRP on both slots.
    2. Boot TWRP.
    3. Switch to the other slot and wipe dalvik, system and cache.
    4. Switch back to the original slot and flash LOS. It will install in the slot you wiped in step 3.
    5. Reboot to recovery. It will boot LOS recovery given that this is now the active slot. Go in the advanced option and reboot to the bootloader
    6. Switch slot and reboot to recovery. This will be TWRP recovery.
    7. Switch slot in TWRP and flash Gapps, Magisk, etc.
    8. Reboot to system.
    9. Done
    USB MTP Connection

I found a way to work USB MTP on my Essential Phone.
    Github→ LineageOS/android_device_essential_mata/commit/652993dc2810d6913cb5b0b23a6c2891442fa6e9
    After applying this change on the GitHub, you can use MTP.
    (I can't send URL by xda limitations for all new xda users)

Working : USB MTP(File Transfer)
    Not Testing : All Other (Include Android Auto)

EUDEzyXUYAEVEPn
    Sorry if I have lost it somewhere. But is this the procedure to upgrade from Los 16 to 17.1, or from 17.1 unofficial to 17.1 official?

I was so happy having installed this unofficial los 17.1, but I'd love the updater. Especially because it's my wife's phone, and it would be nice to not have to update manually (if updates are still happening here).

So should I go the @R2D2_SW way? Or simply wait some more time to get an easy-beasy-download-zip-and-flash-install?

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 4 mit Tapatalk
    With the 05/01 recovery, you can use the method on the Lineage website. The only things to know is that the format system may fail but it doesn't matter, and when sideloading the rom, it will freeze at 47% and you will get a message saying that the connection was lost (or something like that) but at the very end of that message, it will say "no error". And that means just that, i.e. the flash was successful. You can reboot to recovery and sideload gapps and Magisk with the 5/1 LOS recovery and that should go without any errors at all. I've tried it and it worked for me. The issues with LOS recovery were in the prior build (before 5/1).

That being said, if you are comfortable and understand which slots you are working on, you can use TWRP as well without any issues.
    hello,
    i have installed the official 5-30 LOS with stock gapps. Phone is also rooted with magisk.
    the speaker phone volume at minimum level is amazingly loud. it's like it used to a couple of years ago before they corrected the issue with a monthly update. i forget the timeline and details, but that is a summary of the fix, then.
    before i installed the 5-30 LOS, i was still on the feb security update and the speaker phone volume had a more reasonable minimum level.

is anyone else having this issue on a phone call and using the speaker phone?

i tried finding something with edxposed and gravity box, but i didn't see anything that helped. i've read some other posts on reddit that mentioned an app called precise volume. i couldn't see how this reduced the gain...it seemed if it did anything that it just gave more volume steps. but maybe i am not using it correctly.
    what i'd really like to to is find something that reduces the gain by 10 or 20 (or whatever) decibels.
    Yes, if you notice, volume is the same no matter what you do with volume. It's always maxed. I filed an issue for it earlier in the month. Not sure when it'll be addressed.