• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0.0_r39] POSP DumAloo (v4.1.2+18) - begonia [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Jollld

May 9, 2017
Man the f-ing ****? My begonia blacked out after performing this rom's OTA update in twrp?
It's not starting what the **** do i do now???

Please help man...

EDIT: Because of your broken ass OTA update i almost had a bricked phone on my hand.
I'm never installing another one of your roms again, how careless can you be to provide such a broken ass OTA. 🤦‍♂️

The only thing that saved me was this guide, https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...unbrick-when-stuck-on-preloader-mode.4000433/

Thank god the sp flash tools bypass method was discovered, the dudes that made the guide and the ones that discovered the bypass are the real MVPs!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: ShaiBlizzard

blavcqnes

Nov 18, 2017
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Man the f-ing ****? My begonia blacked out after performing this rom's OTA update in twrp?

Please help man...

EDIT: Because of your broken ass OTA update i almost had a bricked phone on my hand.
I'm never installing another one of your roms again, how careless can you be to provide such a broken ass OTA. 🤦‍♂️

The only thing that saved me was this guide, https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...unbrick-when-stuck-on-preloader-mode.4000433/

Thank god the sp flash tools bypass method was discovered, the dudes that made the guide and the ones that discovered the bypass are the real MVPs!
updated today with no issues, this was the second OTA update i received and both updates got installed via TWRP with no issues. Don't know what went wrong on your end..

Last edited:

DrDreed

Feb 5, 2019

Please help man...

OTA is working without any sort of problems. Notification, download and automatic installation with TWRP, works just fine.

Thank you Devs, for what I think is a great ROM !!

Reactions: Dunkelschunkel

ShaiBlizzard

Apr 2, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro

Please help man...

Same thing here was on croquette til now and been wanting to update for a while to dumaloo since croq is no longer suported from the looks of it, tried like 5 times with different versions from GIT and the potato center, any other than the sourceforge one bricks my potato, so can't update...
Tried all I could for like 2 days, sadly I'll have to switch...
yay...

ShaiBlizzard

Apr 2, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
GOD BLOODY DAMNIT IT WAS THE TWRP VERSION THAT WAS MESSING EVERYTHING UP, was using 3.3 this whole time, switched to 3.4 just now and at last worked... damn there goes an entire day lol

Bricked it so many times wrote some batch thingies to brick it and unbrick it even faster.
For any newbie or whoever wants to install roms somewhat faster enjoy this thingy with whatever I used, instructions included for the most part.

Attachments

• Shai's mediocre rom scripts.zip
    430.9 MB · Views: 19

ShaiBlizzard

Apr 2, 2021
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Now after I update recovery's broken and can never go into it, if I try to make a factory reset I get bootlooped, flashing some other bootloaders didn't help unless I missed some important one..
I'll just switch back to POSP10 and wait til the sourceforge gets updated since they're the only ones that work for me..

nikhilZ2

Jan 23, 2018
Thrissur
Motorola One Fusion+
I was in Crdroid A10. Just wipe system, cache, dalvik and flashed this rom. But now bootloop and cant reboot to recovery. Please help. What I miss..
Edit
My bad- flashed proper cfw twrp , reinstalled rom and format data.
Ok Now.
But worth the hussle, ROM is super smooth + great battery. Thumbs up developer.
Looking for double tap to sleep feature.

Last edited:

MrLizard

Apr 18, 2021
I've bought the device a week ago. The first thing I did is unlock the bootloader. 1 week today. So I started to look into installing a custom ROM. I must say that this device (or Mediatek) is quite tricky. I had to go through a lot of threads to figure the safe thing to do.

So, here it goes, to whom it might concern, this is what I've done to install this ROM from MIUI 11.0.5 (Android 9), from scratch:
(I made a .txt for myself before doing it, and it's mostly the instructions from Agent_fabulous' Megathread. With some modifications to work easily with this ROM, with what I've uncovered and the modified filenames).

POSP ROM INSTALLATION from scratch process for noobs like me

Migrate to CFW - Place all files to "work_folder" (adb)
- Download preloader_begonia.bin and lk.img from Megathread attachments
- Execute:
fastboot flash preloader preloader_begonia.bin fastboot flash lk lk.img fastboot flash lk2 lk.img
- Flash non-CFW recovery. Execute:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-nonCFW-3.3.1-0-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_3012.img fastboot reboot
- Boot using power and volume up.
- Boot into recovery
- Wipe system, cache, dalvik
- Flash CFW, then flash CFW compatible ROM
adb push *.zip /sdcard and flash them
- Format data (not wipe, select "Format Data")
- Reboot to bootloader
- Flash CFW recovery
fastboot flash recovery twrp-CFW-3.3.1-0-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_0506.img
- Reboot! You're now on CFW!
fastboot reboot

cd filepath adb devices adb reboot bootloader fastboot devices fastboot flash recovery twrp.img adb push *.zip /sdcard

And I'll attach all the files I've used. Drivers and all. Name is pretty self-explanatory if you've read the megathread. In the "work_folder" zip there are all files needed to do it all (including latest posp, twrp, cfw...).
Just tried this and think I bricked my device :(. Got as far as "fastboot reboot" holding volume up to get to recovery. Nothing happened, screen stays black, not even the Redmi screen.

Tried turning the device back on and nothing. The only thing I can see is the LED to show it's charging if I plug it in. Small vibration if I hold power+volume up for about 20 seconds but nothing on the screen at all.

Edit - Solved by following this guide;

Edit - After successfully unbricking and getting this ROM installed, I tried installing the OTA update which again bricked the phone but in a way where the above guide wouldn't work (SP flash tool had an error message). Just managed to fix this by translating this guide;

Starting to feel like installing custom ROMs isn't worth the trouble for this device.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    main.png

C++:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is (not?) void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Now that I'm done saving my butt, let's proceed :D

about.png

Potato Open Sauce Project is a butter smooth Android aftermarket firmware.
    We handpicked the best features around and are adding our own sauce to it.
    Get ready to taste the unique features it brings with itself.
    We aim to deliver an experience with original ideas and features along with the useful things
    the community is accustomed to.

Team Potato
    @Agent_fabulous
    @ZerNico
    @raj_jdja
    @ShreyanshLodha
    @ATechnoHazard
    @HrX

Design:
    @McAwesomePL
    Valvze
    Joshua Baldassarre

Got an issue or suggestion? Reach us at
    Telegram
    : https://telegram.me/SaucyPotatoesOfficial
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/PotatoAndroid

features.png

- Custom RGB/HSL/HSV accent picker for dark/light themes
    - Custom volume panels
    - Three mode Notch Handler (Notch-City)
    - Icon shapes and icon pack support
    - Lockscreen media art and media art blur level
    - Permission hub
    - Signature spoofing
    - QS panel tweaks
    - Various custom QS tiles
    - Custom clocks
    - Brightness slider tweaks
    - Doubletap/longpress power to toggle Flashlight
    - Double tap to sleep on lockscreen
    - Per app network isolation option
    - Google feed integration in launcher
    - Other miscellaneous tweaks

sources.png

POSP: PotatoProject
    POSP Device Sources: PotatoDevices
    POSP Code Review: Gerrit Code Review
    Begonia common kernel: AgentFabulous/begonia

install.png

Clean Install
    - Backup all your data (Important)
    - Wipe /system, /data and cache.
    - Flash the ROM + NikGApps (Download link below)
    - Reboot

Updates
    - Flash ROM
    - Reboot!

download.png

ROM Download: GitHub Releases
    NikGApps: NikGApps

Credits
    - Google for AOSP
    - Team Potato
    - LineageOS
    - ArrowOS
    - OmniROM
    - AOSiP
    - And everyone else who helped out!
    A step by step tutorial on how to flash and what to flash. And is it CFW/VNDK30/nonCFW, TWRP unified etc.
    I am sure this would be greatly appreciated not only by newbies.
    Well, here goes nothing, gonna make it as general as I can so it can be applied to other roms as well.
    Also extra stuff like passing safetynet and other things.
    TLDR it's non-cfw & get unified 3.5

UP TO DATE POSP RELEASES FROM HERE BTW, the sourceforge link is outdated​

$Blue - specifics for POSP 11
    #Green - comments
    Red - warnings

and with that out of the way...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SHAI'S MEDIOCRE ROM HOW TO: FOR DUMMIES

FROM DUMMIES

FOR DUMMIES

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Python:
    import disclaimer

"""
    This how-to is presented to you from my own experiences, AS IS.
    By using it, you agree not to hold me responsible for any bricked devices,
    melted icecream or lost cat pics. Don't blame me if you forgot to back up some things before proceeding.
    Check that all your data has been backed up before proceeding with this and then check again, can never be too safe.
    If I missed something or you'd like to add your own experiences to this so it's all in 1 place let me know.
    """

[1. PREREQUISITES]​

0*. UNBRICK GUIDE:
    # the mega-thread preloader is redundant since this became a thing imo

1. TWRP:
    - ANDROID 9: TWRP 3.3

- ANDROID 10: # no problems encountered with any of them for me, go crazy

- ANDROID 11: # trying to install an A11 rom from twrp 3.3 RESULTED IN A BRICK
    # following ones confirmed to be working | | 3.4 may work on noncfw, if anyone tested it out lmk
    CFW: https://sourceforge.net/projects/begonia-oss/files/CFW-TWRP/ #3.4 tested -> working
    NONCFW: 3.5 unified or forks of it [BlackCatTWRP , unofficialTWRP tested] worked for me,

# MAKE SURE NOT TO MIX UP CFW & NONCFW RECOVERIES
    # CAUSES-> unable to boot in recovery, bootloop[from OTA update while first effect ] ! ! and in few cases BRICKS
    2. CFW:
    # check megathread for dowloads and the tags on the rom that you're installing to know what to get... except this # guide wouldn't be a thing if those were accurate.... sigh..

3. Your ROM... duh

Now that that's over time to get on with the main course

[2. INSTALLATION]​

$ assuming you're coming from miui android 10, should work with other AOSP roms.
    $ If you're on android 9 for some reason it'd be ideal to update beforehand, you've been warned

1. TWRP INSTALLATION: #included in my mediocre rom scripts
    - install ADB & fastboot tools
    - enter fastboot mode $use what I mentioned in the NONCFW A11 section
    -
    after connecting phone to your PC, type in cmd " fastboot flash recovery <recov_name>.img
    - type fastboot reboot recovery

2. ROM INSTALLATION:
    - on recovery -> WIPE: FORMAT DATA && ADVANCED WIPE [dalvik, system, cache, data] #somewhat overkill
    - on pc cmd -> adb push <drag n drop rom file> / #or /sdcard if you want | | repeat for w/e you add
    - on recovery -> INSTALL:
    $ sourceforge version VDNK30 / github ones / OTAs noncfw
    $ don't touch the sourceforge one since you'll have to move to the others either way

- # install cfw beforehand if needed by your rom select and flash ROM along with anything else you need like gapps/magisk
    - reboot & proffit

[3. MAGISK AND SAFETYNET PASSING]​

1. INSTALLATION: rename LATEST MAGISK APK to .zip and flash it, or use your recovery's built in if it's up to date... that's it

2. PASSING SAFETYNET: - I use magiskhide on google play store & services
    - flash from magisk kdrag0n's universal safetynet fix
    - if on android 10: I use magiskhide props config to change fingerprint to begonia
    $ only univ safetynet fix needed for me to pass, if you're having problems try this?

[4. TROUBLESHOOTING]​

1. Trying to recover from brick: Mediatek device shows up broken in device manager

-> REDO STEPS 2-4 ON THE UNBRICK TOOL​

2. Recovery crashes after a few seconds in it

->YOU FLASHED NONCFW RECOVERY ON CFW BUILD, INSTALL PROPER​

3. Device shows up with wrong/halfed memory capacity

->FORMAT DATA FROM RECOVERY #obviously erases all data

More to be added when people have troubles.

[X. MILASCENIOUS]​

# Things that don't really belong anywhere but yeah
    -> POSP 11's lawnchair rewrite is still in alpha, I don't really recommend using it for the time being since a lot of features are still missing, get the one from the play store til it gets some polish. Most notably categories & hide app missing
    -> On android 10 you can get ANXCamera for all the camera sensors + 64MP camera, haven't looked into a11's
    -> For really big mistakes: this is how you remove magisk modules from recovery
    -> Extra used things: STOCK ROM [MIUI 12 a10] for those that bricked their phone | blackcat recovery working on posp 11 & that 1 batch recovery script
    -> I really wish they're gonna add back the POSP swag (icon on top left statusbar w posp logo)
    -> Mug cakes are really great, you should make 1 sometime
    I've bought the device a week ago. The first thing I did is unlock the bootloader. 1 week today. So I started to look into installing a custom ROM. I must say that this device (or Mediatek) is quite tricky. I had to go through a lot of threads to figure the safe thing to do.

So, here it goes, to whom it might concern, this is what I've done to install this ROM from MIUI 11.0.5 (Android 9), from scratch:
    (I made a .txt for myself before doing it, and it's mostly the instructions from Agent_fabulous' Megathread. With some modifications to work easily with this ROM, with what I've uncovered and the modified filenames).

POSP ROM INSTALLATION from scratch process for noobs like me

Migrate to CFW - Place all files to "work_folder" (adb)
    - Download preloader_begonia.bin and lk.img from Megathread attachments
    - Execute:
    fastboot flash preloader preloader_begonia.bin fastboot flash lk lk.img fastboot flash lk2 lk.img
    - Flash non-CFW recovery. Execute:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-nonCFW-3.3.1-0-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_3012.img fastboot reboot
    - Boot using power and volume up.
    - Boot into recovery
    - Wipe system, cache, dalvik
    - Flash CFW, then flash CFW compatible ROM
    adb push *.zip /sdcard and flash them
    - Format data (not wipe, select "Format Data")
    - Reboot to bootloader
    - Flash CFW recovery
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-CFW-3.3.1-0-begonia_UNOFFICIAL_0506.img
    - Reboot! You're now on CFW!
    fastboot reboot

cd filepath adb devices adb reboot bootloader fastboot devices fastboot flash recovery twrp.img adb push *.zip /sdcard

And I'll attach all the files I've used. Drivers and all. Name is pretty self-explanatory if you've read the megathread. In the "work_folder" zip there are all files needed to do it all (including latest posp, twrp, cfw...).
    Just fixed the SafetyNet by using Pixel 4 XL (A10) FP and also used Pixel 4XL in forcing BASIC key attestation.

The root variant of Youtube Vanced is not working. It says the app needs google play services in order for the app to run. I switched to the nonroot variant instead.

There's an issue in the auto brightness feature also just like the other A11 roms... Either it will only change to 0% or 50% brightness.

Also, tigr's camera is working in this rom and haven't experience any issues yet. I flashed wyroczen's buffer fix in magisk before installing the camera.

This rom looks great and thank you devs for making such awesome rom for us to use and enjoy! ;)

YOUTUBE vanced root variant 15.33.34 is the only version to work perfectly
    YOUTUBE vanced root variant 15.33.34 is the only version to work perfectly
    Thanks! Guess I'll try going back to root variant and test install the version.

How You fix the Safety Net issue.
    Can you elaborate in simple....
    Thanks in advance.
    Assuming you're device is rooted with Magisk 😄
    1. Install Termux or any alternatives
    2. Go to Magisk and install the MagiskHide Props Config (it's available in the online lists on modules) and reboot.
    3. Go to Termux and type and enter su. Grant the app for superuser access.
    4. Enter props then wait for the module to load.
    5. Once loaded, enter 1 (Edit Device Fingerprint) then f (Pick a certified fingerprint) then look for Google then look for Pixel 4XL then choose the Android 10 version (Try using the A11. I just used the A10 because it was the original fingerprint of the ROM - coral 😅) once successfully changed, reboot.
    6. Go again to Termux and open props. Enter 2 (Force BASIC Key Attestation) then choose Pick from device list and just like choosing the fingerprint - look and choose for Google and choose Pixel 4XL. Choose yes then reboot.
    7. Go to Magisk and enable MagiskHide in settings. Go to SuperUser section then go to MagiskHide. Look for Google Play Services and just check the checkbox.
    8. Check SafetyNet and let me know if it worked.

Plus, You cannot play games like Call of Duty, Pubg Mobile, and these games on this version of Rom Cause There is problem of "Performance is impacted. To disable check bootloader" as appears in a sticky notification due to this Games keep stopped again and again after some time while playing game.
    Please Consider...Fix

Meanwhile Rom is quite Awesome. ⚡
    I can play Heroes Evolved smoothly with 55-58fps 😅 I disabled the message just long press the notification and turn off the notification. Just turn off the developer messages. I don't know if this will fix the issue you're having but it worked for me.

I don't know if this glitch causes by the app or the OS. I tried opening Just Dance Now and it automatically goes in landscape mode even if the app display is portrait. Hence the app will not open and just displays black screen. After troubleshooting, I figured out that the auto landscape is caused by my display size (small), I tried going back to the default size and voila, the app is now loading and functioning. Can someone try other portrait games/apps in small display size?