• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0][4.9][AOSP][SUZU] Explosive Lobster

Search This thread

DigitalDreamer

Jun 9, 2010
Any idea how to enable Google play services to always use the location instead when "only in use"?
I think that's the reason why network location doesn't work for me

tbspoon

Mar 1, 2016
A small update:

in microG I can not swith on the following permissions :
- access location in background
- receive SMS
(translated from french, not the exact terms)

Also microG keeps crashing.
I have installed it with the Magisk "microG installer revived" module.

Viper4Android does not work either.

Except that this ROM works like a charm !
Thanks a lot.

DigitalDreamer

Jun 9, 2010
Two more issues probably connected to Bluetooth.
1. After a while, connection is lost to smartwatch and can't reconnect (tried with Amazfit/Zepp Stratos 3)
2. Same happens with headphones for music and after turning the headphones off, there was no notification or media sound from the phone (calls were okay though).

DigitalDreamer

Jun 9, 2010

tamisoft

Jan 27, 2010
I have noticed one other thing, the camera seems to underexpose images by a lot, and it is pretty useless in the dark outside now. Like ISO is not stepping up. (came from stock android 8, so I don't know about 9-10) Noticed in the video recordings/previewsome green line noise sometimes as well, tried google camera and open camera.
Anyone noticed it?

MichaBit

May 6, 2015
Snoozing doesn't work.
If I also install Omniclock, I can snooze, but the displayed time was in all three tests wrong after just short time! o_O
What can I do?
How can I replace the system clock? ⏰
Amaze root explorer crashes very often.

GOrMHATRe

May 10, 2017
Sony Xperia X
I have installed this Rom on my phone and it is running well for now. Never thought Xperia X will see android R. I hope different devs converge their efforts on to develop a well working rom.

Couple of problems I have observed though:

Sometimes phone dies not boot up on restart. It just shuts down and has to be manually bootie then it reboots 1 more time to finish the process. Not alway but sometimes .

I am not able to get location. Now, this phone is my secondary phone . I have turned it into a Google less phone working on apps from foss and xda only. Hence I don't have gapps installed. Neuther I have any sim card in this phone. But I am not able to get location with gps and even wifi. I have observed this problem since android 10.
Is their any way around this? I would really like to have location without having to install gapps.

Thanks to lubik1 for bringing android 11 to Xperia X again.

CBlike

Nov 28, 2014
Has anyone tried any gsi? I tried descendant but it didn't boot, so any suggestions?
I tried Caos works fine except that phones gets heat a lot with out doing hard or intensive tasks also turn off by itself and also appers a message about "Your device has failed verification and may not work properly" but maybe that's a problem I have myself

anthonymatar1

Apr 19, 2020
I tried Caos works fine except that phones gets heat a lot with out doing hard or intensive tasks also turn off by itself and also appers a message about "Your device has failed verification and may not work properly" but maybe that's a problem I have myself
Yeah, well same here, with this rom. I believe these are the 4.9 kernel bugs, so any gsi will have them.
I am gonna retry with descendant, maybe this time it will boot. Thanks man(y)

Skudris

Dec 10, 2013
Riga

I have the same problem. And also the wifi does not work. Moved from Android 9 lineageOS (it works fine on it). I have not found a solution yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][11.0][4.9][AOSP][SUZU] Explosive Lobster
    SUZU F5121 and F5122

Hi! Just wanna share with you Android 11 ROM builded for Sony Xperia X (will never die)
    Many Thanks for development @Cubbins

I'm not responsible for any damage caused with your device after flashing this ROM. Flash only on your own risk.

This ROM bring us Treble support ( ARM64 A/B ) structure for all GSI images based on 11 Android. Just flash any GSI at System partition after it.

How to Install:
    1) Copy ROM to SD card and flash with recovery
    2) Download SW_BINARIES_FOR_XPERIA_ANDROID_9.0_2.3.2_V9_LOIRE.ZIP, unzip and copy image to sdcard too
    3) Flash Binaries with recovery to OEM/ODM partition
    4) reboot
    5) After reboot we need to flash/format userdata partition. So, download it and flash with ADB: fastboot flash userdata userdata.img or fastboot erase userdata
    6) reboot.

Warning:
    We use /cache partition at thid ROM as a /vendor, so if you format /cache partition on recovery - you'll catch a bootloop.

Features:

Working:

- Wi-Fi
    - Bluetooth
    - Fingerprint
    - Sensors
    - Camera
    - Calling
    - Music Playing
    - GPS
    - Encrypting Data

Not Working:
    You tell me

Sources:

build ROM sources:
    github.com/ExplosiveLobster

kernel sources:
    github.com/ExplosiveLobster/kernel_sony_msm-4.9

bug reports:
    github.com/ExplosiveLobster/bug_tracker/issues

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_20201221-232823.pngScreenshot_20201221-232826.pngScreenshot_20201221-232904.pngScreenshot_20201221-232946.png

Download:
    Google Drive
    Mega
    New builds is up!
    Changelog:

1. Jan 5, 2021 security patch.
    2. Kernel tag update as well as the rest sources.
    3. GPS improvements.
    4. Fixed compressed audio offload.
    5. Fixed VoIP (microphone in apps such as Discord, Skype, etc).
    6. Signature spoofing support.
    7. Added some default apps such as Music, Gallery.
    8. Default Camera app replaced with SnapdragonCamera.
    9. Improved camera stability in third-party apps.
    10. Initial Xperia X Compact build (Loire Kugo).
    Upcoming update (later this week):
    1. Jan 5, 2021 security patch.
    2. Kernel tag update as well as the rest sources.
    3. GPS improvements.
    4. Fixed compressed audio offload.
    5. Fixed VoIP (microphone in apps such as Discord, Skype, etc).
    6. Signature spoofing support.
    7. Added some default apps such as Music, Gallery.
    8. Default Camera app replaced with SnapdragonCamera.
    9. Improved camera stability in third-party apps.
    10. Initial Xperia X Compact build (Loire Kugo).
    Updated.

Changelog:
    1) Fixed Calling
    2) Fixed Music Playing
    3) Fixed recovery (bug with AOSP recovery installing after reboot)
    4) Latest Sources and security patch
    Sorry for the long absence. We will release an update soon with some cool (maybe not) fixes.
    Stay tuned. Thanks!