[ROM][11.0][4.9][AOSP][SUZU] Explosive Lobster

Search This thread
Agreed. The 4.9 kernel seems to be the root cause of numerous issues, and unless a kernel developer is able to spend time fixing it (unlikely since this device is so old and not worth the trouble), we will have to come to terms that further improvements and fixes to these issues will not be possible.

If Chippa_a releases device tree + vendor blobs (cuz he has a quite stable 3.10 kernel which could be found here ) then further development can be done on it I believe
but he went offline quite long ago.

kloroform

Oct 4, 2014
Kolkata
If Chippa_a releases device tree + vendor blobs (cuz he has a quite stable 3.10 kernel which could be found here ) then further development can be done on it I believe
but he went offline quite long ago.
I dont know Russian but the date stamp 11.6.2021 on his profile here may be staying last seen on 11.6.21, which is today?

So anyone with a 4pda account can contact him there

I dont know Russian but the date stamp 11.6.2021 on his profile here may be staying last seen on 11.6.21, which is today?

So anyone with a 4pda account can contact him there
That timestamp tells you the current time in his country, not something similar to last online or last activity
His last post on 4PDA was around October 2020, I tried to contact him before but no luck :|

vinirodrisant

Aug 6, 2020
Hello friend, I need TWRP or some recovery that is not standard system, there is how to make a video tutorial teaching how to install this rom, I'm a little confused.🤔

tareqabamawi

Jul 9, 2020
irbid
Hello sir ..

I faced many problems installing any ROM on my phone. I always followed the steps, but many problems appear, most of them are the problem of Bootloop. Can you make a video explaining the steps in detail, or if this is difficult, the steps can be written in detail, starting from deleting the ROM to installing the applications at the end..

And another question:
In the event that a specific problem appears, and this is possible, since the version is beta, is the solution accomplished by installing a new update for the ROM and the same steps, or a direct update from within the phone, and does it send notifications to fix the problem to the phone?

with lot of thanks ..
i'm using now LineageOS " Android 9 " ..

SUZU F5121 and F5122

Hi! Just wanna share with you Android 11 ROM builded for Sony Xperia X (will never die)
Many Thanks for development @Cubbins

I'm not responsible for any damage caused with your device after flashing this ROM. Flash only on your own risk.

This ROM bring us Treble support ( ARM64 A/B ) structure for all GSI images based on 11 Android. Just flash any GSI at System partition after it.

How to Install:
1) Copy ROM to SD card and flash with recovery
2) Download SW_BINARIES_FOR_XPERIA_ANDROID_9.0_2.3.2_V9_LOIRE.ZIP, unzip and copy image to sdcard too
3) Flash Binaries with recovery to OEM/ODM partition
4) reboot
5) After reboot we need to flash/format userdata partition. So, download it and flash with ADB: fastboot flash userdata userdata.img or fastboot erase userdata
6) reboot.

Warning:
We use /cache partition at thid ROM as a /vendor, so if you format /cache partition on recovery - you'll catch a bootloop.

Features:

Working:

- Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth
- Fingerprint
- Sensors
- Camera
- Calling
- Music Playing
- GPS
- Encrypting Data

Not Working:
You tell me

Sources:

build ROM sources:
github.com/ExplosiveLobster

kernel sources:
github.com/ExplosiveLobster/kernel_sony_msm-4.9

bug reports:
github.com/ExplosiveLobster/bug_tracker/issues

Screenshots:
View attachment 5166209View attachment 5166211View attachment 5166213View attachment 5166215

Download:
Google Drive
Mega
I think I'm doing something wrong here, I did all the steps. I was using the xperia stock rom (Android Marshmallow)
First I flashed twrp recovery img using Google's SDK platform tools then I copied the rom and binaries to my sd card then I didn't erase anything, I directly flashed the rom then the binaries to OEM/ODM partition. Then I reboot and it goes to bootloop. Then I flashed userdata using SDK platform tool then reboot again and still it goes into bootloops. I really wanna try this rom out, some help would be great as I'm noob at this. Thank you.

Edit: I'm using F5122.

57op

Jun 9, 2011
I think I'm doing something wrong here, I did all the steps. I was using the xperia stock rom (Android Marshmallow)
First I flashed twrp recovery img using Google's SDK platform tools then I copied the rom and binaries to my sd card then I didn't erase anything, I directly flashed the rom then the binaries to OEM/ODM partition. Then I reboot and it goes to bootloop. Then I flashed userdata using SDK platform tool then reboot again and still it goes into bootloops. I really wanna try this rom out, some help would be great as I'm noob at this. Thank you.

Edit: I'm using F5122.
it happened to me as well, see if following the steps in this post helps:

The ROM's pretty great so far, never thought I'd use Android 11 on this phone. Although I'm experiencing some issues, after rebooting the phone it takes some time to detect the sim card and while using the phone it suddenly lags out and stays like that until I force restart it by holding the power button and the volume up button. Is there anyone else who's facing this problem as well?

57op

Jun 9, 2011
The ROM's pretty great so far, never thought I'd use Android 11 on this phone. Although I'm experiencing some issues, after rebooting the phone it takes some time to detect the sim card and while using the phone it suddenly lags out and stays like that until I force restart it by holding the power button and the volume up button. Is there anyone else who's facing this problem as well?
about sim card, everything works fine here.
the second problem you mentioned is a real bummer... happens to me, and others as well.
most probably, it's related to gpu drivers which deadlock.
you basically see a flickering or frozen image, meanwhile the phone is responsive: you can do anything, just you can't see what you're doing lol

more details here:

there's no ETA for a fix :(

did you, perhaps, install magisk? just asking... i hardly believe it is related, but some guy said so.

GOrMHATRe

May 10, 2017
Screen fluttering problem has been occurring since latest rom release. It is some problem with the new kernel I think.
Unfortunately the dev is not active here anymore. Hence, this is almost a dead ROM now.

57op

Jun 9, 2011
So If I flash previous builds of this ROM I won't face this problem? If not, let me know, cause then I'll flash previous builds.
the previous build (07012021) has a lot of random reboots followed by a bootloader message like this "There's an internal problem with your device Contact your manufacturer for details".

random reboots still happen on 06022021, but not that often and not with that message (for what it's worth).
it is a different issue than screen freeze and flicker (i.e. device stays on and reactive, the screen is frozen, you need to manually reboot to restore screen functionality vs automatically reboots)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SUZU F5121 and F5122

Hi! Just wanna share with you Android 11 ROM builded for Sony Xperia X (will never die)
    Many Thanks for development @Cubbins

I'm not responsible for any damage caused with your device after flashing this ROM. Flash only on your own risk.

This ROM bring us Treble support ( ARM64 A/B ) structure for all GSI images based on 11 Android. Just flash any GSI at System partition after it.

How to Install:
    1) Copy ROM to SD card and flash with recovery
    2) Download SW_BINARIES_FOR_XPERIA_ANDROID_9.0_2.3.2_V9_LOIRE.ZIP, unzip and copy image to sdcard too
    3) Flash Binaries with recovery to OEM/ODM partition
    4) reboot
    5) After reboot we need to flash/format userdata partition. So, download it and flash with ADB: fastboot flash userdata userdata.img or fastboot erase userdata
    6) reboot.

Warning:
    We use /cache partition at thid ROM as a /vendor, so if you format /cache partition on recovery - you'll catch a bootloop.

Features:

Working:

- Wi-Fi
    - Bluetooth
    - Fingerprint
    - Sensors
    - Camera
    - Calling
    - Music Playing
    - GPS
    - Encrypting Data

Not Working:
    You tell me

Sources:

build ROM sources:
    github.com/ExplosiveLobster

kernel sources:
    github.com/ExplosiveLobster/kernel_sony_msm-4.9

bug reports:
    github.com/ExplosiveLobster/bug_tracker/issues

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_20201221-232823.pngScreenshot_20201221-232826.pngScreenshot_20201221-232904.pngScreenshot_20201221-232946.png

Download:
    Google Drive
    Mega
    New builds is up!
    Changelog:

1. Jan 5, 2021 security patch.
    2. Kernel tag update as well as the rest sources.
    3. GPS improvements.
    4. Fixed compressed audio offload.
    5. Fixed VoIP (microphone in apps such as Discord, Skype, etc).
    6. Signature spoofing support.
    7. Added some default apps such as Music, Gallery.
    8. Default Camera app replaced with SnapdragonCamera.
    9. Improved camera stability in third-party apps.
    10. Initial Xperia X Compact build (Loire Kugo).
    Upcoming update (later this week):
    1. Jan 5, 2021 security patch.
    2. Kernel tag update as well as the rest sources.
    3. GPS improvements.
    4. Fixed compressed audio offload.
    5. Fixed VoIP (microphone in apps such as Discord, Skype, etc).
    6. Signature spoofing support.
    7. Added some default apps such as Music, Gallery.
    8. Default Camera app replaced with SnapdragonCamera.
    9. Improved camera stability in third-party apps.
    10. Initial Xperia X Compact build (Loire Kugo).
    Updated.

Changelog:
    1) Fixed Calling
    2) Fixed Music Playing
    3) Fixed recovery (bug with AOSP recovery installing after reboot)
    4) Latest Sources and security patch
    Sorry for the long absence. We will release an update soon with some cool (maybe not) fixes.
    Stay tuned. Thanks!