• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ROM][11.0.0][Himaul/himawl] LineageOS 18.1 [Unofficial]

Search This thread

lymon66

Feb 4, 2011
I am having a weird issue and it seems to point to Media Storage.
I can't clear/reset Media Storage data and/or cache through settings...it is all greyed out.
I can clear it using adb though (eg. by using the "pm clear" command)
Is this an Android 11 "feature" or a bug in this ROM ?

Also when trying to backup or restore media storage using Titanium Backup it hangs and even after force closing TB, the phone starts to behave weird.
it seems all access to internal storage (/storage/emulated/0/) is locked to everything and the phone needs to be restarted to be able to use it again.

Pfony

Oct 15, 2020
I just flashed 0513 build, so far so smooth and stable.
the built-in updater does not offer the new built:
Screenshot_20210518-105935_Updater.png

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014
the built-in updater does not offer the new built:
Same here, and I'm not familiar enough with hima yet, but I've seen this same issue on other phone builds. Just as a workaround, the Updater is simply downloading the .zip file to /data/lineageos_updates, so you can always manually download the .zip file and install it yourself with the recovery that you use.

Pfony

Oct 15, 2020
Same here, and I'm not familiar enough with hima yet, but I've seen this same issue on other phone builds. Just as a workaround, the Updater is simply downloading the .zip file to /data/lineageos_updates, so you can always manually download the .zip file and install it yourself with the recovery that you use.
OK, I just downloaded and updated (unfortunately) "manually" and now the standard camera app is not listed in the apps anymore... But I still can activate the camera by double press on power button. Any idea how to get the camera app back again???

PS: does anybody know the changelog from this May update?

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014
OK, I just downloaded and updated (unfortunately) "manually" and now the standard camera app is not listed in the apps anymore... But I still can activate the camera by double press on power button. Any idea how to get the camera app back again???

PS: does anybody know the changelog from this May update?

Try restarting the phone a few times. I had the camera app disappear on me, too, but it eventually came back.

m_abbas25

Feb 19, 2016
I am facing a problem that I can't able to install big games like asphalt 9 via play store. Which requires obb file.

Manually you can install by placing file in Android obb folder using root access but play store refuses to install. I think this problem is for all lineage os 18. Can any one help me in this.

Julian_B

Jun 9, 2021
I am facing a problem that I can't able to install big games like asphalt 9 via play store. Which requires obb file.

Manually you can install by placing file in Android obb folder using root access but play store refuses to install. I think this problem is for all lineage os 18. Can any one help me in this.
I think this "feature" is due to new scoped storage restrictions since Android 11. It has to be a general Android 11 issue.

Pfony

Oct 15, 2020
Hi there,
great news, really. Is there any chance to get the update via the built-in updater working again? The "manual" way is so much time consuming o_O;).

Any news about "SElinux not enforcing" issue? 😇

Would be so great, thank you.

I am having a weird issue and it seems to point to Media Storage.
I can't clear/reset Media Storage data and/or cache through settings...it is all greyed out.
I can clear it using adb though (eg. by using the "pm clear" command)
Is this an Android 11 "feature" or a bug in this ROM ?

Also when trying to backup or restore media storage using Titanium Backup it hangs and even after force closing TB, the phone starts to behave weird.
it seems all access to internal storage (/storage/emulated/0/) is locked to everything and the phone needs to be restarted to be able to use it again.
Well first, it's not recommended to use titanium backup.
It may work fine, but it could cause weird issues.

About the internal storage issue, i experienced it aswell.
It's a bug
Always had to reboot.
I'm usually building the roms myself and my last build from 2021.07.07 doesn't have this issue.
You should upgrade to the latest build avaiable from claymore, should be fine i guess

lymon66

Feb 4, 2011
Well first, it's not recommended to use titanium backup.
It may work fine, but it could cause weird issues.

About the internal storage issue, i experienced it aswell.
It's a bug
Always had to reboot.
I'm usually building the roms myself and my last build from 2021.07.07 doesn't have this issue.
You should upgrade to the latest build avaiable from claymore, should be fine i guess
Never had any issues with TB and it works/backups/restores fine for me.
I installed the latest build (20210710) and media storage bug is still there unfortunately

platinumthis

Sep 17, 2019
You mean this bug that you sometime cant see folders in Filebrowser?
I had this too, a backup and restore can maybe fix that, it usally happens when i restore /data sometimes from TWRP. If you guys mean this bug what i mention.

lymon66

Feb 4, 2011
Since installation of build 20210710 I have a new issue: in some cases I get no sound during call: the one calling me can hear me, but I can't hear the caller ... if I switch to speaker it works and I can hear the caller.
When this issue happens and I call back or call another number, I get the same thing...I can see on the display the call is active (counter is running), but I don't hear anything unless I put the call on speaker.
Restarting the phone *sometimes* fixes the issue, but not always.

edit: never mind...found the issue. it's a faulty earpiece. If I press hard on the casing where the earpiece sits, it works again for a few seconds.

Last edited:

lymon66

Feb 4, 2011
You mean this bug that you sometime cant see folders in Filebrowser?
I had this too, a backup and restore can maybe fix that, it usally happens when i restore /data sometimes from TWRP. If you guys mean this bug what i mention.
No, the bug refers to media storage (in system apps) , you can't clear it's cache or storage (eg. to rebuild the ringtone/notification sounds database).
You can't make a backup of this database either without (indirectly) crashing the phone

Pfony

Oct 15, 2020
Hi everybody,
there is still the (built-in) camera-app-icon missing so I have to start the camera by double press on power button (also latest built from july). (No, even dozens of restarts didn't help).

Two issues unfortunately still annoying in camera app:
1. start up time is very long from double press on power button till actual camera app is ready (some spontaneous photos got never been shot 😭)
2. if HDR is enabled before taking pictures the camera app sometimes crashes saying something like "media server died, could not connect" or "could not connect to media server" something like this. If I already have camera app started then go to standby and some times after I want to take a picture the app crashes more frequently so that I have to "force stop" the app and open it again. But this behavior is also experienced without HDR enabled.

Concerning the "Location" functionality: I still wonder if this is a (wanted) feature to not beeing able anymore to select what kind of location type you want. In the past LOSs (I think 16.x, 15.x, ...) you could chose between "device only" and 2 other methods. Now since there is only "on/off" my navigation app (osmand~) takes a very long time to determine the current position (it downloads some map material !?).

Any ideas on that?

ps: will the OTA updater work again for next built ? 🙂🙃😉

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for Lineage OS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing Lineage OS 18.0 your device?

Coming from a SENSE ROM?

Enable all location services: Settings > Location > (all location services) = On
    Coming from another ROM?

Download the zip(s).
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash LineageOS.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Downloads

Downloads

ROM - https://mirror.codebucket.de/claymore1297/LineageOS/18.1/hima

Google Apps - https://mirror.codebucket.de/claymore1297/GAPPS/

TWRP Recovery (SAR) - https://github.com/CaptainThrowback/android_device_htc_hima/releases

XDA: DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.0, ROM for the HTC One (M9)

Contributors:
    @Claymore1297
    @k4y0z

ROM OS Version: 11 R
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.108
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/Claymore1297/android_kernel_htc_msm8994
    SELinux: enforce

Requirements
    HTC Firmware: 4.x
    TWRP: 3.4.0-0 - with SAR support

special thanks to:
    @root-expert

Version Information

What is working

WiFi
    Bluetooth
    IR
    Camera (including video recording)
    Telephony (Calls, MMS/SMS and Mobile data)
    Audio (Record and Playback)
    Video Playback
    GPS
    NFC

What is not working
    FM Radio

Bug report

Bug reports without a proper description of the issue and a log will be ignored!
    You don't know howto take a log - see here:

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=how to get android logs&p=1&s=g

How to Build

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.0, ROM for the HTC One (M9)

Contributors:
    Claymore1297, k4y0z

Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Created 2020-12-06
    Last Updated 2020-12-06
    #### New build is up!! ####

the build is containing mainly the following:
    -july ASB's
    -minor fixes
    -last Lineage fixes

Enjoy!

-august ASB's
    -SELinux enforcing
    -last Lineage fixes

Enjoy!
    Hello Claymore,

first of all: Thanks so much for keeping our phone alive and absolutely up to date!

I was so excited to install LOS 18.0 and especially was fully convinced to finally get rid of the very annoying "echo in voice calls"-bug.
    I already tested the AICP 16.0 (built 2020-11-15) and it was fixed (as promised ;) (y)) (as already posted here).

So I just installed very very fresh (wiped everything (cache, data, system, yes even the internal storage)) the lineage-18.0-20201206-UNOFFICIAL-hima.zip .

Here it comes: the echo is still there, not fixed !!!!! Oh no :eek:! Do you have any idea what the difference is between aicp and los regarding voice calls? There must be something.
    Changing volume still has no effect even when you put the call on speakers.

Everything else works (as far as I have tested for now) perfectly!

I had so much hope in that....could you please 😇 take another look on this echo in voice calls issue and fix it as on aicp.

Again: Thank you so much for your work.

-march ASB's
    -minor fixes
    -last Lineage fixes

Enjoy!