[ROM][11.0.0_r48]LineageOS 18.1 for Realme X2 Pro (RMX1931/CN)[UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

_JoeD_

Mar 31, 2016
Thanks a lot Karthick and other devs. I can confirm the new method 2 works to upgrade to the new version. I've been using it for a day and everything seems to be working fine. Good job!

_JoeD_

Mar 31, 2016
I know it's out of scope for our devs but does anybody know how to root this version? Magisk is not working (even tried cannary). I don't really need root but I need it once to enable diag mode to patch the modem profile to get voWifi working for US T-Mobile.

zheka99

Jan 15, 2013
Leipzig
Hello. Thanks for the update.
With the kernel from telegram, my battery is very good again!

Is it possible to set widevine to level 1 in this rom?

Strangely, I still had 2 reboots. Global 12gb

zheka99

Jan 15, 2013
Leipzig

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220125-235419592 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20220125-235419592 (1).jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 61

_JoeD_

Mar 31, 2016
You got VoLTE to work on T-Mobile? How?
Yes, before the latest update. Basically, you need root to enable diag mode (setprop command). Then install snapdragon PST tool and use PDT to change the modern profile. Once i changed to TMO-Commercial and rebooted both voWifi and voLTE worked. Currently we don't have root, so I'm stuck.

_JoeD_

Mar 31, 2016
I'm not sure if I'm the only one but there are 2 things that bother me about the latest update. I see screen flicker when the auto brightness is adjusted, sometimes i get a weird green tint over the whole screen. The other thing i noticed is that Google camera is not able to switch to a different back camera. If I do, the app keeps crashing. It did work fine before the update.

Karthick Chandran

Mar 23, 2014
Chennai
I'm not sure if I'm the only one but there are 2 things that bother me about the latest update. I see screen flicker when the auto brightness is adjusted, sometimes i get a weird green tint over the whole screen. The other thing i noticed is that Google camera is not able to switch to a different back camera. If I do, the app keeps crashing. It did work fine before the update.
screen flicker will be fixed on next update

it will be also fixed if you flash this kernel https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1bANiviQ4y3kj1IRF35NJWCB2jrsUin0x&export=download

& Google camera aux issues, those don't work even on rui2 stock rom, so it won't work here too

Last edited:

BTW lover

Apr 27, 2010
Just a quick question regarding some fishy behavior of my phone recently:

For some reason it uses several hundreds of MB of mobile data in just a few days, mobile data usage tells me it's system updates doing this. Once I saw this I remembered that I've had some strange popups (two or three times) in the past that told me android was out of date and needs an update 8or something similar, can't remember precisely).

Is it possible the phone is doing something strange for some reason or am I being hacked?

Edit: looking for a picture of the popup on the net I found that others had the same popup, here's a pic
ld40gtB.png

So it seems that it might not be fishy, but now it also seems like this is eating into my mobile data without me being able to disable it again, any ideas?

Last edited:

SimfyLogBot

Apr 22, 2021
Just a quick question regarding some fishy behavior of my phone recently:

For some reason it uses several hundreds of MB of mobile data in just a few days, mobile data usage tells me it's system updates doing this. Once I saw this I remembered that I've had some strange popups (two or three times) in the past that told me android was out of date and needs an update 8or something similar, can't remember precisely).

Is it possible the phone is doing something strange for some reason or am I being hacked?

Edit: looking for a picture of the popup on the net I found that others had the same popup, here's a picView attachment 5531835

So it seems that it might not be fishy, but now it also seems like this is eating into my mobile data without me being able to disable it again, any ideas?
I had the same problem and "fixed" it by installing the newest gapps version. In my case also i have a noticeable battery drain. My uneducated guess this things are related to each other. i am now running the version before the newsest update on Jan 21, 2022.(18.1.20211031) maybe an Update will fix my problem but the update process sadly looks more complicated than a "normal" dirty flash.

quwenfast

Feb 15, 2022
注意,CN版本的RMX1931无法刷入这些ROM,会提示e3004报错;所以我尝试用作者发布的橙狐REC再次刷入;不幸的是,它卡在fastboot了;借着它还能进REC,我把官方otg解压后的zip包刷入手机,虽然提示成功,但是它仍然卡fastboot,结果我尝试用realme 线刷工具线刷otg文件,它仍然提示成功,不过还是无法进入系统,之后它就一直卡在fastboot,recovery也进不去了;得益于我在中国,我免费享受了一次官方的系统维修,不过我又试了一次其他办法,但是又失败了

Google Translation:
Note that the CN version of RMX1931 cannot be flashed into these ROMs, and it will prompt e3004 to report an error; so I try to flash it again with the orange fox REC released by the author; unfortunately, it is stuck in fastboot; I flashed the decompressed zip package of the official otg into the mobile phone. Although the prompt was successful, it still stuck in fastboot. As a result, I tried to use the realme flash tool to flash the otg file. Stuck in fastboot, recovery can't get in; thanks to my being in China, I enjoyed an official system maintenance for free, but I tried other methods again, but failed again

Last edited by a moderator:

Rogerdave

Oct 4, 2014
Need some guidance or clues from any of you.

Mine is a CN version, everything has gone fine with the latest build at the 1st attempt, and things screwed up after flashing latest Magisk 21.4 ....

Rebooting to system and screen turned black after realme logo, flashing all again with no success.

Tried flashing latest TWRP but screen turned black after splash screen of TWRP when booting to recovery. Switching back to OFox has same problem.

Tried flashing those stock image files (boot.img, system.img, odtb.img and vendor.img) directly at fastboot, screen still turned black when booting to system.

Just tried downloading and flashing OFox and vbmeta files from the post, now the phone is prompted "The current images (boot/recovery) have been destroyed and can not boot. Please flash the correct image or contact customer service to fix it." with a red triangle.

I have tried every way I know with no success. Any hint / clue / guidance is much appreciated to save my phone, thank you.

Rogerdave

Oct 4, 2014
Need some guidance or clues from any of you.

Mine is a CN version, everything has gone fine with the latest build at the 1st attempt, and things screwed up after flashing latest Magisk 21.4 ....

Rebooting to system and screen turned black after realme logo, flashing all again with no success.

Tried flashing latest TWRP but screen turned black after splash screen of TWRP when booting to recovery. Switching back to OFox has same problem.

Tried flashing those stock image files (boot.img, system.img, odtb.img and vendor.img) directly at fastboot, screen still turned black when booting to system.

Just tried downloading and flashing OFox and vbmeta files from the post, now the phone is prompted "The current images (boot/recovery) have been destroyed and can not boot. Please flash the correct image or contact customer service to fix it." with a red triangle.

I have tried every way I know with no success. Any hint / clue / guidance is much appreciated to save my phone, thank you.

My phone is back on finally, and I may share my experience here as reference. Inspired by the post from genernal section, I have run following erase commands at fastboot to erase everything.

fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase dtbo
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase metadata
fastboot erase vbmeta
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase vendor
fastboot erase userdata

After that, flash again the OFox and vbmeta of RUI 2 downloaded from 1st post. Recovery is back on after reboot.

Download RUI 1 firmware, older version of OFox (R11.01) and its corresponding vbmeta files, and flashed them at recovery.

Flash back previous LOS (NOV) version with RUI 1, and everything is running fine so far.

I may try flashing again the latest version soon.

Reactions: madsu99

xAsmodeus

Feb 17, 2022
My phone is back on finally, and I may share my experience here as reference. Inspired by the post from genernal section, I have run following erase commands at fastboot to erase everything.

fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase dtbo
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase metadata
fastboot erase vbmeta
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase vendor
fastboot erase userdata

After that, flash again the OFox and vbmeta of RUI 2 downloaded from 1st post. Recovery is back on after reboot.

Download RUI 1 firmware, older version of OFox (R11.01) and its corresponding vbmeta files, and flashed them at recovery.

Flash back previous LOS (NOV) version with RUI 1, and everything is running fine so far.

I may try flashing again the latest version soon.
i'm stuck at fastboot bro how do you do this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineageos-vector-logo.png

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Display
    • Encryption
    • Face unlock
    • Fingerprint scanner
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • RIL (VoLTE calls, SMS, Data)
    • Safetynet (Without magisk)
    • Sensors
    • Video Playback
    • Wi-Fi

Device specific features:
    • Smart Charging. check Settings -> Realme Settings
    • DC dimming (flicker free feature). check Settings -> Realme Settings
    • sRGB mode. check Settings -> Realme Settings
    • Game mode (touch boost & performance mode). check Settings -> Realme Settings
    • Buttons/toggle for display hz (forced, 6hz & 90hz). check Settings -> Realme Settings
    • Screen off gestures. check Settings -> system -> touchscreen gestures
    • Ambient gestures (AOD, Pickup, handwave & pocket). check Settings -> Display -> Lockscreen display -> Ambient display

Known issues:
    • Nothing critical as of now

Report bugs:
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel (Ignore):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

DO NO POST BUGS WITHOUT LOGS AND PROPER STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE

DO NO POST BUGS IF YOU ARE USING CUSTOM KERNEL or ANY MODULE

Follow Instructions Carefully otherwise you will get error :
    • Reboot to recovery (Recommended recovery listed in downloads section)
    • Format data, Wipe cache & dalvik-cache
    • Flash ROM, Gapps 11 arm64 together (Download Gapps from downloads section)
    • Done-Reboot Now
    • Enjoy the clean Rom

Instructions for starters from RUI1 Firmware:

Downloads:
    ROM:
    Realme X2 Pro (RMX1931)
    RECOVERY:
    Older builds: OrangeFox_RUI1.0_A11
    Newer builds: OrangeFox_RUI2.0_A11
    GAPPS: NikGApps | BiTGApps

Notes:
    * Use the recommended recovery

Source code:
    ROM: https://github.com/ForkLineageOS/android
    KERNEL: https://github.com/karthick111/kernel_realme_sm8150-R/commits/lineage-18.1

CREDITS:
    LineageOS
    Team Hyper
    CAF
    Testers (Sorry, I couldn't mention everyone here)
    Special thanks to Donors for donating me the device :highfive:

DONATIONS:
    Please consider donating if you enjoy my work. It will be used for server expenses, Ty
    Paypal donation link: https://www.paypal.me/karthick0698
    Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/karthick111
    UPI: karthick111@indianbank (do mention device name while donating) PM for any other mode of transaction

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS-18.1 for Realme X2 Pro, ROM for the Realme X2 Pro

Contributors
    karthick mostwanted
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
    ROM Firmware Required: RealmeUI firmware & Ofox Android 11 recovery

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2020-10-16
    Last Updated 2020-11-27
    New update for LineageOS-18.1 RMX1931/CN

CHANGELOGS:

1. Fixed BT media audio

Clean flash is always recommended / Dirty flash works though if you're on previous lineage-18.1 build

As usual download links in OP
    Thanks to the testers & contributors

CHANGELOGS:

1. Initial build for RUI2 firmware support (Added benefits: There won't be any random reboots for 12GB memory variants)
    2. Misc changes

INSTRUCTIONS:
    method 1:
    1. Switch to RUI1.0 stock firmware & update to RUI2.0
    2. Reboot to bootloader
    3. Flash Recovery and vbmeta
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Flash latest lineage-18.1 package & google apps (optional)
    6. Format data (Not the wipe), if you're formatting device through fastboot, use this command
    Code:
    fastboot format:ext4 userdata
    7. Reboot to the system.

Downloads for method 1:
    Global stock ROM: RUI2.0_F.14
    CN stock ROM: RUI2.0_F.10

method 2:
    1. Reboot to your existing recovery TWRP or OFOX
    2. Flash firmware only file provided below
    3. Flash latest lineage-18.1 package & google apps (optional)
    4. Format data (Not the wipe), if you're formatting device through fastboot, use this command
    Code:
    fastboot format:ext4 userdata
    5. Reboot to the bootloader, Flash Recovery
    6. Reboot to the system

Downloads for method 2:
    CN firmware only file: RUI2.0_F.10_RMX1931CN
    Global firmware only file: RUI2.0_F.14_RMX1931L1

Recovery: Recovery
    Vbmeta: vbmeta

Notes:
    Clean flash is always recommended
    Don't flash Magisk it won't work & isn't my concern.
    Formatting userdata using fastboot method will switch the default file system to f2fs, so it's recommended to format only using Recovery

CHANGELOGS:

1. Added more accents from Aospa
    2. Use PixelDocumentsUIGoogleOverlay
    3. Fixed 15 second timer for applock
    4. OOS style all clear button
    5. Updated device configs from proton aosp
    6. Allow to edit/remove/add tile with one click
    7. Faster app switching
    8. Add time spent in app in app settings from Wellbeing
    9. Use 4 rows in qs
    10. added immersive navigation
    11. added option to enable media art blur on lockscreen
    12. added dead zone in gesture settings
    13. Probably single tap vibration should be better now
    14. Fixed some minor stutters (was noticeable on 60hz)
    15. Misc changes

Clean flash is always recommended / Dirty flash works though if you're on previous lineage-18.1 build

CHANGELOGS:

1. Lineage upstream
    2. March security patch
    3. Asus stitchimage (long screenshot)
    4. Updated kernel from kernel_common/android-4.14-stable
    5. Updated kernel to CAF tag: LA.UM.9.1.r1-08600-SMxxx0.0
    6. RealmeSettings improvements
    7. Disabled auto brightness by default
    8. SELinux is Enforcing now 🔥
    9. Misc changes & cleanup
    10. Fixed HDR issues