[ROM][11.0][Alpha] DerpFest for OnePlus 5T [Official][2020-02-21]

Kokalebougre

Dec 7, 2016
Paris
Hello. Short silly question - having problems with my bank account and unlocked bootloader. Same issue with Microsoft intune work profile. I'm unable to use none of mentioned apps just for it.
So, I'm wondering, any chances to have bootloader locked to run derp? Or use a cheat Im still not aware of?
Regards.
Are you using magisk hide ?

Kokalebougre

Dec 7, 2016
Paris
No, I'm not using magisk at all. No need of it, rom is full of cheats already.
Guessing culprits are incription or safety issues. On oos I'm alright.
usually when a banking app is not working is because it detects that your device is unlocked. you can try to install magisk and active magisk hide to fix that.
and no you can not stay on custom rom with locked bootloader

Reactions: cukierkas

TomDeW

Sep 2, 2015
Which recovery do you use? I cannot do this test, but on TWRP Blue Spark it is not possible to bypass the pin screen.
I have it using TWRP Official and using the Orange Fox Recovery Project.
Not being able to bypass the screen is good, but doesn"t solve the fact that the files don"t seem encrypted.
Installing another recovery through adb gives you access again.

Anyone knows how this is possible ? I know in the past when you bypassed the pincode or put in a wrong one you would get a lot of gibberisch filenames and it was impossible to open them on pc or other phone. That is i.m.o. the purpose of encryption, but this seems totally gone now.

bramby

Sep 30, 2013
I have it using TWRP Official and using the Orange Fox Recovery Project.
Not being able to bypass the screen is good, but doesn"t solve the fact that the files don"t seem encrypted.
Installing another recovery through adb gives you access again.

Anyone knows how this is possible ? I know in the past when you bypassed the pincode or put in a wrong one you would get a lot of gibberisch filenames and it was impossible to open them on pc or other phone. That is i.m.o. the purpose of encryption, but this seems totally gone now.
I cannot tell you why the Official TWRP does not encrypt your data, but at a quick glance mine with the Blue Spark seem to be, so I advised you to install it, not only because you could not bypass the pin code, of course.

cukierkas

May 26, 2010
Seems situation is stabilazed.
Previously I was using bluespark last version twrp, now switched to orange fox tarp december one with android 11 support.
Reformated all partitions, instaled once more withoud magisk, all went fine.

Another two questions. Camera. What gcam version you're guys using or recommending?
Rolling screenshot. Didn't find this option. Any chances to have it enabled?

Kokalebougre

Dec 7, 2016
Paris
Seems situation is stabilazed.
Previously I was using bluespark last version twrp, now switched to orange fox tarp december one with android 11 support.
Reformated all partitions, instaled once more withoud magisk, all went fine.

Another two questions. Camera. What gcam version you're guys using or recommending?
Rolling screenshot. Didn't find this option. Any chances to have it enabled?
Latest version from Nikita https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-Nikita/
with dotfix 6.0 magisk module

pizzamarinara

Jan 23, 2021
I use Derpfest version 11-Official-Alpha-cheeseburger-20210118 build number Derpfest 11 build RQ1A.210105.003 on OnePlus 5 and i can't install or even display updates in settings:

"The update check failed. Please check your internet connection and try again later."
Last checked: 1 January 1970 (01:00)

Any advice?

Kokalebougre

Dec 7, 2016
Paris
I use Derpfest version 11-Official-Alpha-cheeseburger-20210118 build number Derpfest 11 build RQ1A.210105.003 on OnePlus 5 and i can't install or even display updates in settings:

"The update check failed. Please check your internet connection and try again later."

Any advice?

cukierkas

May 26, 2010
Hello again. What you guys have with AOD? Always on display. In my case it doesn't turns off att all. Nor in the pocket, nor with proximaty sensor covered. It should be turned off after 15sec, but it's not :(
Another thing - memory management is awesome, 8gb is fully loaded, nearly 20+ apps are hanging - nothing like on oos :D And heavy ones, like 200mb pdf and MS Teams :D Das ist fantastisch :D

Kokalebougre

Dec 7, 2016
Paris
Hello again. What you guys have with AOD? Always on display. In my case it doesn't turns off att all. Nor in the pocket, nor with proximaty sensor covered. It should be turned off after 15sec, but it's not :(
Another thing - memory management is awesome, 8gb is fully loaded, nearly 20+ apps are hanging - nothing like on oos :D And heavy ones, like 200mb pdf and MS Teams :D Das ist fantastisch :D
Yep devs are aware of aod and pocket mode issues
I suggest you to join the telegram channel for better support

bramby

Sep 30, 2013
Thanks, will try! Can you give the link to the version you use?
I've Downloaded and installed it with a software called "Android All in One toolbox".

This is the log of the error "Huawei Mobile Service" Crash: https://del.dog/acefamanun.txt (This problem haunting me).

Someone has problem with the mic? So i know if I can try at reinstall of the app or it's a rom problem. (I think it's a Rom problem because i've problem with all app, like Telegram and Whatsapp).

dsiva

Dec 14, 2013
Toronto, CA
I've Downloaded and installed it with a software called "Android All in One toolbox".

This is the log of the error "Huawei Mobile Service" Crash: https://del.dog/acefamanun.txt (This problem haunting me).

Someone has problem with the mic? So i know if I can try at reinstall of the app or it's a rom problem. (I think it's a Rom problem because i've problem with all app, like Telegram and Whatsapp).
I have the same issue. People can't hear me on Duo. I have to speak close to the mic for people to hear me or use a bluetooth headphones.

I am not sure if this is just the ROM. I feel like the issue got introduced with OOS update. I was on OOS couple of weeks ago and had the issue.

If anyone had this issue and solved it, please let us know.

Reactions: bramby

pizzamarinara

Jan 23, 2021

Any advice?
Follow-up question: If I don't succed in automatical updates, is it possible to do that manually (with TWRP) without losing any personal data?

bramby

Sep 30, 2013
I have the same issue. People can't hear me on Duo. I have to speak close to the mic for people to hear me or use a bluetooth headphones.

I am not sure if this is just the ROM. I feel like the issue got introduced with OOS update. I was on OOS couple of weeks ago and had the issue.

If anyone had this issue and solved it, please let us know.
This morning I lost my patience and I reset the phone to the factory settings. Then not happy I reflashed the rom, now it seems ok.

bramby

Sep 30, 2013
This morning I lost my patience and I reset the phone to the factory settings. Then not happy I reflashed the rom, now it seems ok.
Today the problem has returned. I thought it was the Bluetooth headphones connected, but then the problem seems to be gone again and so with both headphones and without headphones, everything worked.
I tried to replicate the problem using split screen (which was present when I had the problem), but again no results.
I can't find the source of the problem, but the weird thing is that I never had it with the old versions of DerpFest.
Here, however, I need the help of the developer who tells me which tests to perform. I am always available to do any tests, but if these tests are not asked of me I don't know what to do.
I understand that following the development of a rom is difficult, I am the first to say that if a problem is not serious it can wait. However, here the problem is huge, a phone that you don't understand what you are saying is useless. I don't really understand if it's just me who has this huge problem or if others don't notice. How can such a big problem go unnoticed?
I am hoping for help from the developer to fix the problem as soon as possible.