[ROM] [11.0.0] ArrowOS Redmi Note 4 [OFFICIAL][MIDO]

Search This thread

CrusadeC

Feb 1, 2020
Hi, I have been using ArrowOS for my Redmi Note 4X (mido) for quite some time and have been encountering boot-loop issues with ArrowOS for any version after Arrow-v11.0-mido-OFFICIAL-20210826-GAPPS (Current and latest functioning build). I have tried flashing the latest [11.0.0] and [12.0.0] ArrowOS for my device but to no avail, it will reboot a few seconds after post.

May I know what are the solutions that I can try in solving this boot-loop issue? I have attempted fresh install by formatting the data using twrp-3.6.0_9-0-mido before flashing the new build but still the problem remains. For additional reference, I have included a debug log together with this reply. Please do assist accordingly... Thanks.

Note: Debug.log is logged using "./adb logcat -v long [device-id] *:w*:S > D:\Debug.log" using platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows

Last edited:

jontvm

Sep 17, 2021
Hi, I have been using ArrowOS for my Redmi Note 4X (mido) for quite some time and have been encountering boot-loop issues with ArrowOS for any version after Arrow-v11.0-mido-OFFICIAL-20210826-GAPPS (Current and latest functioning build). I have tried flashing the latest [11.0.0] and [12.0.0] ArrowOS for my device but to no avail, it will reboot a few seconds after post.

May I know what are the solutions that I can try in solving this boot-loop issue? I have attempted fresh install by formatting the data using twrp-3.6.0_9-0-mido before flashing the new build but still the problem remains. For additional reference, I have included a debug log together with this reply. Please do assist accordingly... Thanks.

Note: Debug.log is logged using "./adb logcat -v long [device-id] *:w*:S > D:\Debug.log" using platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows
Hey try This

1. Flash Redmi Note 4 Stock Firmware. Make Sure u flash it in the Unlock mode. (complete the setup)
2. Flash Recovery TWRP 3.3.1 (im using it. i dont know if the change of version to latest makes any difference)
3. Wipe and Format.
4. Flash Arrow OS ( try Vanilla version, so that you can make sure gapps is not the problem)
5. Wipe Cacha and reboot.

Hope this will help

CrusadeC

Feb 1, 2020
Hey try This

1. Flash Redmi Note 4 Stock Firmware. Make Sure u flash it in the Unlock mode. (complete the setup)
2. Flash Recovery TWRP 3.3.1 (im using it. i dont know if the change of version to latest makes any difference)
3. Wipe and Format.
4. Flash Arrow OS ( try Vanilla version, so that you can make sure gapps is not the problem)
5. Wipe Cacha and reboot.

Hope this will help
Attempted. Sadly still goes into boot-loop after posting for a few seconds. Thanks for the help tho.

Last edited:

avathar

Dec 19, 2006
Krakow
Can someone tell me what camera app is used in this rom ? I unfortunatelly swapped to diffrent rom due to stability reasons, but camera app was better here....

QueryVillain

Oct 23, 2013
Riga
Anyone else experiencing issue when device can't be turned on unless battery connector is plugged out/in? Not sure if it is ROM issue, seems like some HW fault. Does not happen too often, on average maybe once a month so can live with it for now.

Hello everyone I ask you for help, with the latest versions of A11 and A12 the wifi no longer works, when I activate it it does not detect any network and sometimes the phone restarts.

I ran the clean flash by deleting DATA, system, vendor, dalvik and cache, internal storage, restarted in recovery with TWRP 3.6.0_9.

I am using the latest global firmware V11.0.2.0.NCFMIXM

I do not understand why the wifi does not work, a problem that only I have? is there a solution?

mydeardiary

Jan 25, 2017
It's been several months, running ArrowOS GApps 11.0 | OFFICIAL December build. So far so stable.

The only issue encountered is FM Radio not responding with earphone connected.

Will try updating with January build to see if the issue is fixed with latest build.

mydeardiary

Jan 25, 2017
Ok, it's been a while since last January update. The move to clang-14 for building the kernel is very appreciated.

So far so good, FM radio issue still there, but I can live without it.

Great job and waiting for the next monthly update for this awesome aosp-11 based ROM.

Thanks to all ArrowOS developers out there! Especially for the one(s) maintaining mido alive.

VaasuAnnan

Apr 21, 2022
Hello, I've been using this ROM for a while and everything works great except a minor issue on Hotstar.

For some reason, there's a minor stuttering during video playback on Hotstar. This seems to only occur while playing English Movies/Shows. I've tested it with Regional content, IPL/Sports Live Streaming etc and they all work fine. Is this a ROM specific issue?

broadways

Sep 19, 2012
Friends,

Which build uses 3.18 kernel and where to find old builds?

Can someone kindly share a good 3.18 build here because arrow has deleted all their old files.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download

Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.
    Read our blog article/post about:
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: source

XDA:DevDB Information
    ArrowOS, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    ganesh varma, kubersharma
    Source Code: https://github.com/ArrowOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest firmware
    Based On: AOSP, CAF

Version Information

Created 2020-10-26
    Last Updated 2020-10-26
    WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything (Wifi, RIL, data, fingerprint, camera, flash, VoLTE (tested on Jio4G), bluetooth, tethering etc)

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • SELinux is permissive
    • You tell me

Be sure to include a log : check how to
    Update 23-4-2021

arrow_infrastructure_devices: devices: Gimme some vayu to breathe, please.
    Update 27-3-2021

android_frameworks_opt_telephony: Enable vendor Telephony plugin: MSIM Changes

android_frameworks_opt_telephony: Enable vendor Telephony plugin

android_frameworks_opt_telephony: CDMA MO SMS follow on DC feature

android_frameworks_opt_telephony: Add support for retry with new DDS API and update QtiPhoneSwitcher

android_frameworks_opt_telephony: Fix to block sim selection popup for data

android_frameworks_opt_telephony: FR57912: Add support for pdp data reject with cause code 29,33,55

android_frameworks_opt_telephony: Fix imsi info error when insert some china operator card.

android_frameworks_opt_telephony: Define EF MSPL/MLPL/PRL values and paths

android_frameworks_opt_telephony: SimPhoneBook: Add ANR/EMAIL support for USIM phonebook.

android_frameworks_base: Use proper coded alphabet when a contact is written into EF_ADN of USIM.

android_vendor_arrow: arrow: themes: Squash import ColorBucket theme packages

android_frameworks_opt_telephony: Add support to extend methods from VendorPhoneSwitcher

android_frameworks_opt_telephony: Retry temp dds switch for UI setting

android_frameworks_opt_telephony: Telcel: Fix data call retry for apn change event

android_frameworks_opt_telephony: Phone exception Issue
    Quick question - This does not support long screenshots does it? What are you guys using? Longshot?
    No that cannot be done for the moment. Maybe I can suggest it to the dev

Update 12-02-2021

android_packages_apps_ThemePicker: Fix preview tile in grid option picker.

android_packages_apps_ThemePicker: Add an exported flag in manifest.

android_hardware_interfaces: wifi: Add provision to create/remove dynamic interface(s).

android_packages_apps_ThemePicker: ThemePicker: Make naming page look the same as the other ones

android_packages_apps_WallpaperPicker2: WallpaperPicker2: Increase height of bottom area

android_packages_apps_WallpaperPicker2: WallpaperPicker2: Match backgrounds to device theme

android_frameworks_base: SettingsProvider: Commonize toggle for double tap to wake/sleep

android_vendor_arrow: ArrowIcons: Use FMRadio icon for CAF fmapp2

android_frameworks_native: Add dalvik-heap device configs for 8/12/16 GiB devices

android_vendor_arrow: [fixup]prebuilt/common: remove duplicated protocol entry

android_vendor_arrow: prebuilt/common: remove read_only for China Unicom

android_vendor_arrow: prebuilt/common: fix incorrect APN configs of Vodafone AU

android_frameworks_base: AudioService: Remove Analog Dock from fixed-volume devices

android_frameworks_base: SystemUI: fix NPE on ExpandableNotificationRow