[ROM] [11.0.0] ArrowOS POCO F1 [NIGHTLIES] [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Vinnom

Jun 21, 2012
Campinas
Xiaomi Poco F1
Lol because chinausers need this, if you don't need something, it doesn't mean that others don't use it.
If you are paranoid about Chinese software, why did you buy a Chinese phone?
hey man, my point on "sounds like bloat" isn't the same of "it is bloat". Anyway it's not like I wanna prove I'm right and you're wrong. You're the maintainer and you decide what'll be on ROM or not. In my pov, this would be a thing which could be added via a magisk module if someone need it, like other framework/hal modules do. Not because paranoia or whatsoever, just to keep things "simple, clean and neat". Again, not my decision. Sorry to bother.
Peace

kmykoh

• Mar 31, 2017
    shanghai
    kmykoh97.github.io
    hey man, my point on "sounds like bloat" isn't the same of "it is bloat". Anyway it's not like I wanna prove I'm right and you're wrong. You're the maintainer and you decide what'll be on ROM or not. In my pov, this would be a thing which could be added via a magisk module if someone need it, like other framework/hal modules do. Not because paranoia or whatsoever, just to keep things "simple, clean and neat". Again, not my decision. Sorry to bother.
    Peace
    Other roms has it too. But we cant say they aren't "simple, clean and neat", do we? Furthermore, you pointed out that users can use magisk module but if you think logically, that aren't possible because google is not a magisk supporter. So you cannot expect google to not include it inside source and ask users to install from magisk. There is no way they would ask users to install from unsupported platform, they hate magisk afterall! This sounds similar to Apple asking their users to jailbreak and download something from play store because their app store doesnt have this app. Do i make sense?

V7BHl1fBkTVNzPR9E13I

Dec 9, 2018
    Xiaomi Poco F1
    Other roms has it too. But we cant say they aren't "simple, clean and neat", do we? Furthermore, you pointed out that users can use magisk module but if you think logically, that aren't possible because google is not a magisk supporter. So you cannot expect google to not include it inside source and ask users to install from magisk. There is no way they would ask users to install from unsupported platform, they hate magisk afterall! This sounds similar to Apple asking their users to jailbreak and download something from play store because their app store doesnt have this app. Do i make sense?
    Soter is not part of google or android though.
    Also, you wouldn't need magisk - you can just flash a zip with soter inside (just like you flash zip with GAPPS inside)

Reactions: Vinnom

kmykoh

• Mar 31, 2017
    shanghai
    kmykoh97.github.io
    Soter is not part of google or android though.
    Also, you wouldn't need magisk - you can just flash a zip with soter inside (just like you flash zip with GAPPS inside)
    It is in AOSP source. Here is an official debut explanation of it:
    So, basically, no soter == no qualcomm. It is available in google or other oem devices and they don't have custom recovery, therefore cannot flash unknown 3rd party zip. In conclusion, it must come with rom. Hope it clarifies

njg

Sep 28, 2006
    Hi Folks,

I moved to this ROM the other week as my first Android 11 experience and so far it has been very stable so thank you for all your hard work.

I have a very basic and simple question. I usually do not set a default web browser as I use different browsers for different types of sites. Might be a cumbersome way of working but it is how I've done it so far. On previous ROMs I was able to clear defaults and just never select a default. When I try to do that here I have to select a browser. What am I missing? Is this a 'feature' of 11?

Ajudia

Oct 13, 2017
    Can we get volume rocker button for call receiver feature and auto call recorder in vanila build?

I came across some bugs:
    Sometimes power button non working in incremental update, reboot solves this.
    Blank contacts created automatic.
    Second sim SMS not working, can we get change SMS service center in settings?
    Jio volte only works after reboot sometimes.

ROM is very good,
    Mention which incremental update is advised

miksontije

Feb 17, 2011
    Can we get volume rocker button for call receiver feature and auto call recorder in vanila build?

I came across some bugs:
    Sometimes power button non working in incremental update, reboot solves this.
    Blank contacts created automatic.
    Second sim SMS not working, can we get change SMS service center in settings?
    Jio volte only works after reboot sometimes.

ROM is very good,
    Mention which incremental update is advised
    Save log and write bug on this link so developers can fix.

Reactions: Ajudia

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Update 2021-05-27
      Device changelog:
      - Switch pixel libperfmgr power HAL
      - Sepolicy: Fixes and address denials
      - Build disabled VBMeta image
      - Switch to brightness float values
      - Misc fixes and upstream changes.

Kernel:
      - Merge last linux version tag
      - Merge CAF tag msm-4.9 LA.UM.9.3.r1-01700-sdm845.0 and wlan LA.UM.8.3.c25-01900-sdm845.0
      - Misc fixes and upstream changes.

Source Changelog: https://arrowos.net/changelog.php

Download: https://downloads.arrowos.net/beryllium
      Where is the setting to hide notch ? Cant seem to find it.
      Settings - System - Developer options - Display cutout
      logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
      ArrowOS is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
      Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
      Code Review: review.arrowos.net
      E-mail: arrowos.contact
      PayPal: Donate to us
      Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
      Click here to Download

Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.
      Read our blog article/post about:
      * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
      * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
      Kernel Source: source

XDA:DevDB Information
      ArrowOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
      ganesh varma, kubersharma, palaych
      Source Code: https://github.com/ArrowOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: Latest Q firmware
      Based On: AOSP, CAF

Version Information
      Current Beta Version: 2.0
      Beta Release Date: 2020-09-20

Created 2020-09-20
      Last Updated 2020-10-22
      Update 2021-01-14

!!!WARNING!!!
      REQUEST ONLY CLEAN FLASH

Device Changelog:
      • - Switch FBE and drop FDE (enable force encryption)
      • - Update display, graphics, wfd and media blobs to R
      • - Update display/audio/media hals to CAF sdm710 R tag
      • - Fixed WFD
      • - Fixed "Ok, Google" with screen off
      • - Switch to aidl Light HAL and update values
      • - Fixed color display problems in some apps
      • - Many fixes and upstream changes.

Source Changelog: https://arrowos.net/changelog.php

Note:
      • - Don`t flash on previous build dirty, will bootloop and drop data.
      • - Use last official twrp or another with support FBE

Download: https://downloads.arrowos.net/beryllium
      Nightly stopped on 1-2 week (device tree's WIP)!
      Next build will have force encryption, clean flash request!
      Really like this rom, super smooth and stable. I found 2 issues however:

- When browsing the web, sometimes the color scheme changes and colors become very distorted (black becomes cyan). It seems to happen when certain pictures are in view, when I scroll further the colors return to normal.
      - Google Camera keeps crashing, flashing ANXCamera (MIUI Camera) results in the phone not booting past the splash screen. AOSP camera works fine but has limited features.

Anyone else experience these issues?