• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0][4.9][AOSP][KUGO] Explosive Lobster

Search This thread

betacrypt

Jan 17, 2018
Try without the SELinux patch to permissive; disabling verity wouldn't hurt for the testing either, did you do that as well after disabling SELinux? Do you have the correct OEM libraries installed: ( https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117907560 ) ? I will go over the boot again and see if somehow I wrote in the line for treble to be enabled incorrectly (don't believe I did, but will look). If @Sjll would reply to someone we might be able to get an updated tutorial for 10 and 11 treble.

Yep using the right OEM. Tried setting selinux to both permissive and enforcing. Disabled verity right after as well. Will keep trying to see in case I overlooked anything (it's easy to miss a step when you test so many combinations).

mhier

Oct 26, 2012
After installing this ROM, the phone was no longer charging, despite the charging indicators were on (both LED and the status bar icon). What can I do about this?

betacrypt

Jan 17, 2018
Try without the SELinux patch to permissive; disabling verity wouldn't hurt for the testing either, did you do that as well after disabling SELinux? Do you have the correct OEM libraries installed: ( https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117907560 ) ? I will go over the boot again and see if somehow I wrote in the line for treble to be enabled incorrectly (don't believe I did, but will look). If @Sjll would reply to someone we might be able to get an updated tutorial for 10 and 11 treble.

I decided to give testing another go. The combination that gets me the furthest is:

1. Flashing Treble 9 boot (the Treble 10 boot image you provided is causing boot loops).
2. Flashing your Treble 10 vendor image to cache partition.
3. Flashing one of the TrebleEx 10 roms A only.

With this I always get to the rom's boot animation screen but it always gets stuck there - I've tried over 15 A-only roms at this point. I've also tried setting selinx to both permissive and enforced, disabling verity, and flashing erfan's zygote fix but none of that helped.

The explosive lobster boot image and vendor image with an A/B 10 rom cause boot loops. Going to keep trying but could you take a look again at your treble 10 boot image? Maybe there's something there.

Testing this combination:
1. Your Treble 10 boot image
2. Your Treble 10 vendor image
3. Flashing A/B 10 rom
4. Disabling verity
5. Setting selinux to permissive

After a reboot, it never boots into system but instead it boots directly to recovery each time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spaceoid

betacrypt

Jan 17, 2018
Hello @lubik1
It's possible you compile a LineageOS 18.1 (or 17.1) rom?

Kind regards
Android 10 roms don't seem to work with this, only 11. LOS 18.1 works well but crDroid (which is Lineage based) also runs smoothly and has great customization options on top of this. You can get the latest here (with May 2021 security patch):

Make sure to download the AB version.

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
Android 10 roms don't seem to work with this, only 11. LOS 18.1 works well but crDroid (which is Lineage based) also runs smoothly and has great customization options on top of this. You can get the latest here (with May 2021 security patch):

How is GPS on these ROMs? Does it have the general problems all X Compact ROMs seem to have?

mister-13x

Mar 4, 2015

The question is, the firmware works but not everything is so smooth in them, the night light does not work, it turns on and the screen color remains white, it does not work, with all the GPS, traffic in the status bar, no reaction, not all the Google camera works, most of the bands are multicolored, in the recovery from the reboot menu do not load, trlko in the system, mozhkt works better, but I have not tried, some problems, I have to return to Lineage 17 every time, although the betka but works stably.

betacrypt

Jan 17, 2018
How is GPS on these ROMs? Does it have the general problems all X Compact ROMs seem to have?

I just installed briefly to do some quick testing I didn't run into GPS problems, but if it LOS 18.1 has them then this probably does do since crDroid is based on LOS. I was hoping to see more updates with this project, the boot verification error failure is a dealbraker for me as is the lack of GCam HDR support, only some mods work (6.xx) and even then the HDR processing takes a really long time.

Reactions: Spaceoid

Rendini

May 1, 2017
Earth
Hello dear experts!
I am very interested in flashing this ROM on my F5321 /kugo. While the title says "kugo", all the files at MEGA and Drive are for suzu. Since I wasn't sure, I just started as instructed in the first post, but unsurprisingly I receive the error, that my device is kugo and the image is for suzu. I hope it is no bother and that I did not overlook something obvious, but can somebody kindly point me in the right direction? Thx a bunch!

betacrypt

Jan 17, 2018
Hello dear experts!
I am very interested in flashing this ROM on my F5321 /kugo. While the title says "kugo", all the files at MEGA and Drive are for suzu. Since I wasn't sure, I just started as instructed in the first post, but unsurprisingly I receive the error, that my device is kugo and the image is for suzu. I hope it is no bother and that I did not overlook something obvious, but can somebody kindly point me in the right direction? Thx a bunch!
Hey download the file that has F5321 in it. That's the XC version. You can disregard that it still says suzu in it.

Rendini

May 1, 2017
Earth
Hey download the file that has F5321 in it. That's the XC version. You can disregard that it still says suzu in it.
Great, thanks! Like I said, overlooked something obvious like model number!
Works very well now! No additional peculiarities to report. Will share if I find something!
Great work!

katayasu

Jul 5, 2020
Hey! Check out Dot OS on Compact - it runs very smooth and looking fantastic! There's some really good tweaks like changing color of UI based on your wallpaper and lockscreen clock styles. Some Android 12 vibe.
It runned after I switched SELinux to permissive.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][11.0][4.9][AOSP][KUGO] Explosive Lobster
    KUGO F5321

Hi! Just wanna share with you Android 11 ROM builded for Sony Xperia X Compact
    Many Thanks for development @Cubbins

I'm not responsible for any damage caused with your device after flashing this ROM. Flash only on your own risk.

This ROM bring us Treble support ( ARM64 A/B ) structure for all GSI images based on 11 Android. Just flash any GSI at System partition after it.

How to Install:
    1) Copy ROM to SD card and flash with recovery
    2) Download SW_BINARIES_FOR_XPERIA_ANDROID_9.0_2.3.2_V9_LOIRE.ZIP, unzip and copy image to sdcard too
    3) Flash Binaries with recovery to OEM/ODM partition
    4) reboot
    5) After reboot we need to flash/format userdata partition. So, download it and flash with ADB: fastboot flash userdata userdata.img or fastboot erase userdata
    6) reboot.

Warning:
    We use /cache partition at thid ROM as a /vendor, so if you format /cache partition on recovery - you'll catch a bootloop.

Features:

Working:

- Wi-Fi
    - Bluetooth
    - Fingerprint
    - Sensors
    - Camera
    - Calling
    - Music Playing
    - GPS

Not Working:
    You tell me

Sources:

build ROM sources:
    github.com/ExplosiveLobster

kernel sources:
    github.com/ExplosiveLobster/kernel_sony_msm-4.9

bug reports:
    github.com/ExplosiveLobster/bug_tracker/issues

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_20201221-232904.pngScreenshot_20201221-232826.png

Download:
    Google Drive
    Mega
    I cannot pass ctsProfile, too!
    ok, ok. Instruction for you guys
    I believe it helps you.
    Dude, you are AWESOME! :D This is crazy, you are so fast. XP
    It's a coffee motivation xD
    Another minor thing I figured out today: The notification LED does only show charging status, but never works when I receive a mail/WhatsApp.
    we know about it but it's not critical at this time... wi'll fix it on a one of next updates (if we can)
    Edit1: Better to ask early - when next build is released, do we have to do clean flash or can we do dirty flash without wiping everything?
    we'll see, if we don't touch system partitions, then we can flash over previous build, and if we touch they, you must flash update as a clean rom from zero.
    I was about to ask the same. Are the 10 binaries not compatible?
    Binaries has dependence from kernel version, not from Android version.
    SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_10.0.7.1_r1_v7a_loire binaries was developed for 4.14 kernel, we need binaries for 4.9 version of kernel.
    In any case part of blobs we'll update and they'll caming with vendor.
    Are the Flame Gapps in your Google Drive the Gapps you recommend, or can we just use OpenGapps as usual? :) This is my first experience with Android 11.

Edit1: Installation worked like a charm with your description. For me, there was no change after flashing userdata.img. The phone behaved the same way, whether I flashed userdata.img or I did not. What did NOT work was just to delete userdata - then my phone would show an error message after boot and just shut down again.
    After every boot, I receive the error message “There’s an internal problem with your device Contact your manufacturer for details”. According to Google, this has something to do with Treble. I will install my apps now and get the tests going. Thank you SO much for this. If you leave your PayPal here somewhere, I will send you some small bucks that I can afford for the good development.