• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [11.0.0] dotOS v5.1 [OFFICIAL] [raphael/raphaelin] [14/06/21]

Search This thread

Apurba99

Jul 18, 2017
Kolkata
Moto G 2015
Redmi K20 Pro
So I got a notification saying a newer version is available that is v5.1(7 Jun 2021). I'm currently on v5.0.1(13 April).
When I try to download, its say check your internet connection and my net connection is perfectly nice. when I press the play button on the updater page, it says can't install this update on top of the current build.
What should I do now? Just download the newer version and dirty flash it or what?

rainvn.cb

Oct 25, 2020
So I got a notification saying a newer version is available that is v5.1(7 Jun 2021). I'm currently on v5.0.1(13 April).
When I try to download, its say check your internet connection and my net connection is perfectly nice. when I press the play button on the updater page, it says can't install this update on top of the current build.
What should I do now? Just download the newer version and dirty flash it or what?
Just dirty flash it, but i recommend you backup your data and make a clean flash

khue.nguyen

Nov 28, 2012
I found a bug, if I add trusted device (ie my miband) to unlock my phone, I can't use fingerprints to unlock apps. Remove trusted device and everthing is fine again. :)

mlnzigzag

Jul 1, 2021
Hello I'm in need of a little help. On my raphael global I have twrp 3.4.0_9-10-mauronofrio, and so far I was able to test any official android 11 based rom that included GAPPS. Now I'd like to test one without GAPPS, but I wasn't able to let dotOS boot.

When I flash it (wipe dalvik, cache, system and data, then flash through adb sideload: ok, then format data and reboot) it is not able to boot. I see the MI logo for a couple of seconds, then black screen, then MI logo again and boot straight into TWRP, even though I didn't press volume up.

I have been trying with firmware updates, but no luck, and I also tried to clean install with the updated firmware, already onboard, but dotOS installer refused to execute: "the installer needs an android 10 based firmware" was the error.

I then flashed back the ROM I was using before (I can share it, but dunno if relevant and welcome) and it's just working like a charm.. but I want something degoogled!

Sorry if I miss something very basic, I'm new at this stuff.

Thanks, Marco

hillilli

Jun 12, 2017
Hello I'm in need of a little help. On my raphael global I have twrp 3.4.0_9-10-mauronofrio, and so far I was able to test any official android 11 based rom that included GAPPS. Now I'd like to test one without GAPPS, but I wasn't able to let dotOS boot.

When I flash it (wipe dalvik, cache, system and data, then flash through adb sideload: ok, then format data and reboot) it is not able to boot. I see the MI logo for a couple of seconds, then black screen, then MI logo again and boot straight into TWRP, even though I didn't press volume up.

I have been trying with firmware updates, but no luck, and I also tried to clean install with the updated firmware, already onboard, but dotOS installer refused to execute: "the installer needs an android 10 based firmware" was the error.

I then flashed back the ROM I was using before (I can share it, but dunno if relevant and welcome) and it's just working like a charm.. but I want something degoogled!

Sorry if I miss something very basic, I'm new at this stuff.

Thanks, Marco
Hello mlnzigzag,
I’m having the same problem as you do. Did you mention to solve this problem, or could anyone else help pleas ?

mlnzigzag

Jul 1, 2021
Hello mlnzigzag,
I’m having the same problem as you do. Did you mention to solve this problem, or could anyone else help pleas ?
Yes buddy, I fixed. I had to download and install the latest miui 12 android 10 based. 12.0.5 for me. flashed through miflash. Then reboot into fastboot, reinstall twrp, boot twrp, and you will be able to flash this rom. Avoid downloading miui 12.5, it is android 11 based, and the installer will fail.

UncivilStar

Aug 2, 2021
Great job! This rom is amazing! The best and good looking I've found so far. I like overall the miui feel.

However I'm noticing that the ram is pushed too much and the battery drains fast, it doesn't last neither a day. I've flashed the vannilla 5.1.2 build and core Gapps because I wanted the less possible weight on the ram, I even disabled some services that I don't use like nfc, stk, face unlock and packages related to voice assistant, calendar and printing stuff. I mainly use my phone to basic things like read newspapers, browse the internet and watch some videos. System always eat almost half of the ram capability. Is this normal? Someone else is experiencing the same thing?

Last edited:

Sharemy

Jul 26, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
Maybe this is a dump question, but I was wondering if on this ROM the safetynet test passed. If not, is there a way to make Google pay work?

tausifasif88

May 14, 2016
i am on dotos 5.1.2 build with miui vendor 12.0.6
My location is working but apps like Uber and Careem are unable to fetch my location and are not working.
any solution please

Last edited:

Vol7riX

May 10, 2011
Great Rom, but If i want to install kwgt from Playstore it says Kwgt is incompatible with this device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dotOS_banner-5.0.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version: 5.0

Device: raphael/raphaelin

Maintainer: Ritzzz

Build Status: Official

banner_discl.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.

* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

banner_about.png

dotOS is an Android ROM that focuses on performance and stability. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get the most out of his/her device.....

banner_inst.png

CLEAN FLASH :

Download the latest build and GApps

Reboot to recovery

Make nandroid backup (Not Necessary)

Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik

Flash the latest build and GApps

Reboot

DIRTY FLASH :

Download the latest build

Reboot to recovery

Flash the latest build

Wipe Cache

Reboot

Note: GApps only has to be flashed once whereas Magisk/Su is to be flashed every time you Dirty Flash the OTA Update.

banner_downlods.png

SourceForge

banner_features.png

Code:
    [LIST]

New and refreshed UI

New Customization app (previously named as DotExtras)

Accent Overlay & RGB Picker

Edge Lighting

Battery Styles

Battery Percentage Styles

Clock Customization

Traffic Indicator

Battery Light Customizations

QS Tiles title toggle

QS Tiles style toggle (AOSP & accent)

QS Rows & Columns Customization

New FOD Icon & Animation picker with previews

FOD recognition color picker

Screen-Off FOD

Automatically temporary disable night light while using FOD (toggle)

New Theme Manager

Overlays based Accent Picker

Material Palette Accent Picker

Smart Accent Picker (find an automatically proper shade of accent for the other theme; if you apply custom accent for dark theme, press Smart Accent Picker and it will find a good shade to use for a light theme and vice-versa)

Fonts, Icon Packs, and Icon Shapes picker

Other Extra Features

Hold power to torch

Double-tap on statusbar and lockscreen to sleep

Double-tap while sleeping to open doze (ambient display)

Quick Screenshot (3 fingers gesture)

Volume Panel position switch (right or left)

Navigation bar pill size customization (hide, stock, medium, large)

Pocket Mode - avoid screen touches while the phone is in your pocket

Use Biometrics on first boot (unavailable for encrypted users)

Lockscreen Media toggle

Built-in Launcher Grid control

MicroG support

[CENTER]

[/LIST]

banner_credits.png

DotOSteam

AOSP

Pixel Experience

Dirty Unicorns

And all other open source Devs/Teams.

banner_team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer

Sam Grande - UI Developer/Project Co-ordinator

Iacob Ionut - UI, UX Developer/ Core Developer

Sipun Kumar - Developer/Maintainer

Shreehari Vaasistha L - Developer/Maintainer

Special thanks:

Aswin
    - Graphics Designer

ShreeJoy - Web Backend Developer

Manish Bajpai - Web Frontend Developer[/SIZE]

Important Links

Liked The ROM? Want to Help Us? Then gift us some credits

banner_sources.png

dot OS source

dotOS-Device Sources

telegram.png

Telegram Group

Telegram Channel

web.png

Website

REPORTING BUGS!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!

for more READ THIS

and do not forget to send it to us 😜

header_logo_50.png

XDA DevDB Information

dotOS, ROM for Redmi K20 Pro

Contributors: Ritzzz

Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS

Kernel Source:: http://bigota.d.miui.com/V11.0.1.0....NGlobal_V11.0.1.0.QFKINXM_5e75bba584_10.0.zip

ROM OS Version: 11.x Android R

ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14

ROM Firmware/Vendor Required: Must be on the latest Vendor

Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Stable

Current Stable Version: v5.1

Stable Release Date: 14-06-2021​

Screenshot_20210206-131154.pngScreenshot_20210206-131205.pngScreenshot_20210206-131212.pngScreenshot_20210206-131216.pngScreenshot_20210206-131221.pngScreenshot_20210206-131241.pngScreenshot_20210206-131247.pngScreenshot_20210206-131259.pngScreenshot_20210206-131319.pngScreenshot_20210208-122225.pngScreenshot_20210208-122234.pngScreenshot_20210208-122325.pngScreenshot_20210208-122238.pngScreenshot_20210208-122307.pngScreenshot_20210208-122312.pngScreenshot_20210208-122318.pngScreenshot_20210208-122331.pngScreenshot_20210208-122347.png
    Dot OS v5.0 Official Release has been pushed!
    Download from here
    dotOS v5.0.1 Hotfix Release

Download:- https://www.droidontime.com/raphael

Changelogs:- https://blog.droidontime.com/blog/april-release-2021

PS:- Flash the latest vendor before flashing the rom
    Comes in with both variants of Gapps & Vanilla and with Los FOD - Miui Vendor
    Is there an Android 11 version in OpenGapps? Can I install Gapps with version 10?
    Gapps for 11 here >> https://sourceforge.net/projects/nikgapps/files/Releases/NikGapps-R/
    Hello mlnzigzag,
    Yes buddy, I fixed. I had to download and install the latest miui 12 android 10 based. 12.0.5 for me. flashed through miflash. Then reboot into fastboot, reinstall twrp, boot twrp, and you will be able to flash this rom. Avoid downloading miui 12.5, it is android 11 based, and the installer will fail.