[ROM][11.0][12L][UNOFFICIAL][MicroG support]LineageOS 18.1/19.1 [SERRANOVELTE GT-I9195I]

Search This thread

swert

Jul 5, 2022
Nexus 7
Have you activated moliles service? Try to enable 4G - Settings -> Network & Internet -> Mobile Network -> Advanced -> Preferred Network type.
The stupid German government has disabled 3G, so if you want to have mobile internet, you need a 4G capable smartphone.
yes i have activate it and put in apn :/

Rubor.

Oct 25, 2021
Dirty flash from 18.1 to 19.1 succeeded! Runs like a charm.

I'm well impressed with the ROM in general and especially the camera which I think functions better now (probably due to OpenCamera) than on 18.1. For a device that was abandoned in 2016(right?) it runs Android 12 exceptionally well - considering it was abandoned on 4.4 by Samsung!

Thanks to all that have worked on this.
I have los 18.1 on mine, can I update to los 19.1 without formatting or anything, I just flash in twrp and that's all for sure?

FKzen

May 16, 2021
I decided to try los 19 and I must say that I am positively surprised, the phone works very smartly. Wi-Fi does not disconnect automatically, which was still a big annoyance, did LINEAGE finally solve this problem.

Reactions: mernurisha

pw16

Apr 2, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
I really like los 17 + Opengapps, but los-17 has no updates since februari :-(
So I decided to try a clean los 18 (because of selinux), in combination with Opengapps, but was somewhat disappointed:

- Netflix did not show in playstore anymore
- Safetynet Attest test fails (related to Netflix problem?)
- my banking app refused to install because it wouldn't recognize my debitcard with nfc or camera.
- Email app was missing (found out that's due to lineagos removing it).

So i'm back on los 17 now, thanks to TWRP backup/restore.

Anybody know how to fix Netflix? maybe by replacing Opengapps by MinMicroG-MinalIAP?

Any suggestions for a light-weight (no ads) email app that reads microsoft mail?

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
New builds for lineage-18.1 and lineage-19.1 are available

- August 2022 Security patch

A clean installation is recommended, as these builds have some changes.

• GPS
  • Bluetooth
  • performance improvements (I hope)
If you find any bugs, please provide the log files.
Otherwise these messages will be ignored.

rey_dominique

Sep 26, 2017
Hi Mernurisha,
Thank you for your work.

You are right, simple flashing of lineage-19.1 August 2022 build does not work, the initial boot is looping/restarting forever.

A clean installation of lineage-19.1 August 2022 and MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm-20220605 works, but at the initial boot the MindTheGapps setup process does not start automatically, but only the standard lineage setup.

Have a nice day,
Dominique

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
Hi Mernurisha,
Thank you for your work.

You are right, simple flashing of lineage-19.1 August 2022 build does not work, the initial boot is looping/restarting forever.

A clean installation of lineage-19.1 August 2022 and MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm-20220605 works, but at the initial boot the MindTheGapps setup process does not start automatically, but only the standard lineage setup.

Have a nice day,
Dominique
Thanks for the hint.
I will look for it.

Edited:

The reason for the SetupWizard is not a build problem, but rather is due to MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm-20220605. The latest version of MindTheGapps is not compatible with the August build of LOS-19.
Try the latest opengapps from here. Tested the pico(arm) version myself and it works.

Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: rey_dominique

rey_dominique

Sep 26, 2017
Thanks for the hint.
I will look for it.

Edited:

The reason for the SetupWizard is not a build problem, but rather is due to MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm-20220605. The latest version of MindTheGapps is not compatible with the August build of LOS-19.
Try the latest opengapps from here. Tested the pico(arm) version myself and it works.

Good luck
Thank you for your quick reply, I will test it and let you know.
Have a nice day.
Dominique

Edited:

Thank you Mernurisha,
Now It is working for me too with pico(arm)
Best Regards
Dominique

Last edited:

TheRealRalf

Jan 12, 2011
Was very impressed with the new version on my testphone, especially with GPS.

But wifi doesn't come up. I see my network but after typing the password in the according LOS setup page it only tells me "saved" without connecting. Tried to do it after finishing the setup-wizard but result was the same.

On lineage-18.1-20220613-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte.zip it's working fine on the same device.

It's for the German setup in case this is important.

I wiped: Dalvic, data, internal, cache, system

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
Was very impressed with the new version on my testphone, especially with GPS.

But wifi doesn't come up. I see my network but after typing the password in the according LOS setup page it only tells me "saved" without connecting. Tried to do it after finishing the setup-wizard but result was the same.

On lineage-18.1-20220613-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte.zip it's working fine on the same device.

It's for the German setup in case this is important.

I wiped: Dalvic, data, internal, cache, system

That's all under Advanced wipe. This is correct.
After that, be sure to write under: Format Data - yes and confirm.
All this together means full wipe

Good luck

BTW
Wifi works fine here

TheRealRalf

Jan 12, 2011
Have reset the device once again but it's still stuck on Wifi-setup. I than tried to connect to the guest-net net instead and interestingly this worked. Anybody got an idea what might cause such a behavior?

FKzen

May 16, 2021
Have reset the device once again but it's still stuck on Wifi-setup. I than tried to connect to the guest-net net instead and interestingly this worked. Anybody got an idea what might cause such a behavior?
Go back to stock rom, test Wi-Fi, if it works, flash lineage again afterwards, this has often helped me with malfunctions.

FKzen

May 16, 2021
Does anyone else have problems with the torch function, sometimes it is not possible to activate it, since the icon is dark. After the phone restart, the icon becomes light and the torch turns on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220913-224147_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220913-224147_Settings.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 25

ScanX

Jun 30, 2015
Does anyone else have problems with the torch function, sometimes it is not possible to activate it, since the icon is dark. After the phone restart, the icon becomes light and the torch turns on.
I have not perceived so far.
Hint: me always put the flashlight function to the on/off button.
(System -> Buttons: Long press for torch)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi , great work , how much will it cost us to get the 19.1 to the seranoltexx i9195 (only) best regards Puck
    That's not my goal, sorry.

New lineage-19.1 build is available

- September 2022 Security patch
    That's not my goal, sorry.

New lineage-19.1 build is available

- September 2022 Security patch
    Thanks for your answer.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo.

Whats working?
    • Almost everything on LineageOS 18.1
    • Almost everything on LineageOS 19.1
    Known issues:
    - On LineageOS 19.1
    • Encryption
    • SELinux permissive

Installation:

1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (TWRP-3.6.0_9)
    3. Perform a backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
    5. Flash rom LineageOS 18.1 or LineageOS 19.1
    6. Optional: For LineageOS 18.1 use the Google Apps from here opengapps-arm-11 or MindTheGapps-arm-11.0
    LineageOS 19.1 doesn't have an official open gapps version yet. Use open_gapps-arm-12L
    Or both with microG.
    7. Reboot

Important: If you want to report any bug, please provide the log files. Bug reports without log files will be ignored.

Source code:
    https://github.com/lineageos
    https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11.0][12L][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 18.1/19.1 [SERRANOVELTE GT-I9195I], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
    mernurisha
    ROM OS Version: Android 11/12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Security patch level: September 2022

Version Information
    Status LineageOS 18.1:
    Stable
    Status LineageOS 19.1: Stable

Created 2020-11-16
    Last Updated 2022-09-22
    Hi Guys.
    A new build coming soon with several fixes.
    So please hit the thanks button, if you like my work.
    New update is available. Download link on the first page.

- August 2021 security update
    New build with january 2021 security patch

Fixed:
    - LiveDisplay support
    - Screen lock settings

lineage-18.1-20210109-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte

Pictures preview in Snap camera does not work. Only in Gallery app.
    SELinux still in permissive mode.

Enjoy
    New build with february security update

- Wifi Hotspot works properly now
    - Expanded menu of USB charging via PC works

lineage-18.1-20210208-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte