[ROM] [11.0.0] [perseus] ArrowOS 11.0 [OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES]

Search This thread

DTTR

Jun 27, 2012
Hi there!

I just bought a second hand MiMix3
I needed it for video rendering from my Insta360 One R app. The minimum requirements were Snapdragon 845 so... The cheapest one I found was the MiMix3.

So, I began reading about Root, Recovery and Custom ROMS, all that made me get here.

I have a limited experience on rooting devices (HTC Evo3D, LG G3, LG Gpad 8.3, LG G6) so I'm not noob noob but kinda noob nevertheless.

The device seem to have the Bootloader unlocked.

So that's done.

Now I must install a custom recovery. I've done that before it's not difficult if you have the proper file. It's a simple adb command.

Then... The custom ROM.

Let me see if I got this right.

1. I must FIRST install the 10 Version of this ROM and then the 11 one?

2. Is there a "speed" benefit on going the Custom ROM path? The phone will NOT be a daily driver. I'll keep my MotoZ3Play for that.

3. If all my endeavors fail IS THERE A WAY to write the official Miui back on my device (as I often do on my LG phones)?

If someone can answer the 3 questions I'll be grateful.

Thanks.

D

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lsolis293

Mar 19, 2015
Mexico

first you must install a xiaomi eu the latest version, then you go to recovery, do the necessary wipes and install rom arrow in its latest version

2. Is there a "speed" benefit on going the Custom ROM path? The phone will NOT be a daily driver. I'll keep my MotoZ3Play for that.

judge it yourself by trying

3. If all my endeavors fail IS THERE A WAY to write the official Miui back on my device (as I often do on my LG phones)?

Hi there!

I just bought a second hand MiMix3
I needed it for video rendering from my Insta360 One R app. The minimum requirements were Snapdragon 845 so... The cheapest one I found was the MiMix3.

So, I began reading about Root, Recovery and Custom ROMS, all that made me get here.

I have a limited experience on rooting devices (HTC Evo3D, LG G3, LG Gpad 8.3, LG G6) so I'm not noob noob but kinda noob nevertheless.

The device seem to have the Bootloader unlocked.

So that's done.

Now I must install a custom recovery. I've done that before it's not difficult if you have the proper file. It's a simple adb command.

Then... The custom ROM.

Let me see if I got this right.

first you must install a xiaomi eu the latest version, then you go to recovery, do the necessary wipes and install rom arrow in its latest version

judge it yourself by trying

Yes, how to return to recovery and do the wipes and flasher miui without problems

If someone can answer the 3 questions I'll be grateful.

Thanks.

D

DTTR

Jun 27, 2012
Thanks for the reply.
Is The latest Xiaomi eu version is different from what I have now?

If yes...

How do I install it?

I think that it was question 3 in my original post, the only one which did not get an answer.View attachment 5143005

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Grellenort

Nov 22, 2015
Guide says to have preinstalled global (12.0.1.0) and not EU

1. Guide on first page:
"First installation (Clean flash):
New build required to be on MIUI Q firmware part (Recommended V12.0.1.0)." - its not mentioned global/china or anything
2. User lsolis293 wrote small guide to install arrow os and xiaomi.eu is mentioned. User DTTR asked later about guide to install xiaomi.eu so I answered it.
3. Every guide for perseus about installation Aosp from miui mention about xiaomi.eu installed first before any other custom rom to avoid bootloops.

Grellenort

Nov 22, 2015
Rom is not required. Firmware is, which can be installed separately.
BTW once I tried install this rom on global - bootloop guaranted without xiaomi.eu installed first.

DTTR

Jun 27, 2012
sorry to have caused such a big debate.
my final thoughts: compared to OLD htc and lg devices, my current mi mix 3 is really unfriendly to twrp/custom rom/root.
why do i say this?
the learning curve is SO STEEP that i've decided to leave the phone to STOCK.
what i found?
- the MiPCSuite does not recognize (see) the phone... even if i installed some Mi drivers...
- MiFlash sees the phone if its in fastboot - i guess it needs to be in fastboot in order to flash back the original ROM
- colleagues from this thread redirect me to xiaomi eu... there if i follow the guide for installing the TWRP i cannot install it (if i'm on fastboot and i send the fastboot command nothing happens - if i'm with the phone ON and i send the fastboot command nothing happens) - even though I CAN SEE THE PHONE in adb devices command.

this being said, i thank for your replies but for now i'll keep the phone on the current official ROM even if i really need MORE speed for my device and i thought/hoped the custom rom would give me more speed in order to create my Insta360OneR movies.

i've spent the most of two days on this.... too much for too little.

as an old ROBOT once said "i'll be back".

thanks!

Grellenort

Nov 22, 2015
Look, I uploaded an uncutted video just for you my friend ;)

END OF OFFTOPIC

I dont know why you upload this video. You have installed xiaomi.eu, not global and you install on it arrow just like I said - the safe and recommended way and you are writing all the time that global is required. So whats the point of this video? To proof that I am right or you didnt understand what I was writing?

Last edited:

Patkis_1

Jan 2, 2016
sorry to have caused such a big debate.
my final thoughts: compared to OLD htc and lg devices, my current mi mix 3 is really unfriendly to twrp/custom rom/root.
why do i say this?
the learning curve is SO STEEP that i've decided to leave the phone to STOCK.
what i found?
- the MiPCSuite does not recognize (see) the phone... even if i installed some Mi drivers...
- MiFlash sees the phone if its in fastboot - i guess it needs to be in fastboot in order to flash back the original ROM
- colleagues from this thread redirect me to xiaomi eu... there if i follow the guide for installing the TWRP i cannot install it (if i'm on fastboot and i send the fastboot command nothing happens - if i'm with the phone ON and i send the fastboot command nothing happens) - even though I CAN SEE THE PHONE in adb devices command.

this being said, i thank for your replies but for now i'll keep the phone on the current official ROM even if i really need MORE speed for my device and i thought/hoped the custom rom would give me more speed in order to create my Insta360OneR movies.

i've spent the most of two days on this.... too much for too little.

as an old ROBOT once said "i'll be back".

thanks!

-Dont know where and why you would use MiPCSuite but i has nothing to do with custom roms.
-Miflash only works in fastboot as far as i know, And you can install eu with trwp not with fastboot.
-Dont use boot recovery command when you are flashing trwp thats for other devices not xioami ones. Right command is fastboot flash recovery and recovery that you want to install like twrp 3.4, and then you can boot it to recovery with power and volume +.
Just use the right eu 12.1 rom and you should be fine.
I didint see any special about rooting/custom rom installation on this phone than anyother ones that i had in the past.
Maybe someday you will try again! :)

DTTR

Jun 27, 2012
My original comment was asking 3 questions.
One of them was about if I mess things up is there a way to flash back the original ROM.
This is why I mentioned the MiSuite and the other piece of software.

The .eu forum has links to the proper twrp...
That's the one I intended to flash running exactly the command "copy-pasted" from the thread.

The "what I found out" mention was a conclusion of all the things I found out, with or without connexion to the Custom ROM.

Meanwhile... I'm buying a LG G8S.

And will try to sell the MiMix3.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone