0CwUbOx.png

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Read the whole OP! Be respectful to each other and don't ask for ETAs, it's considered as being rude!

AA1Rh7c.png

AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX experience with useful customizations. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth experience. We have added useful customizations from various other open-source projects and have tried to keep our things simple. A ROM by a user, for a user. #BeExtended

LXtiYrB.png

#ExtendYourDevice Here are the Extensions! on top of AOSP! We are constantly trying to update the list. Our aim is not to provide all the features available on earth. We aim to add important features that we think should be here and also what you think. For the addition of more tweaks or features, head on to our Telegram community and post the list of features that you want! Features with commits will be more helpful!

Rich (BB code):
-ADB Root
-AEXPapers - our wallpaper app.
-AOSP Font Engine.
-Adaptive Playback.
-Additional Battery Saver steps.
-Advanced Ambient Display Customizations.
-Applock support.
-Auto-Brightness Icon Toggle.
-Battery Bar.
-Battery Styles and Percentage.
-Battery/Notification Light Customisations.
-Button Backlight Customizations.
-CPU Info Overlay.
-Camera Sound Toggle.
-Carrier Labels.
-Clock area visibility toggle.
-Configurable Audio Panel Location.
-Custom Pattern Lock Sizes (3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6).
-Custom QS styles (ambient_display,aod,caffeine,compass,cpuinfo,dataswitch,fpsinfo,gaming,heads_up,mono,music,reboot,screenshot,smartpixels,sound,soundsearch,sync,theme,usb_tether,volume_panel,vpn).
-Customize QS Rows/Columns.
-Customize small QS Tiles.
-Customizable rounded corner radius.
-DT2S On Statusbar, Lockscreen and Homescreen.
-DT2W When Locked Device.
-Detailed Location QS Tile.
-Disable QS on Secured Lockscreen.
-DuckDuckGo Browser.
-Etar (Calendar App)
-Extended Volume Panel.
-FPS Info.
-Face Unlock
-Fingerprint Gestures Support.
-Flashlight Notifications.
-Flip Button Animation.
-Force Expand Notifications (Enable/Disable).
-Gaming Mode.
-HW Key Customisation.
-Heads Up Customizations.
-Hide Clock/Date/Alarm Text from Lockscreen.
-In-Call Vibrations Options.
-Increasing Volume in Ringtone.
-Kill App Button in Notification Row.
-LS Visualiser with Customisations.
-Less Boaring Headsup.
-Lineage Livedisplay
-Lineage Touch Hal
-Lockscreen Charging.
-Lockscreen Clock Styles.
-Lockscreen Shortcut.
-Long Press Gear Icon in Statusbar Header Launches Extensions.
-Long press Caffeine Tile Action.
-Long-press Power Button on Lockscreen for Torch.
-Music Player Go.
-MIUI volume style plugin.
-Navigation Bar Toggle and Customisations.
-Notch city support.
-One Tap Data & Wifi Tile.
-Option to mute Media with Gesture.
-Per app WiFi, Data & VPN restrictions.
-Per app network restrictions.
-Permission Manager.
-Pixel's UI and Ringtones.
-POSP's volume style plugin.
-Pocket Lock/Pocket Judge.
-Power Menu Customizations.
-QS Brightness Slider (Enable/Disable).
-QS Quick Pulldown.
-QS Tile Styles.
-QS Tiles Animations.
-Quick Access Wallet
-Quick Unlock for PIN/Password.
-Run SysUI tuner from Extensions.
-Show 4G instead of LTE switch.
-Smart Pixels.
-Smart Charging Support.
-StatusBar Brightness Control/Swap.
-Statusbar Date Customizations.
-Statusbar Traffic Indicators.
-Themes and Accents.
-Toast Icon.
-Toggle Lockscreen Media Art and Blur Customisation.
-Toggle Power Menu on Secured Lockscreen.
-Toggle for FP with Vibration.
-Toggle for QS Footer Warnings.
-Unlink Notification Volume.
-VPN with tethered connection.
-Volume Rocker Tweaks (Wake/Music seek/Keyboard cursor control/Swap in landscape mode).

And many more coming in the future! Many #Extended features are added in each update and we might miss out adding new ones to this list. 
So always keep on checking the latest changelog on our Official Blog, and there you can monitor the previous changelogs as well, to see how far we have come!

d6IoG5C.png

Download ROM here for your device!

GUACAMOLE

lID1jJJ.png

Want to try this awesomeness?

Rich (BB code):
- Make sure you are on latest OOS firmware before flashing.
* Reboot to fastboot mode
* Flash recovery img
* Reboot to recovery
* Format data (aex supports both f2fs/ext4 so you can select either of the two)
* Apply update via adb sideload
* Reboot to system

OPTIONAL (To lock BL):-

* Reboot to bootloader
* fastboot flash avb_custom_key avb_custom_key.img
* fastboot oem lock (This will erase data)

9IoRPPA.png

Monitor the changelog here!

Rich (BB code):
 AospExtended v8.5 Changelog
Rich (BB code):
  • Merge August security patch 11.0.0_r40
  • Update all of our packages
  • Update our pre-built packages
  • Update some translations
  • Add our new stock wallpaper
  • Add per-app volume control
  • Add rounded corner styles
  • Add clock customizations
  • Add new lock screen clocks
  • Add more switch styles
  • Add icon pack support in launcher
  • Add colored status bar icons
  • Add notification header hide toggle
  • Add centred notification toggle
  • Add immersive navigation
  • Allow to hide in call UI in gaming mode
  • Add FOD icon/animation customisations
  • Add themepicker (Styles and Wallpaper) app with our theme support
  • Improve face unlock
  • Improve data usage info
  • Improve volume panel
  • Improve offline charging animation
  • Improve stock launcher
  • Improve pocket lock
  • Improve app lock
  • Improve themes & customisations extensions UI
  • Bug fixes and performance improvements

upJwfar.png

If you want any bug to be fixed please write here on xda in detail. Give Logcats, mention your device name, mention if any mods and kernels, if used and please be specific about it. By helping us, you are helping yourself too.

->How to take Logcats?
https://goo.gl/UcTM9 and https://goo.gl/J4CSEP

COh4x0F.png

Visit our Website. Subscribe to our Telegram Channel. Also join our Telegram Group Chat!

Want to translate to your language? Visit our Crowdin

Want to contribute to the development of this ROM?
Checkout our Github and Gerrit

YbLPNze.png

People behind this amazing ROM!

-@ishubhamsingh(Owner/Dev/Designer)
-JDC Team
-DirtyUnicorns
-LineageOS/Cyanogenmod
-TeamSubstratum
-Nitrogen Project
-Pure Nexus
-OmniROM
-AOSPA
-ABC ROM
-GZOSP Community
-Johan Söderholm for DuckDuckGo Browser
-Enrico D'Ortenzio for Music Player Go
-@AlienCreature7, @Wizper99, @Allstargaurav, @Edozullo and @harsh sharma (For designing the ROM Logo, Fling etc)

SQp1iY6.png

I guess there is nothing wrong in reading facts!

-Why no "Incremental/Delta updates" Support?
->The updates we provide monthly are heavily changed and modified than the previous builds. New stuff is merged and added. So we don't provide incremental updates and recommend a clean flash.

-How do I root this ROM?
->We recommend Magisk

-Will this ROM relock the bootloader?
->No.

-When Will Be the Next Update?
->No ETAs, please. ROM Will be updated whenever the new build is ready by your maintainer. We generally provide monthly updates with the latest security patches and new features.

-Adaway is not working :(
->Download it from here Adaway

-SElinux Linux mode changer app is not working nor Busy Box installer app is working.
->Everything is good with the sources. You should try other things first and then contact your maintainer.

Last edited:

ishubhamsingh

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Download latest build

Code:
===========================
     AospExtended v8.5

- Enable FOD icons and animations
- Updated blobs from OOS 11.0.2.1

For more detailed ROM side changes, check :- https://blog.aospextended.com/AospExtended-v8.5/

STEPS:-

Reboot to fastboot mode
Flash recovery img
Reboot to recovery
Format data (aex supports both f2fs/ext4 so you can select either of the two)
Apply update via adb sideload
Reboot to system

Reboot to bootloader
fastboot flash avb_custom_key avb_custom_key.img
fastboot oem lock (This will erase data)

Last edited:

acbdo6

Jun 3, 2019
Very smooth. Amazing job for the moment. Looking forward to testing the next build!

edit: sometimes double tap doesn't work properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: ishubhamsingh

Toutatis_

Oct 3, 2012
Very smooth. Amazing job for the moment. Looking forward to testing the next build!

edit: sometimes double tap doesn't work properly.

Double tap to wake has always been hit and miss on custom ROMs as far as I'm concerned. No issue so far with AOSP Extended but it'll probably fail sometimes too. Will see.

Very good ROM regardless!

uuunwired

Jun 16, 2021
Great work from dev. My only issue is when you head to Settings > Extensions > Statusbar > Misc Extensions for the first time, the rounded corner antialiasing overlays suddenly disappear and become all jaggedy and that stuff, probably because of the corners setting down at the very bottom of that page. Might as well nuke it completely as our device already has moderately rounded corners and is fundamentally useless

This issue persists through reboots

Would also be great if there are any ways to solve this problem without formatting the entire device.

Logs if needed vvv

Update 06-17-2021:
If you get this issue, untick Use framework values in misc extensions and run this from adb shell or rooted termux shell and corners will return to normal
Code:
settings put secure sysui_rounded_size -1

Last edited:

WesTD

Nov 22, 2013
Çanakkale
OnePlus 9 Pro
i couldnt install this rom. i am on dotOS. i used it's recovery but when i try to sideload i get status 1 error.

edit: i flashed with fastboot and it booted fine.

Last edited:

acbdo6

Jun 3, 2019
There's something that I don't know if it happens to anyone. When you block any app with the native applock (for example whatsapp, telegram or youtube), if you share a link on you browser, fingerprint disappears very quickly and doesn't let me to share. Thanks in advanced and amazing job.

Last edited:

ishubhamsingh

Great work from dev. My only issue is when you head to Settings > Extensions > Statusbar > Misc Extensions for the first time, the rounded corner antialiasing overlays suddenly disappear and become all jaggedy and that stuff, probably because of the corners setting down at the very bottom of that page. Might as well nuke it completely as our device already has moderately rounded corners and is fundamentally useless

This issue persists through reboots

Would also be great if there are any ways to solve this problem without formatting the entire device.

Logs if needed vvv

Update 06-17-2021:
If you get this issue, untick Use framework values in misc extensions and run this from adb shell or rooted termux shell and corners will return to normal
Code:
settings put secure sysui_rounded_size -1

Gotta say, you really have sharp eyes, it took me a while to understand what you were pointing out. Will drop that feature from next build. Thanks.

ishubhamsingh

There's something that I don't know if it happens to anyone. When you block any app with the native applock (for example whatsapp, telegram or youtube), if you share a link on you browser, fingerprint disappears very quickly and doesn't let me to share. Thanks in advanced and amazing job.
Ok, will check.

ishubhamsingh

i couldnt install this rom. i am on dotOS. i used it's recovery but when i try to sideload i get status 1 error.

edit: i flashed with fastboot and it booted fine.
Ok glad you solved it, i'll include aex's recovery from next release, for easier flashing and also to make sure that OTAs don't mess up the recovery.

Reactions: Toutatis_

a63548

Apr 6, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Wow, thank you so much @ishubhamsingh! AEX has always been one of my favorite ROMs, and so happy to see it here :) I did have have one request if there might be a way to add the option to the clock settings to be able to move the clock to the right of the statusbar, rather than just the default left. Additionally, not sure if I was doing something incorrectly, or if I was reading the description of the option properly. For the rounded edges everywhere, I set in the customization to 1 instead of the default framework values in hopes that notifications, the QS background edges, and possibly the search settings box would be square rather than rounded, but it didn't seem to change even after a reboot. Like I said, maybe I am confused if that setting does that.

Thanks again for everything, and bringing this awesome ROM to us!

uuunwired

Jun 16, 2021
Wow, thank you so much @ishubhamsingh! AEX has always been one of my favorite ROMs, and so happy to see it here :) I did have have one request if there might be a way to add the option to the clock settings to be able to move the clock to the right of the statusbar, rather than just the default left. Additionally, not sure if I was doing something incorrectly, or if I was reading the description of the option properly. For the rounded edges everywhere, I set in the customization to 1 instead of the default framework values in hopes that notifications, the QS background edges, and possibly the search settings box would be square rather than rounded, but it didn't seem to change even after a reboot. Like I said, maybe I am confused if that setting does that.

Thanks again for everything, and bringing this awesome ROM to us!
regarding your issue on rounded edges, that option won't change anything related to UI/dialog corners—it's intended to add rounded corners on devices with little to no HW screen corner rounding (and also does nothing on our device since we already have a custom rounded corner overlay for that, dev will nuke it on next build). If you want to lower the UI corner radius, you can change the icon shape in customizations to square/squircle or use something like substratum overlays

Reactions: a63548

uuunwired

Jun 16, 2021
if you're wondering if this rom uses sdcardfs or not, it doesn't, so flash non-sdcardfs kernels like Dora or Galt's Gulch

I would also like to add, since this rom uses the default perf+ kernel that OOS and lineage uses (both are sdcardfs-enabled ROMs), I've found it to cause issues that using a sdcardfs kernel on non-sdcardfs ROMs like:
  • storage usage in settings not properly counting files usage (stuck at 0.00GB all the time)
  • eventually getting my data corrupted when restoring a magisk patched boot.img with default kernel after having flashed a non-sdcardfs kernel
  • (maybe unrelated) weird issues arising when using f2fs depending on the recovery you format on, either you have completely broken write to sdcard (example: google's sound picker crashes when you try to download new sounds) or it straight up won't boot at all. So far haven't had any issues with ext4 at least using this TWRP to format and using a non-sdcardfs custom kernel
I would recommend inlining any of the non-sdcardfs kernels out there for future builds, because I'm kinda fearing i'd completely corrupt my data when flashing any of the new updates since I use fkm to flash my kernels and I'd have to boot with the rom default kernel momentarily after updating.

ishubhamsingh

if you're wondering if this rom uses sdcardfs or not, it doesn't, so flash non-sdcardfs kernels like Dora or Galt's Gulch

I would also like to add, since this rom uses the default perf+ kernel that OOS and lineage uses (both are sdcardfs-enabled ROMs), I've found it to cause issues that using a sdcardfs kernel on non-sdcardfs ROMs like:
  • storage usage in settings not properly counting files usage (stuck at 0.00GB all the time)
  • eventually getting my data corrupted when restoring a magisk patched boot.img with default kernel after having flashed a non-sdcardfs kernel
  • (maybe unrelated) weird issues arising when using f2fs depending on the recovery you format on, either you have completely broken write to sdcard (example: google's sound picker crashes when you try to download new sounds) or it straight up won't boot at all. So far haven't had any issues with ext4 at least using this TWRP to format and using a non-sdcardfs custom kernel
I would recommend inlining any of the non-sdcardfs kernels out there for future builds, because I'm kinda fearing i'd completely corrupt my data when flashing any of the new updates since I use fkm to flash my kernels and I'd have to boot with the rom default kernel momentarily after updating.

Thanks for the info, although i do remember i disabled sdcard fs in los kernel's defconfig. Also the storage count issue you mentioned, is it showing 0.00GB for all the files? since i am able to see the size count of images, apps, system and it is also showing the total count correctly for me, so i am bit confused if that's what you meant.

npv12

Nov 28, 2020
Gujarat
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks for the info, although i do remember i disabled sdcard fs in los kernel's defconfig. Also the storage count issue you mentioned, is it showing 0.00GB for all the files? since i am able to see the size count of images, apps, system and it is also showing the total count correctly for me, so i am bit confused if that's what you meant.
Well if you flash a kernel that has sdcardfs config enabled then it cannot read data properly. However that should only apply for custom kernels where the user flashes incorrect version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0CwUbOx.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Read the whole OP! Be respectful to each other and don't ask for ETAs, it's considered as being rude!

AA1Rh7c.png

AOSP Extended is an AOSP based ROM which provides stock UI/UX experience with useful customizations. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth experience. We have added useful customizations from various other open-source projects and have tried to keep our things simple. A ROM by a user, for a user. #BeExtended

LXtiYrB.png

#ExtendYourDevice Here are the Extensions! on top of AOSP! We are constantly trying to update the list. Our aim is not to provide all the features available on earth. We aim to add important features that we think should be here and also what you think. For the addition of more tweaks or features, head on to our Telegram community and post the list of features that you want! Features with commits will be more helpful!

Rich (BB code):
    -ADB Root
    -AEXPapers - our wallpaper app.
    -AOSP Font Engine.
    -Adaptive Playback.
    -Additional Battery Saver steps.
    -Advanced Ambient Display Customizations.
    -Applock support.
    -Auto-Brightness Icon Toggle.
    -Battery Bar.
    -Battery Styles and Percentage.
    -Battery/Notification Light Customisations.
    -Button Backlight Customizations.
    -CPU Info Overlay.
    -Camera Sound Toggle.
    -Carrier Labels.
    -Clock area visibility toggle.
    -Configurable Audio Panel Location.
    -Custom Pattern Lock Sizes (3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6).
    -Custom QS styles (ambient_display,aod,caffeine,compass,cpuinfo,dataswitch,fpsinfo,gaming,heads_up,mono,music,reboot,screenshot,smartpixels,sound,soundsearch,sync,theme,usb_tether,volume_panel,vpn).
    -Customize QS Rows/Columns.
    -Customize small QS Tiles.
    -Customizable rounded corner radius.
    -DT2S On Statusbar, Lockscreen and Homescreen.
    -DT2W When Locked Device.
    -Detailed Location QS Tile.
    -Disable QS on Secured Lockscreen.
    -DuckDuckGo Browser.
    -Etar (Calendar App)
    -Extended Volume Panel.
    -FPS Info.
    -Face Unlock
    -Fingerprint Gestures Support.
    -Flashlight Notifications.
    -Flip Button Animation.
    -Force Expand Notifications (Enable/Disable).
    -Gaming Mode.
    -HW Key Customisation.
    -Heads Up Customizations.
    -Hide Clock/Date/Alarm Text from Lockscreen.
    -In-Call Vibrations Options.
    -Increasing Volume in Ringtone.
    -Kill App Button in Notification Row.
    -LS Visualiser with Customisations.
    -Less Boaring Headsup.
    -Lineage Livedisplay
    -Lineage Touch Hal
    -Lockscreen Charging.
    -Lockscreen Clock Styles.
    -Lockscreen Shortcut.
    -Long Press Gear Icon in Statusbar Header Launches Extensions.
    -Long press Caffeine Tile Action.
    -Long-press Power Button on Lockscreen for Torch.
    -Music Player Go.
    -MIUI volume style plugin.
    -Navigation Bar Toggle and Customisations.
    -Notch city support.
    -One Tap Data & Wifi Tile.
    -Option to mute Media with Gesture.
    -Per app WiFi, Data & VPN restrictions.
    -Per app network restrictions.
    -Permission Manager.
    -Pixel's UI and Ringtones.
    -POSP's volume style plugin.
    -Pocket Lock/Pocket Judge.
    -Power Menu Customizations.
    -QS Brightness Slider (Enable/Disable).
    -QS Quick Pulldown.
    -QS Tile Styles.
    -QS Tiles Animations.
    -Quick Access Wallet
    -Quick Unlock for PIN/Password.
    -Run SysUI tuner from Extensions.
    -Show 4G instead of LTE switch.
    -Smart Pixels.
    -Smart Charging Support.
    -StatusBar Brightness Control/Swap.
    -Statusbar Date Customizations.
    -Statusbar Traffic Indicators.
    -Themes and Accents.
    -Toast Icon.
    -Toggle Lockscreen Media Art and Blur Customisation.
    -Toggle Power Menu on Secured Lockscreen.
    -Toggle for FP with Vibration.
    -Toggle for QS Footer Warnings.
    -Unlink Notification Volume.
    -VPN with tethered connection.
    -Volume Rocker Tweaks (Wake/Music seek/Keyboard cursor control/Swap in landscape mode).

And many more coming in the future! Many #Extended features are added in each update and we might miss out adding new ones to this list. 
    So always keep on checking the latest changelog on our Official Blog, and there you can monitor the previous changelogs as well, to see how far we have come!

d6IoG5C.png

Download ROM here for your device!

GUACAMOLE

lID1jJJ.png

Want to try this awesomeness?

Rich (BB code):
    - Make sure you are on latest OOS firmware before flashing.
    * Reboot to fastboot mode
    * Flash recovery img
    * Reboot to recovery
    * Format data (aex supports both f2fs/ext4 so you can select either of the two)
    * Apply update via adb sideload
    * Reboot to system

* Reboot to bootloader
    * fastboot flash avb_custom_key avb_custom_key.img
    * fastboot oem lock (This will erase data)

9IoRPPA.png

Monitor the changelog here!

Rich (BB code):
     AospExtended v8.5 Changelog
    Rich (BB code):
    • Merge August security patch 11.0.0_r40
    • Update all of our packages
    • Update our pre-built packages
    • Update some translations
    • Add our new stock wallpaper
    • Add per-app volume control
    • Add rounded corner styles
    • Add clock customizations
    • Add new lock screen clocks
    • Add more switch styles
    • Add icon pack support in launcher
    • Add colored status bar icons
    • Add notification header hide toggle
    • Add centred notification toggle
    • Add immersive navigation
    • Allow to hide in call UI in gaming mode
    • Add FOD icon/animation customisations
    • Add themepicker (Styles and Wallpaper) app with our theme support
    • Improve face unlock
    • Improve data usage info
    • Improve volume panel
    • Improve offline charging animation
    • Improve stock launcher
    • Improve pocket lock
    • Improve app lock
    • Improve themes & customisations extensions UI
    • Bug fixes and performance improvements

upJwfar.png

If you want any bug to be fixed please write here on xda in detail. Give Logcats, mention your device name, mention if any mods and kernels, if used and please be specific about it. By helping us, you are helping yourself too.

->How to take Logcats?
    https://goo.gl/UcTM9 and https://goo.gl/J4CSEP

COh4x0F.png

Visit our Website. Subscribe to our Telegram Channel. Also join our Telegram Group Chat!

Want to translate to your language? Visit our Crowdin

Want to contribute to the development of this ROM?
    Checkout our Github and Gerrit

YbLPNze.png

People behind this amazing ROM!

-@ishubhamsingh(Owner/Dev/Designer)
    -JDC Team
    -DirtyUnicorns
    -LineageOS/Cyanogenmod
    -TeamSubstratum
    -Nitrogen Project
    -Pure Nexus
    -OmniROM
    -AOSPA
    -ABC ROM
    -GZOSP Community
    -Johan Söderholm for DuckDuckGo Browser
    -Enrico D'Ortenzio for Music Player Go
    -@AlienCreature7, @Wizper99, @Allstargaurav, @Edozullo and @harsh sharma (For designing the ROM Logo, Fling etc)

SQp1iY6.png

I guess there is nothing wrong in reading facts!

-Why no "Incremental/Delta updates" Support?
    ->The updates we provide monthly are heavily changed and modified than the previous builds. New stuff is merged and added. So we don't provide incremental updates and recommend a clean flash.

-How do I root this ROM?
    ->We recommend Magisk

-Will this ROM relock the bootloader?
    ->No.

-When Will Be the Next Update?
    ->No ETAs, please. ROM Will be updated whenever the new build is ready by your maintainer. We generally provide monthly updates with the latest security patches and new features.

-Adaway is not working :(
    ->Download it from here Adaway

-SElinux Linux mode changer app is not working nor Busy Box installer app is working.
    ->Everything is good with the sources. You should try other things first and then contact your maintainer.

Download latest build

Code:
         AospExtended v8.5

- Enable FOD icons and animations
    - Updated blobs from OOS 11.0.2.1

For more detailed ROM side changes, check :- https://blog.aospextended.com/AospExtended-v8.5/

Reboot to fastboot mode
    Flash recovery img
    Reboot to recovery
    Format data (aex supports both f2fs/ext4 so you can select either of the two)
    Apply update via adb sideload
    Reboot to system

Reboot to bootloader
    fastboot flash avb_custom_key avb_custom_key.img
    fastboot oem lock (This will erase data)

New Pre-Release Build​

CHANGELOG:-
    • Fix LS clock clipping issue
    • FOD issue fixes and improvements
    • Fix wake/double tap issues
    • Add option to switch between face unlock methods(swipe up/ lockscreen)
    • Add OOS like AlertSlider toast
    • Add OnePlus Camera and Gallery
    • Add support for aex recovery
    • Add custom avb key support (in case you wanna lock BL)
    • Switch back to sdcardfs on both ROM and Kernel end (i'll keep sdcardfs in future builds too)
    • Remove rounded corner settings(since it was causing issues)
    • Fix few reported issues/crash in Settings

LINKS:-

• Reboot to fastboot mode
    • Flash recovery img
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format data (aex supports both f2fs/ext4 so you can select either of the two)
    • Apply update via adb sideload
    • Reboot to system
    • Reboot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash avb_custom_key avb_custom_key.img
    • fastboot oem lock (This will erase data)

Note:- Since this is a pre-release build, it won't be available via OTA app, OTA will come with v8.4 later this month. Although this can be flashed over the last build and also people on this build will still be able to update to 8.4 via OTA.

Thanks for all your feedbacks and suggestions on the last build.
    V8.6 is Up at https://downloads.aospextended.com/guacamole

If you are already on aex, you will receive update via OTA.