• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0.0_r1] [BETA] MalluOS 2.0 [surnia]

Search This thread

althafvly

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
May 28, 2014
Malappuram
malluos.png

MalluOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

MalluOS is based on the LineageOS Project with extra contributions from many people within the Mallu Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Our Source code is available in the MalluOS Github repo
Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo.

GPL compliance:

Working:
  • Camera
  • WiFi
  • Battery LED
  • Bluetooth
  • Telephony (Calls and Data)
  • Audio (Record and Playback)
  • Video Playback
  • Sensors

Broken:
  • VoLTE
  • HW crypto
  • Video Recording
  • Maybe more

Features

• Basic LineageOS features
  • Lottie animations

Download links:

Notice:
  • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Format /system,/data and /cache
  • Install MalluOS zip package

Important notes:
  • * Required * firmware version must be based on MM builds.
  • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
  • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if Stockrom was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Telegram Community

Credits & collaborations:
LineageOS team
AOSP
MalluOS Community
CrDroid
AOSPA
Pixel Experience
BlissROM

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][11.0.0_r1] [BETA] MalluOS 2.0 [surnia], ROM for the Moto E 2015

Contributors
althafvly, chil360
Source Code: https://github.com/MalluOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
Based On: Lineage

Version Information

Created 2020-09-30
Last Updated 2020-10-01

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Thank you. Works fine.
People say, there are no working GApps arm 11.0 at the moment
Rooting with magisk canary OK.
Status bar network traffic broken.
WiFi hotspot broken

Last edited:

retiredtab

Nov 16, 2017
Congratulations on getting 11 running on this!

Can you please share your roomservice.xml file from .repo/local_manifests directory so I can see what repos were used to build this?

I want to try to replicate your build on another msm8916 platform device. I could not find a manifest or roomservice.xml on https://github.com/MalluOS

Thank you.

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Excellent work! It's really impressive to see Android 11 running on this phone already. I haven't had any issues with the ROM so far besides a few app crashes here and there. I flashed the latest ARM package of BiTGApps for Android 11 and I can confirm it works.
How did you install? Any boot or wipe between flashes?

juanr96

Feb 1, 2018
Great, very great job! Is incredible that people like you are still developing for this old but fantastic device. I has already installed the rom and is working fine. Congrats and thanks you!

ThePiGuy3141

Nov 22, 2020
Moto E 2015
Samsung Galaxy S8
Very stable although the system clock occasionally malfunctions. I found NixGapps to work the best. Also flash the pixel launcher as the Trebuchet launcher isn't very stable and often crashes. To root, you must use magisk canary (21.0 or later) since the latest stable version (20.4) doesn't support android 11 yet. Bluetooth file transfer is broken and won't accept any files. BT audio works perfectly well. The ROM already supports Google Assistant so no need to force enable it with build.prop.