[ROM][11.0.0][Bonito/Sargo] Android Ice Cold Project 16.1 [Official]

Search This thread

MikeW14

Oct 19, 2014
hi. planning to update to the newest rom update this weekend. is there a new boot image available for this? as always, thanks so much for all your work on this great rom.

Siluxsept

Feb 17, 2013
Leipzig
Google Pixel 3a XL
coming soon... thanks to @CaptainThrowback and TWRP team

photo_2021-11-14_15-15-47.jpg

Reactions: Askael and ssurell

Siluxsept

Feb 17, 2013
Leipzig
Google Pixel 3a XL
First tests with TWRP successful, seems all is working.

How to get it running:

1. download boot_twrp.img here
2. enter bootloader and "fastboot flash boot boot_twrp.img"
3. directly start into recovery from bootloader menu
4. in TWRP go to settings, check "Unmount System before installing a ZIP" and "Automatically Reflash TWRP after flashing a ROM"
5. go to advanced, select "Flash Current TWRP". reboot to recovery after completion.
6. back in TWRP dirty flash this ROM over your current weekly. reboot to recovery again.
7. dirty flash your preferred GAPPs package. reboot to recovery.
8. flash Magisk and reboot into system

You should be all set, verify by rebooting into recovery from restart menu or adb. Enjoy TWRP! :)

Last edited:

MikeW14

Oct 19, 2014
holy crap. this is awesome news. work is crazy right now, but over thanksgiving break i plan to try twrp out. thanks so much.

Siluxsept

Feb 17, 2013
Leipzig
Google Pixel 3a XL
Hi
Mr. siluxsept
Since you have been developing aicp for htc u ultra for many years, almost all aicp r16.1 updates and bugs have been fixed. Please publish the latest release on androidfilehost. I have really been looking forward to its weekly updates ...
Thank you very much
Sorry, i'm not developing for OCE anymore. Device broke a while ago. Feel free to build it yourself. Device tree is still available on my github.

Reactions: Askael
How to get it running:

1. download boot_twrp.img here
2. enter bootloader and "fastboot flash boot boot_twrp.img"
3. directly start into recovery from bootloader menu
4. in TWRP go to settings, check "Unmount System before installing a ZIP" and "Automatically Reflash TWRP after flashing a ROM"
5. go to advanced, select "Flash Current TWRP". reboot to recovery after completion.
6. back in TWRP dirty flash this ROM over your current weekly. reboot to recovery again.
7. dirty flash your preferred GAPPs package. reboot to recovery.
8. flash Magisk and reboot into system

You should be all set, verify by rebooting into recovery from restart menu or adb. Enjoy TWRP! :)

From factory Android 10 bonito-qq2a.200305.002 I flashed to lineage-18.1-20211116 using SDK Platform-Tools 31.0.3 and system is nominal (y).

Flashed current boot.img from Nov12-2012, manual reboot into AICP 16.1 recovery, sideload current AICP (no errors), but reboots to bootloader and will not boot into system (n).
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
*reboot recovery
adb sideload aicp_bonito_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20211222.zip
Will this work direct from any particular ROM or factory image?

*update/fix Must come from Android R factory. Can't come from Lineage OS 18.1 exclusively.

Last edited:
Reactions: Siluxsept

Siluxsept

Feb 17, 2013
Leipzig
Google Pixel 3a XL
From factory Android 10 bonito-qq2a.200305.002 I flashed to lineage-18.1-20211116 using SDK Platform-Tools 31.0.3 and system is nominal (y).

Flashed current boot.img from Nov12-2012, manual reboot into AICP 16.1 recovery, sideload current AICP (no errors), but reboots to bootloader and will not boot into system (n).
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
*reboot recovery
adb sideload aicp_bonito_r-16.1-WEEKLY-20211222.zip
Will this work direct from any particular ROM or factory image?

*update/fix Must come from Android R factory. Can't come from Lineage OS 18.1 exclusively.
I always came from stock.. Thanks for your report.

MikeW14

Oct 19, 2014
hi. do you have a new boot image for the latest rom update? i'm still updated via sideloading. thx again. :)

Siluxsept

Feb 17, 2013
Leipzig
Google Pixel 3a XL
AICP Android 12.1 BETA

Bonito

Sargo

- Safetynet fixed (works with Magisk v23, v24 not tested yet)
- Deskclock widget fixed
- Selinux enforced now
- Doze / Ambient edge light settings available again
- AICP Extras stuff is back (not completely though, still WIP)

Currently we are fixing some minor bugs and adding back more extra features. We will officially move to 12 in a few weeks.

I recommend using NikGapps Basic package for now. (full Gapps packages missing some permissions, working on it)

Have fun!

Tehbro

Jun 29, 2018
Hi! Can I clean flash this if Im coming from an android 10-based custom ROM? or do I need to install stock android 12 firmware first? thanks!

Siluxsept

Feb 17, 2013
Leipzig
Google Pixel 3a XL
AICP Android 12.1 RC

Bonito

Sargo

- various fixes
- support custom icon packs again
- statusbar icons added / updated
- gaming mode settings available
- AICP live wallpaper is back

Nikgapps Basic package recommended.

Use TWRP for initial flashing.

Have fun!

i dirty flashed the weekly update via ADB sideload and now im stuck in the blue bootanimation any solution?

also found some bugs. 1: The Scramble Layout option makes the screen blackout but the phone is still on and receiving notifications so I had to do a factory reset and everything is back to normal. 2: The device sometimes turns off randomly and remains in bootloop, to solve it you have to press the power button once when the unlocked bootloader splash screen appears. 3: And finally, the battery consumption has gotten slightly worse since I installed the ROM, it's not much but it's noticeable

Last edited:

Siluxsept

Feb 17, 2013
Leipzig
Google Pixel 3a XL
i dirty flashed the weekly update via ADB sideload and now im stuck in the blue bootanimation any solution?

also found some bugs. 1: The Scramble Layout option makes the screen blackout but the phone is still on and receiving notifications so I had to do a factory reset and everything is back to normal. 2: The device sometimes turns off randomly and remains in bootloop, to solve it you have to press the power button once when the unlocked bootloader splash screen appears. 3: And finally, the battery consumption has gotten slightly worse since I installed the ROM, it's not much but it's noticeable
Did you dirty flash gapps package also?

Scramble layout will be fixed in next relase. No random reboot for me, device uptime > 72 hours. maybe caused by some app. Please provide logs.

Indeed, its a little bit more battery hungry for now. Needs optimization - already added a few kernel tweaks. Coming soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can we expect builds for Android 12 or we should wait for 12L to be stable?
    Team started 12 sources sync today. Be patient.. ;-)

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS), we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and then changed to be based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.
    We changed again for Android Q-R with a base of AOSP repositories and some additions from LineageOS for device-specific repositories.

If there are any bugs we will sort them out if it concerns our codebase. This ROM isn't LineageOS supported, so there is no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
    */

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

GZOSP team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    DU team
    Resurrection Remix team
    AOSiP team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @Miccia
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build weeklies and everything that comes with this, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 16.1

Download link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
    Boot Image: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664838745

Please note that official builds will be deleted from our servers every month due to maintenance services.
    Starting with AICP 15 we will be storing a copy of the most recent release here: https://media.aicp-rom.com/vault/.

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
    (Just click the changelog button next to the download link in the list of builds available for your device)

Google Apps:
    We recommend MindTheGapps as it has been thoroughly tested and it works well with the ROM, some other minimal GApps packages still have issues, however feel free to try other GApps if you want to, just try MindTheGapps if you have any GApps related issues

MindTheGapps: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=322935
    Mirror: http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps

issues.png

You tell... :p

FAQ:
    Before using the ROM:
    Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
    A. Yes, just look here to see what day your device is built on.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels officially?
    A. No. You can still use them, but the discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Does this ROM include GApps or do I have to flash them separately?
    A. No, we do not include prebuilt GApps, because of possible licensing issues with Google Software and because some users do not want GApps preinstalled as they want to use alternative services like MicroG or just prefer flashing a GApps "flavor" of their liking.

Q. Does this ROM use the camera or gallery app from stock?
    A. It depends on the device. In most cases these apps include proprietary libs/code and cannot be included in the device trees on Github or we risk having the ROM banned from Github. In this case, we might try to make them installable (separate from the ROM zip), or we might provide a version of these apps with the ROM that doesn't include any proprietary libs. It's also sometimes the case that these apps are simply not included because we didn't feel the need to do so for the device in question.

Q. Does this ROM have Extended/Scrolling screenshot?
    A. No, extended screenshot was implemented using an app extracted and modified from manufacturer firmware/system images and is proprietary as well. It led to the closing of many ROM's sources on GitHub.

Q. Does this ROM have FaceUnlock?
    A. No, FaceUnlock was also an app extracted and modified from some manufacturers. Even Google removed the Trusted Face (FaceUnlock) feature for security reasons on Android 9.0/10.x. Adding the modified feature did the same to ROM sources as described above.

Q. Can you add (insert favorite weather provider)?
    A. No, we cannot add more weather providers as the implementations change and we (the ROM) now have to pay for most services, and that is not cheap, so we decided to use the best free service that we could find, the only way to add your own is for users to apply for their own API key to use their preferred service.

Q. Does this ROM have private official builds with the above proprietary libs included?
    A. No, we believe in open source software, this way users know what's in the build and can replicate it themselves, all official builds are built on our build servers using the public sources from github and no one can (or would) add their own private sources to the build.

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the flashing instructions...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. Yes, this is the usual behavior on flashing a new official build by (or using) the build-in updater service.

Using the ROM:

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat AND the model name. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. Do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get, and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section on the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android R. You don't need to install any Add-ons, simply download the latest ROM and GApps, then follow the flashing instructions and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM zip file.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine though.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know!)

1. Download the AICP installation package that you would like to install or build the package yourself.
    Optionally, download an application package add-on such as Google Apps (use the arm64 architecture).

2. If you are not in recovery, reboot into recovery:
    With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Power. Then use the menu to select Recovery Mode.
    Now tap Factory Reset, then Format data / factory reset and continue with the formatting process. This will remove encryption and delete all files stored in the internal storage, as well as format your cache partition (if you have one).
    Return to the main menu.

3. Sideload the AICP .zip package:
    On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.
    On the host machine, sideload the package using: adb sideload filename.zip.

4. (Optionally): If you want to install any add-ons, click Advanced, then Reboot to Recovery, then when your device reboots, click Apply Update, then Apply from ADB, then adb sideload filename.zip those packages in sequence.
    NOTE: If you want the Google Apps add-on on your device, you must follow this step before booting into AICP for the first time!

Pixel 3a/XL UPDATES, [03.11.21 17:53]
    [Weitergeleitet von Captain Throwback]
    A11 TWRP builds for bonito and sargo - UPDATED
    (from the official TWRP build server)

Bonito:
    https://build.twrp.me/twrp-3.5.2_11-1-bonito.img

Sargo:
    https://build.twrp.me/twrp-3.5.2_11-1-sargo.img

Installation Instructions
    (through fastboot/TWRP, works whether or not device is currently rooted)
    1) Download the appropriate image for your device.
    2) Reboot to bootloader and fastboot boot image (fastboot boot name-of-twrp.img)
    3) Once in TWRP, go to Advanced -> Flash Current TWRP to install TWRP permanently to the device
    4) (Optional) If previously rooted, flash Magisk.apk in TWRP to keep root on the device.
    5) Reboot and Profit!

Alternate Installation Method
    (through Magisk/EXKM/FKM app if already rooted)
    1) Download the appropriate TWRP installer zip for your device from below:
    Bonito: https://build.twrp.me/twrp-installer-3.5.2_11-1-bonito.zip
    Sargo: https://build.twrp.me/twrp-installer-3.5.2_11-1-sargo.zip
    2) Use the "Install from storage" option in Magisk app, or Zip Install options in EXKM/FKM to install TWRP to the device
    3) (Optional) Reinstall root using the Magisk app and the "Direct Installation" method
    4) Reboot and Profit!

Troubleshooting
    If you have any issues with the builds, please post:
    TWRP Recovery Log - adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
    Logcat - adb logcat -d > logcat.txt

Current Root Solution:

Magisk

sources.png

If you want to contribute to AICP, or if you want to see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

Kernel source:
    https://github.com/AICP/kernel_google_msm-4.9
    Device tree source:
    https://github.com/AICP/device_google_bonito
    Vendor source:

Follow this guide if you want to extract the vendor blobs: https://wiki.lineageos.org/extracting_blobs_from_zips.html

ROM & Additional links:
    AICP's Homepage
    AICP Gerrit Code Review
    AICP sources on Github
    AICP Download page for official builds and media content
    AICP Discord Community
    AICP Telegram channel for server notifications on official builds

Contributors:

npjohnson
    flar2
    cstark27

Information:

ROM OS Version:
    11.x
    Kernel: Linux 4.9
    Release Date: 06-19-2021

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!
    AICP Android 12.1 RC

Bonito

Sargo

- various fixes
    - support custom icon packs again
    - statusbar icons added / updated
    - gaming mode settings available
    - AICP live wallpaper is back

Nikgapps Basic package recommended.

Use TWRP for initial flashing.

Have fun!
    AICP Android 12.1 BETA

Bonito

Sargo

- Safetynet fixed (works with Magisk v23, v24 not tested yet)
    - Deskclock widget fixed
    - Selinux enforced now
    - Doze / Ambient edge light settings available again
    - AICP Extras stuff is back (not completely though, still WIP)

Currently we are fixing some minor bugs and adding back more extra features. We will officially move to 12 in a few weeks.

I recommend using NikGapps Basic package for now. (full Gapps packages missing some permissions, working on it)

Have fun!

Did you dirty flash gapps package also?

Scramble layout will be fixed in next relase. No random reboot for me, device uptime > 72 hours. maybe caused by some app. Please provide logs.

Indeed, its a little bit more battery hungry for now. Needs optimization - already added a few kernel tweaks. Coming soon.