[ROM][10JAN] CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-KANG [.32][.35][BothBasebands]

Search This thread

adfad666

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2011
in7kew.jpg

Please do not post in this thread.

Official CyanogenMod 7.2-RC0 Nightly Support Thread <-- link to support thread

The latest CyanogenMod Nightly can be downloaded here or via ROMManager.
The new recovery in ROMManager (5.0.2.7) is not required, but is necessary to receive automatic updates.

ROM Customisers: The sources no longer refer to thunderg but to p500 so your
ROMs may need some work to be compatible.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that happens if you decide to use
this rom. It could change your life, you might win the lottery or find a
stunning new boyfriend / girlfriend because of this rom. It could also make
your phone explode and burn your house down or cause the apocalypse to come
early (it's not due till the end of the year!).
Flash responsibly.

OLD BASEBAND?

If your phone uses the old baseband, you can flash the following zip after flashing the nightly to get everything working again. NOTE: you will need to reflash this zip every time you upgrade to the latest nightly!!

Old Baseband Fix - Flashable ZIP

NO-APN PROBLEMS?

If you get GSM but no data, and you cannot save any APN settings, it means you have what I'm calling a 'funny SIM'. Certain mobile operators use SIMs which include an extra data storage area to be used for things like GSM Banking etc. CyanogenMod currently does not fully support these SIMs on the new baseband.

APN / FUNNY SIM FIX - Flashable ZIP (Includes the files above, you only need to flash this one)

Please thank werewolfo for generously donating an Italian funny SIM for me to test with!.

Shout outs go to:
andy572, _Arjen_, Bytecode, franciscofranco, fserve, lupohirp, mik_os,
and anyone else who may have left useful advice on these forums!

Flash responsibly.

P.S. Special thanks to: everyone who donated to get this project going. Much appreciated!

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

Oct 17, 2011
Brasília
Good, it's more organized now. :)
But could you link first post directly to download link instead of the post with it?

ScripterJR

Feb 22, 2011
Great work. You say you use and recommend F series but before you said N series will officially be supported by cm7.2, is this still true??

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

digitalface

Dec 11, 2010
Still no data and when I try to add an APN, after entering all the details and clicking 'save' there's nothing there. ffs :(

Also does anyone else get it where if their SIM card is PIN enabled and they enter Airplane Mode, after coming back out of Airplane there's no prompt for a PIN and therefore no mobile signal until you restart the phone?

Reactions: holyzombiejesus

holyzombiejesus

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton
Fantastic job Adam. I'm testing out the N1 now and it appears to be quite fast and extremely stable. I'm really impressed with the professionalism and class you've brought to this ROM over the past weeks.

can i update on top of N1 without wiping all the data?

Just wipe dalvik and cache.
You should have no problems.

Still no data and when I try to add an APN, after entering all the details and clicking 'save' there's nothing there. ffs :(

Also does anyone else get it where if their SIM card is PIN enabled and they enter Airplane Mode, after coming back out of Airplane there's no prompt for a PIN and therefore no mobile signal until you restart the phone?

You need to state what ROM you are using, what kernel you are using, and what baseband you have flashed or you are wasting ours, and more importantly, the dev's time.

Last edited:

zeu55

Dec 27, 2010
Is it possible to teather usb using any other kernel? A7 didnt have that problem. I want to use f8 but usb teather bug holds me to do this.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

dnle71

Nov 9, 2011
hey! guys sorry for this OT..

in updating to new baseband do i have to disable LGE Android Platform USB Modem?

Last edited:

eeee616

Jun 11, 2011
Hồ Chí Minh
hey! guys sorry for this OT..

in updating to new baseband do i have to disable LGE Android Platform USB Modem?

No...... no disable LGE Android Platform USB Modem :)

Only disable LGE Virtual Modem

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Tested A8 no Offline charging ??? :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    in7kew.jpg

Please do not post in this thread.

Official CyanogenMod 7.2-RC0 Nightly Support Thread <-- link to support thread

The latest CyanogenMod Nightly can be downloaded here or via ROMManager.
    The new recovery in ROMManager (5.0.2.7) is not required, but is necessary to receive automatic updates.

ROM Customisers: The sources no longer refer to thunderg but to p500 so your
    ROMs may need some work to be compatible.

Flash responsibly.

OLD BASEBAND?

If your phone uses the old baseband, you can flash the following zip after flashing the nightly to get everything working again. NOTE: you will need to reflash this zip every time you upgrade to the latest nightly!!

Old Baseband Fix - Flashable ZIP

NO-APN PROBLEMS?

If you get GSM but no data, and you cannot save any APN settings, it means you have what I'm calling a 'funny SIM'. Certain mobile operators use SIMs which include an extra data storage area to be used for things like GSM Banking etc. CyanogenMod currently does not fully support these SIMs on the new baseband.

APN / FUNNY SIM FIX - Flashable ZIP (Includes the files above, you only need to flash this one)

Please thank werewolfo for generously donating an Italian funny SIM for me to test with!.

Shout outs go to:
    andy572, _Arjen_, Bytecode, franciscofranco, fserve, lupohirp, mik_os,
    and anyone else who may have left useful advice on these forums!

Flash responsibly.

P.S. Special thanks to: everyone who donated to get this project going. Much appreciated!
    as of today official support for these roms have ended.
    Which ROM is the best?
    You shouldn't be using these roms anymore. please see the CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies thread (link above)
    as of today official support for these roms have ended.
    BOOM!!!!!!

http://get.cm/?device=p500

this is for NEW BASEBAND ONLY
    this comes with a BRAND NEW KERNEL FROM NEW SOURCES

PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE KERNEL OR YOUR PHONE WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY.

THERE ARE STILL BUGS, BUT IT IS A MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT OVER ANYTHING YOU HAVE SEEN BEFORE