• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0.0_r35]LineageOS 18.1 for Realme X2 Pro (RMX1931/CN)[UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Uqbar

Aug 17, 2009
Regnum Utriusque Siciliæ
This is the problem. Always remove encryption and also the google account before flashing.

[UPDATE!] read below

At recovery boo I get the usual: "Enter Password for User [0]".

I hit "CANCEL" , then wipe Dalvik, Cache, System, Data and Internal storage:

Attempting to decrypt user 0 Failed to decrypt with default password. You may need to perform a Format Data. Updating partition details ... .... done. Full SELinux support is present. Wiping Cache and Dalvik... -- Dalvik Cache Directories Wipe Complete! Formatting Cache using mke2fs... Done. Wiping data without wiping /data/media ... Done. Wiping internal storage -- /data/media... Error opening: '/data/media' (No such file or directory) Updating partition details... ... done

If I reboot to recovery I get again the usual: "Enter Password for User [0]".
So I give the password I knew but it fails.
So, I am pretty sure I need to format Data.
I hit "Cancel", "Wipe" and "Format Data". And "yes". I get this:

Attempting to decrypt user 0... Failed to decrypt user 0 Unable to decrypt with default password. You may need to perform a Format Data. Updating partition details ... .... done. Attempting to decrypt FBE for user 0... Failed to decrypt user 0 Full SELinux support is present. Wiping Cache and Dalvik... -- Dalvik Cache Directories Wipe Complete! Formatting Cache using mke2fs... mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/sda16 60301043 process ended with ERROR: 1 Unable to wipe Data. Unable to format to remove encryption. Updating partition details... Failed to mount '/data' (Device or resource busy) ... done

If I go on adb shell and run the same mke2fs command I get this:

RMX1931CN:/ # mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/sda16 mke2fs 1.43.3 (04-Sep-2016) /dev/block/sda16 is apparently in use by the system; will not make a filesystem here!

And here I keep staying stuck... :-(

[UPDATE #1]
Not anymore! :)

From adb shell I saw that /data is mounted from /dev/block/dm-0 not from /dev/block/sda16.
So I did umount /data and then run that mke2fs command over /dev/block/dm-0.
Then rebooted to recovery once more.
Now my phone doesn't require any password to decrypt any partition.
Back on the saddle now.

[UPDATE #2]
I have pushed a LOS and a NickGapps zips and I finally have been able to install and reboot!
Mission accomplished!

[UPDATE #3]
Not finished yet. The phone is now encrypted, but I don't know the password!!!
This is a nightmare!

[UPDATE #4]
Reinstall everything and setup your PIN at the very first boot/setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brainstorm85

Schumanzuar

Apr 3, 2017
No change.

I would like to wipe everything and remove encryption (TWRP 3.5.2_9-0). But it seems I cannot do it...
Previous installation was encrypted and I suspect this could be the problem,.
If your encryption was a pattern you can unlock by naming the position by number 1 to 9 or 0 to 8 try both since the pattern could be 0-8 or 1-9 in 3x3 pattern

You can do this through cmd or through Orangefox recovery's terminal: code is::

adb shell twrp decrypt DECRYPT_CODE

Example if your pattern was a normal c pattern the code would be 2145 or 1034

More information here:

Last edited:
Reactions: Uqbar

Uqbar

Aug 17, 2009
Regnum Utriusque Siciliæ
If your encryption was a pattern you can unlock by naming the position by number 1 to 9 or 0 to 8

You can do this through cmd or through Orangefox recovery's terminal adb shell twrp decrypt DECRYPT_CODE

The problem is that TWRP is trying to wipe /dev/block/sda16 for /data instead of /dev/block/dm-0.
I did that by hand via adb and I solved.

[WARNING]
Moreover, whenever you *DON'T* setup your pin at the first boot (LOS initial setup), it will choose a random encryption key you won't ever know and you will be forced to reset encryption altogether.

Schumanzuar

Apr 3, 2017
Not sure about wi
The problem is that TWRP is trying to wipe /dev/block/sda16 for /data instead of /dev/block/dm-0.
I did that by hand via adb and I solved.

[WARNING]
Moreover, whenever you *DON'T* setup your pin at the first boot (LOS initial setup), it will choose a random encryption key you won't ever know and you will be forced to reset encryption altogether.
Not sure about wiping reset etc but if you were on a previous build and tried to clean flash a new build but forgot to remove pattern and your phone got encrypted, then you can follow the above method to decrypt the phone

Reactions: Uqbar

Uqbar

Aug 17, 2009
Regnum Utriusque Siciliæ
Not sure about wi

Not sure about wiping reset etc but if you were on a previous build and tried to clean flash a new build but forgot to remove pattern and your phone got encrypted, then you can follow the above method to decrypt the phone

I am not totally new to the "flashing world". I own my X2 Pro since some time now and have flashed (both clean- and dirty-) LOS several times. But now I had a new TWRP version (never used OrangeFox) that has been failing in "Formatting Data" . This has nothing to do with a new release of LOS but rather with a new release of TWRP.

By mistake I flashed NickGApps-full so I needed a clean install. Then I forgot to setup the PIN at the first boot.
Then I found the bug in TWRP. I think none sane enough would like to test this bug, though.
But my manual intervention via ADB fixed the problem.

Reactions: Schumanzuar

johnnyjoe

Jun 3, 2011
I was having random reboots, it got way better with latest 2 builds. Now, I can run for days without a reboot. Anyone else with this issues, is it rom related or just me?

thenav33n

Mar 27, 2013
I was having random reboots, it got way better with latest 2 builds. Now, I can run for days without a reboot. Anyone else with this issues, is it rom related or just me?
I still have random reboot. some times after few days, sometimes many in one day. Tried everything even fresh install twice. I thought it was my device specific only. Do post if you find a solution, I will do the same

Edit : I am using Nikgapps basic now. Earlier was using full, i was thinking it was the pixel launcher causing random reboots, but it seems that is not the case.

Reactions: johnnyjoe

jrelo79

May 13, 2021
Hello everyone!

I have just got a Realme X2 Pro from a friend of mine and he gave it to me with this version of Lineage.

Well, the system works propertly most of the time, but I am having reboots... but ONLY during the night. I usually enable Airplane Mode during the night and it is under these circumstances when I get the reboots. I was trying and I always had reboots when a only disable data + wifi. If I let the mobile with data and wifi, there are no reboots.

Any idea? Someone else?

On the other hand, I used Lineage wiht other mobiles, but always the OFFICIAL version. So, I could update the system of those other mobiles via OTA each several days (nightlies). This is the first time I use an un-official versión and I don't get updates via OTA (the updater says to me that there is no updates).

I would like if it is not possible to update this version of Lineage via OTA (and the updater will always say "No updates") or they are less frequent than in the official versions but, in the end, they will finally appear in the updater.

Thanks!!

EDIT: at this time, I have LineageOS Version 18.1-20210406-UNOFFICIAL-RMX1931

Last edited:

vlnt9

Feb 24, 2014
lineageos-vector-logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Audio
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Display
  • Encryption
  • Face unlock
  • Fingerprint scanner
  • GPS
  • NFC
  • RIL (VoLTE calls, SMS, Data)
  • Safetynet (Without magisk)
  • Sensors
  • Video Playback
  • Wi-Fi

Device specific features:
  • Smart Charging. check Settings -> Realme Settings
  • DC dimming (flicker free feature). check Settings -> Realme Settings
  • sRGB mode. check Settings -> Realme Settings
  • Game mode (touch boost & performance mode). check Settings -> Realme Settings
  • Buttons/toggle for display hz (forced, 6hz & 90hz). check Settings -> Realme Settings
  • Screen off gestures. check Settings -> system -> touchscreen gestures
  • Ambient gestures (AOD, Pickup, handwave & pocket). check Settings -> Display -> Lockscreen display -> Ambient display

Known issues:
  • Nothing critical as of now

Report bugs:
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
  • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel (Ignore):
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

DO NO POST BUGS WITHOUT LOGS AND PROPER STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE

DO NO POST BUGS IF YOU ARE USING CUSTOM KERNEL or ANY MODULE

Follow Instructions Carefully otherwise you will get error :

• Reboot to recovery (Recommended recovery listed in downloads section)
  • Format data, Wipe cache & dalvik-cache
  • Flash ROM, Gapps 11 arm64 together (Download Gapps from downloads section)
  • Done-Reboot Now
  • Enjoy the clean Rom

Downloads:
ROM:
Realme X2 Pro (RMX1931)
RECOVERY:OrangeFox A11
GAPPS: NikGApps | BiTGApps

Notes:
* Use the recommended recovery
* Use only pattern for lockscreen, rest methods will cause issues with recovery failing to decrypt data

Source code:
ROM: https://github.com/ForkLineageOS/android
KERNEL: https://github.com/HyperTeam/android_kernel_realme_sm8150/tree/lineage-17.1

CREDITS:
LineageOS
Team Hyper
CAF
Testers (Sorry, I couldn't mention everyone here)
Special thanks to Donors for donating me the device :highfive:

DONATIONS:
Please consider donating if you enjoy my work. It will be used for server expenses, Ty
Paypal donation link: https://www.paypal.me/karthick0698
UPI: [email protected] (do mention device name while donating) PM for any other mode of transaction

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS-18.0 for Realme X2 Pro, ROM for the Realme X2 Pro

Contributors
karthick mostwanted
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: RealmeUI firmware & Ofox Android 11 recovery

Version Information
Beta

Created 2020-10-16
Last Updated 2020-11-27
Please excuse my incompetence in the first place. I am totally new at these. I have already searched and figured out how to unlock bootloader and flash recovery.
I have two questions regarding this.

1. My device is running coloros v7 about info shows RMX1931EX. I think its not CN. Will this work on my device?

2. On some articles about Flashing recovery they suggest another file flashing called vbameta.img. I am not seeing it here is it not necessary?

3. Is it mandatory to flash magisk to use this rom?

Thanks in advance for your answer and really appreciate your efforts to help people.

Last edited:

Mryeyey

Apr 2, 2020
Hello everyone!

I have just got a Realme X2 Pro from a friend of mine and he gave it to me with this version of Lineage.

Well, the system works propertly most of the time, but I am having reboots... but ONLY during the night. I usually enable Airplane Mode during the night and it is under these circumstances when I get the reboots. I was trying and I always had reboots when a only disable data + wifi. If I let the mobile with data and wifi, there are no reboots.

Any idea? Someone else?

On the other hand, I used Lineage wiht other mobiles, but always the OFFICIAL version. So, I could update the system of those other mobiles via OTA each several days (nightlies). This is the first time I use an un-official versión and I don't get updates via OTA (the updater says to me that there is no updates).

I would like if it is not possible to update this version of Lineage via OTA (and the updater will always say "No updates") or they are less frequent than in the official versions but, in the end, they will finally appear in the updater.

Thanks!!

EDIT: at this time, I have LineageOS Version 18.1-20210406-UNOFFICIAL-RMX1931
Happens to me too where the phone reboots at night but with a different ROM. I am using POSP(Potato Open Sauce Project) v4.1.3+12 unofficial 202100409. I also have no idea. It only happens to android 11 custom roms I think because I didnt have this issue when I used LOS 17.1

jrelo79

May 13, 2021
Thank you very much for answering. Well, we will keep on waiting for the solution in some future update then... Please, let me know if you finally find the way to solve the problem.

Lirax21

Oct 25, 2020
I have problems with WiFi.

I explain:
in my work we have a network with the EAP / PEAP method, the problem lies in "CA certificate" it does not allow me to bypass it, on other phones it does.
I hope you can support me.

Screenshot_20210526-173539190.jpg

Last edited:

saenta

Mar 17, 2008
Hi, was Somebody able to get USB OTG working on latest release?
I have a FLIR ONE PRO at work and was trying to get it to work.
Thank you!

Roll_up

Apr 20, 2020
Currently there are 5 problems that I experienced:

1. You cannot set different lockscreen and home screen wallpapers.
2. When you skip media audio, AudioFX stops working. And then when I skip a number of time again in hope that it starts working, it does. It always does this, whenever I skip. It was in previous builds too. Once in LOS 17 when motorola one was used, this problem disappeared, else it has always been there.
3. To get the option of file transfer with USB, you have to first enable USB debugging in developers settings and then option appears. (This problem was in all previous builds except for the last build, i.e. 3rd May build)
4. It asks for certificate while connecting to wifi, which you have to get from laptop and import.
5. If you search a file in explorer, it won't show anything.Not only that, it won't show any file or folder after that. Then you have to go back and refresh.(This has always been there in LOS 18.1, along with double tap to wake problem. So I think it is a LOS problem)

Last edited:
Reactions: axellll08

johnnyjoe

Jun 3, 2011
Hi! Reboots were getting better, only soft reboots. Dirty flashed the latest build (from june) and it got worst. Now I've experienced hard reboots. It got to recovery. Is there any guide so I can take logs and send them to dev? Thanks! : )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update for LineageOS-18.1 RMX1931/CN

CHANGELOGS:

1. Merged OOS network indicator
    2. Merged font engine
    3. Merged g visual mod
    4. Merged navigation bar length and radius

Clean flash is always recommended / Dirty flash works though if you're on previous lineage-18.1 build

As usual download links in OP
    Thanks to the testers & contributors
    The latest release was rebooting randomly, so I went back to two release back.
    BTW, I've experienced that Nand Backup with TWRP/OrangeFox are not able to restore successfully. Is it only me, or other's have similar experience?
    RealMe X2Pro finally updated to Android 11, mere months before 12 is due. Looks like RealMe will either dawdle for another year before they upgrade to 12, or more likely they they won't bother.

I've been following the thread and it seems like most things in Los for Android 11 appear to be working, but I am concerned that if I switch I'll lose the ability to access my banking apps, or the access will be there, but the fingerprint access won't be.

Also wondering if it's best to wait for Los for Android 12 to come out before switching, or whether it's safer to switch to 11 first, then upgrade to 12 when it's ready.

If anyone has any opinions or information about the best course to take, I'd be very grateful. Thank you
    lineageos-vector-logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Display
    • Encryption
    • Face unlock
    • Fingerprint scanner
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • RIL (VoLTE calls, SMS, Data)
    • Safetynet (Without magisk)
    • Sensors
    • Video Playback
    • Wi-Fi

Device specific features:
    • Smart Charging. check Settings -> Realme Settings
    • DC dimming (flicker free feature). check Settings -> Realme Settings
    • sRGB mode. check Settings -> Realme Settings
    • Game mode (touch boost & performance mode). check Settings -> Realme Settings
    • Buttons/toggle for display hz (forced, 6hz & 90hz). check Settings -> Realme Settings
    • Screen off gestures. check Settings -> system -> touchscreen gestures
    • Ambient gestures (AOD, Pickup, handwave & pocket). check Settings -> Display -> Lockscreen display -> Ambient display

Known issues:
    • Nothing critical as of now

Report bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel (Ignore):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

DO NO POST BUGS WITHOUT LOGS AND PROPER STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE

DO NO POST BUGS IF YOU ARE USING CUSTOM KERNEL or ANY MODULE

Follow Instructions Carefully otherwise you will get error :

• Reboot to recovery (Recommended recovery listed in downloads section)
    • Format data, Wipe cache & dalvik-cache
    • Flash ROM, Gapps 11 arm64 together (Download Gapps from downloads section)
    • Done-Reboot Now
    • Enjoy the clean Rom

Downloads:
    ROM:
    Realme X2 Pro (RMX1931)
    RECOVERY:OrangeFox A11
    GAPPS: NikGApps | BiTGApps

Notes:
    * Use the recommended recovery
    * Use only pattern for lockscreen, rest methods will cause issues with recovery failing to decrypt data

Source code:
    ROM: https://github.com/ForkLineageOS/android
    KERNEL: https://github.com/HyperTeam/android_kernel_realme_sm8150/tree/lineage-17.1

CREDITS:
    LineageOS
    Team Hyper
    CAF
    Testers (Sorry, I couldn't mention everyone here)
    Special thanks to Donors for donating me the device :highfive:

DONATIONS:
    Please consider donating if you enjoy my work. It will be used for server expenses, Ty
    Paypal donation link: https://www.paypal.me/karthick0698
    UPI: [email protected] (do mention device name while donating) PM for any other mode of transaction

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS-18.0 for Realme X2 Pro, ROM for the Realme X2 Pro

Contributors
    karthick mostwanted
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: RealmeUI firmware & Ofox Android 11 recovery

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2020-10-16
    Last Updated 2020-11-27

CHANGELOGS:

1. Fixed BT media audio

Clean flash is always recommended / Dirty flash works though if you're on previous lineage-18.1 build

CHANGELOGS:

1. Lineage upstream
    2. March security patch
    3. Asus stitchimage (long screenshot)
    4. Updated kernel from kernel_common/android-4.14-stable
    5. Updated kernel to CAF tag: LA.UM.9.1.r1-08600-SMxxx0.0
    6. RealmeSettings improvements
    7. Disabled auto brightness by default
    8. SELinux is Enforcing now 🔥
    9. Misc changes & cleanup
    10. Fixed HDR issues

CHANGELOGS:

1. Added more accents from Aospa
    2. Use PixelDocumentsUIGoogleOverlay
    3. Fixed 15 second timer for applock
    4. OOS style all clear button
    5. Updated device configs from proton aosp
    6. Allow to edit/remove/add tile with one click
    7. Faster app switching
    8. Add time spent in app in app settings from Wellbeing
    9. Use 4 rows in qs
    10. added immersive navigation
    11. added option to enable media art blur on lockscreen
    12. added dead zone in gesture settings
    13. Probably single tap vibration should be better now
    14. Fixed some minor stutters (was noticeable on 60hz)
    15. Misc changes

CHANGELOGS:
    1. Decemeber security patch
    2. Lineage upstream (updates from lineage team)
    3. Swipe to screenshot
    4. Data switch QS tile
    5. CTS passed by default
    6. Gesture navigation fixes
    7. Enabled AOSP LMKD
    8. Improvements to Smart Charging
    9. Ability to enable Smooth Display for Refresh Rate QS tile
    10. Sticky notification if Game Mode is Enabled
    11. Updated blobs from C34
    12. bumped vendor security patch level
    13. Fix Refresh Rate 90hz not being applied in first boot
    14. Better haptics
    15. Enabled adaptive color mode
    16. Misc changes

Clean flash is always recommended / Dirty flash works though if you're on previous lineage-18.0 build