- Nov 2, 2017
CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub... and at CarbonROM Gerrit.
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:
1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
1. Download the latest build and GApps
2. Reboot to recovery
3. Make nandroid backup (Not Necessary)
4. Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik
5. Flash the latest build and GApps
7.2 Root: Download Magisk & flash Magisk zip via Recovery
-Before installing ROM for first time format data and system partition
- NO 5G (inkypen is on it i think - thank him for all the work)
- Initial XDA Release
- All important bugs are solved now
- Kernel upstream to 4.14.83
Q- Can i install it on locked bootloader?
Q- Which gapps should be used?
A- arm64 10.0
Q- How to install this rom?
A- Read first post.
Q- Is something not working?
A-See the bugs listed above.
Q- Something* is not working.
A-Report bugs on github or here when it is not listed above.
Q- What's the difference between official weeklys and test builds ?
A- Official weeklys use the stablest code we have, test builds sometimes have bugs, but you will have features which are under testing or prerelease features which are not available on weeklys yet.
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!
[ROM][10.x][UNOFFICIAL] CarbonROM | cr-8.0 [ANDROMEDA, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.83-draco+
ROM Firmware Required: Mi Mix 3 5G
Based On: CarbonROM
Last Updated 28/02/2020[/QUOTE]