• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] [11.0.0] ArrowOS POCO X3 [OFFICIAL][SURYA][UNIFIED]

Search This thread

mcsmart

Aug 8, 2011
I have upgraded from 20201227 to 20210122 build (gapps build) and I am having roaming issues with WiFi.

I have multiple access points in my house and the phone is stuck on APs with a very low signal level, although APs with much better signal are nearby. It looks like the roaming behavior was changed, which is not so cool for people with multiple APs. Anyone else observing this?

Oh, and 5 GHz WiFi never connects for me in current build. Very strange.

ralfhein

May 14, 2019
I added "ro.config.media_vol_steps=20" in build.prop via https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...released-fully-featured-file-manager.1523691/ - works fine in my rooted X3. Has to be repeated after update of course.
Interesting, I only have a default.prop file but no build.prop file in /system_root when mounted via OrangeFox.

Edit:
Found my mistake now. When mounting system in OrangeFox, it is mounted under /system_root/ (and in there is also a default.prop file). But this is of course not the right file, the one to edit is /system_root/system/build.prop - this makes sense, I only confused "mount system" in OrangeFox to mean "mount /system" while it of course means "mount the whole android system".

So, steps to do this (on non-rooted phone) are:
1. Mount "system" in OrangeFox
2. adb pull /system_root/system/build.prop
3. Edit build.prop and set desired values
4. adb push build.prop /system_root/system/
5. Reboot & enjoy the new volume steps

I guess there must be some way to automate this via Script for every update, we will see. Thanks @miuirred for your help in figuring this out!

Last edited:
Reactions: pnin

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
Resolved - I figured out how to use Powershell o_O

I'm confused as to how to get the recovery installed for this rom.
It was recommended in a couple forums to use the following recovery version for Arrowos : OrangeFox-R11-Unofficial-Beta-surya-10-01.zip.
I downloaded it, but its a zip file. I extracted the recovery.img from it and flashed it with fastboot. It seemed to flash OK, but then I wasn't able to fastboot boot, as it did not recognize recovery.img, or anything else I typed in the fastboot boot command. I found a command somewhere, fastboot reboot, and this rebooted the phone, but vol+ and power booted into the MIUI recovery. I think that means that the recovery was overwritten.
I'm confused here. How do I flash and boot OrangeFox-R11-Unofficial-Beta-surya-10-01.zip?
Thanks

Last edited:

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
Resolved ... flashed as is.

I asked this question on the Orange Fox thread, but it might be more appropriate here, as I am going to flash Arrow momentarily. These two options are checked on the flash screen as options in Orange Fox.
Unmount system before installing a zip, Unmount vendor before installing a zip
Should these be checked prior to flashing, or left unchecked?

Last edited:

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Redmi Note 10 Pro
In the end, do you have any ideas about that weird issue i mentioned above your post?
On how to stop the permissions from resetting after a new dirty flash?
not really, but this weird situation with apps requesting again their permissions happened for me while testing backup/restore function in TWRP 3.5.0.0 after restoring data backup... restore went ok, but every app I tried open asked for permissions - all apps have been set up properly before backup, including permissions, so after this I stopped testing backup restore in TWRP...

OFOX is based on TWRP, so it's possible that that bug is still active even in latest OFOX, but don't ask me why it happened while dirty flashing...

my only suggestion for you about how to prevent this to happen in the future is to always flash full recovery version of latest global MIUI ROM, which will clean your super partition, and immediately after that flash your custom ROM... gapps... magisk...

i know - not much of a dirty flash that way, but IMHO even if OFOX is a lot more prepared for work with dynamic partitions than TWRP, it is still far from perfect...

I am doing a lot of backups in OFOX following restore these days, but all my apps are always properly restored along with permissions, so...

or you could consider following this guide in the future, that may prevent that weird behavior happened again if followed properly

Reactions: iakoboss7 and mwmh

Karanlik

Jan 11, 2009
Hi, I couldn't manage to record with "google recorder". It's transcribe feature is really useful for me but it doesn't work. When push the record button, nothing happens. I was using unoffical evo x (a11) and it worked fine.
I tried with different kernels and vendors combinations but no luck. any idea?

iakoboss7

not really, but this weird situation with apps requesting again their permissions happened for me while testing backup/restore function in TWRP 3.5.0.0 after restoring data backup... restore went ok, but every app I tried open asked for permissions - all apps have been set up properly before backup, including permissions, so after this I stopped testing backup restore in TWRP...

OFOX is based on TWRP, so it's possible that that bug is still active even in latest OFOX, but don't ask me why it happened while dirty flashing...

my only suggestion for you about how to prevent this to happen in the future is to always flash full recovery version of latest global MIUI ROM, which will clean your super partition, and immediately after that flash your custom ROM... gapps... magisk...

i know - not much of a dirty flash that way, but IMHO even if OFOX is a lot more prepared for work with dynamic partitions than TWRP, it is still far from perfect...

I am doing a lot of backups in OFOX following restore these days, but all my apps are always properly restored along with permissions, so...

or you could consider following this guide in the future, that may prevent that weird behavior happened again if followed properly
Thank you veeeery much for your answer.
Even though it didnt help with the issue it helped understand a few more things.

Basicly the issue is there cause of flamegapps, dev said so: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...r-android-9-0-10-0-11-0.4020917/post-84338123

As far as flashing the recovery image, i dont loose any data by doing that, right?

Reactions: jeryll

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Thank you veeeery much for your answer.
Even though it didnt help with the issue it helped understand a few more things.

Basicly the issue is there cause of flamegapps, dev said so: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...r-android-9-0-10-0-11-0.4020917/post-84338123

As far as flashing the recovery image, i dont loose any data by doing that, right?
AFAIK flashing recovery image of MIUI only affects super and firmware, boot, dtbo partition, but if your problem was caused by faulty gapps installation script that it will happen again every time you use that script (why are you using flamegapps anyway, opengapps are not cool anymore or what?)

Reactions: iakoboss7

iakoboss7

AFAIK flashing recovery image of MIUI only affects super and firmware, boot, dtbo partition, but if your problem was caused by faulty gapps installation script that it will happen again every time you use that script (why are you using flamegapps anyway, opengapps are not cool anymore or what?)
I was an opengapps user for like... Ever!
but i have been reading they are a bit more unprepared with android 11 than others, flamegapps seemed to be the most suggested one throughout forums & telegram.

laspa

Sep 21, 2018
Where are system update files downloaded? After downloading and restarting the system, twrp does not update the system, it wants to manually indicate the location of the zip file and update it in twrp.

4myra

Aug 11, 2010
Where are system update files downloaded? After downloading and restarting the system, twrp does not update the system, it wants to manually indicate the location of the zip file and update it in twrp.
I use orange fox beta and it will update, flash & reboot automatically. The update zip file is located in data/arrowos_updates

Reactions: laspa

iakoboss7

@ganesh varma thank you very much for this great rom!

Can you take a look please at one issue?
The device has an issue with "wide color gamut", basically whenever something is using it, it makes the screen yellow.

It is not only in Chrome (i know we have a fix for it) but everything that uses HDR (or basicly wide color gamut) triggers it also.

So HDR youtube videos, hdr supported games & some apps (chrome, slide for reddit etc), all have a yellow tint.

Not that important but IF you can also update adreno drivers to the latest that would be amazing!

Top Liked Posts

i just flashed arrow os on miui 12.5 and the phone is stuck on the arrow os logo, help plz
    does the bootloader unlocked?

wouldn't sure 12.5 worked since I'm from 12.0.1. If bootloader unlocked try reflash firmware via Mi Flash tool (need to download fastboot firmware).

Then if same problem try downgrade, 12.0.1 proven to work since I successfully flash on it. (Edit : 12.5.0.1 a guy successfully flashed it.)

This are only way I could think of to suggest. May god help you.

make sure TWRP 3.5.2_10-5 and format data after flashing ArrowOS.
    i just flashed arrow os on miui 12.5 and the phone is stuck on the arrow os logo, help plz
    You probably made a mistake flashing the ROM.

Enter recovery, flash ArrowOS, format DATA (it's where you have to type "yes"), restart.

Only format DATA after flashing the ROM. No other wipes are necessary before or after flashing the ROM.
    does the bootloader unlocked?

wouldn't sure 12.5 worked since I'm from 12.0.1. If bootloader unlocked try reflash firmware via Mi Flash tool (need to download fastboot firmware).

Then if same problem try downgrade, 12.0.1 proven to work since I successfully flash on it. (Edit : 12.5.0.1 a guy successfully flashed it.)

This are only way I could think of to suggest. May god help you.

make sure TWRP 3.5.2_10-5 and format data after flashing ArrowOS.
    yeah it did i just didnt properly format data, thanks for the help
    Guys i'm using 210605 version but if i use third party launcher, Navigation system breaks down. Is there any fix or new version have fixed?
    Always use latest build.
    Guys i'm using 210605 version but if i use third party launcher, Navigation system breaks down. Is there any fix or new version have fixed?
    You can use a custom launcher without problems. Simply don't disable/delete the default launcher.

I'm using Nova Launcher with 20210601 build and have zero problems
    FYI

ArrowOS for Poco X3 it's not dead!

Yes, the update is up and downloadable on arrowos site but not yet available through OTA.
    edit: OTA is now available
    edit 2: Update flashed through ota without any issue. Arrow is back in the game. Kudos to the devs!
    Hello so I recently flashed Arrowos only to realize that my previous MIUI 12.0.7 ROM was not in fact on the latest Android 11 firmware. Now I am stuck without Wifi and honestly am a bit lost. Asking for a friend here, what should my next steps be? Thanks in advance :')
    Flash latest 12.5.1.0 firmware, reboot to recovery, flash latest ArrowOS, format data, wipe cache & dalvik cache, reboot to system.

Firmware: https://chuangtzu.ftp.acc.umu.se/mi...AGlobal_V12.5.1.0.RJGMIXM_e3b8205e7f_11.0.zip
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    POCO X3 (NFC) (surya/karna)

Note: These are enforcing builds. Safety net checks pass out of the box! No need to flash magisk modules, which might in turn break the integrity!

Builds have been unified now under surya codename for both NFC and non-NFC variants

Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Latest Instructions for OSS builds (w.e.f 10/05/2021)
    If migrating from pre OSS builds
    • Flash the latest available MIUI 11 firmware. (Flash global or any if you can't find your region)
    • Download and copy arrow build to a OTG prendrive or sd card.
    • Now flash Arrow Vanilla/Gapps build.
    • FORMAT DATA. (You'll loose all your data!)
    • Reboot.
    Fresh install coming from MIUI
    • Flash latest available MIUI 11 if you aren't on it already.
    • Install any suitable recovery (mentioned below).
    • Download and copy arrow build to a OTG prendrive or sd card.
    • Flash latest Arrow Vanilla/Gapps build.
    • Reboot.
    TWRP Recovery by @brigudav :
    Note: This build of twrp will support decryption on ArrowOS OSS builds.

ArrowOS Recovery :
    Note: This is a very basic aosp recovery only intended for OTA installs. Do NOT expect other functionalities.​
    * Do not use with DFE or while unencrypted.​
    F.A.Q :

1. My WiFi, bluetooth and network aren't working after updating to OSS build?
    A. This happens if you're still on the old Q firmware. Flash the latest available R firmware and then follow the above give steps to properly flash the rom.​

2. Unable to update OTA's using TWRP?
    A. The current available recoveries are outdated and are no longer supported for OSS builds. To have a hassle free OTA experience use the above mentioned ArrowOS recovery.
    A. Two of the currently supported recoveries are mentioned above.​

Read our blog article/post about:
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_surya

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArrowOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Contributors
    ganesh varma, kubersharma, palaych
    Source Code: https://github.com/ArrowOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest R firmware
    Based On: AOSP, CAF

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-19

Created 2020-11-19
    Last Updated 2021-05-18
    So i haven't been around here for a while, after looking at the recent posts many seem to be confused, blaming and do not understand on migrating to OSS builds. In the final MIUI vendor builds the OTA functionality was blocked in order to prevent users from directly updating to OSS builds as it will be needing a MIUI 11 firmware followed by a clean flash. The same has been notified in our device changelogs. Every step and preventive measures have been taken, there's only much i can do from my side in clearing things up. We have this forum and community in place to help each other out, so lets not be pointing fingers here!

Here again i would like to make it clear with a simple guide on how to migrate onto OSS build!

Note: This update will require a CLEAN FLASH (format data), so please backup everything beforehand.
    • Flash the latest available MIUI 11 firmware. (Region doesn't matter!!)
    • Now flash Arrow Vanilla/Gapps build.
    • Reboot.
    Beware that the current available recoveries haven't been updated yet to support decryption for OSS builds at this point.
    Here are the instructions on how you should flash the new OSS Vendor ROM since most people here are confused:

- Flash latest TWRP by brigudav
    - Flash Android 11 12.0.7 MIUI firmware
    - Reboot recovery
    - Format Data
    - Reboot recovery
    - Flash ArrowOS

OPTIONAL:
    - Flash Magisk
    - Flash Gapps (If you're on Vanilla build & If you want custom gapps)

- Reboot system

Download link:
    - Firmware: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/surya/stable/V12.0.7.0.RJGEUXM/
    - TWRP: You can find it on 4pda but you need an account. I'm not allowed to share it, so you have to get it yourself.

This firmware is for NFC model as I'm not sure where is A11 firmware for non-NFC model. It can possibly work for non-NFC model, feel free to try.
    Mission Impossible in all custom ROMs !

1. Safetynet check the bootloader status and will automatically fail if magisk is not installed (Magisk Hide ON must be applied for this) !

2. Furthermore, now you have to install the safetynet-fix module to make your banking apps working !

3. Finally, you must hide Magisk Manager.apk with a random name too (Magisk Settings)
    To everyone, please STOP this misconception about having the need to flash magisk in order to pass safety net. Do read the OP I've clearly mentioned there's no need of a magisk or modules for safety net. Device is certified and passes safety net out of the box without need of any modifications.

By improper usage of magisk and mods you're further complicating and breaking things when they're completely unnecessary which end up causing unrelated issues which you end up calling them rom source bugs ¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

P.S : I'm not against magisk, but when you do prefer using modifications do ask yourself on your needs and if you're able to rectify the issues it might generate. Isolate yourself from magisk or any form of modifications to recheck and confirm the issue before making a bug report.
    Even dev says in dec the 3rd changelog that notification led was implemented, it still doesn't work for me :(
    I'm aware of the notification led issue, its interlinked to an sepolicy denial from vendor which is quite tricky to address it while we're using the prebuilt/stock vendor. For now you can assume it as a trade off for enforcing builds. I'm working on a fix, once we start a full transition towards an OSS vendor these issues will be more convenient to be addressed.