• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0][4.9][AOSP][SUZU] Explosive Lobster

Search This thread

SoNyek

May 30, 2017
Yeah Lubik!!! That's incredible to see Android 11 - How you say Xperia X will never die :D Yeah... All downloaded and will flash it in the next days. Dumb up!! Few days ago i was thinking about buying a new Phone lol... No way! ITS STILL ALIVE!!

kloroform

Oct 4, 2014
Kolkata
Its been a long since I flashed any custom ROM on my Xperia X F5122 and currently using LinageOS. Can anyone guide me with the process, when to flash the GSI image? Right after flashing the explosive lobster.zip or after I flash the userdata.img using ADB?

1) Copy ROM to SD card and flash with recovery
2) Download SW_BINARIES_FOR_XPERIA_ANDROID_9.0_2.3.2_V9_LOIRE.ZIP and Flash
3) reboot
4) After reboot flashADB: fastboot flash userdata userdata.img or fastboot erase userdata

So where do the GSI flashing part comes in?

and also which GSI image I use from this list

thanks in advance

EDIT:
ok so I have flashed and can boot into the ROM but unable to make any GSI image work. Tried dotOS and HavocOS, but none of them are working. Stuck on bootloop. Which GSI are you guys using?

Last edited:

GOrMHATRe

May 10, 2017
Sony Xperia X
Its been a long since I flashed any custom ROM on my Xperia X F5122 and currently using LinageOS. Can anyone guide me with the process, when to flash the GSI image? Right after flashing the explosive lobster.zip or after I flash the userdata.img using ADB?

3) reboot
4) After reboot flashADB: fastboot flash userdata userdata.img or fastboot erase userdata

thanks in advance

EDIT:
ok so I have flashed and can boot into the ROM but unable to make any GSI image work. Tried dotOS and HavocOS, but none of them are working. Stuck on bootloop. Which GSI are you guys using?
No one has mentioned any working GSI as of yet for this Rom.

TechnoHT

Aug 27, 2019
Sony Xperia X
Sony Xperia XZ1

3) reboot

thanks in advance

EDIT:
i did get Havoc 4.1 and LineageOS 18, CorvusOS work and no problem so far, just trying to figure out why you have bootloop :)

kloroform

Oct 4, 2014
Kolkata
oh I found out why I was having bootloop, I was flashing the Explosive Lobster ROM and then again sending the GSI system image. I just patched the boot and Vendor to cache partition and then applying GSI worked. I am currently using Lineage OS R Mode (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/unofficial-lineageos-r-mod-lir.4237683/)

Also tested Havoc 4.1, tested ResurrectionOS which is Android 10 using the old treble boot and vendor images
CorvusOS for some reason didn't worked for me. dotOS 5 made for Poco X2 worked for some reason.

Currently using Lineage OS R Mod and the ROM is working fine.

Kople12

Mar 4, 2021
oh I found out why I was having bootloop, I was flashing the Explosive Lobster ROM and then again sending the GSI system image. I just patched the boot and Vendor to cache partition and then applying GSI worked. I am currently using Lineage OS R Mode (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/unofficial-lineageos-r-mod-lir.4237683/)

Also tested Havoc 4.1, tested ResurrectionOS which is Android 10 using the old treble boot and vendor images
CorvusOS for some reason didn't worked for me. dotOS 5 made for Poco X2 worked for some reason.

Sorry I'm kinda new here. How do you patch the boot and vendor to cache partition? Also I can boot successfully in Havoc, Lineage,... but when I reboot my phone, it always says: "your device has failed verification and may not work properly" and then turn off itself.

TechnoHT

Aug 27, 2019
Sony Xperia X
Sony Xperia XZ1
Sorry I'm kinda new here. How do you patch the boot and vendor to cache partition? Also I can boot successfully in Havoc, Lineage,... but when I reboot my phone, it always says: "your device has failed verification and may not work properly" and then turn off itself.
to use cache as vendor use command "fastboot flash cache vendor.img"
the "your device has failed verification and may not work properly" is kernel panic problem i think, it happen randomly, i never got it before but get the UI freeze and flickering :c

Kople12

Mar 4, 2021

How do you install dotOS 5?

tbspoon

Mar 1, 2016
A quick update on my F5121:
I have installed the 06022021 ROM successfully but I add to install the previous one (07012021) before.
MicroG works flawlessly. Calls, WIFI, 4G, GPS, Bluetooth too.
I have not tested NFC but I don't use it.
The only issue for me it that the front camera can not be used. The camera app does not see it. I have not tested with Signal yet.
Thanks to the developpers for their work.

edit: I had 4 freezes in one day with different apps. I had to force shutdown.

Last edited:
Reactions: 57op

Shandiiman

Dec 18, 2020
SUZU F5121 and F5122

Hi! Just wanna share with you Android 11 ROM builded for Sony Xperia X (will never die)
Many Thanks for development @Cubbins

I'm not responsible for any damage caused with your device after flashing this ROM. Flash only on your own risk.

This ROM bring us Treble support ( ARM64 A/B ) structure for all GSI images based on 11 Android. Just flash any GSI at System partition after it.

How to Install:
2) Download SW_BINARIES_FOR_XPERIA_ANDROID_9.0_2.3.2_V9_LOIRE.ZIP, unzip and copy image to sdcard too
3) Flash Binaries with recovery to OEM/ODM partition
4) reboot
5) After reboot we need to flash/format userdata partition. So, download it and flash with ADB: fastboot flash userdata userdata.img or fastboot erase userdata
6) reboot.

Warning:
We use /cache partition at thid ROM as a /vendor, so if you format /cache partition on recovery - you'll catch a bootloop.

Features:

Working:

- Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth
- Fingerprint
- Sensors
- Camera
- Calling
- Music Playing
- GPS
- Encrypting Data

Not Working:
You tell me

Sources:

build ROM sources:
github.com/ExplosiveLobster

kernel sources:
github.com/ExplosiveLobster/kernel_sony_msm-4.9

bug reports:
github.com/ExplosiveLobster/bug_tracker/issues

Screenshots:
View attachment 5166209View attachment 5166211View attachment 5166213View attachment 5166215

Download:
Google Drive
Mega
i just followed the instructions, but my f5122 has bootloop 😥

kloroform

Oct 4, 2014
Kolkata

57op

Jun 9, 2011
A quick update on my F5121:
I have installed the 06022021 ROM successfully but I add to install the previous one (07012021) before.
MicroG works flawlessly. Calls, WIFI, 4G, GPS, Bluetooth too.
I have not tested NFC but I don't use it.
The only issue for me it that the front camera can not be used. The camera app does not see it. I have not tested with Signal yet.
Thanks to the developpers for their work.

edit: I had 4 freezes in one day with different apps. I had to force shutdown.
i was installing 0602 and my device was bootlooping.
i read your post, tried 0701, and now it works! thanks :)

i don't know how you managed to boot 0602.
on my device stays endlessly on the boot animation ("android"), while logcat shouts lots of errors/warnings.
i rolled back to 0701 for the moment

TechnoHT

Aug 27, 2019
Sony Xperia X
Sony Xperia XZ1
Hello, can you help me with CorvusOS? I successfully booted LineageOS 18 and Havoc 4.1 but I am always facing a bootloop while trying to flash CorvusOS. Any help will be appreciated! Thank youu
According to what kloroform have said, you should boot with default system image to prevent encryption, so you can dirty flash Corvus (´・ᴗ・ ` ), if it still not working, boot with Magisk on default and flash Corvus

kloroform

Oct 4, 2014
Kolkata
The problem with the GSI ROMs getting stuck on bootloop during first boot or from the second boot onwards is due to the device encryption. You can follow these steps for the GSIs which are resulting into bootloops such as DotOS 5 or CA OS (Tested).

1. First go to TWRP make a backup if you haven't and wipe everything except MicroSD and USBOTG
2. Now connect the device to a computer in fastboot mode (Hold Vol+ and insert USB cable)
3. Flash old TWRP-Q by Sjll
4. Flash boot img, vendor img to cache, flash oem and flash the GSI image you prefer but bootlooping
5. Now go to recovery, go to wipe and format data, reboot to recovery once again
6. Now flash this Disable Force Encryption zip in TWRP (mount system and data if its not mounted automatically)
7. Now reboot to system for once and then go back to flash GApps if you want to
8. Reboot to system, GSI should boot this time, confirm by rebooting after first boot as some GSIs are stuck from second boots
9. You can flash latest TWRP back once again from fastboot now
10. Flash Magisk path fix if you are unable to get root even after flashing Magisk

TWRP-Q: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X96WR85-pMnrp4jAgj-BboUkDyDu6VcB/view?usp=sharing
Latest TWRP (3.4.0.2): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XNt3UGb04IWu5lYDGCLRMru5DXyxg0Ri/view?usp=sharing
Disable Force Encryption: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11TEXieCsd3QCZcSdFplZQO_hEzccfqsK/view?usp=sharing
GApps for 11: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eZJ67cQpobyleHuD8pSS-_9Q007ecZfC/view?usp=sharing
Magisk path fix: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wPsyZejT4zvRwFO0YFiFJcGwP1x55BGe/view?usp=sharing
Permissiver v5 (optional): https://drive.google.com/file/d/10qAaGkEC7Ai3wCgnz06aE3pucvApGJR-/view?usp=sharing
GSI Images: https://sourceforge.net/projects/amber-gsi/files/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SUZU F5121 and F5122

Hi! Just wanna share with you Android 11 ROM builded for Sony Xperia X (will never die)
    Many Thanks for development @Cubbins

I'm not responsible for any damage caused with your device after flashing this ROM. Flash only on your own risk.

This ROM bring us Treble support ( ARM64 A/B ) structure for all GSI images based on 11 Android. Just flash any GSI at System partition after it.

How to Install:
    2) Download SW_BINARIES_FOR_XPERIA_ANDROID_9.0_2.3.2_V9_LOIRE.ZIP, unzip and copy image to sdcard too
    3) Flash Binaries with recovery to OEM/ODM partition
    4) reboot
    5) After reboot we need to flash/format userdata partition. So, download it and flash with ADB: fastboot flash userdata userdata.img or fastboot erase userdata
    6) reboot.

Warning:
    We use /cache partition at thid ROM as a /vendor, so if you format /cache partition on recovery - you'll catch a bootloop.

Features:

Working:

- Wi-Fi
    - Bluetooth
    - Fingerprint
    - Sensors
    - Camera
    - Calling
    - Music Playing
    - GPS
    - Encrypting Data

Not Working:
    You tell me

Sources:

build ROM sources:
    github.com/ExplosiveLobster

kernel sources:
    github.com/ExplosiveLobster/kernel_sony_msm-4.9

bug reports:
    github.com/ExplosiveLobster/bug_tracker/issues

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_20201221-232823.pngScreenshot_20201221-232826.pngScreenshot_20201221-232904.pngScreenshot_20201221-232946.png

Download:
    Google Drive
    Mega
    New builds is up!
    Changelog:

1. Jan 5, 2021 security patch.
    2. Kernel tag update as well as the rest sources.
    3. GPS improvements.
    4. Fixed compressed audio offload.
    5. Fixed VoIP (microphone in apps such as Discord, Skype, etc).
    6. Signature spoofing support.
    7. Added some default apps such as Music, Gallery.
    8. Default Camera app replaced with SnapdragonCamera.
    9. Improved camera stability in third-party apps.
    10. Initial Xperia X Compact build (Loire Kugo).
    Upcoming update (later this week):
    1. Jan 5, 2021 security patch.
    2. Kernel tag update as well as the rest sources.
    3. GPS improvements.
    4. Fixed compressed audio offload.
    5. Fixed VoIP (microphone in apps such as Discord, Skype, etc).
    6. Signature spoofing support.
    7. Added some default apps such as Music, Gallery.
    8. Default Camera app replaced with SnapdragonCamera.
    9. Improved camera stability in third-party apps.
    10. Initial Xperia X Compact build (Loire Kugo).
    Updated.

Changelog:
    1) Fixed Calling
    2) Fixed Music Playing
    3) Fixed recovery (bug with AOSP recovery installing after reboot)
    4) Latest Sources and security patch
    Sorry for the long absence. We will release an update soon with some cool (maybe not) fixes.
    Stay tuned. Thanks!