• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0.0_r43] AospExtended ROM V8.6 [UNOFFICIAL] [Guacamoleb] [21st Sept] [OOS Cam]

Search This thread
Jul 10, 2021
OnePlus 7
Also one thing I noticed was Hardware Acceleration is not available in prime. I don't know if it's related but just an observation
I had this hardware acceleration problem on OOS few months back and was not able to play HD content on prime. The app updates fixed the problem. As you're able to play HD on Netflix, I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to play on Prime.
[Update]: Check out new installation instructions

Last edited:

prateekv50

Sep 13, 2015
OnePlus 7
That's what I am wondering. Also why do I lose HDR capabilities?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210915-172145022.jpg
    Screenshot_20210915-172145022.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 30

rags_2489

May 11, 2011
Yeah try that or you can even extract the payload.bin and manually flash to both slots using fastboot. You can find instructions on xda for that. I'll try to include copy partitions zip in the next built so that people don't mess up the installation.

I dumped the payload.bin, but I am unable to flash using fastboot, it fails saying critical partitions cannot be written, both in OOS 10 and 11.

I tried using TWRP on OOS 10, I switched slot from twrp and tried to flash on both slots, one slot is successful, but other slot fails in step 2 with some rootfs error. If I reboot after one slot, I am not able to boot into twrp anymore.

Can you point me to the exact guide please?

Jul 10, 2021
OnePlus 7
I dumped the payload.bin, but I am unable to flash using fastboot, it fails saying critical partitions cannot be written, both in OOS 10 and 11.

I tried using TWRP on OOS 10, I switched slot from twrp and tried to flash on both slots, one slot is successful, but other slot fails in step 2 with some rootfs error. If I reboot after one slot, I am not able to boot into twrp anymore.

Can you point me to the exact guide please?
[Update]: Check out new installation instructions

Last edited:

rags_2489

May 11, 2011
Sorry for getting finicky, but I noticed some lag in UI. It's noticable when I pull down on quick setting panel when I am watching a 4k video on youtube.

I am nitpicking now, please take a look at your own convenience and thank you again for maintaining this amazing and most feature complete rom.

vatsal_chandan

Jul 9, 2017
I have verified everything and can assure there was and there is no issue with charging. Only you are facing it. Also the new build is out.
I also faced that issue in 8.5 haven't tried 8.6(but still would be there), that charging issue is with pd chargers, it is kernel change, gulch kernel has the same issue and default aex kernel has too

Reactions: shantanusarkar
Jul 10, 2021
OnePlus 7
Sorry for getting finicky, but I noticed some lag in UI. It's noticable when I pull down on quick setting panel when I am watching a 4k video on youtube.

I am nitpicking now, please take a look at your own convenience and thank you again for maintaining this amazing and most feature complete rom.
There's nothing I can do about it. It's from the source. I build for the device not the source.

Jul 10, 2021
OnePlus 7
If I'm coming from another Android 11 custom ROM (ie dotOS) am I able to flash this directly in TWRP? Thanks!
Would not recommend TWRP as it is not officially available for OnePlus devices. It has had many issues lately. You however don't have to go back to Oxygen OS. You can flash over dotOS using the recovery given in the downloads of my ROM. Clean flash is neceessary.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For me is the same experience. The camera does not start with double clicking the power button. Also gets stuck..
    The automatic brightness also does not work well for me... When I come out on the sun it does not get any brighter. I must do it with finger in notification slider..
    When I come in house it does not get darker. Is there any solution for this?
    Proximity sensor also does not work ok.. When I talk I pres the screen with my face and all kind of apps open and notification bar slides down...
    I noticed that fingerprint scanner stops working if I am using night light option..
    Yes camera doesn't start from lockscreen/power button. That has to be fixed from source code. I can't do anything about that. Automatic brightness is as in most other ROMs. Works well for me. Looks like OOS to me in sunlight. OnePlus 7's screen isn't very bright anyway. Would look to add high brightness mode in future build. Now trying build A12. Proximity sensor totally works and I don't know why it doesn't work for you. I take several calls a day. Also, fingerprint works totally fine for me even with night light on. Use OOS FOD icon and green FOD pressed color for best results.
    I have verified everything and can assure there was and there is no issue with charging. Only you are facing it. Also the new build is out.
    I also faced that issue in 8.5 haven't tried 8.6(but still would be there), that charging issue is with pd chargers, it is kernel change, gulch kernel has the same issue and default aex kernel has too
    Would not recommend TWRP as it is not officially available for OnePlus devices. It has had many issues lately. You however don't have to go back to Oxygen OS. You can flash over dotOS using the recovery given in the downloads of my ROM. Clean flash is neceessary.
    Ah great, thank you! I ended up clean flashing using Nebrassy's TWRP and it worked fine :) loving the ROM!
    i AM FACING ISSUE WITH ROOT.. Whenever I patch boot img to magisk.. I can't reboot to recivery also.. If I change kernel to galt its give me bootloop.... any Idea?
    I know TWRP isn't officially supported but I found it easiest to install TWRP and then flash Magisk through there. I followed this guide and downloaded Nebrassy's TWRP. Hope this helps!
    So I've faced the same issue as mentioned by prateekv50. Widevine is l1 here yet unable to play hd content on Amazon prime but Netflix is fine, also Netflix playback specs shows HDR capabilities as none. I flashed following the installation instructions.
    Hope you'll look into this, thanks
    Yes, I am aware of this.
    0CwUbOx.png

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Read the whole OP! Be respectful to each other and don't ask for ETAs, it's considered as being rude!

d6IoG5C.png

AOSP Extended Guacamoleb - GAPPS build (boot image and ROM zip)

AOSP Extended Guacamoleb - Vanilla build (boot image and ROM zip)

Copy Partitions ZIP file (not optional)

lID1jJJ.png

Want to try this awesomeness?

Rich (BB code):
    First Time Install / Clean Flash
    Prerequisites: (not optional)
    Make sure you have unlocked bootloader with OxygenOS 11.0.3.1.

Steps to install: (Updated instructions to get Widevine L1)
    1. Copy the ROM zip, Copy partitons zip and boot.img in the platform tools folder and open the command prompt or terminal in that location.
    2. Get the device into fastboot mode. To do that, first switch off the device. The press volume up + volume down + power button.
    3. Go back to command prompt or terminal on the computer. Use the code: fastboot flash boot <recovery_filename>.img
    Here it will be(use this): fastboot flash boot boot.img
    4. After flashing the boot image, press the volume down button on the phone twice and you will see "recovery mode" at the top of the screen. Now press power button.
    5. In the recovery, select "factory reset". Then select "format data / factory reset" and then select "format data".
    6. After that, from the menu, select "apply update" and then select "apply from ADB".
    7. In the terminal/command prompt, use this command to copy same firmware to both the slots: adb sideload copy-partitions-20200903_1329.zip
    8. Then after flashing that, select "apply from ADB" again. Use this command to install the ROM: adb sideload <rom_zip_filename>.zip
    9. After finishing the flashing process, reboot to system

ROOT:[Update 06/10/2021]
    Note:- Do not flash magisk immediately after flashing the ROM. Make sure your reboot your device after flashing the ROM.
    1. Download the latest stable magisk apk from here (from downloads section).
    2. Rename the apk to zip file. Example if the file name is "Magisk-v23.0.apk", change the file extension to "Magisk-v23.0.zip"
    3. Reboot the phone into recovery. After that, from the menu, select "apply update" and then select "apply from ADB".
    4. Now flash the magisk zip from desktop in the terminal by the command: adb sideload <magisk_filename>.zip
        Example: adb sideload Magisk-v23.0.zip

Update / Dirty Flash
    To update the device by adb sideload:
    1. Copy the latest ROM zip in the platform tools folder and open the command prompt or terminal.
    2. Boot the device into recovery.
    6. In the recovery, select "apply update" and then select "apply from ADB".
    7. In the terminal/command prompt, use this command to install the ROM: adb sideload <rom_zip_filename>.zip
    8. After finishing the flashing process, reboot to system.

9IoRPPA.png
    Rich (BB code):
    AOSP Extended 8.6 changelog:

• Merge September security patch 11.0.0_r43
    • Update all of our packages
    • Update our pre-built packages
    • Update some translations
    • Add our new AEX launcher
    • Add more UI style overlays
    • Add brightness slide styles
    • Add sensor off QS tile
    • Add Montserrat font
    • Add more charging animations
    • Add mac address firewall
    • Add center clock for some devices
    • Add toggle and customizations for QS media player
    • Add support for Dirac and MiSoundFX API sound for some devices
    • Add delete notification for screen records
    • Add aggressive battery mode
    • Add automated sleep mode feature
    • Allow for handling sensor permissions for applications
    • Allow locking tasks in recent menu
    • Allow customizations of fonts for user apps
    • Implement android twelve fragments in settings app
    • Improve android twelve clock style
    • Improve QS media player
    • Fix few theming issues
    • Fix battery estimate toggle
    • Fix safety net issue for some devices
    • Bug fixes and performance improvements

Rich (BB code):
    Extra Device Features Added:

• Added latest completely working OOS Camera and Gallery.
    • Widevine L1 working even with unlocked bootloader.
    • Moto Dolby included.

upJwfar.png
    Rich (BB code):
    1) If fingerprint unlock doesn't work well, change the FOD pressed color (Settings > Extensions >System > Customization >Fingerprint pressed color). Green works really well for me and is really fast. Check what works for you the best.

2) Pocket detection doesn't work well, as in most other ROMs.

If you want any bug to be fixed please write here on xda in detail. Give Logcats, mention your device name, mention if any mods and kernels, if used and please be specific about it. By helping us, you are helping yourself too.

->How to take Logcats?
    https://goo.gl/UcTM9 and https://goo.gl/J4CSEP

COh4x0F.png

Visit our Website. Subscribe to our Telegram Channel. Also join our Telegram Group Chat!

Want to contribute to the development of this ROM?
    Checkout our Github and Gerrit

Join this amazing OnePlus 7 Custom Rom Group

You can find other ROMs and test builds for OnePlus 7 in the above mentioned group

YbLPNze.png

ROM Maintainer: Shantanu Sarkar
    My GitHub
    Special thanks to @spookcity138, @escapee_skp and other awesome people in the above mentioned telegram group for helping me out in this build.
    People behind this amazing ROM!
    -
    ishubhamsingh(Owner/Dev/Designer)
    -JDC Team
    -DirtyUnicorns
    -LineageOS/Cyanogenmod
    -TeamSubstratum
    -Nitrogen Project
    -Pure Nexus
    -OmniROM
    -AOSPA
    -ABC ROM
    -GZOSP Community
    -Johan Söderholm for DuckDuckGo Browser
    -Enrico D'Ortenzio for Music Player Go
    [email protected], @Wizper99, @Allstargaurav, @Edozullo and @harsh sharma (For designing the ROM Logo, Fling etc)

Donate me if you like my work.

PayPal

Kernel Source:
    Updated Screenshots [21-09-2021]:
    Pocket detection don't working
    Will look into this in the upcoming build. September source will be released soon. Will try to fix in that build.
    For me is the same experience. The camera does not start with double clicking the power button. Also gets stuck..
    The automatic brightness also does not work well for me... When I come out on the sun it does not get any brighter. I must do it with finger in notification slider..
    When I come in house it does not get darker. Is there any solution for this?
    Proximity sensor also does not work ok.. When I talk I pres the screen with my face and all kind of apps open and notification bar slides down...
    I noticed that fingerprint scanner stops working if I am using night light option..
    Yes camera doesn't start from lockscreen/power button. That has to be fixed from source code. I can't do anything about that. Automatic brightness is as in most other ROMs. Works well for me. Looks like OOS to me in sunlight. OnePlus 7's screen isn't very bright anyway. Would look to add high brightness mode in future build. Now trying build A12. Proximity sensor totally works and I don't know why it doesn't work for you. I take several calls a day. Also, fingerprint works totally fine for me even with night light on. Use OOS FOD icon and green FOD pressed color for best results.
    Amazing rom
    All the useful features and buttery smooth
    Loved the initial experience