[ROM][11.0][4.9][AOSP][SUZU] Explosive Lobster

Search This thread
the previous build (07012021) has a lot of random reboots followed by a bootloader message like this "There's an internal problem with your device Contact your manufacturer for details".

random reboots still happen on 06022021, but not that often and not with that message (for what it's worth).
it is a different issue than screen freeze and flicker (i.e. device stays on and reactive, the screen is frozen, you need to manually reboot to restore screen functionality vs automatically reboot
It would be great if the developer fixed it, I'd love to use this ROM as daily driver.

Aladdin.Attopy

Jan 12, 2019
SUZU F5121 and F5122

Hi! Just wanna share with you Android 11 ROM builded for Sony Xperia X (will never die)
Many Thanks for development @Cubbins

I'm not responsible for any damage caused with your device after flashing this ROM. Flash only on your own risk.

This ROM bring us Treble support ( ARM64 A/B ) structure for all GSI images based on 11 Android. Just flash any GSI at System partition after it.

How to Install:
1) Copy ROM to SD card and flash with recovery
2) Download SW_BINARIES_FOR_XPERIA_ANDROID_9.0_2.3.2_V9_LOIRE.ZIP, unzip and copy image to sdcard too
3) Flash Binaries with recovery to OEM/ODM partition
4) reboot
5) After reboot we need to flash/format userdata partition. So, download it and flash with ADB: fastboot flash userdata userdata.img or fastboot erase userdata
6) reboot.

Warning:
We use /cache partition at thid ROM as a /vendor, so if you format /cache partition on recovery - you'll catch a bootloop.

Features:

Working:

- Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth
- Fingerprint
- Sensors
- Camera
- Calling
- Music Playing
- GPS
- Encrypting Data

Not Working:
You tell me

Sources:

build ROM sources:
github.com/ExplosiveLobster

kernel sources:
github.com/ExplosiveLobster/kernel_sony_msm-4.9

bug reports:
github.com/ExplosiveLobster/bug_tracker/issues

Screenshots:
View attachment 5166209View attachment 5166211View attachment 5166213View attachment 5166215

Download:
Google Drive
Mega
Runs smoothly on my device except sometimes the phone just freeze and won't respond so I have to HARD POWER OFF and POWER ON to make it work.
- Connecting my bluetooth headseet (LG HBS900) that supports HD Audio (Qualcomm aptX audio) keeps connecting and disconnecting, so I had to turn HD Audio (OFF) on my bluetooth headset options to fix this bug.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211126-075134.png
    Screenshot_20211126-075134.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 48

human7000

Nov 29, 2021
Hello. I've tried following the installation instructions in the first post using twrp-3.3.1.0. The ROM installs, but the firmware is not visible from the install menu. It is visible in the file browser.

Can anyone help me on from here? How do I flash the firmware file to the OEM partition?

kereth

Oct 2, 2014
Hello. I've tried following the installation instructions in the first post using twrp-3.3.1.0. The ROM installs, but the firmware is not visible from the install menu. It is visible in the file browser.

Can anyone help me on from here? How do I flash the firmware file to the OEM partition?
Have You tried tapping "Install Image" after selecting "Install"? This is more connected to TWRP then to this ROM I believe by the way.

human7000

Nov 29, 2021
Thanks a lot for the reply. I had missed that option. It did it, the phone boots.
Maybe it should've been posted under twrp.

Reactions: kereth

mase76

Aug 26, 2011
I think, the further Android support ended for this device. There are only very old ROMs available. I wouldn't use these, because of some very annoying bugs and the very old patchlevel. If you want to continue using this device, I recomment to switch to SailfishOS, which still delivers updates.

Reactions: Superkenel

Superkenel

Nov 6, 2021
Sony Xperia X
Sony Xperia XA2
I think, the further Android support ended for this device. There are only very old ROMs available. I wouldn't use these, because of some very annoying bugs and the very old patchlevel. If you want to continue using this device, I recomment to switch to SailfishOS, which still delivers updates.
Thanks you so much I didn't know sailffish os and Xperia X.

In order to play with android and stuff like that, I've bought a rebuilded as new Xperia X from aliexpess for 60โ‚ฌ+12โ‚ฌ taxes ans fees. It's like new ( low price high 4G compatibillity, ubuntu, lineage os, 3Go Ram, 6 cores ).

I am actually using it only to play with OS ;-), but nyway when I'll get a fully working degooglesided phone I've some friends that are really interested to buy some may be for 82-87 โ‚ฌ ( I'll charge 10-15โ‚ฌ because I've spend a lo of time ).
Actually I'm using an old GSM phone ( but the 2G GPRS antenna are going to close ), and an unrooted wiko UFeel ( only for the GPS in car, or internet in hollidays ).

Superkenel

Nov 6, 2021
Sony Xperia X
Sony Xperia XA2
That's not really good, Sailfish os for Xperia X is 4.4.4 Android support and 49.90 โ‚ฌ : lol !

mase76

Aug 26, 2011
I am not talking about Android support in SFOS. When I want to use Android apps, I have to buy an AOSP maintained Android phone. When I install SFOS, I want to use native apps. You can use a free version without Android support. Maybe SFOS isn't the OS you want to use, but it is definitely the best solution for this device now. Sony will not fix the kernel bugs. Sad to say, Android on this device is dead. I also had to abandon this device. The hardware is still ok for me, but the software is not.

Reactions: SoNyek

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SUZU F5121 and F5122

Hi! Just wanna share with you Android 11 ROM builded for Sony Xperia X (will never die)
    Many Thanks for development @Cubbins

I'm not responsible for any damage caused with your device after flashing this ROM. Flash only on your own risk.

This ROM bring us Treble support ( ARM64 A/B ) structure for all GSI images based on 11 Android. Just flash any GSI at System partition after it.

How to Install:
    1) Copy ROM to SD card and flash with recovery
    2) Download SW_BINARIES_FOR_XPERIA_ANDROID_9.0_2.3.2_V9_LOIRE.ZIP, unzip and copy image to sdcard too
    3) Flash Binaries with recovery to OEM/ODM partition
    4) reboot
    5) After reboot we need to flash/format userdata partition. So, download it and flash with ADB: fastboot flash userdata userdata.img or fastboot erase userdata
    6) reboot.

Warning:
    We use /cache partition at thid ROM as a /vendor, so if you format /cache partition on recovery - you'll catch a bootloop.

Features:

Working:

- Wi-Fi
    - Bluetooth
    - Fingerprint
    - Sensors
    - Camera
    - Calling
    - Music Playing
    - GPS
    - Encrypting Data

Not Working:
    You tell me

Sources:

build ROM sources:
    github.com/ExplosiveLobster

kernel sources:
    github.com/ExplosiveLobster/kernel_sony_msm-4.9

bug reports:
    github.com/ExplosiveLobster/bug_tracker/issues

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_20201221-232823.pngScreenshot_20201221-232826.pngScreenshot_20201221-232904.pngScreenshot_20201221-232946.png

Download:
    Google Drive
    Mega
    New builds is up!
    Changelog:

1. Jan 5, 2021 security patch.
    2. Kernel tag update as well as the rest sources.
    3. GPS improvements.
    4. Fixed compressed audio offload.
    5. Fixed VoIP (microphone in apps such as Discord, Skype, etc).
    6. Signature spoofing support.
    7. Added some default apps such as Music, Gallery.
    8. Default Camera app replaced with SnapdragonCamera.
    9. Improved camera stability in third-party apps.
    10. Initial Xperia X Compact build (Loire Kugo).
    Upcoming update (later this week):
    1. Jan 5, 2021 security patch.
    2. Kernel tag update as well as the rest sources.
    3. GPS improvements.
    4. Fixed compressed audio offload.
    5. Fixed VoIP (microphone in apps such as Discord, Skype, etc).
    6. Signature spoofing support.
    7. Added some default apps such as Music, Gallery.
    8. Default Camera app replaced with SnapdragonCamera.
    9. Improved camera stability in third-party apps.
    10. Initial Xperia X Compact build (Loire Kugo).
    Updated.

Changelog:
    1) Fixed Calling
    2) Fixed Music Playing
    3) Fixed recovery (bug with AOSP recovery installing after reboot)
    4) Latest Sources and security patch
    Sorry for the long absence. We will release an update soon with some cool (maybe not) fixes.
    Stay tuned. Thanks!