• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0.0][Hima] crDroid 7.12 [Official] ViperFX ready, All M9s should be supported again [18.11.2021]

Search This thread

jurkoman

Oct 24, 2015
Just reinstalled a few days ago; overheat is present, especially while charging on fast charge. Tried various governers and conservative does appear to be the best, but still the phone is too hot to touch (almost!! Like really close!!). Wonder if the metal case is actually DESIGNED to be a heatsink - I've only had a reboot when changing the gpu governer. I've had the cpu cores maxed and governer on performance and no reboots, just gets REALLY REALLY HOT!!
I really want to stay on this Rom, it's class in every other way, but atm cpu and temperature stability are a real issue.
I had crdroid 6.16 from half year ago until yesterday.
EVERYTHING worked fantastic. Battery 2 days, no lag all time, only little graphics glitches but minimal, no problem... No random reboots.
Now i installed 7.9 (29/8) and it overheat and battery drains.
Installed crdroid 6.18 for test, it overheats and lags + random reboots, one 3 minutes after first startup and second when mobile hotspot turned on.
I want revert back version 6.16 or please developers, give me a link for that or give me a suggestion for best working version 7 for himaul. Thanks. I am using now LOS 15.1 from claymore and working like crdroid 6.16. No problem all time.

Last edited:

tombbb

Sep 4, 2008
Asus Zenfone 5
HTC U11
I had crdroid 6.16 from half year ago until yesterday.
EVERYTHING worked fantastic. Battery 2 days, no lag all time, only little graphics glitches but minimal, no problem... No random reboots.
Now i installed 7.9 and it is disaster, also random reboots (one 3 minutes after first startup and second when mobile hotspot turned on) ! How can developers put new updates with so many issues and call it STABLE... Lags, overheat and battery drain like nobody tested this rom on physical device.
Installed crdroid 6.18 for test, it overheats and lags.
I want revert back version 6.16 or please developers, give me a link for that or give me a suggestion for best working version 7 for himaul. Thanks. I am using now LOS 15.1 from claymore and working like crdroid 6.16. No problem all time.
build 7.9 (8/29) is stable, you can try clean install it.

If not, here is the link to previous versions.

Last edited:

jurkoman

Oct 24, 2015
build 7.9 (8/29) is stable, you can try clean install it.

If not, here is the link to previous versions.
Yes, i tried this version and i had more battery drain. I tested it for 1 day, maybe i need to charge it twice but it also overheats and i noticed also when i turn on some Convolver on viperfx app, sound tears sometimes. I dont know maybe i have some dust in jack but try if someone knows how it works, some convolver
with more bass like XHR ActiveBass or Viper Dualbass, if its only me but if i turn off viper, sound is better. On many devices i tested i wanted to install ViperFX or JamesDSP for improve stock sound for things like surrounds or bass, equalizer etc. but on this device is sound bit worse with Viperfx.

Reactions: tombbb
D

Deleted member 10260383

Can't you replace the 3-dot navigation mode with gestures?
I can do than in LOS, AICP but in thin one it's not possible.

jurkoman

Oct 24, 2015
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
You need Unlocked bootloader for install
  • step 1 Download crDroid from the link, if you want root then download Magisk also and copy it all to your Phone internel or external your choice.
  • step 2 Go to recovery when you didnt installed it already download it from the listed link, go in fastboot with all 3 keys pressed hold then select with volume keys Download mode and hit power button,
    When youre on Windows download adb minimal and fastboot here in https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317790 install it , open the shortcut on your desktop if one was created when not just serch in Windows for minimal and you will find it.
  • step 3 Type in the opened command prompt in minimal adb and fastboot: adb devices to check if device was recognized, when not download here the drivers to make sure it works fine https://downloadmirror.co/1LnA/HTC_Driver_v4.17.0.001.zip?pt=SCTaNyN4GCn3NIchsd7q3hM7hBYxuFbGvjQe9voyZY4= run it let it install then type again fastboot devices make sure you see some numbers like FA53WYJ13710 then it works fine and can start flashing.
  • step 4 Go to your download folder and search for twrp-3.4.0-0-hima.img rename it to twrp.img to make it easier for you to flash. copy the renamed twrp.img to C:/Program Files (x86)/minmal adb and fastboot/
  • step 5 Type in your Minimal adb Fastboot prompt: flash recovery twrp.img after OK type fastboot reboot bootloader and select with volume keys recovery and hit power button, congrats youre in TWRP recovery
  • step 6 Now you can make A backup of all your stuff when you have enough Disk space on your Internal or External storage when not make space on your SDcard or Internal storage and copy all your stoff on your Computer to make Space for a backup of your Data =apps and settings System = current Android. when you have Done that part go to install and select the Download Rom install it and if you want root then also The Magisk.zip props go out to https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4470081 thanks to him for for his Makgisk root solution :good: and after all installed hit Reboot

Update installation:
You can dirty flash it if youre on android 10 and youre lucky it will start without apps crashing.
If you dont want to get Dirty then you youre fomat Data and System in TWRP and flash the Rom also you can make a Backup current Rom if you want.

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: https://github.com/Claymore1297/android_kernel_htc_msm8994

Download:
ROM crdroid.net
ViperFX Profile for Speaker
ViperFX is included and fully suporrted,
just disabel AudioFX or turn on legacy mode.
I dont recommand both together couse (loud bugs)

8.6.2021 Seperate Edition without Undervolting for those with bootloops.
Current Offical Build dont have Undervolting set, so current Release will work.

For those peopel who download over phone i suggest to turn Desktop Mode ON in Browser settings to be abel to Download directly.

Known issues:
Only FM not working, if found something
share log and we will see :)

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid Community Telegram
Donate to help our team pay server costs

Here some pics
Edit: The rom is newer then the pics, this are just Sampels i created a while ago
https://ibb.co/BjCbGCV
https://ibb.co/HXNCPTh

Thanks to:

- Claymore 1297 and his Team for the work on the M9, without him it wouldn't be possible!
- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

ROM OS Version Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: 4.x
Based On: Lineage

Version Information
Status
: Stable

Created 2021-05-11
Last Updated 2021-07-11
Hi, i tested actually newest build 9-16 crdroid 7.10 and every startup my m9 starts overheat little bit and freeze. After this restart. I tried restart 5 times but this issue still happens. I tested also AICP 16.1 9-19 and it is running actually good.

platinumthis

Sep 17, 2019
Hi, i tested actually newest build 9-16 crdroid 7.10 and every startup my m9 starts overheat little bit and freeze. After this restart. I tried restart 5 times but this issue still happens. I tested also AICP 16.1 9-19 and it is running actually good.
Well iam trying to get the most of it so things can happen. I will make a new one soon, it would be good if you can tell me what device modell you have and which temp you got.

jurkoman

Oct 24, 2015
I am using now RR 7.0.2. I found out aicp draining out battery pretty fast. I need this device actually for daily driver if it is still usable and working good. All new roms are breaked out by something. And LineageOS doesnt have some options for example in lockscreen to change No statusbar, no quicksettings and no power options.

Cuonghmm

Dec 9, 2020
HTC One (M9)
HTC One S9

I mean it's better to use vendor aicp on cr rom

tnmr

Jun 8, 2017
when i try to install it I got ERROR 1. Is it not compatible with M9 One Prime Camera Edition?
I also got bootloop right now without backup system so dead phone :( but TWRP-Himar is working :D

Can anyone help me?

Greetings

platinumthis

Sep 17, 2019
Have a new kernel with 70hz if anyone want try make sure youre on Android 11 , and if you get blackscreen lower BIG core speed to 1,5 ghz
May not work on all M9's

Last edited:
Reactions: tombbb
D

Deleted member 10260383

when i try to install it I got ERROR 1. Is it not compatible with M9 One Prime Camera Edition?
I also got bootloop right now without backup system so dead phone :( but TWRP-Himar is working :D

Can anyone help me?

Greetings
With the phone turned off. press Vol - & Power and it will go to fastboot mode, go to Recovery, Mount and copy a backup or ROM to the phone.
Your processor it's Mediatek, I think you can't flash this ROM because it's for Snapdragon 810, TWRP works because it's installed another location that doesn't get ¨hurt¨ for being another processor

jurkoman

Oct 24, 2015
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
  • step 1 Download crDroid from the link, if you want root then download Magisk also and copy it all to your Phone internel or external your choice.
  • step 2 Go to recovery when you didnt installed it already download it from the listed link, go in fastboot with all 3 keys pressed hold then select with volume keys Download mode and hit power button,
    When youre on Windows download adb minimal and fastboot here in https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317790 install it , open the shortcut on your desktop if one was created when not just serch in Windows for minimal and you will find it.
  • step 3 Type in the opened command prompt in minimal adb and fastboot: adb devices to check if device was recognized, when not download here the drivers to make sure it works fine https://downloadmirror.co/1LnA/HTC_Driver_v4.17.0.001.zip?pt=SCTaNyN4GCn3NIchsd7q3hM7hBYxuFbGvjQe9voyZY4= run it let it install then type again fastboot devices make sure you see some numbers like FA53WYJ13710 then it works fine and can start flashing.
  • step 4 Go to your download folder and search for twrp-3.4.0-0-hima.img rename it to twrp.img to make it easier for you to flash. copy the renamed twrp.img to C:/Program Files (x86)/minmal adb and fastboot/
  • step 5 Type in your Minimal adb Fastboot prompt: flash recovery twrp.img after OK type fastboot reboot bootloader and select with volume keys recovery and hit power button, congrats youre in TWRP recovery
  • step 6 Now you can make A backup of all your stuff when you have enough Disk space on your Internal or External storage when not make space on your SDcard or Internal storage and copy all your stoff on your Computer to make Space for a backup of your Data =apps and settings System = current Android. when you have Done that part go to install and select the Download Rom install it and if you want root then also The Magisk.zip props go out to https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4470081 thanks to him for for his Makgisk root solution :good: and after all installed hit Reboot

Update installation:
You can dirty flash it if youre on android 10 and youre lucky it will start without apps crashing.
If you dont want to get Dirty then you youre fomat Data and System in TWRP and flash the Rom also you can make a Backup current Rom if you want.

Sources:

Download:
ROM crdroid.net

8.6.2021 Seperate Edition without Undervolting for those with bootloops.
Current Offical Build dont have Undervolting set, so current Release will work.

For those peopel who download over phone i suggest to turn Desktop Mode ON in Browser settings to be abel to Download directly.

Known issues:

Here some pics
Edit: The rom is newer then the pics, this are just Sampels i created a while ago

Thanks to:

- Claymore 1297 and his Team for the work on the M9, without him it wouldn't be possible!
- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Version Information
Status

Created 2021-05-11
Last Updated 2021-07-11
Hi, i tried latest update of this rom 10-11-2021.
Right after boot my M9 freezes and reboot again. I tried several times boot it, did clean install again with format data and still having same issue. Have someone else this problem?

platinumthis

Sep 17, 2019
Normal Himaul european but maybe problem if it is S-ON?
No, i think it due voltages, with ondemand set the voltages are not ready... Iam still testing, you can make a backup of previos rom vendor and restore it after newest version installed. My goal is to achieve as long possibly battery life with good performance, the benfits are cleary lowered heat when its perfect and a good expierence as far i can go. I just love this phone and will get the last extra juice i can get.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For phone app? I use phone app that come together with ROM.
    Weird bug, i had this too, some numbers will just refuse to hang up xd. I will investigate, ,aybe there is some setting or so which lead to this behaviour.
    Weird bug, i had this too, some numbers will just refuse to hang up xd. I will investigate, ,aybe there is some setting or so which lead to this behaviour.
    I had it too - I just dirty flashed nikGapps google carrier services addon - working normally again:)
    I had it too - I just dirty flashed nikGapps google carrier services addon - working normally again:)
    *dirty flashed carrier services, google dialer, device setup and device policy. So one some or oall of those together resolved this issue for me.
    Hi,
    Just flashed the latest rom.
    Fast charge doesn't work to me. On battery info says slowcharge mode.
    How to remove default apps that came preinstalled (likes Chrome,adaware, gmailGO)? Tryed with Titanium backup but says 'apk not found'
    If you have root you can disabel this with smartpackkernelmanager on Playstore, under battery section fast charge. Disabel it and try again, i just enabeld it by default couse i newer saw a fast charging by me and i use quickcharge 3.0 or other power sources when its disabeld it get only a charging speed of about 350mah which is really slow. Can i ask you u use quick charge 2.0?
    If you have root you can disabel this with smartpackkernelmanager on Playstore, under battery section fast charge. Disabel it and try again, i just enabeld it by default couse i newer saw a fast charging by me and i use quickcharge 3.0 or other power sources when its disabeld it get only a charging speed of about 350mah which is really slow. Can i ask you u use quick charge 2.0?
    With forced fast charge i get a top speed of about 800mah, when you use a short cabel.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    You have been warned

Features:

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:

Update installation:

Sources:

Download:
    ROM crdroid.net

Known issues:

Here some pics

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM

Version Information
    Status

Created 2021-05-11
    Last Updated 2021-11-18
    I have a Xiaomi MI9 with crDroid 7.5 and is *perfect*
    Now i can resuscutate my amazing HTC M9 and have crDroid installed too!
    Great Great work! thank you very much!

No Problem sir, dont forget to thx Claymore1297 and his team to keep our M9 Great. He´s the one who should get the credits, i just builded and uploaded with some changes. I will make it even greater with future builds. Feel free to type here.

Im in love since HTC Magic also :D
    Oh, yeah i replaced them. 10 from opengapps not work doe SDK. Nikgapps should work but remember when flash new rom also to flash Nikgapps again , in recovery it will say it will backup and install again but in the end it can lead to bootloop so after a New Build flash Nikgapps again or it will not start. i just looked at Opengapps they dont have 11 there. Or when you want to ungoogel go to /data/app and find vendig or venedig apk and delete it from Recovery in Advanced settings. So it should start without need to flash of Nikgapps
    For phone app? I use phone app that come together with ROM.
    hello again i am find a temp fix for the bootloop and constenting reboots is change the gobiernator to conversative but the problem is bootloop and reboots continue every 10 mins and miracast wireless display not works only reboots
    Yeah i readed, i will fix the bootlooping, i just want to unlock the true performance while not getting much overheat. For the FM radio part i looked and dont have time for now to dig deeper. Time will come and it will work but for now i have limited time to get 100% at this ROM