• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [11.0.0] ArrowOS POCO F1 [WEEKLY] [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Finally! I think it was the firmware thing. Thanks a lot for your help! I tried using MIUI but I can't stand factory ROMs, especially MIUI, because it's full of things and notifications of everything, everywhere. I've been using custom ROMs since my first phone 10 years ago. I'll get the kernel recommendation from your guide too.

View attachment 5439781
Stock kernel of ArrowOS should be fine. If you don't have any specific issue with it do not change kernel.

Reactions: mantlabs

luizzeross

Feb 24, 2011
Well, i tried enabling the face unlock feature, but for some reason it's using the back camera, not the front camera. Has anyone been through this issue already?

JD. A

Sep 9, 2013
Well, i tried enabling the face unlock feature, but for some reason it's using the back camera, not the front camera. Has anyone been through this issue already?
You're using something like pixel props. Either remove the magisk module, reset your build.prop or clean flash. This is not the roms fault this is cause you flashed/installed some mods.

Reactions: luizzeross

SamSamSam1029

Jun 12, 2018
Avast is flagging "SIM Toolkit" process as malware. I double checked that the installation was clean before posting to ensure that it wasn't left over from another ROM or application.

Is this a false positive?

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Avast is flagging "SIM Toolkit" process as malware. I double checked that the installation was clean before posting to ensure that it wasn't left over from another ROM or application.

The silence is deafening.

Dead ROM?

Nefarious Developers putting malware in their ROMs?

Anyone?
First of all don't trust Avast or any "anti virus" for Android.
The ROM is open source, popular and I am pretty sure it's clean.
Devs seems a bit disappeared from xda F1 community tho. Maybe they are busy, I don't know. I have also sent to @palaych in pm and in post long ago about status bar icons issue but none replied.
Try to tag them.

Last edited:
Reactions: a9k1t and mantlabs

SamSamSam1029

Jun 12, 2018
Devs seems a bit disappeared from xda F1 community tho. Maybe they are busy, I don't know. I have also sent to palaych in pm and in post long ago about status bar icons issue but none replied.
Try to tag them.
I don't completely trust Avast, that's why I posted on here asking for people's opinions.

If a ROM is "Open Source" but no one is looking at it, does that really mean anything?

I went back to stock. If the developers aren't active on XDA, and not many people on XDA are using it, there is no point in me using it either.

It's sad to go through the trouble of unlocking the phone too go back to stock 😂. I tried Lineage OS but couldn't get Google Play and Netflix to play nice even when using Magisk and Props. Tried Pixel experience and it was good but battery life suffered, most likely from all the Google stuff baked into it (like 1+ hours SOT less than stock ROM) , this ROM had the false positive which spooked me but the lack of activity on XDA by users and the Developers sealed the deal.

Thank you very much for replying to my post. Happy New Year to everyone.

Reactions: haldaios

a9k1t

Jan 3, 2018
I don't completely trust Avast, that's why I posted on here asking for people's opinions.
Avast owns AVG and CCleaner. Norton owns Avira. Norton and Avast announced they are merging. Finally, all of these products which were once great but then became garbage are now a single organization. Big pile of multi-billion dollars junk.

Bitdefender and Kaspersky are good. But none can save anybody with 100% guarantee.

SamSamSam1029

Jun 12, 2018
Avast owns AVG and CCleaner. Norton owns Avira. Norton and Avast announced they are merging. Finally, all of these products which were once great but then became garbage are now a single organization. Big pile of multi-billion dollars junk.

Bitdefender and Kaspersky are good. But none can save anybody with 100% guarantee.
That's great info. Does this mean that you think the file in the ROM is malware or a false positive?

a9k1t

Jan 3, 2018
That's great info. Does this mean that you think the file in the ROM is malware or a false positive?
Honesty, I don't know. You might want to find a way to cross check. Maybe check that file on virustotal (if possible) and provide screenshots.
You should dig deeper because I do not trust any other custom ROM device maintainer (i got no reason to trust anybody i do not know). It's not a difficult thing to stick malicious code in custom ROMs (only devs can educate us on this).

SamSamSam1029

Jun 12, 2018
Honesty, I don't know. You might want to find a way to cross check. Maybe check that file on virustotal (if possible) and provide screenshots.
You should dig deeper because I do not trust any other custom ROM device maintainer (i got no reason to trust anybody i do not know). It's not a difficult thing to stick malicious code in custom ROMs (only devs can educate us on this).
The fact that no developer or senior member is responding to the post is really scary. I'm not sure how to go about finding the right file to scan. I just hope that is it's malware, no one uses the ROM and that the devs get outed as criminals. If it's a false positive, then no harm no foul. Not enough info right now to know which one it is.

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
The fact that no developer or senior member is responding to the post is really scary. I'm not sure how to go about finding the right file to scan. I just hope that is it's malware, no one uses the ROM and that the devs get outed as criminals. If it's a false positive, then no harm no foul. Not enough info right now to know which one it is.
Hello,

The developers are kinda inactive on this device thread but active on other devices ArrowOS threads.
You need to calm down mate, nobody is criminal and I am 99.999% sure the ROM is clean.

ROM Source is Open Source and you can find it here. The ROM is popular, you can check the stats here and if it was something shady obviously other developers would have already mentioned it. My brother use the ArrowOS on his Xiaomi Mi A2 and it's fine.

I don't know why use these "anti-virus" apps in your device since it's pretty useless on Android and even more why you get as defacto what Avast which is closed source, known to be shady and even act as spyware/malware itself, says. If you have any other serious evidence beside these antivirus Avast apps, please provide it.

(Btw what ROM you use now? Avast scare you and in other ROMs or just ArrowOS?)

@palaych @kubersharma or @ganesh varma If you can please to react on this matter to close it.

SamSamSam1029

Jun 12, 2018
Hello,

The developers are kinda inactive on this device thread but active on other devices ArrowOS threads.
You need to calm down mate, nobody is criminal and I am 99.999% sure the ROM is clean.

ROM Source is Open Source and you can find it here. The ROM is popular, you can check the stats here and if it was something shady obviously other developers would have already mentioned it. My brother use the ArrowOS on his Xiaomi Mi A2 and it's fine.

I don't know why use these "anti-virus" apps in your device since it's pretty useless on Android and even more why you get as defacto what Avast which is closed source, known to be shady and even act as spyware/malware itself, says. If you have any other serious evidence beside these antivirus Avast apps, please provide it.

@palaych @kubersharma or @ganesh varma If you can please to react on this matter to close i

Hello,

@palaych @kubersharma or @ganesh varma If you can please to react on this matter to close it.
I went back to stock. I tried the three most popular ROMs. Pixel Experience was good but had 1 hour lower SOT than stock. Lineage, I couldn't get GApps or Netflix to work well even with Magisk and changing props. This ROM was good but gave me that Avast thing, so I got spooked. Avast didn't flag any files on the other ROMs, even after scanning several times. I don't know enough to get any additional proof. That's why I was trying to ask for help on here.

kubersharma

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
New Delhi , India

That is a false report, they might have various checks with certain permissions which may apply to 3rd party apps not the core system apps as these system apps need such permissions to function properly.

You can see STK (SimToolKit) app source here:
and as you can see it doesn't have arrow-11.0, arrow-12.0 branches since we are using them directly from Google's AOSP git (https://android.googlesource.com/platform/packages/apps/Stk/+/refs/tags/android-11.0.0_r48). If you think certain "Anti-Virus" is leading to such reports you can take these discussions with AOSP/Google team.

If you want my personal opinion, Anti-virus programs are partially true they follow their algorithms and programming to detect and suggest certain violations and check that as per them they think everything as certain/potential malware/virus. You need to decide at the end.

Thanks for tagging me @Retrial, since I am not notified about the discussions that are happening here, I had to reply this late.
On our Telegram chat group, such queries were answered multiple times.

Reactions: JD. A and Retrial

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
That is a false report, they might have various checks with certain permissions which may apply to 3rd party apps not the core system apps as these system apps need such permissions to function properly.

and as you can see it doesn't have arrow-11.0, arrow-12.0 branches since we are using them directly from Google's AOSP git (https://android.googlesource.com/platform/packages/apps/Stk/+/refs/tags/android-11.0.0_r48). If you think certain "Anti-Virus" is leading to such reports you can take these discussions with AOSP/Google team.

If you want my personal opinion, Anti-virus programs are partially true they follow their algorithms and programming to detect and suggest certain violations and check that as per them they think everything as certain/potential malware/virus. You need to decide at the end.

Thanks for tagging me @Retrial, since I am not notified about the discussions that are happening here, I had to reply this late.
Thanks for clarification, now our friend can sleep peacefully at night :p

@kubersharma if you can also take a look at the issue with which I reported long ago, about status bars icons which needs a better calibration/panding for our device. Recently I have also sent pm to paylach to remind him about it but he didn't replied.

I don't know if you still working on A11 or your focus is now on A12 but If you can take a look on this in whatever version you working on. Since we have a notch and make things more hard, it would be really useful to have as much more as icons we can.

Reactions: mantlabs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

The silence is deafening.

Dead ROM?

Nefarious Developers putting malware in their ROMs?

Anyone?
    Devs seems a bit disappeared from xda F1 community tho. Maybe they are busy, I don't know. I have also sent to @palaych in pm and in post long ago about status bar icons issue but none replied.
    Try to tag them.

Devs seems a bit disappeared from xda F1 community tho. Maybe they are busy, I don't know. I have also sent to palaych in pm and in post long ago about status bar icons issue but none replied.
    Try to tag them.

If a ROM is "Open Source" but no one is looking at it, does that really mean anything?

I went back to stock. If the developers aren't active on XDA, and not many people on XDA are using it, there is no point in me using it either.

It's sad to go through the trouble of unlocking the phone too go back to stock 😂. I tried Lineage OS but couldn't get Google Play and Netflix to play nice even when using Magisk and Props. Tried Pixel experience and it was good but battery life suffered, most likely from all the Google stuff baked into it (like 1+ hours SOT less than stock ROM) , this ROM had the false positive which spooked me but the lack of activity on XDA by users and the Developers sealed the deal.

Thank you very much for replying to my post. Happy New Year to everyone.
    Reignz left havoc for poco but is still very much active on tg on proton and awaken. Havoc is still being built by HavocCI and is supposed to get updated for about six months or so.
    What does the have to do with Arrow OS? I'm not understanding your post.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download

Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.
    Read our blog article/post about:
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: source

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArrowOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco F1

Contributors
    ganesh varma, kubersharma, palaych
    Source Code: https://github.com/ArrowOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Q firmware
    Based On: AOSP, CAF

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 2.0
    Beta Release Date: 2020-09-20

Created 2020-09-20
    Last Updated 2020-10-22
    Update 2021-01-14

!!!WARNING!!!
    REQUEST ONLY CLEAN FLASH

Device Changelog:
    • - Switch FBE and drop FDE (enable force encryption)
    • - Update display, graphics, wfd and media blobs to R
    • - Update display/audio/media hals to CAF sdm710 R tag
    • - Fixed WFD
    • - Fixed "Ok, Google" with screen off
    • - Switch to aidl Light HAL and update values
    • - Fixed color display problems in some apps
    • - Many fixes and upstream changes.

Source Changelog: https://arrowos.net/changelog.php

Note:
    • - Don`t flash on previous build dirty, will bootloop and drop data.
    • - Use last official twrp or another with support FBE

Download: https://downloads.arrowos.net/beryllium
    Nightly stopped on 1-2 week (device tree's WIP)!
    Next build will have force encryption, clean flash request!
    Really like this rom, super smooth and stable. I found 2 issues however:

- When browsing the web, sometimes the color scheme changes and colors become very distorted (black becomes cyan). It seems to happen when certain pictures are in view, when I scroll further the colors return to normal.
    - Google Camera keeps crashing, flashing ANXCamera (MIUI Camera) results in the phone not booting past the splash screen. AOSP camera works fine but has limited features.

Anyone else experience these issues?