• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ROM][11.0.0][Himaul/himawl] LineageOS 18.1 [Unofficial]

Search This thread

lymon66

Feb 4, 2011
Hi everybody,
there is still the (built-in) camera-app-icon missing so I have to start the camera by double press on power button (also latest built from july). (No, even dozens of restarts didn't help).

Two issues unfortunately still annoying in camera app:
1. start up time is very long from double press on power button till actual camera app is ready (some spontaneous photos got never been shot 😭)
2. if HDR is enabled before taking pictures the camera app sometimes crashes saying something like "media server died, could not connect" or "could not connect to media server" something like this. If I already have camera app started then go to standby and some times after I want to take a picture the app crashes more frequently so that I have to "force stop" the app and open it again. But this behavior is also experienced without HDR enabled.

Concerning the "Location" functionality: I still wonder if this is a (wanted) feature to not beeing able anymore to select what kind of location type you want. In the past LOSs (I think 16.x, 15.x, ...) you could chose between "device only" and 2 other methods. Now since there is only "on/off" my navigation app (osmand~) takes a very long time to determine the current position (it downloads some map material !?).

Any ideas on that?

ps: will the OTA updater work again for next built ? 🙂🙃😉
I had similar issues with the standard camera app crashing for no reason.
Since then I installed "Open camera" from the play store as my default camera app and it has been working fine (it also has a lot more options).
NB: make sure you enable opencamera as the default camera app, otherwise the stock camera app will still interfere.

Last edited:
I had similar issues with the standard camera app crashing for no reason.
Since then I installed "Open camera" from the play store as my default camera app and it has been working fine (it also has a lot more options).
NB: make sure you enable opencamera as the default camera app, otherwise the stock camera app will still interfere.
You could try to wipe the app data and cache from camera.
Maybe something got messed up during updates idk.
I have 3 m9 and none of them have an issue with the default camera 🤔

Is there a reason why not a single custom ROM for this phone has working FM radio?
Well all custom roms use more or less the same or a forked version of the same device tree.
Which means all bugs are the same across all roms.
And since Claymore is maintaining almost all current avaiable ROMs, he´s using the same sources for all roms.
Unless he or someone else finds a fix for fm radio, none of the avaiable ROMs will have working fm radio.

And to be honest, i doubt this will ever get fixed as most people simply don´t care about fm anyways 🤔

This is not true, Ice rom or Revoltion rom has FMradio (sense roms)
Also iam trying to get FMradio to work but for now i was not abel to, some time will pass and then it work.
As you already said, those are stock sense based roms so no surprise fm radio is working there.
But this is not an AOSP based custom rom, it´s a modded stock rom 😉

iamleobn

Jul 11, 2015
Well all custom roms use more or less the same or a forked version of the same device tree.
Which means all bugs are the same across all roms.
And since Claymore is maintaining almost all current avaiable ROMs, he´s using the same sources for all roms.
Unless he or someone else finds a fix for fm radio, none of the avaiable ROMs will have working fm radio.

And to be honest, i doubt this will ever get fixed as most people simply don´t care about fm anyways 🤔
Is there any way I can help? I've never developed anything for Android, but I am a software developer and I happen to have a spare M9 lying around. Do you have any idea where I would even start?

Is there any way I can help? I've never developed anything for Android, but I am a software developer and I happen to have a spare M9 lying around. Do you have any idea where I would even start?
Well if you're familiar with linux, it would be a good start to get a rom built from source first.
I could send you my manifest and some instructions via dm or telegram.

But i'm not a developer myself, i'm just building from time to time and help testing stuff so i can't give you exact instructions but maybe some hints where to start.
First you'll need to enable fm radio apk for build routines since you cannot simply install the apk later (i tried that).
Unfortunately idk how to do so atm but maybe i can find some documentation about which values have to be changed in configs
Then you could try troubleshooting the issue by grabbing a logcat.

Reactions: Jupp Pütta
So i did some research and i looked at some stuff from M8 and i successfully built a rom including the fm radio app (FM2)
I don't know if it's the right one though, since as far as i remember there were two packages avaiable depending on what fits better to the device.
Check out this commit:

However, as expected fm radio doesn't work.

I also uploaded my build including FM if anyone is interested in troubleshooting:

janeku

Apr 7, 2008
Skopje
Hi guys,
Maybe it is not a proper place to ask, but despite 18.0 is a good ROM, I had to back to my stock ROM .
In boot section it says :
HTC HIMAUHL
Radio 01.01_U14401011_117.00.61117G_2
Open DSP 20.7.3.00535.8994_1012
OS 4.23.710.1

Where I can find this stock rom ? I tried almost everything there was only one ROM that was accepted by my phone and this ROM has encrypted my phone when I installed so I had to re-install LOS in orther to get back my phone.

Thanks in advance.

janeku

Apr 7, 2008
Skopje
You could also go with a stock based ROM like ViperOneM9 instead.
I know but main reason is of technical problem: wifi is not working (mechanical-electronic issue) so repair man ask for original rom to be installed in order to be able detect it properly and replace wifi module with new one (that is what he says). Else I will have to put it in recycle bin forewer (that is what I do not want).

janeku

Apr 7, 2008
Skopje
You could also go with a stock based ROM like ViperOneM9 instead.
I tried and now it says my phone is encrypted. It asked for pass and when I try enter pass, it says it is ok but phone is encrypted and needed to restart. When I tryi to go back to twrp it start it, but it run some script and I can't get to twrp and it takes me back to encryption info page.

Ibrahim924k

Sep 28, 2020
rawalpindi
guys i just installed this rom but i am facing a problem. whenever the device boots up fully into the system it just hot reboots after a coupkle of seconds and it just keeps going on. i have installed the rom two times but still have the same problem.

WizzTech

Jan 26, 2017
SW
guys i just installed this rom but i am facing a problem. whenever the device boots up fully into the system it just hot reboots after a coupkle of seconds and it just keeps going on. i have installed the rom two times but still have the same problem.
I have just installed it too. No probs.

Did you install latest version?
Did you wipe data?

Edit: Spoke too soon. Although I can boot into the rom (takes a bit), I now can't boot to recovery anymore.
Not sure where I went wrong.
Trying to install SKD now to try and install TWRP via ADB. Massive PITA. xD
Another issue is my win10 Machine doesn't seem to recognize the M9 when plugged in.
Machine at work was recognizing it and machine at home recognizes the tablet. :S
Shoulda stuck with AICP 15. xD ahahah

Edit 2: Finally able to flash TWRP again, had to disable driver signature on win10, install naked drivers for the device to finally be recognized in Download mode.

Last edited:

Ibrahim924k

Sep 28, 2020
rawalpindi
I have just installed it too. No probs.

Did you install latest version?
Did you wipe data?

Edit: Spoke too soon. Although I can boot into the rom (takes a bit), I now can't boot to recovery anymore.
Not sure where I went wrong.
Trying to install SKD now to try and install TWRP via ADB. Massive PITA. xD
Another issue is my win10 Machine doesn't seem to recognize the M9 when plugged in.
Machine at work was recognizing it and machine at home recognizes the tablet. :S
Shoulda stuck with AICP 15. xD ahahah

Edit 2: Finally able to flash TWRP again, had to disable driver signature on win10, install naked drivers for the device to finally be recognized in Download mode.
the reason why u werent able to boot into twrp was because in the setup process they ask u to update the lieage recovery alogside the os. that option actually corrupts twrp. ad i have tried everything but i am still facing the same problem. I boot into the software without any problem but as soon as i boot up my device hot reboots. still not sure what is the issue.

Ibrahim924k

Sep 28, 2020
rawalpindi
ok i think i f***ed up because my device is himawhl and if i am correct this build is only for al and wl but still my device manages to boot up and i only face the hot reboot problem if i try to setup a screen lock

edit: if i stay away from screen lock settings my device works like a charm and i can do anything on it like use it normally.

edit 2: i was wondering if i can install the elemental x kernel because it was oficially supported on the sense rom or if there is any kernel available for this particular build.

WizzTech

Jan 26, 2017
SW
the reason why u werent able to boot into twrp was because in the setup process they ask u to update the lieage recovery alogside the os. that option actually corrupts twrp. ad i have tried everything but i am still facing the same problem. I boot into the software without any problem but as soon as i boot up my device hot reboots. still not sure what is the issue.
Didn't think I selected that but you might've been right.

Yesterday I had some stability issues (SD card related - formatting as internal storage).
Formatting the sd card as ext storage and today the device ran all day very stable.

Unfortunately tonight I attempted to replace the battery, in doing so I slightly damaged one of the zifs, and now after putting the device back together, I'm not getting any signs of life.

It vibrated a bit when pressing power at first, but no image on screen whatsoever (plugged to mains obvs), and now no sign at all.

I guess this is goodbye. Thanks for everything and good luck M9ers.

Ps: the computer detects it still.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Friends,
    does support this release encrytion data partition, twrp side too?

Thanks!

David
    Yes
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for Lineage OS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing Lineage OS 18.0 your device?

Coming from a SENSE ROM?

Enable all location services: Settings > Location > (all location services) = On
    Coming from another ROM?

Download the zip(s).
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash LineageOS.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Downloads

Downloads

ROM - https://mirror.codebucket.de/claymore1297/LineageOS/18.1/hima

Google Apps - https://mirror.codebucket.de/claymore1297/GAPPS/

TWRP Recovery (SAR) - https://github.com/CaptainThrowback/android_device_htc_hima/releases

XDA: DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.0, ROM for the HTC One (M9)

Contributors:
    @Claymore1297
    @k4y0z

ROM OS Version: 11 R
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.108
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/Claymore1297/android_kernel_htc_msm8994
    SELinux: enforce

Requirements
    HTC Firmware: 4.x
    TWRP: 3.4.0-0 - with SAR support

special thanks to:
    @root-expert

Version Information

What is working

WiFi
    Bluetooth
    IR
    Camera (including video recording)
    Telephony (Calls, MMS/SMS and Mobile data)
    Audio (Record and Playback)
    Video Playback
    GPS
    NFC

What is not working
    FM Radio

Bug report

Bug reports without a proper description of the issue and a log will be ignored!
    You don't know howto take a log - see here:

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=how to get android logs&p=1&s=g

How to Build

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.0, ROM for the HTC One (M9)

Contributors:
    Claymore1297, k4y0z

Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Created 2020-12-06
    Last Updated 2020-12-06
    #### New build is up!! ####

the build is containing mainly the following:
    -july ASB's
    -minor fixes
    -last Lineage fixes

Enjoy!

-august ASB's
    -SELinux enforcing
    -last Lineage fixes

Enjoy!
    Hello Claymore,

first of all: Thanks so much for keeping our phone alive and absolutely up to date!

I was so excited to install LOS 18.0 and especially was fully convinced to finally get rid of the very annoying "echo in voice calls"-bug.
    I already tested the AICP 16.0 (built 2020-11-15) and it was fixed (as promised ;) (y)) (as already posted here).

So I just installed very very fresh (wiped everything (cache, data, system, yes even the internal storage)) the lineage-18.0-20201206-UNOFFICIAL-hima.zip .

Here it comes: the echo is still there, not fixed !!!!! Oh no :eek:! Do you have any idea what the difference is between aicp and los regarding voice calls? There must be something.
    Changing volume still has no effect even when you put the call on speakers.

Everything else works (as far as I have tested for now) perfectly!

I had so much hope in that....could you please 😇 take another look on this echo in voice calls issue and fix it as on aicp.

Again: Thank you so much for your work.

-march ASB's
    -minor fixes
    -last Lineage fixes

Enjoy!