• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] [11.0.0] [polaris] ArrowOS 11.0 [OFFICIAL] [WEEKLY]

Search This thread

P!nK-Panther

Oct 8, 2020
Hi,
I need some help... It´s been a while, since i flashed my device the last time ;)
where do i get the " Q firmware (fw) (MIUI V11.0.3.0 global or more new)". is it the "vendor"-thing? can I install it all out of TWRP?
Thank you all ;)

Berlino

Aug 8, 2012
Hi,
I need some help... It´s been a while, since i flashed my device the last time ;)
where do i get the " Q firmware (fw) (MIUI V11.0.3.0 global or more new)". is it the "vendor"-thing? can I install it all out of TWRP?
Thank you all ;)

For firmware visit: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/polaris and choose V12.0.1.0.QDGMIXM Global.

Custom Roms have their own vendor-partition, after wiping and formatting you can flash the rom in TWRP.

P!nK-Panther

Oct 8, 2020
Well, thanks guys -its working fine!
Which camera mod you recommand? (Im also using Magisk, if that helps)
Is there an other option than Paypal to donate? - Giving 1 $ to Paypal when giving 5 to the developer is not cool...

Berlino

Aug 8, 2012
Tried to flash this while still encrypted ... hitting reboot loop - forever loading of arrow logo (could be because I am on M1803D5XE and not Intntl Version Too?)
What's the best way to permanently unencrypt via TWPR nowadays?
Do I have to install Arrow 10 and then unenecrypt from there?
A++ loading animations - would load again

As written in OP you have to format data partition in TWRP first to unencrypt and avoid bootloop (backup your photos and stuff on pc beforehand).:)

khaosxiii

Feb 26, 2009
As written in OP you have to format data partition in TWRP first to unencrypt and avoid bootloop (backup your photos and stuff on pc beforehand).:)

Yeap - Thanks - if there's a way to decrypt in TWRP plz let me know (I can certainty clear data and copy the rom over via MTP and flash again - junt not sure how to decrypt permanently from TWRP or if there is a way without flashing another stock ROM)

I think my issue is actually somehow related to a recent update to Magisk which actually put me into a bad state after uninstalling it .... Downloading a fastboot ROM for M1803D5XE (CN version of Mix 2S) now ...

Arrow is great - I have really enjoyed the Arrow 10 Version - working excellent! Had Gravity Box running/working there too w/o issue.

Keep up the great work ArrowROM Team - can't wait to get this one installed!

Berlino

Aug 8, 2012
Yeap - Thanks - if there's a way to decrypt in TWRP plz let me know (I can certainty clear data and copy the rom over via MTP and flash again - junt not sure how to decrypt permanently from TWRP or if there is a way without flashing another stock ROM)

You can decrypt in TWRP in wipe section -> FORMAT DATA -> enter "yes"...whole storage will be wiped AND decrypted. Reboot TWRP!

Then transfer rom file and flash it. Arrow boots and storage is still decrypted.

Dev will tell us when Android 11 is ready for running encrypted again in future.

1weirdFish

Apr 12, 2019
Toronto
Have been using this ROM for 3 days as daily driver, I would say most of the functions worked great. Thank you OP for the time and effort you put in for this cutting edge Android R ROM, really appreciated it.

Now, I would like to report 2 bugs, I don't know if it's related to a bad flashing (I followed OP's instruction to the letter) or my phone. First, the in-app notification doesn't work, for example, if you open the built-in phone dialer, and go Settings -> Voicemail -> Notifications, this should bring up the notifications screen, but it doesn't, the phone will wait and wait until it reports app not responding (or it has crashed). Another app I am using gives the same error message, as soon as I click on Notifications from in-app Settings menu.

The second bug is, the built-in messaging app stops working from time to time. Sometimes a text message takes forever to send, a restart fixes it. I have encountered this twice during 3 days, so that's a lot.

Finally is my wish list. I came from LOS 15 world, in the ROM I was using, there is a feature called "Expended Desktop", in which you can choose to hide status/notification bar and/or navigation buttons for one or more apps. I have used it to hide both status/notification bar and navigation buttons while I am in a browser, it's really neat. I know I can hide 3 navigation buttons all together, but I prefer to leave them there most of the time.

Also, I believe most of the ROMs nowadays have the ability to switch the order of navigation keys, I am used to have the back button on the right hand side, is there a place I can switch postions for BACK and RECENT buttons?

Thanks,

Fish

palaych

Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2017
Tula
Update 2020-10-13​

Device Changelog:
  • - Add AOSP RCS packages
  • - Add RRO WifiOverlay
  • - Misc fixes and upstream changes.
Source Changelog:
  • - Merged Oct security patch.
  • - Added battery light customization
  • - Added notification light customization
  • - Moved Gestures and Buttons to Settings dashboard.
  • - Added Heads up tile and blacklist customization.
  • - Added advanced reboot and power menu customization.
  • - Added HwKeys customization.
  • - Added button brightness and backlight.
  • - Added accidental button touch prevention.
  • - Added proximity wake support.
  • - Make every menu in settings expanded by default.
  • - Misc changes and improvements not worth mentioning, please check our gerrit or github

Note

Download: https://downloads.arrowos.net/polaris

stillka

Mar 9, 2008
Presov
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Hi,

I flashed yesterday latest version, so far all looks OK! But I report more after few days of testing....

Thanks!

update:
I am experiencing drops in calls, phone hang the call unexpectedly...

my baseband is:

4.0.c2.6-00335-0707_2231_07d005d

p.s: I updated the firmware to latest stable, lets test...

4.0.c2.6-00335-0803_2229_3c8fca6

p.p.s: problem with calls drops seems to be fixed with the new firmware!

Last edited:

kanapchuna

Oct 16, 2020
Здраствуй))

Не мог бы кто-то подсказать как можно заменить лаунчер от Arrow на обычный PE?
\
Could someone help how I`m can replace the Arrow launcher with a regular PE?

palaych

Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2017
Tula
Update 2020-10-22​

Device Changelog:
  • - Set selinux enforce
  • - Switch R AIDL QCOM PowerHAL
  • - Misc fixes and upstream changes.
Source Changelog:
  • - Merged AOSP r8 tag
  • - ThemePicker improvements from AOSP
  • - Add Soft reboot option
  • - Add an option to hide gestures pill
  • - Allow customizing the length of gesture navbar
  • - Add toggle to enable Lockscreen media
  • - Dark theme mode/ ColorBucket improvements
  • - Make Battery settings/Power Usage more appealing
  • - Enable feature flags for all build variants
  • - UX and UI improvements
  • - Add Dark theme support in AOSP apps like Dialer, messages, and contacts
  • - Add Call recording feature in AOSP Dialer
  • - Improvement and fixes to AOSP DeskClock
  • - Improvements and basic features in Dialer, Keyboard, etc
  • - Remove Black QS statusbar background
  • - Show current and new version on APK installation
  • - New Icons in ThemePicker
  • - Misc changes and improvements not worth mentioning, please check our gerrit or github

Note

Download: https://downloads.arrowos.net/polaris

Top Liked Posts