[ROM][10.x][OFFICIAL] CarbonROM | cr-8.0 [clover /MI PAD 4]

Search This thread

rusanovd

May 31, 2021
Sofia
Hello,

I recently purchased a Mi Pad 4, immediately hated the original OS and I flashed Carbon ROM. Everything works great, except it seems encryption does not play nicely with this tablet/ROM - the tablet hanged a couple of times during the encryption process (the last time I waited for ~15-18 hours, before I restarted it), although it did work after a reboot and reported encryption to be enabled.
The only successful encryption attempt was when I started fresh and encrypted the tablet before making any other configuration changes to it (configured the PIN after the encryption completed). However, once the tablet is encrypted, it stops entering Deep Sleep.
I am also having issues upgrading the tablet with encryption enabled (initially I flashed the March/April releases with TWRP from the link in the first post) - TWRP does not seem to recognise the encrypted (Data?) partition.
I did find other posts in this thread from people complaning about the same problem and an explanation that older versions of TWRP do this, but now I have the latest one with a fresh install of the 20210520 Carbon ROM release - TWRP still shows Data as 0kB, refuses to mount it or perform a backup if the tablet is encrypted.
I am currently using:
twrp-3.5.2_9-0-clover
CARBON-CR-8.0-PAX-RELEASE-clover-20210520-0105
FlameGApps-10.0-basic-arm64-20210524
No Magisk, no root.

Is this a known issue or I am doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance!

droidbot1337

Apr 2, 2013
i just switched from crDroid to this ROM because the maintainer switched devices. so far this ROM is great minus a few missing features such as scrolling screenshot. that aside, i cant seem to get any app to detect files from external sources. the system detects the hardware such ass thumb drives and hard drives.

i can open the files using solid explorer or the built in file explorer but when i try to use vlc or any other media player they dont detect the external storage. for now i have to set aside my pad 4 and use my bigger tab s7+ which is nice!..... but far too big for me to enjoy at work. can anyone please help me out? thanks.

pnin

i can open the files using solid explorer or the built in file explorer but when i try to use vlc or any other media player they dont detect the external storage. for now i have to set aside my pad 4 and use my bigger tab s7+ which is nice!..... but far too big for me to enjoy at work. can anyone please help me out? thanks.

I reported a similar problem at the LOS 17.1 thread (which is what I'm using).

Previously, on Pie, and after minimal tweaking, USB OTG always worked the same as internal storage, so I'm very interested in any solutions for the issue.

Dec 5, 2009
Hello,

I recently purchased a Mi Pad 4, immediately hated the original OS and I flashed Carbon ROM. Everything works great, except it seems encryption does not play nicely with this tablet/ROM - the tablet hanged a couple of times during the encryption process (the last time I waited for ~15-18 hours, before I restarted it), although it did work after a reboot and reported encryption to be enabled.
The only successful encryption attempt was when I started fresh and encrypted the tablet before making any other configuration changes to it (configured the PIN after the encryption completed). However, once the tablet is encrypted, it stops entering Deep Sleep.
I am also having issues upgrading the tablet with encryption enabled (initially I flashed the March/April releases with TWRP from the link in the first post) - TWRP does not seem to recognise the encrypted (Data?) partition.
I did find other posts in this thread from people complaning about the same problem and an explanation that older versions of TWRP do this, but now I have the latest one with a fresh install of the 20210520 Carbon ROM release - TWRP still shows Data as 0kB, refuses to mount it or perform a backup if the tablet is encrypted.
I am currently using:
twrp-3.5.2_9-0-clover
No Magisk, no root.

Thanks in advance!
Yes that version of TWRP is bugged and does not work correctly.

I also recently installed Carbon on my Mi Pad 4 and wanted to have encryption working. I used TWRP version 3.3.1-0 you can find it on the Floko rom page on these forums.

Ecthelion4

Apr 14, 2017
does anyone else have an issue with timezone after reboots? every time i reboot my timezone changes to gmt.
One thing I noticed during vacation is that my timezone did not adjust to the new timezone where I was located. While my smartphone fetched the new timezone from the network, my Mi Pad 4 remained in the old timezone GMT+1. Perhaps these issues are related.

Jun 17, 2021
Hello,

I am currently using:
twrp-3.5.2_9-0-clover
No Magisk, no root.

Thanks in advance!
Same problem. The only partial solution that I found was to remove the PIN, flash and encrypt again. It is a partial solution since the tablet hang up and I had to restart loosing some app that I needed to re install. Still no Depp sleep after encryption

Last edited:

bokkiej

Sep 27, 2012
Just installed CARBON-CR-8.0-PAX-RELEASE-clover-20210820-0822 official ROM. Had some problems while following the instructions in the first post (which seem to be solved right now):
- TWRP couldn't format encrypted partition, when checking all four mentioned components together to wipe/format. I had to do it seperately.
- After sideloading FlameGApps-10.0-full-arm64-20210829 through ADB in recovery, my tablet entered a bootloop. When flashing the ROM again without FlameGApps, there was no problem. Then the same happened when trying FlameGApps-10.0-basic-arm64-20210829 . Then I tried open_gapps-arm64-10.0-stock-20210901, which was too big for the partition. Using open_gapps-arm64-10.0-mini-20210901 worked for me.
- I had to re-enable encryption because of adding a (google) work account. That process didn't work very fluidly: after waiting for several hours at different points and after rebooting several times, I flashed a different TWRP (TWRP-20191001-3.3.1.0-clover.img from the FlokoRom thread instead of the one in de first post of this thread) because of somebody's advice in a different thread. After flashing that and rebooting twice, it worked out pretty fast. Not sure if that was because of the new TWRP.

Maybe this helps people with the same issues.

Only annoying thing now is that I have to enter a pattern both when starting android and one when unlocking, which seems to be necessary with encryption (which is required for the school account). But hey, stock ROM somehow didn't allow me use the school account at all, so I've reached my goal thanks to this custom ROM. Thanks! :) Now hoping that no problems will arise when updating in the future, as seems to be mentioned in the previous posts...

Reactions: pnin
Jun 17, 2021
Just installed CARBON-CR-8.0-PAX-RELEASE-clover-20210820-0822 official ROM. Had some problems while following the instructions in the first post (which seem to be solved right now):
- TWRP couldn't format encrypted partition, when checking all four mentioned components together to wipe/format. I had to do it seperately.
- After sideloading FlameGApps-10.0-full-arm64-20210829 through ADB in recovery, my tablet entered a bootloop. When flashing the ROM again without FlameGApps, there was no problem. Then the same happened when trying FlameGApps-10.0-basic-arm64-20210829 . Then I tried open_gapps-arm64-10.0-stock-20210901, which was too big for the partition. Using open_gapps-arm64-10.0-mini-20210901 worked for me.
- I had to re-enable encryption because of adding a (google) work account. That process didn't work very fluidly: after waiting for several hours at different points and after rebooting several times, I flashed a different TWRP (TWRP-20191001-3.3.1.0-clover.img from the FlokoRom thread instead of the one in de first post of this thread) because of somebody's advice in a different thread. After flashing that and rebooting twice, it worked out pretty fast. Not sure if that was because of the new TWRP.

Maybe this helps people with the same issues.

Only annoying thing now is that I have to enter a pattern both when starting android and one when unlocking, which seems to be necessary with encryption (which is required for the school account). But hey, stock ROM somehow didn't allow me use the school account at all, so I've reached my goal thanks to this custom ROM. Thanks! :) Now hoping that no problems will arise when updating in the future, as seems to be mentioned in the previous posts...
Do you confirm that after encryption the tablet can go in deep sleep,? for some unknown reason when I encryt O Lost the deep sleep possibility

rusanovd

May 31, 2021
Sofia
Yes that version of TWRP is bugged and does not work correctly.

I also recently installed Carbon on my Mi Pad 4 and wanted to have encryption working. I used TWRP version 3.3.1-0 you can find it on the Floko rom page on these forums.

I finally got to testing with an older recovery. I flashed TWRP 3.3.1-0, then flashed CarbonROM 20210920-1731 & FlameGApps 20211016 via TWRP (wiped data, Dalvic, cache, system, internal storage before flashing).
After booting i skipped most configuration steps and only set a passcode. Then I tried to encrypt the tablet, but after leaving the device stuck at boot screen for more than 20 hours, I gave up and powered it off.
How long is the encryption process expected to last? I am afraid I am about to damage the screen if I keep experimenting...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mc8rSh2.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

This Rom works on MI PAD 4 or MI PAD 4 PLUS​

Instructions

1. Download ROM, Gapps, TWRP recovery.
    2. Extract Boot.img from ROM zip.
    3. Flash the Boot.img from ROM via fastboot (fastboot flash boot pathTo/boot.img)
    4. Flash TWRP Recovery via fastboot (fastboot flash recovery pathTo/recovery.img)
    5. Boot into Recovery
    6. Format System,Data and wipe Dalvik, Cache from recovery (Wipe Option).
    7. Flash CarbonRom zip.
    8. Flash Gapps zip.
    9. Reboot.

(Optional)
    8.1 Root: Download Magisk & flash Magisk zip via Recovery

Download:

VERY IMPORTANT
    -Before installing ROM for first time format data and system partition
    -If you Update the ROM skip 2,3,4,6,8 in Instructions.

Bugs:
    - None

Changelog

FAQ

Q- Can i install it on locked bootloader?
    A- No.

Q- Which gapps should be used?
    A- arm64 10.0

Q- How to install this rom?
    A- Read first post.

Q- Is something not working?
    A-See the bugs listed above.

Q- Something* is not working.
    A-Report bugs on github or here when it is not listed above.

Q- What's the difference between official weeklys and test builds ?
    A- Official weeklys use the stablest code we have, test builds sometimes have bugs, but you will have features which are under testing or prerelease features which are not available on weeklys yet.

Source:
    Device Tree
    Common Tree
    Vendor Tree
    Common Vendor Tree
    Kernel source

Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    GitHub
    Gerrit

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][10.x][OFFICIAL] CarbonROM | cr-8.0 [clover /MI PAD 4], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4

Contributors
    rcstar6696
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: CarbonROM

Version Information

Created 2018-12-06
    Last Updated 2020-05-06
    ➡️ Carbon PAX Update Clover (Mi Pad 4 /Plus)
    ?*? by @rcstar6696

? ROM | UNOFFICIAL | BETA
    ℹ️ Version: 10.0 Q
    ? Build date: 08-04-2020

LAST UNOFFICIAL BUILD NEXT WILL BE OFFICIAL

⚙️ Link:
    - https://mega.nz/#!fEJ0jCgS!IWLeZY5WJKLAxzOmykpTx9zDSC0x5PA8RruucyX6zZs

⚙️ CHANGELOG:
    Device:
    - Kernel Version Upgrade to 4.4.218
    - Switching from HMP to EAS
    - New Power Hal
    - Fixed reboot in Hotspot mode
    - fix hd logo
    - New gps Hals

Rom:
    - April Security Patch
    - battery bar added
    - under the hood changes

? Known Bugs:
    - Battery Status bar icons are still WIP

? Note:
    There is no need to flash Gapps and Magisk after Rom while updating from old to newest.

? XDA:
    https://xdaforums.com/mi-pad-4/development/rom-carbonrom-cr-7-0-t3876261
    ?*? by @rcstar6696

? Build date: 26-03-2020

⚙️ Link:
    - https://mega.nz/#!7FxUmaAR!wG7TFjv67J8592ucsOW4TUp1KoxlguvvCDWeO_xaO-A

⚙️ CHANGELOG:
    Device:
    - Kernel Version Upgrade to 4.4.217
    - Kernel updated to newest Caf
    - Fix ThermalEngine crash
    - Resolve Sepolicy denials
    - Merged Device Changes from Caf
    - Update Blobs from LA.UM.8.2.r1-05700-sdm660.0

Rom:
    - Fix freeform Window Drag
    - Screenrecorder improvement
    - New Qs Panels ( wifi,bt,mobile data)
    - Wip Battery styles (Circle Broken)
    - Improved Flashlight
    - Translation added

? Known Bugs:
    - None

? Note:
    There is no need to flash Gapps and Magisk after Rom while updating from old to newest.

? XDA:
    ?*? by @rcstar6696

? Build date: 01-02-2020

⚙️ Link:
    - https://mega.nz/#!3ZRlzATR!HxwcaxGhGIk2h57-RwOPrBqUlVyHdrI_x_j6YzThzMY

⚙️ CHANGELOG:
    - Kernel upstream to 4.4.212
    - Update Camera configuration
    - Upstreamed Kernel to newest Caf released
    - Added longer cpu boost (follow caf)
    - Themeable Primary Color fixed
    - Some under the hood changes

? Known Bugs:
    - None

? Note:
    ?*? by @rcstar6696

? Build date: 08-03-2020

⚙️ Link:
    - https://mega.nz/#!SNYmHKIR!ihlG8zBVuo7sCYl4q36s6MIvyvL-50ufARv_mDda_a4

⚙️ CHANGELOG:
    Device:
    - Few Kernel Improvements
    - Fix MiSound (Dirac)

Rom:
    - March Security Update
    - Rebased Source on 10.0.0 r31
    - Added High Aspect Ratio for Apps
    - Fixed Crash of Statusbar Icons
    - Hide Statusbar on Lockscreen (Switch)
    - Remove Dashboard Stuff in Settings (Switch)
    - Swap Sound Buttons on Rotation (Switch)
    - Translation added
    - Pixel Navbar Icons
    - Add Minimize and Picture in Picture in Freeform Multiwindow
    - Some under the hood changes

? Known Bugs:
    - None

? Note:

? XDA: