• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0][4.9][AOSP][SUZU] Explosive Lobster

Search This thread

ls-cat

Mar 30, 2021
I've kept using the stock rom on F5121 for a long while and am dipping my feet in the custom rom scene again, but fail hard at installing this rom. Can someone please elaborate in which order which partitions need to be flashed (fastboot) and when/which zip files need to be installed?
Also why do the instructions not mention anything about the treble files or a GSI? Are they not required? Most of the time when doing what the instructions say I end up with boot loops but more often with the 2021-02-06 version, while the 2021-01-07 is easier to install (but buggier).
A bit of context is greatly appreciated, since i'm not even sure which boot.img to use.

57op

Jun 9, 2011
I've kept using the stock rom on F5121 for a long while and am dipping my feet in the custom rom scene again, but fail hard at installing this rom. Can someone please elaborate in which order which partitions need to be flashed (fastboot) and when/which zip files need to be installed?
Also why do the instructions not mention anything about the treble files or a GSI? Are they not required? Most of the time when doing what the instructions say I end up with boot loops but more often with the 2021-02-06 version, while the 2021-01-07 is easier to install (but buggier).
A bit of context is greatly appreciated, since i'm not even sure which boot.img to use.

flashing order doesn't matter (as long you do not boot into the system before flashing everything).
about treble files or GSI: they could be used if you plan to use a different rom (like LineageOS, or whatever, you can find some links in the previous pages) but not needed to run this rom (which anyway flashes boot partition and cache partition as vendor).

last but not least, 2021-02-06 doesn't boot for me as well... i managed to boot 2021-01-07 version and later i flashed LineageOS Mod R but i must say it doesn 't work really well (random reboots, notification leds doesn't work).

i, too, would like to know if other users managed to boot 2021-02-06 version.

ls-cat

Mar 30, 2021
Maybe it was how i reset the userdata, but in all cases where flashing the 2021-02-06 version worked, I flashed the oem binaries before (not after) the rom zip.

57op

Jun 9, 2011
Maybe it was how i reset the userdata, but in all cases where flashing the 2021-02-06 version worked, I flashed the oem binaries before (not after) the rom zip.
well, thanks.
i'll try flashing 02-06 version again tomorrow, but i would really love not to erase /data.

would it be possible to flash boot and cache/vendor only from newest release?

ls-cat

Mar 30, 2021
well, thanks.
i'll try flashing 02-06 version again tomorrow, but i would really love not to erase /data.

would it be possible to flash boot and cache/vendor only from newest release?
Yeah, I flashed stock rom (probably not required if boot image is compatible) and installed the oem binaries and then only the newest EL rom. it somehow worked, but in between some steps i wiped my userdata. probably not required. BTW i'm back to stock since I noticed that Google Pay does not work with unlocked bootloader.

57op

Jun 9, 2011
Yeah, I flashed stock rom (probably not required if boot image is compatible) and installed the oem binaries and then only the newest EL rom. it somehow worked, but in between some steps i wiped my userdata. probably not required. BTW i'm back to stock since I noticed that Google Pay does not work with unlocked bootloader.
so, i tried several times without luck.
i read this topic from the beginning and found out that, also thank to you, that flashing latest stock rom is what i was missing!

so, just to recap:
  1. boot in flash mode and flash stock rom with emma (latest version "34.4.A.2.118-R4E")
  2. boot in fastboot mode and flash oem (SW_binaries...img) and erase data (fastboot erase data)
  3. always in fastboot mode flash recovery TWRP
  4. boot in recovery mode and flash ExplosiveLobster 0602 version
  5. restart
thanks again, now i'll try to install Lineage GSI and recover my lost data :)

57op

Jun 9, 2011
getting a lot of freeze lately:
Code:
04-06 18:00:23.151   598   598 E RenderEngine: failed to wait for EGL native fence sync: 0x300c
04-06 18:00:23.151   598   598 E RenderEngine: failed to wait on fence fd
04-06 18:00:23.151   598   598 W Adreno-GSL: <gsl_ldd_control:548>: ioctl fd 12 code 0xc040094a (IOCTL_KGSL_GPU_COMMAND) failed: errno 35 Resource deadlock would occur
04-06 18:00:23.151   598   598 W Adreno-GSL: <log_gpu_snapshot:457>: panel.gpuSnapshotPath is not set.not generating user snapshot

Reactions: TechnoHT

betacrypt

Jan 17, 2018
Has anyone tried using GCam variants with HDR+? Last time I tried it, any pictures I took with HDR were rendered as garbled pink lines. GCam HDR+ worked great on Treble 9 or AOSP 9/10 so wondering why not the case with this config.

GOrMHATRe

May 10, 2017
Sony Xperia X
Installed Feb update after a lot trouble earlier . The performance is smooth. But the freezing and flickering is too irritating. The Dev seems to be inactive, no updates in last 3 months as well. I wonder if it will be better to switch back to Android 10 based rom.

justfun666

Jan 17, 2021
Installed Feb update after a lot trouble earlier . The performance is smooth. But the freezing and flickering is too irritating. The Dev seems to be inactive, no updates in last 3 months as well. I wonder if it will be better to switch back to Android 10 based rom.
Yeah, its probably the best to switch back, seems like this one is dead, but TBH the best ROM for me is the LineageOS 16 by Chippa_a
Tried every rom here, and Lineage is the best, everything works, performance is great, havent had any bugs in the final versions. I highly recommend that one!

GOrMHATRe

May 10, 2017
Sony Xperia X
Yeah, its probably the best to switch back, seems like this one is dead, but TBH the best ROM for me is the LineageOS 16 by Chippa_a
Tried every rom here, and Lineage is the best, everything works, performance is great, havent had any bugs in the final versions. I highly recommend that one!

Lineage 16 is still on Pie. I like to update android which is why I got into custom ROMs in the 1st place. Is that AOSP 10 ROM by ParanoidNemo good enough ?

kereth

Oct 2, 2014
Hi.

@Cubbins, @lubik1:

Firstly: Thank You very much for the ROM!

I'd like to report though that neither Wi-Fi Hotspot, nor USB Tethering works for me. When trying to enable a hotspot an "error" message is displayed and when trying to enable tethering practically nothing happens. Do You have any plans to work on it soon? Is it even possible for You to fix it Yourself or does it somehow depend on Sony or something else? It is quite important for me to have at least one of them working.

The good thing is that Bluetooth Tethering works. My concern is that it seems to be a slow option, comparing to the others though.

Last edited:

kereth

Oct 2, 2014
Hi.

@Cubbins, @lubik1:

Firstly: Thank You very much for the ROM!

I'd like to report though that neither Wi-Fi Hotspot, nor USB Tethering works for me. When trying to enable a hotspot an "error" message is displayed and when trying to enable tethering practically nothing happens. Do You have any plans to work on it soon? Is it even possible for You to fix it Yourself or does it somehow depend on Sony or something else? It is quite important for me to have at least one of them working.

The good thing is that Bluetooth Tethering works. My concern is that it seems to be a slow option, comparing to the others though.

Oh, I found out the comment (thank You @twain55 !) about Android 10 ROM and discovered that, just as with that one, disabling ADB Debugging makes USB tethering work in this ROM!

And just to inform anyone interested in getting to know issues with the ROM:
- From time to time I've been experiencing some screen hang: touch has been working (sound also I believe) and I could turn off the screen, but after turning it back on the same thing has been displayed so I've been just restarting the phone.
- Auto-brightness has not seem to work as expected to me.
- USB OTG has worked for a mouse, but I haven't managed to mount and use a pendrive (even in some appllication which should support it I believe).

Last edited:

mase76

Aug 26, 2011
I have screen hangs in my old lineage, too. What works for me is, I open the pulldown menu and enter the settings once. After closing the settings, the device is responsible again.

mase76

Aug 26, 2011
I think, until the annoying kernel 4.9 issues aren't fixed, the device will run end-of-life. And I also think, that fixed won't happen.
Today I replaced my battery again, but I am not sure, how long I can keep using this device. So sad. The hardware is ok, but the software and patch level is too old.

TechnoHT

Aug 27, 2019
Sony Xperia X
Sony Xperia XZ1
I think, until the annoying kernel 4.9 issues aren't fixed, the device will run end-of-life. And I also think, that fixed won't happen.
Today I replaced my battery again, but I am not sure, how long I can keep using this device. So sad. The hardware is ok, but the software and patch level is too old.
I took a few attemps on trying to resolve the GPU hang issue
but seem like it's kinda impossible to debug, the only thing can be checked here is that it's triggered by Adreno blobs with Magisk installed....

betacrypt

Jan 17, 2018
Agreed. The 4.9 kernel seems to be the root cause of numerous issues, and unless a kernel developer is able to spend time fixing it (unlikely since this device is so old and not worth the trouble), we will have to come to terms that further improvements and fixes to these issues will not be possible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][11.0][4.9][AOSP][SUZU] Explosive Lobster
    SUZU F5121 and F5122

Hi! Just wanna share with you Android 11 ROM builded for Sony Xperia X (will never die)
    Many Thanks for development @Cubbins

I'm not responsible for any damage caused with your device after flashing this ROM. Flash only on your own risk.

This ROM bring us Treble support ( ARM64 A/B ) structure for all GSI images based on 11 Android. Just flash any GSI at System partition after it.

How to Install:
    1) Copy ROM to SD card and flash with recovery
    2) Download SW_BINARIES_FOR_XPERIA_ANDROID_9.0_2.3.2_V9_LOIRE.ZIP, unzip and copy image to sdcard too
    3) Flash Binaries with recovery to OEM/ODM partition
    4) reboot
    5) After reboot we need to flash/format userdata partition. So, download it and flash with ADB: fastboot flash userdata userdata.img or fastboot erase userdata
    6) reboot.

Warning:
    We use /cache partition at thid ROM as a /vendor, so if you format /cache partition on recovery - you'll catch a bootloop.

Features:

Working:

- Wi-Fi
    - Bluetooth
    - Fingerprint
    - Sensors
    - Camera
    - Calling
    - Music Playing
    - GPS
    - Encrypting Data

Not Working:
    You tell me

Sources:

build ROM sources:
    github.com/ExplosiveLobster

kernel sources:
    github.com/ExplosiveLobster/kernel_sony_msm-4.9

bug reports:
    github.com/ExplosiveLobster/bug_tracker/issues

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_20201221-232823.pngScreenshot_20201221-232826.pngScreenshot_20201221-232904.pngScreenshot_20201221-232946.png

Download:
    Google Drive
    Mega
    New builds is up!
    Changelog:

1. Jan 5, 2021 security patch.
    2. Kernel tag update as well as the rest sources.
    3. GPS improvements.
    4. Fixed compressed audio offload.
    5. Fixed VoIP (microphone in apps such as Discord, Skype, etc).
    6. Signature spoofing support.
    7. Added some default apps such as Music, Gallery.
    8. Default Camera app replaced with SnapdragonCamera.
    9. Improved camera stability in third-party apps.
    10. Initial Xperia X Compact build (Loire Kugo).
    Upcoming update (later this week):
    1. Jan 5, 2021 security patch.
    2. Kernel tag update as well as the rest sources.
    3. GPS improvements.
    4. Fixed compressed audio offload.
    5. Fixed VoIP (microphone in apps such as Discord, Skype, etc).
    6. Signature spoofing support.
    7. Added some default apps such as Music, Gallery.
    8. Default Camera app replaced with SnapdragonCamera.
    9. Improved camera stability in third-party apps.
    10. Initial Xperia X Compact build (Loire Kugo).
    Updated.

Changelog:
    1) Fixed Calling
    2) Fixed Music Playing
    3) Fixed recovery (bug with AOSP recovery installing after reboot)
    4) Latest Sources and security patch
    Sorry for the long absence. We will release an update soon with some cool (maybe not) fixes.
    Stay tuned. Thanks!