• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0.0_r19]LineageOS 18.1 for Lenovo K6 Power

Search This thread

Karthick Chandran

Mar 23, 2014
Chennai
lineageos-vector-logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Audio
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Display
  • Encryption (Along with slow boot issues, 40s for normal boot)
  • Face unlock
  • Fingerprint scanner
  • GPS
  • RIL (VoLTE calls, SMS, Data)
  • Safetynet (Without magisk)
  • Sensors
  • Video Playback
  • Wi-Fi

Device specific features:
  • Gestures
  • Keydisabler

Known issues:
  • Nothing critical as of now

Report bugs:
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
  • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel (Ignore):
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

DO NO POST BUGS WITHOUT LOGS AND PROPER STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE

DO NO POST BUGS IF YOU ARE USING CUSTOM KERNEL or ANY MODULE

Follow Instructions Carefully otherwise you will get error :

• Reboot to recovery (Recommended recovery listed in downloads section)
  • Format data if you're coming from Android10 or 9 roms & Wipe cache, dalvik-cache
  • Flash ROM, Gapps 11 arm64 together (Download Gapps from downloads section)
  • Done-Reboot Now
  • Enjoy the clean Rom

Downloads & links:
ROM: karate (read notes below)
RECOVERY: same as the one used for LineageOS-17.1 builds
GAPPS:
NikGApps
SUPPORT: https://t.me/k6_development

Notes:

* Use the recommended recovery
* Decrypt your device by formatting /data if you want to fix slow boot issues)

Source code:
ROM:
https://github.com/ForkLineageOS/android
KERNEL: https://github.com/HyperTeam/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8937/tree/lineage-18.1

CREDITS:
LineageOS
Team Hyper
CAF
Testers (Sorry, I couldn't mention everyone here)

DONATIONS:
Please consider donating if you enjoy my work. It will be used for server expenses, Ty
Paypal donation link: https://www.paypal.me/karthick0698
UPI: [email protected] (do mention device name while donating) PM for any other mode of transaction

Contributors
karthick mostwanted
ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
ROM Firmware Required: Unofficial twrp recovery & latest stock firmware

Version Information

Last edited:

chu121su12

Jun 6, 2015
Thank you for the rom. So far it is working great since I did the install 2 days ago. I jumped from stock rom directly to this and I can't comment for the other LOS releases. I am using Basic NikGApps.

Something really weird when I first install the rom is Nik's wont install directly after rom install. Something about /system cannot be mounted. I had to reboot after rom install to be able to install the GApps.

Boot up is super quick (I wiped /data). Home/task manager animation is jittery but expected. Overall compatibility is great, although Find Device shows this device as Google Pixel 5. Dual sim is working as expected, but I only use the other sim as gsm exclusive recipient. The stock rom sometimes restart both sim (like no signal followed by searcing for network) after/during phone call, so it is much better now. The stock's built in browser & webview was flaky and now it is so much better.

My device's power button is faulty and I wake up my device with the FP sensor/screen double tap. When the screen is timed out, sometimes, if not often, the FP and 2-tap cannot wake up the screen. Not a big deal for me, but I thought I should share anyway.

My question is any help/tutorial on rooting?

So far the one I found is by using Magisk, and the magisk manager shows no ramdisk for this device. I don't really want to do the recovery dance considering the status of the device's hw buttons.

kdm6389

Dec 25, 2014
Deoghar
+Google Pay working,
+IRCTC app is working,
+Yono SBI Lite Banking app is also working
+SafetyNet by passed,

-Scroll QuickTile's Setting not working

Paytm Should work too
can't say about ICICI banking app

+jio SIM working properly (VoLTE)
-but Airtel is unable to call only SMS (this problem also in Stock ROM)
+LTE data is working on Airtel SIM

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210108-130428_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210108-130428_Trebuchet.png
    245.7 KB · Views: 500
  • Screenshot_20210108-130735_SafetyNet_Test.png
    Screenshot_20210108-130735_SafetyNet_Test.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 499
  • Screenshot_20210108-130511_IRCTC_Rail_Connect.png
    Screenshot_20210108-130511_IRCTC_Rail_Connect.png
    184.7 KB · Views: 461
  • Screenshot_20210108-230403_Yono_Lite_SBI.png
    Screenshot_20210108-230403_Yono_Lite_SBI.png
    328.8 KB · Views: 444
  • Screenshot_20210121-130916_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210121-130916_Settings.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 435
  • Screenshot_20201226-111759 - Copy.png
    Screenshot_20201226-111759 - Copy.png
    194 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20201226-111759.png
    Screenshot_20201226-111759.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

EverLost123

Aug 11, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Hi Everyone, just two questions

The install instructions don't mention deleting /system, do i have to be using a stock ROM and then flash this? or whatever ROM i'm using when installing the OS will overwrite everything?

I'm also using the standard K6, is there any difference in the installation process? the phones have identical specs but just asking anyway

HelgolandCrawler

Mar 5, 2021
Thank you for that awesome ROM, it works really well so far for me. The only issue that I have is that apps running in the bakground crash almost every time. For example: i'm listening to spotify (or and other media player, really) and actively use any other app at the same time. In 9 of 10 cases the media player will stop running.
I reckon this issue has been solved for pixel phones using the "Suspend Execution for Cached Apps" option in the developer options, but this feature is not available in this ROM. Also disabling the battery optimization for the crashing apps didn't help either.
Do you guys too have this problem?
Is there a workaround?

Lucascaribe94

Apr 6, 2021
Hello everyone!
Firstly, very thanks to Karthick for the hard work. I'm new in this forum but I use LineageOS 16 on my k33b36 about 1 year Nothing to say about, it works fine to me!

I'm here because I wanted to know if this build works on my k33b36. I'm excited to test it and hope I can help somehow, but my knowledge in this area is very weak...
Anyway, thanks since now!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineageos-vector-logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Display
    • Encryption (Along with slow boot issues, 40s for normal boot)
    • Face unlock
    • Fingerprint scanner
    • GPS
    • RIL (VoLTE calls, SMS, Data)
    • Safetynet (Without magisk)
    • Sensors
    • Video Playback
    • Wi-Fi

Device specific features:
    • Gestures
    • Keydisabler

Known issues:
    • Nothing critical as of now

Report bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel (Ignore):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

DO NO POST BUGS WITHOUT LOGS AND PROPER STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE

DO NO POST BUGS IF YOU ARE USING CUSTOM KERNEL or ANY MODULE

Follow Instructions Carefully otherwise you will get error :

• Reboot to recovery (Recommended recovery listed in downloads section)
    • Format data if you're coming from Android10 or 9 roms & Wipe cache, dalvik-cache
    • Flash ROM, Gapps 11 arm64 together (Download Gapps from downloads section)
    • Done-Reboot Now
    • Enjoy the clean Rom

Downloads & links:
    ROM: karate (read notes below)
    RECOVERY: same as the one used for LineageOS-17.1 builds
    GAPPS:
    NikGApps
    SUPPORT: https://t.me/k6_development

Notes:

* Use the recommended recovery
    * Decrypt your device by formatting /data if you want to fix slow boot issues)

Source code:
    ROM:
    https://github.com/ForkLineageOS/android
    KERNEL: https://github.com/HyperTeam/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8937/tree/lineage-18.1

CREDITS:
    LineageOS
    Team Hyper
    CAF
    Testers (Sorry, I couldn't mention everyone here)

DONATIONS:
    Please consider donating if you enjoy my work. It will be used for server expenses, Ty
    Paypal donation link: https://www.paypal.me/karthick0698
    UPI: [email protected] (do mention device name while donating) PM for any other mode of transaction

Contributors
    karthick mostwanted
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
    ROM Firmware Required: Unofficial twrp recovery & latest stock firmware

Version Information
    Why is SELinux disabled in this version? It was enforcing in the previous ones.
    Why is SELinux disabled in this version? It was enforcing in the previous ones.
    i also curious why?
    To enter recovery after instalation rom, Only form ABD or root?
    *Solved* After the first startup in LineageOS, uncheck something like LineageOS recovery.

Screenshot_20210725-220829_Assistente_de_configuração.png
    faults -
    1. Not able to go to twrp.
    2. both camera giving error : can't cannect to camera fatal error.
    3.can't reset the device.
    4. SELinux also disabled.
    device - k6 power indian version.