• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0] [3.18] Styx Project [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

CheechChong

Jun 10, 2021
header.png

The Styx Project is a custom Android based distribution that aims to subtly enhance the beauty of stock Android while still keeping the smoothness, stability, neatness and performance of pure AOSP.

Code:
/* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

With our first Android 11 release, we would like to bring z2_plus to the front, with the latest features, stability patches hot from the Styx Project development team.

Download it from our website!

team.png
The people working towards bringing you this release are:
Our whole team comprising of maintainers. source developers and designers can be found at https://styxproject.tk/team.html.

installation.png

1. Download the ROM, and Magisk if you want root.
2. Wipe System, Data, Dalvik, Cache.
3. Flash the ROM, and Magisk if you want root.
4. Reboot and Enjoy.

GAPPS ARE PREINCLUDED

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

Attachments

• photo_2021-06-11_22-31-20.jpg
    photo_2021-06-11_22-31-20.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 362
  • photo_2021-06-11_22-31-01.jpg
    photo_2021-06-11_22-31-01.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 364

Pranav Temkar

Aug 1, 2016
Been testing this rom and i must say one of the best minimalistic rom out there with many source side optimization and the legendary 3.18 kernel which gives better sot compared to 4.4 kernels out there
Deep sleep works well saves lot on idle
Gapps take some time to settle heats a bit in setup, its common for rom with prebuilt gapps and after it settles its smooth enough for day to day use i can easily get 6 hours sot with 2year old battery on low usage
Kudos to dmitri for such great rom hope to see many rock solid stuffs in near future

Reactions: NikkBann and Neyzik

Neyzik

Sep 25, 2015
Been testing this rom and i must say one of the best minimalistic rom out there with many source side optimization and the legendary 3.18 kernel which gives better sot compared to 4.4 kernels out there
Gapps take some time to settle heats a bit in setup, its common for rom with prebuilt gapps and after it settles its smooth enough for day to day use i can easily get 6 hours sot with 2year old battery on low usage
Kudos to dmitri for such great rom hope to see many rock solid stuffs in near future
Kudos for the detailed review bro, it helps a lot all users!

Mr Cobalt

Aug 11, 2018
For initial build this ROM is great. Phone runs smooth and haven't faced any issue. I'd love to see encryption support in future, currently it gets stuck on styx logo when I try to encrypt. Other than that this is a great rom. Kudos to devs.

pipyakas

Apr 22, 2013
This rom reports that it has Pixel goodies, and while Google Photos recognize it as a Pixel 5, photo uploads is still counted in Drive storage space

R a BB i t

Aug 4, 2015
[UPDATED]

Stable & fluid AF experience with blazing fast app launching speeds (feels like SD845 inside lol) compared to other 11 ROMS with a good SOT.

Font is very clean & refreshing (need name 🖤), minimalistic wallpapers are dope and the Moto Widget was a surprise. VoLTE logo is lob!

The only downsides are LOW AUDIO issue (not rebooting much is a workaround) and random app freezes in various apps. Serious jitters and lags below 30% battery even without battery saver enabled.

Next update with these fixes will make it the A11 DOMINATOR in stability and performance.

AMAZING WORK TO DEV!

Last edited:
Reactions: CheechChong

CheechChong

Jun 10, 2021
Stable & fluid AF experience with blazing fast app launching speeds compared to other 11 ROMS!!

But the only downside is the LOW AUDIO issue and random app freezes in various apps. WiFi Hotspot is kinda buggy (doesn't turn on sometimes and automatically turns off in between usage).

Hoping to stick to it from the next update. Great work to dev.
Thanks for review, app freezes gonna get fixed in next build, maybe low audio also

• Love
Reactions: R a BB i t

jarco1

Jul 25, 2016
In terms of battery economy, this rom is second to none. The fluidity is also very good, but there are some applications freezes. The Google assistant does not work for me, it does not go to voice call. Ota does not work. But the rom is amazing. For me, the volume of calls on it is better than on others. You can hear the interlocutor very well, which was not so obvious on other roms.

Reactions: CheechChong

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When can we expect an update?
    After aosp security patch drops, should be in few days i hope
    New build with july security patch is out! grab it from first page as usual.
    Changelog:
    ROM:
    - OTAs!
    - Android S Clocks :)
    - Styx Connect, a seamless way to integrate the smartphone and desktop experience! (thanks KDE :p)
    - A newer, cleaner implementation for Face Unlock (thanks PixelExperience!)
    - Added new Sensors disabling tile along with the commonly-asked-for DataSwitchTile!
    - New icons!
    - We've updated PulseMusic to 4.3.0 :) It is now directly updatable from the Play Store!
    - Fixed theming :)
    - Misc performance optimizations.
    DEVICE:
    Fixed gps;
    Fixed encryption;
    Fixed ok google;
    Fixed app freezing;
    Fixed some selinux denials;
    Boosted screen colors and added Kcal.
    Added kernel boosts for more smooth experience;
    Disabled blurs by default;
    Enabled 10 finger multitouch;
    Silenced lot of audio kernel log spam;
    This rom is brilliant. There are still suspensions, but it allows you to create copies of photos for Google photos. And the battery is fabulous. Thanks so much for this miracle.
    It is amazing to see such a lively support stream from you amazing people for such an old device :D
    New build with july security patch is out! grab it from first page as usual.
    Changelog:
    ROM:
    - OTAs!
    - Android S Clocks :)
    - Styx Connect, a seamless way to integrate the smartphone and desktop experience! (thanks KDE :p)
    - A newer, cleaner implementation for Face Unlock (thanks PixelExperience!)
    - Added new Sensors disabling tile along with the commonly-asked-for DataSwitchTile!
    - New icons!
    - We've updated PulseMusic to 4.3.0 :) It is now directly updatable from the Play Store!
    - Fixed theming :)
    - Misc performance optimizations.
    DEVICE:
    Fixed gps;
    Fixed encryption;
    Fixed ok google;
    Fixed app freezing;
    Fixed some selinux denials;
    Boosted screen colors and added Kcal.
    Added kernel boosts for more smooth experience;
    Disabled blurs by default;
    Enabled 10 finger multitouch;
    Silenced lot of audio kernel log spam;
    When can we expect an update?
    header.png

The Styx Project is a custom Android based distribution that aims to subtly enhance the beauty of stock Android while still keeping the smoothness, stability, neatness and performance of pure AOSP.

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

With our first Android 11 release, we would like to bring z2_plus to the front, with the latest features, stability patches hot from the Styx Project development team.

Download it from our website!

team.png
    The people working towards bringing you this release are:
    Our whole team comprising of maintainers. source developers and designers can be found at https://styxproject.tk/team.html.

installation.png

1. Download the ROM, and Magisk if you want root.
    2. Wipe System, Data, Dalvik, Cache.
    3. Flash the ROM, and Magisk if you want root.
    4. Reboot and Enjoy.

GAPPS ARE PREINCLUDED

credits.png

We would like to thank the following ROMs, because if they weren't here, we couldn't be there too <3

Great work bro kudos and long live our beloved z2 plus thanks for keeping it alive
    Thanks bro, A12 soon:D