[ROM][11.0][4.9][AOSP][SUZU] Explosive Lobster

Search This thread

zaqm

• Apr 8, 2017
    Sometimes you can get kernel panic when you turn on the device. But while using android, I didn't observe kernel panic, but I have not run any stability tests yet, so everything is possible. I'm working on it.
    I've read that it's connected with the max cpu frequency which in 4.9 kernel is 2.1 or 2.2 Ghz and Sdm 650 supports up to 1.8.

zaqm

• Apr 8, 2017
    Can't find right now the commit that was used to "fix" the reboots but there was sth with the frequencies. Nevermind let's hope that this rom is not affected by this issue.
    EDIT: found the fix https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/kernel/pull/2262 but this is only when the cpu is overclocked.

Last edited:

tamisoft

Jan 27, 2010
    Meant to ask if it is a normal behavior on the phone that since unlocking the bootloader, the reboots go to some limbo mode if the pc is connected. (Led indicates blue, as if it was fastboot, but device manager says just: Android).

You put quite a bit of work into this! :) Respect

Last edited:

twain55

Jan 21, 2018
    Hey, Wi-Fi doesn't work on my F5122. adb logcat says something like init vendor hal failed-has some problems with kernel. I tried both, the kernel downloaded from Sony's website and the kernel linked in the google drive folder, but none of them work. I followed the steps exactly as mentioned. I even tried again after reflashing stock firmware, but no luck..

MichaBit

May 6, 2015
    Hey, Wi-Fi doesn't work on my F5122. adb logcat says something like init vendor hal failed-has some problems with kernel. I tried both, the kernel downloaded from Sony's website and the kernel linked in the google drive folder, but none of them work. I followed the steps exactly as mentioned. I even tried again after reflashing stock firmware, but no luck..

Same issue here, you can swipe wifi on, bud it stays out of order and no connection. 🆖

Cubbins

Nov 26, 2015
    Meant to ask if it is a normal behavior on the phone that since unlocking the bootloader, the reboots go to some limbo mode if the pc is connected. (Led indicates blue, as if it was fastboot, but device manager says just: Android).

You put quite a bit of work into this! :) Respect
    Please clarify this behavior is occurs on the stock firmware or our custom ROM?

Thanks!😉

Cubbins

Nov 26, 2015
    Thanks for this work ! And for keeping the Xperia X alive.
    Does microG work with this build ? Is the GPS working now ?
    Thanks.

I'm on the street now
    Screenshot_20210103-121057.pngScreenshot_20210103-121103.png

mase76

Aug 26, 2011
    For MicroG this patch is necessary:
    It would also work with Nanodroid, but it would be nice, if you could apply the patch.
    When there are no more Bluetooth and random reboot issues, I will give it a try. This could be the only available AOSP ROM with a recent security level. Thanks for that!

Reactions: tbspoon

tbspoon

Mar 1, 2016
    For MicroG this patch is necessary:
    It would also work with Nanodroid, but it would be nice, if you could apply the patch.
    When there are no more Bluetooth and random reboot issues, I will give it a try. This could be the only available AOSP ROM with a recent security level. Thanks for that!

It would be great. I have tried to install microG but the rom does not support signature spoofing. Except that it works very well. Thanks for the work.

mase76

Aug 26, 2011
    Oh yes, I forgot Signature Spoofing. The patch for that can be found here:
    I will file an issue with the links to the patches later today.

Reactions: tbspoon and Cubbins

MichaBit

May 6, 2015
    For any new ROM (begining from 9 Android) you need new bootloader on your device. It will be automaticaly update if you flash a stock 8.0 ROM with Emma or FlashTool

I did it and its running. ☑
    But does this ROM not have FOTAkernel?
    When I install recovery via
    'dd if = / sdcard / twrp.img of = / dev / block / bootdevice / by-name / FOTAKernel'
    volume + boot remains empty on my device. 🤔

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Agreed. The 4.9 kernel seems to be the root cause of numerous issues, and unless a kernel developer is able to spend time fixing it (unlikely since this device is so old and not worth the trouble), we will have to come to terms that further improvements and fixes to these issues will not be possible.

If Chippa_a releases device tree + vendor blobs (cuz he has a quite stable 3.10 kernel which could be found here ) then further development can be done on it I believe
      but he went offline quite long ago.
      [ROM][11.0][4.9][AOSP][SUZU] Explosive Lobster
      SUZU F5121 and F5122

Hi! Just wanna share with you Android 11 ROM builded for Sony Xperia X (will never die)
      Many Thanks for development @Cubbins

I'm not responsible for any damage caused with your device after flashing this ROM. Flash only on your own risk.

This ROM bring us Treble support ( ARM64 A/B ) structure for all GSI images based on 11 Android. Just flash any GSI at System partition after it.

How to Install:
      1) Copy ROM to SD card and flash with recovery
      2) Download SW_BINARIES_FOR_XPERIA_ANDROID_9.0_2.3.2_V9_LOIRE.ZIP, unzip and copy image to sdcard too
      3) Flash Binaries with recovery to OEM/ODM partition
      4) reboot
      5) After reboot we need to flash/format userdata partition. So, download it and flash with ADB: fastboot flash userdata userdata.img or fastboot erase userdata
      6) reboot.

Warning:
      We use /cache partition at thid ROM as a /vendor, so if you format /cache partition on recovery - you'll catch a bootloop.

Features:

Working:

- Wi-Fi
      - Bluetooth
      - Fingerprint
      - Sensors
      - Camera
      - Calling
      - Music Playing
      - GPS
      - Encrypting Data

Not Working:
      You tell me

Sources:

build ROM sources:
      github.com/ExplosiveLobster

kernel sources:
      github.com/ExplosiveLobster/kernel_sony_msm-4.9

bug reports:
      github.com/ExplosiveLobster/bug_tracker/issues

Screenshots:
      Screenshot_20201221-232823.pngScreenshot_20201221-232826.pngScreenshot_20201221-232904.pngScreenshot_20201221-232946.png

Download:
      Google Drive
      Mega
      New builds is up!
      Changelog:

1. Jan 5, 2021 security patch.
      2. Kernel tag update as well as the rest sources.
      3. GPS improvements.
      4. Fixed compressed audio offload.
      5. Fixed VoIP (microphone in apps such as Discord, Skype, etc).
      6. Signature spoofing support.
      7. Added some default apps such as Music, Gallery.
      8. Default Camera app replaced with SnapdragonCamera.
      9. Improved camera stability in third-party apps.
      10. Initial Xperia X Compact build (Loire Kugo).
      Upcoming update (later this week):
      1. Jan 5, 2021 security patch.
      2. Kernel tag update as well as the rest sources.
      3. GPS improvements.
      4. Fixed compressed audio offload.
      5. Fixed VoIP (microphone in apps such as Discord, Skype, etc).
      6. Signature spoofing support.
      7. Added some default apps such as Music, Gallery.
      8. Default Camera app replaced with SnapdragonCamera.
      9. Improved camera stability in third-party apps.
      10. Initial Xperia X Compact build (Loire Kugo).
      Updated.

Changelog:
      1) Fixed Calling
      2) Fixed Music Playing
      3) Fixed recovery (bug with AOSP recovery installing after reboot)
      4) Latest Sources and security patch
      Sorry for the long absence. We will release an update soon with some cool (maybe not) fixes.
      Stay tuned. Thanks!