[ROM][10][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for the Essential PH-1 (mata)

Search This thread

tadj-all

Oct 10, 2009
HI guys,

Can somebody share the information if using WhatsApp and making a call leads to some problems with the microphone and not good hearing by the other side?
I have this problem with WhatsApp, Viber and Messenger any time when am using video-call and then decide to switch to a normal call the other sides never hears me so just need to close to conversation and to call back. And I am still using CrDroid, but have the same issue with Havoc and StatiXOS 4.

It is very important for me these apps to work fine because I make all my conversations through them.

baboon23

Apr 9, 2020
builds on the official site are the updated, newest builds.
builds on this thread are old from before it went official - dont use them

Reactions: S.Mayer
HI guys,

Can somebody share the information if using WhatsApp and making a call leads to some problems with the microphone and not good hearing by the other side?
I have this problem with WhatsApp, Viber and Messenger any time when am using video-call and then decide to switch to a normal call the other sides never hears me so just need to close to conversation and to call back. And I am still using CrDroid, but have the same issue with Havoc and StatiXOS 4.

It is very important for me these apps to work fine because I make all my conversations through them.
Lineage based Roms have this issue.
You gotta use a AOSP based Rom such as CarbonRom. Don't think there any other for this phone.
Paranoid Android might also fix this but is based on CAF so I'm not entirely sure.

AppMtneer

Sep 8, 2014
Boone, NC
Lineage based Roms have this issue.
You gotta use a AOSP based Rom such as CarbonRom. Don't think there any other for this phone.
Paranoid Android might also fix this but is based on CAF so I'm not entirely sure.
A proposed fix to LineageOS 17.1 for a longstanding Essential PH-1 microphone issue has landed recently, so hopefully these mic issues with the PH-1 running this ROM will soon be fixed - or at least greatly improved - by the patch. Latest builds are always on the official site.

Darkside1984

Aug 28, 2014
Madrid
Samsung Galaxy S10e
I've seen on Mata Releases TG channel that it exist an unofficial LineageOS 18.1 (link) version for our Essential. Someone has tried it? I'm tempted to install it until the StatixOS update arrives but I hardly see any information on the web....

Beej1970

Mar 29, 2013
Fosston
Moto G Power
HI guys,

I've had the same issue. Lower mic isn't working when you use in any app.

amp

Nov 6, 2010
edit: Yes, flashing twrp.img (working touch version) does not work, it boots back to recovery. Pushing Magisk under LineageOS "purple" recovery using adb sideload, get stuck at 47% but a quick look at my phone and it was asking for some sort of "permission", I accepted and the Magisk flash went through. All this happened under slot_a and it worked! I then updated within Magisk app and its fully working now.

The trick is understanding and maneuvering between the slots. Make sure to flash both slots as well to eliminate confusion and have a "process of elimination".

Last edited:

jagheadyeah

Jan 25, 2021
help,
i did install lineage os from official site, and then flash twrp.zip
then i cant reboot to system nor twrp, it just stuck at factbood mode.
someone from tele grup told me that twrp breaks with lineage, so basically i cant install twrp on lineage os? is that true? or i need some stuff to properly install twrp and magisk on lineage?

amp

Nov 6, 2010
help,
someone from tele grup told me that twrp breaks with lineage, so basically i cant install twrp on lineage os? is that true? or i need some stuff to properly install twrp and magisk on lineage?

In bootloader (fastboot), make sure what slot you are on:
fastboot getvar current-slot
I typically flash ROMs on slot_a, so in bootloader I swap to slot_b:
fastboot --set-active=b
Then flash TWRP to that slot:
fastboot flash boot_b twrp.img
Then boot to recovery. Wipe system, data, optional internal, unless you have a zip there because mounting USB under TWRP is finicky. Flash ROM on both slots just to make sure you cover all grounds. Do this by going to TWRP reboot, switch slot to A, and then go back to flash again the ROM. TWRP flashes ROMs on opposite slot, but when it comes wiping, it wipes on current slot, a minor detail for many to miss on.

If you need to flash GApps or Magisk, you must be on the slot where the ROM was installed. So if you flash ROM on slot_a, you cannot use TWRP to install GApps/Magisk, as it does only opposite. So you'll need LineageOS "purple" recovery .img and flash this on same slot as slot_a:
fastboot flash boot_a lineage-17.1-20210118-recovery-mata.img
Then activate ADB sideload:
adb sideload Magisk-v21.4.zip
If GApps, never run system ROM, so as soon as you flash ROM, flash GApps immediately. I recommend microg anyways (https://lineage.microg.org/). For Magisk, just adb flash.

If you accidentally wiped all including internal where you typically store .zips, TWRP may not mount the internal correctly, failing to be able to drag and drop any .zip ROM for TWRP flashing. If this is your case, you'd have to activate ADB mount, and then unzip a stock ROM zip, locate flashall.bat and run it.

chanh2018

Jan 19, 2018
help,
For me, to avoid all headaches, just forget about TWRP, use LineageOS recovery. Follow exactly the instruction in installation page, and you'll be fine.

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
help,
Never Flash TWRP on a device with a A/B partition. Just use fastboot to boot into TWRP.

robsonline

Aug 29, 2007
Never Flash TWRP on a device with a A/B partition. Just use fastboot to boot into TWRP.

The Essential Phone is an A/B device that does not support fastboot boot, so you have to flash the TWRP image to the boot partition. See the TWRP for more info. Or forget using TWRP, and use Lineage Recovery which is what I did.

Last edited:

dmarshn

Mar 3, 2018
I just installed lineage 17.1 on my Essential PH-1 (Mata). It seems to work great, however after I unplug the device from usb and reboot, it starts powering its self down, giving me the "Can't load android system. Your data may be corrupt." error. I have tried using the 2021-01-25 nightly from the lineageos download page, and 2021-01-17 build from microg. I would install an older version, but can not seem to find them anywhere. I have been trying to get this working for the past 2 days with no luck.

edit:typo

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Do not lock your bootloader with this installed. You must be 100% stock, I'd suggest on both slots, in order to re-lock your bootloader.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Unofficial LineageOS Builds
    Essential PH-1 (mata): Mega

Google Apps
    Google Apps (OpenGapps nano) are baked in to these builds. At this time I do not plan to release vanilla builds. Users who require this will have to build their own.

Source
    Device | Kernel

Known Issues
    MTP Connection to computer (USB C usb still works)

Prerequisites

Unlocked bootloader
    January 2020 Release | Q 10 - Q Release 5 | QQ1A.200105.007 -> here
    Fastboot and ADB set up

Flashing Instructions
    Make sure you meet the prerequisites before continuing!
    • Flash January 2020 Stock OS
    • Flash or boot into TWRP
    • Factory Reset in TWRP
    • Flash LineageOS 17.1 and the TWRP Installer
    • Reboot back to recovery
    • Flash Magisk (optional)

Android Version: 10.0.0_r31
    Security Patch: March 5, 2020

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for the Essential PH-1 (mata), ROM for the Essential Phone

Contributors
    Rybo713
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-03-12
    Last Updated 2020-03-14
    I just tried again and I can confirm that these steps work:

1. Start with TWRP on both slots.
    2. Boot TWRP.
    3. Switch to the other slot and wipe dalvik, system and cache.
    4. Switch back to the original slot and flash LOS. It will install in the slot you wiped in step 3.
    5. Reboot to recovery. It will boot LOS recovery given that this is now the active slot. Go in the advanced option and reboot to the bootloader
    6. Switch slot and reboot to recovery. This will be TWRP recovery.
    7. Switch slot in TWRP and flash Gapps, Magisk, etc.
    8. Reboot to system.
    9. Done
    USB MTP Connection

I found a way to work USB MTP on my Essential Phone.
    Github→ LineageOS/android_device_essential_mata/commit/652993dc2810d6913cb5b0b23a6c2891442fa6e9
    After applying this change on the GitHub, you can use MTP.
    (I can't send URL by xda limitations for all new xda users)

Working : USB MTP(File Transfer)
    Not Testing : All Other (Include Android Auto)

EUDEzyXUYAEVEPn
    Sorry if I have lost it somewhere. But is this the procedure to upgrade from Los 16 to 17.1, or from 17.1 unofficial to 17.1 official?

I was so happy having installed this unofficial los 17.1, but I'd love the updater. Especially because it's my wife's phone, and it would be nice to not have to update manually (if updates are still happening here).

So should I go the @R2D2_SW way? Or simply wait some more time to get an easy-beasy-download-zip-and-flash-install?

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 4 mit Tapatalk
    With the 05/01 recovery, you can use the method on the Lineage website. The only things to know is that the format system may fail but it doesn't matter, and when sideloading the rom, it will freeze at 47% and you will get a message saying that the connection was lost (or something like that) but at the very end of that message, it will say "no error". And that means just that, i.e. the flash was successful. You can reboot to recovery and sideload gapps and Magisk with the 5/1 LOS recovery and that should go without any errors at all. I've tried it and it worked for me. The issues with LOS recovery were in the prior build (before 5/1).

That being said, if you are comfortable and understand which slots you are working on, you can use TWRP as well without any issues.
    hello,
    i have installed the official 5-30 LOS with stock gapps. Phone is also rooted with magisk.
    the speaker phone volume at minimum level is amazingly loud. it's like it used to a couple of years ago before they corrected the issue with a monthly update. i forget the timeline and details, but that is a summary of the fix, then.
    before i installed the 5-30 LOS, i was still on the feb security update and the speaker phone volume had a more reasonable minimum level.

is anyone else having this issue on a phone call and using the speaker phone?

i tried finding something with edxposed and gravity box, but i didn't see anything that helped. i've read some other posts on reddit that mentioned an app called precise volume. i couldn't see how this reduced the gain...it seemed if it did anything that it just gave more volume steps. but maybe i am not using it correctly.
    what i'd really like to to is find something that reduces the gain by 10 or 20 (or whatever) decibels.
    Yes, if you notice, volume is the same no matter what you do with volume. It's always maxed. I filed an issue for it earlier in the month. Not sure when it'll be addressed.