kollam
KangOS v11.5.1(Raven) Changelog:
1. Multi Sim Ringtone Selection
2. New 404 IDE Clock
3. Statusbar Notification Counter
4. Sensor Blocking on Apps
5. Navbar disable toggle
6. Clipboard Toast toggle
7. Gboard, googleclock and calanders are now prebuilts in gapps again.

Improvements:
1. New Icon pack implementation
2. Switched to Aosp dialer
3. Individual icon pack selection for individual apps
4. Some live wallpapers are prebuilt now with the inclusion of conveyar belt live wall.
5. Imorovements in launcher
6. Pixel Home animation toggle
7. Fixed that yellow dot on navbar home
8. Fixed navbar related issues
9. Smooth Download Animation

Fixes :
1. Adaptive icon Shape issue Fixed
2. Searchbar in settings disappering issue for some devices
3. some stutters in launcher
4. all apps background and searchbar issue.
5. Gone that shade in launcher dock.
6. Some more minor bug fixes.

Build Date: 26/02/2021

Jan 12, 2018
@sibinsilva
I like this ROM very much, it has all the customization I need.
So I decided to compile it from source, as I always do.
Everything went well until 97%, but then it failed at the metalava docs (system-api-stubs-docs) with the following error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
That means that my computer doesn't have any RAM left but the thing is that there is still plenty of RAM available.
My computer has 8gb RAM plus 8 GB swap but java only uses up to 2.3 gb of RAM to compile the docs, then it stops increasing its RAM usage and after a while it fails with the out of memory error.
I have tried to add export _JAVA_OPTIONS=-Xmx8192m and export JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS=-Xmx8192m in my bashrc but it didn't work
I have tried to increase to export _JAVA_OPTIONS=-Xmx16384m and export JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS=-Xmx16384m, but it didn't work either.
I have increased -Xms limits in the source, still not working.
I have increased the jvmargs in /tools/metalava/gradle.properties, still not working.
I have tried to compile with -j1, still not working.
I have of course googled it, but nothing helped.
How did it go for you when you compiled the ROM?
Any idea or tip to make it work?
Thanks in advance for your reply!!!:)

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
Mississippi
www.google.com
Love this rom, best battery life yet of the ones I've tried.

Small issue. This lockscreen clock sometimes does this. Maybe half of the time. Trying to pinpoint a common thing when it happens, but unable to so far. Not a big deal, thanks for the ROM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210227-090447.png
    Screenshot_20210227-090447.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
Reactions: sibinsilva

tpaasystem

Oct 1, 2012
well.i still have the issue about the fingerprint.the fingerprint don't work anymore after several hours until reboot the device.and issue will happen again and again .11.5 and 11.5.1 both have the same issue.

brianfast

Oct 24, 2009
Milano
[QUOTE = "tpaasystem, post: 84573253, member: 4875117"] good. i still have the problem related to the fingerprint. the fingerprint no longer works after several or until the device is restarted. and the problem will occur again and again. 11.5 and 11.5.1 both have the same problem. [/ QUOTE] the problem is yours alone, my imprint works on both roms, try to check your oneplus

Last edited:

tpaasystem

Oct 1, 2012
[QUOTE = "tpaasystem, post: 84573253, member: 4875117"] good. i still have the problem related to the fingerprint. the fingerprint no longer works after several or until the device is restarted. and the problem will occur again and again. 11.5 and 11.5.1 both have the same problem. [/ QUOTE] the problem is yours alone, my imprint works on both roms, try to check your oneplus
but it works well on the other roms , and i have another issue ,i use two SIM cards, when i switch the mobile data , i must switch to airplane mode firstly and quite ,then i can use the mobile data.

i tried the offical Rom arrows ROM and derpfest Rom all of them didn't have the issus

Last edited:

sibinsilva

Oct 23, 2015
kollam
@sibinsilva
I like this ROM very much, it has all the customization I need.
So I decided to compile it from source, as I always do.
Everything went well until 97%, but then it failed at the metalava docs (system-api-stubs-docs) with the following error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
That means that my computer doesn't have any RAM left but the thing is that there is still plenty of RAM available.
My computer has 8gb RAM plus 8 GB swap but java only uses up to 2.3 gb of RAM to compile the docs, then it stops increasing its RAM usage and after a while it fails with the out of memory error.
I have tried to add export _JAVA_OPTIONS=-Xmx8192m and export JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS=-Xmx8192m in my bashrc but it didn't work
I have tried to increase to export _JAVA_OPTIONS=-Xmx16384m and export JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS=-Xmx16384m, but it didn't work either.
I have increased -Xms limits in the source, still not working.
I have increased the jvmargs in /tools/metalava/gradle.properties, still not working.
I have tried to compile with -j1, still not working.
I have of course googled it, but nothing helped.
How did it go for you when you compiled the ROM?
Any idea or tip to make it work?
Thanks in advance for your reply!!!:)
I doubt if 8GB Ram and swap be sufficient as I had the same issues in past. So I switched to google cloud platform to build the rom from scratch. Probably the best thing to do as it compiles the whole thing in 5 hours. Also GCP give 300$ to new users so its worth a shot.

Reactions: jolebaltringue

sibinsilva

Oct 23, 2015
kollam
well.i still have the issue about the fingerprint.the fingerprint don't work anymore after several hours until reboot the device.and issue will happen again and again .11.5 and 11.5.1 both have the same issue.
I doubt that your device is going to deep sleep mode and maybe staying on deep sleep for several hours may need you to wake the device with volume keys. I personally never experienced this but had this on a rom I used previously.

msappz

Oct 10, 2013
www.msappz.com
I moved to this from crDroid and this is VERY stable. Battery life is also good. VoLTE and VoWiFi are working. Found two issues so far:
1. SMS sending fails, sometimes it works.
2. Work profile is not working. I tried installing NikGapps but I get a blank screen after the rom boots up.

Jan 12, 2018
I doubt if 8GB Ram and swap be sufficient as I had the same issues in past. So I switched to google cloud platform to build the rom from scratch. Probably the best thing to do as it compiles the whole thing in 5 hours. Also GCP give 300$ to new users so its worth a shot.
It's strange because the RAM isn't full when the out of memory error comes...
Anyway, I'll try to find a way, and if I don't then I'll try GCP, thanks for the info:)

tpaasystem

Oct 1, 2012
i still have the issue about switch date card,
for example ,i use the date of card 2,if i switch date to card 1,i have to reboot the device otherwise i can't use the date of card 1.
the call and sms sending work well.

good job,i flash the latest version.that issue doesn't happen any more,thank you very much.

Last edited:

tokariew

Jun 16, 2011
Warsaw
Enabling Smart pixels in Kangie's Lab --> Miscellaneous will result in weird bug. Some menus stop working, most noticeably is permissions manager.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    photo_2021-03-09_14-04-24.jpg

Code:
     I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD card or anything happens with your device. Flash on your own risk/knowledge.

KangOS :
    Yet Another cherry-picked Custom ROM
    Official build for Oneplus 5T [Dumpling]
    About-Project.png

Kang OS is inspired from our well known project called AOKP(Android Open Kang Project).The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). Here we will be kanging all best & useful features from many Custom Roms by considering max performance and stability. Currently, with new update we have released lots of customizations and features with our own touch. So Now All are Kanged.

features.png

1.Customization Section

2.Theming & Features Section

instructions.png

Clean Flash (If coming from a different ROM) :
    Go to Recovery (TWRP or OrangeFox)
    Wipe data, cache, Dalvik, System and vendor.
    Flash KangOS ROM zip file
    Flash Magisk(if you prefer to root)
    Boot your Kang OS

Thanks-to.png

AOSP Team
    Dirty Unicorns
    Project Awaken
    LineageOS
    Revenge OS Team
    AOKP Team
    AOSiP Team
    All other Devs/ROMs
    our-team.png

• Android OS version: 11.0.0_r31
    • Security patch level: March 2021
    • ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    • ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS 10.0.1
    Special thanks to KangOS devs and testers.

Last Updated: 09/03/2021

@sibinsilva
    I got it working on my laptop by adding
    Flag("-J-Xmx6114m").
    at line 1477 in build/soong/java/droiddoc.go (I found the commit on the lineageos gerrit).
    It took 9 hours but it's OK, I have time:)
    FYI:
    As you know, the selinux status doesn't display properly in the about phone section.
    I saw that you made an edit about it in SelinuxStatusPreferenceController.java, but it doesn't really fix it.
    If you want to fix it for good just remove these lines in vendor/etc/init/hw/init.target.rc and that's it :
    on boot
    # selinux nodes, hide permissive state
    chmod 0640 /sys/fs/selinux/enforce
    chmod 0440 /sys/fs/selinux/policy
    KangOS v11.5.1(Raven) Changelog:
    1. Multi Sim Ringtone Selection
    2. New 404 IDE Clock
    3. Statusbar Notification Counter
    4. Sensor Blocking on Apps
    5. Navbar disable toggle
    6. Clipboard Toast toggle
    7. Gboard, googleclock and calanders are now prebuilts in gapps again.

Improvements:
    1. New Icon pack implementation
    2. Switched to Aosp dialer
    3. Individual icon pack selection for individual apps
    4. Some live wallpapers are prebuilt now with the inclusion of conveyar belt live wall.
    5. Imorovements in launcher
    6. Pixel Home animation toggle
    7. Fixed that yellow dot on navbar home
    8. Fixed navbar related issues
    9. Smooth Download Animation

Fixes :
    1. Adaptive icon Shape issue Fixed
    2. Searchbar in settings disappering issue for some devices
    3. some stutters in launcher
    4. all apps background and searchbar issue.
    5. Gone that shade in launcher dock.
    6. Some more minor bug fixes.

Build Date: 26/02/2021
    Does this rom include Smart Charging functionality?
    Couldn't find it mentioned in the features and customization lists.

Thanks for your great work!
    Screenshot_20210217-064803_Settings.png

The option is available in settings -> battery -> Smart Charging
    I purchased this for a friend to hook up a router to his phone with usb tethering

uni-usb-c-usb-c-to-ethernet-adapter-gray-15230221090879.jpg

Before giving it to him, I decided to test it by hooking up my router to my phone. USB Tethering stayed grayed out and couldn't be enabled. I then tried it on my girlfriends OP6+ stock and it also stayed grayed out. Am I doing something wrong? Did I buy the wrong one? I saw some Android phones listed in the description for compatibility, so I kind of figured it would just work.

Sorry for the dumb, not related to the ROM question.

Probably its the cable as USB tethering works fine on the On
    @sibinsilva
    I got it working on my laptop by adding
    Flag("-J-Xmx6114m").
    at line 1477 in build/soong/java/droiddoc.go (I found the commit on the lineageos gerrit).
    It took 9 hours but it's OK, I have time:)
    FYI:
    As you know, the selinux status doesn't display properly in the about phone section.
    I saw that you made an edit about it in SelinuxStatusPreferenceController.java, but it doesn't really fix it.
    If you want to fix it for good just remove these lines in vendor/etc/init/hw/init.target.rc and that's it :
    on boot
    # selinux nodes, hide permissive state
    chmod 0640 /sys/fs/selinux/enforce
    chmod 0440 /sys/fs/selinux/policy
    Thanks for the suggestion. I was trying to find the culprit but couldn't get around it till now.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone