• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] [11.0.0] ArrowOS POCO X3 [OFFICIAL][SURYA][UNIFIED]

Search This thread

Revontheus

Aug 1, 2013
cycling/studying or asleep
Hi, I'm on May 14th build, post-oss

How do I get the latest update (or at least 6/7 since the latest build has a problem with encryption)??

1) Download the Rom
2) Install the latest TWRP by Brigudav
3) Flash the ROM via TWRP??

Do I need to wipe data/format? or this step is correct? Do OTA works? Any other method that is better?

Sorry I'm kinda new to this
Read the OP on the first page. It contains instructions for updating. DO NOT FORGET TO FORMAT /data.

Master One

Jan 31, 2011
Europe
Take a look at
Swift Backup has been recommended to me as well, but it relies on Google Services and therefor is a clear no-go if not having the intention to use a Google account and hand over all your data to Google!

I'm using ArrowOS VANILLA for specific reasons, and a proper backup method to restore settings and apps after a clean flash has always been an issue.

Since a backup of the /data partition simply does not work for a clean flash (especially when coming from the MIUI vendor), only Migrate and OAndBackupX come to mind, but I have no experience with restoration yet.

If anyone has a better solution (and no, I don't have access to Titanium Backup Pro and I don't want to use it because it seems abandoned), please tell, because reinstalling and configuring six (!) POCO X3 NFC can be extremely cumbersome, as it is in my case.

Reactions: Lorog

ghostsider007

Jun 11, 2021
I had installed arrow os but then through an update (after which everything was encrypted) I made everything clean.
Now my question when I rebuild arrow OS did I need Xiaomi firmware updater or something else before? Because I often had the problem that system UI crashed.
If i use twrp to backup my data i can restore without problems?

imanonline

Mar 12, 2011
Hello there , i change my system language to [English XA] (system suggested ) and after that i rebooted my phone stuck in arrow logo :( and not started , is there any way i change language back to en-us or reset language through twrp? i don't want loose my data through format data or factory reset.

coxackie

Feb 10, 2019
Moto G6
Moto G7
Swift Backup has been recommended to me as well, but it relies on Google Services and therefor is a clear no-go if not having the intention to use a Google account and hand over all your data to Google!

I'm using ArrowOS VANILLA for specific reasons, and a proper backup method to restore settings and apps after a clean flash has always been an issue.

Since a backup of the /data partition simply does not work for a clean flash (especially when coming from the MIUI vendor), only Migrate and OAndBackupX come to mind, but I have no experience with restoration yet.

If anyone has a better solution (and no, I don't have access to Titanium Backup Pro and I don't want to use it because it seems abandoned), please tell, because reinstalling and configuring six (!) POCO X3 NFC can be extremely cumbersome, as it is in my case.
Migrate has worked well for me. It needs helper to restore - you can either do from twrp or, if this fails, using the flasher.

lampacz

Feb 27, 2008
Unable to get last version, over updater or download manually from website

Attachments

• 2021-06-14-105208_854x310_scrot.png
    2021-06-14-105208_854x310_scrot.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 34

giacomogio

Mar 14, 2015
Thank you for this fantastic ROM, it's like getting a brand new phone that works exactly as I intended.

I was using the latest MIUI (EU) and, especially after the latest update, I was having a lot of problems with the fingerprint reader, with Android Auto, and with notifications getting out of control.

ArrowOS solved all the phone issues, providing improved battery time and great stability.

I run into a few issues during a fresh install, probably because of encryption. This is what ended up working for me:

1. I unlocked the phone
  2. I installed the latest version of the suggested TWRP
  3. I copied the latest GLOBAL firmware (instead of EUROPE) and the latest version of the ROM (20210611) to an exfat formatted SD card
  4. I booted into TWRP (volume up and powen on)
  5. I wiped data, cache, dalvik and internal memory
  6. I installed the GLOBAL firmware from the SD card
  7. I installed ArrowOS from the SD card
  8. I formatted the data partition from the first TWRP wipe submenu
  9. I reinstalled ArrowOS from the SD card
  10. I reboted the phone and set it up
Not following this procedure resulted in issues with face unlock and freshly installed apps would not load.

Hope this helps, good luck! Support this ROM with donations!

ganesh varma

Ganesh, since you're here, any information on the TWRP encryption issue after the June 9 build?
I'm yet in the process of figuring it out. I'm completely caught off-guard by this weird issue all of a sudden as there has been literally no changes been made to the device sources nor the rom source so at this point i'm not sure what's even causing it. I've also decompiled the twrp and went through its contents but everything looks fine and dandy in there.

For now i would suggest to make use of Arrow recovery to meet the needs of OTA updates etc.

f431e

May 12, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I'm yet in the process of figuring it out. I'm completely caught off-guard by this weird issue all of a sudden as there has been literally no changes been made to the device sources nor the rom source so at this point i'm not sure what's even causing it. I've also decompiled the twrp and went through its contents but everything is fine and dandy in there.
Interesting, I'll try a clean flash of TWRP, ROM, and Gapps tonight and see what happens. Is the June 11th build the latest or will a newer build be available soon?

Diverse, gentlemen and ladies! I hope you don't mind if I addressed you in alphabetical order as governed in my countriy.

I've cleaned this thread as far as I wanted to go back during times I don't want to do ... (please fell int) while I appreciate to watch the UEFA European Chanpionships.

I've clean this this thread for a few days back. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I didn't proceed to earlier posts. I'm surprised that quite a few of XDA members that are recognised and know our XDA rules certainly well had the feeling to either references social media where it's certainly not due or to provide political statements. Especially, regardin politics I've personally certainly my own stance. Please keep your stance within your election fights in your country and don't bother the XDA community.
I also suggest to urgently review our policy who has the privilege to provide links to locial media - and who hasn't!
Don't hesitate to contact me in case of any question! And to those, whose ports I've deleted or edited, please refrain from future violations of the rules but as said just shoot my a PM.
I'm monitoring this thread now. If I recognise any further rule violationI reserve the right to directly infract any involved account. I assume those members, whose posts I'e deleted or edited, are aware. Please contact me in case of any questions.

AND FINALLY: Please continue to contribute to the development thread in accorsance wirh our rules (now in my words:
If you have bugs, report them to the dev with logs etc. and contribute to make the rom bug-free.
If you don't want to contribute, use it as it is and say at least thanks to the dev who provided his work freely here on XDA and if he decides to stop the project, just accept it:)

The dev owes you absolutely nothing and you're not his customer cause you did not pay him. Feel free to develop your own rom if you wish.)

Stay safe and stay healthy!
Regards
Oswald Boelcke

Reactions: SkaboXD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FYI

ArrowOS for Poco X3 it's not dead!

In ArrowOS for RN10Pro forum OP said that pause is because ArrowOS infrastructure is in their focus. So other devices are also affected, We will wait, but when we finally get the new ArrowOS update, it will be much better compared to previous one. Just be patient.
    I'm on 26th may 2021 build, everything is fine at my end except for navigation. Anyways, which camera are you using tho?
    ANX Camera from here:

Use need Magisk to use. Flash ANX 1.5, restart, flash ANX 2.4, restart and enjoy.

And I also like Aspen GCam based on 8.1. You can find it here:

Create a folder called ConfigsSettings8 on your phones memory and paste aspen20210705.xml there. Install Aspen camera and start it. Double click on the black area on the button on the screen, select aspen20210705.xml and save. Camera will restart and everything works. Picture quality is perfect. The only downside is that ultra wide doesn't work
    Yes, the update is up and downloadable on arrowos site but not yet available through OTA.
    edit: OTA is now available
    edit 2: Update flashed through ota without any issue. Arrow is back in the game. Kudos to the devs!
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    POCO X3 (NFC) (surya/karna)

Note: These are enforcing builds. Safety net checks pass out of the box! No need to flash magisk modules, which might in turn break the integrity!

Builds have been unified now under surya codename for both NFC and non-NFC variants

Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Latest Instructions for OSS builds (w.e.f 10/05/2021)
    If migrating from pre OSS builds
    • Flash the latest available MIUI 11 firmware. (Flash global or any if you can't find your region)
    • Download and copy arrow build to a OTG prendrive or sd card.
    • Now flash Arrow Vanilla/Gapps build.
    • FORMAT DATA. (You'll loose all your data!)
    • Reboot.
    Fresh install coming from MIUI
    • Flash latest available MIUI 11 if you aren't on it already.
    • Install any suitable recovery (mentioned below).
    • Download and copy arrow build to a OTG prendrive or sd card.
    • Flash latest Arrow Vanilla/Gapps build.
    • Reboot.
    TWRP Recovery by @brigudav :
    Note: This build of twrp will support decryption on ArrowOS OSS builds.

ArrowOS Recovery :
    Note: This is a very basic aosp recovery only intended for OTA installs. Do NOT expect other functionalities.​
    * Do not use with DFE or while unencrypted.​
    F.A.Q :

1. My WiFi, bluetooth and network aren't working after updating to OSS build?
    A. This happens if you're still on the old Q firmware. Flash the latest available R firmware and then follow the above give steps to properly flash the rom.​

2. Unable to update OTA's using TWRP?
    A. The current available recoveries are outdated and are no longer supported for OSS builds. To have a hassle free OTA experience use the above mentioned ArrowOS recovery.
    A. Two of the currently supported recoveries are mentioned above.​

Read our blog article/post about:
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_surya

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArrowOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Contributors
    ganesh varma, kubersharma, palaych
    Source Code: https://github.com/ArrowOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest R firmware
    Based On: AOSP, CAF

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-19

Created 2020-11-19
    Last Updated 2021-05-18
    So i haven't been around here for a while, after looking at the recent posts many seem to be confused, blaming and do not understand on migrating to OSS builds. In the final MIUI vendor builds the OTA functionality was blocked in order to prevent users from directly updating to OSS builds as it will be needing a MIUI 11 firmware followed by a clean flash. The same has been notified in our device changelogs. Every step and preventive measures have been taken, there's only much i can do from my side in clearing things up. We have this forum and community in place to help each other out, so lets not be pointing fingers here!

Here again i would like to make it clear with a simple guide on how to migrate onto OSS build!

Note: This update will require a CLEAN FLASH (format data), so please backup everything beforehand.
    • Flash the latest available MIUI 11 firmware. (Region doesn't matter!!)
    • Now flash Arrow Vanilla/Gapps build.
    • Reboot.
    Beware that the current available recoveries haven't been updated yet to support decryption for OSS builds at this point.
    Here are the instructions on how you should flash the new OSS Vendor ROM since most people here are confused:

- Flash latest TWRP by brigudav
    - Flash Android 11 12.0.7 MIUI firmware
    - Reboot recovery
    - Format Data
    - Reboot recovery
    - Flash ArrowOS

OPTIONAL:
    - Flash Magisk
    - Flash Gapps (If you're on Vanilla build & If you want custom gapps)

- Reboot system

Download link:
    - Firmware: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/surya/stable/V12.0.7.0.RJGEUXM/
    - TWRP: You can find it on 4pda but you need an account. I'm not allowed to share it, so you have to get it yourself.

This firmware is for NFC model as I'm not sure where is A11 firmware for non-NFC model. It can possibly work for non-NFC model, feel free to try.
    Mission Impossible in all custom ROMs !

1. Safetynet check the bootloader status and will automatically fail if magisk is not installed (Magisk Hide ON must be applied for this) !

2. Furthermore, now you have to install the safetynet-fix module to make your banking apps working !

3. Finally, you must hide Magisk Manager.apk with a random name too (Magisk Settings)
    To everyone, please STOP this misconception about having the need to flash magisk in order to pass safety net. Do read the OP I've clearly mentioned there's no need of a magisk or modules for safety net. Device is certified and passes safety net out of the box without need of any modifications.

By improper usage of magisk and mods you're further complicating and breaking things when they're completely unnecessary which end up causing unrelated issues which you end up calling them rom source bugs ¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

P.S : I'm not against magisk, but when you do prefer using modifications do ask yourself on your needs and if you're able to rectify the issues it might generate. Isolate yourself from magisk or any form of modifications to recheck and confirm the issue before making a bug report.
    Even dev says in dec the 3rd changelog that notification led was implemented, it still doesn't work for me :(
    I'm aware of the notification led issue, its interlinked to an sepolicy denial from vendor which is quite tricky to address it while we're using the prebuilt/stock vendor. For now you can assume it as a trade off for enforcing builds. I'm working on a fix, once we start a full transition towards an OSS vendor these issues will be more convenient to be addressed.