• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[ROM][11.0][Alpha] DerpFest for OnePlus 5T [Official][2020-12-01]

NurKeinNeid

Aug 3, 2014
Berlin

Code:
[B][CENTER]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****

NOTE: I allow off topics in my thread. I'm also open for any fun. Discussion about ROMs is permitted as far suggestions. However what isn't tolerated is belittling of devs and or their work. Thank you. :)
[/CENTER][/B]
DerpFest 11
About us:
Derpfest is an UNOFFICIAL, heavily customized build of AOSiP. It uses a base of AOSiP and adds features that AOSiP doesnt have.
note: AOSiP and DerpFest teams are in no way related.
Team DerpFest:

Alexander Brunswig (nurkeinneid)
David Setiawan

Bug reporting:

• DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
  • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Latest Downloads:

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

NOTE: Make sure you're on OOS 10 Hotfix firmware, otherwise camera and maybe other things don't work correctly

Firmware 10.0.0-H1 for Oneplus 5T (thanks to Crdroid):
Download here

DerpFest-11-Official-Alpha-dumpling-20201201

Google Drive

Sourceforge mirror

DerpFest-11-CI-Alpha-cheeseburger-20201202.

Note: cheeseburger has lazy kernel instead of nos kernel by default

Firmware 10.0.0-H1 for Oneplus 5 (thanks to Crdroid):
Download here

Google Drive

Sourceforge mirror

Thanks for all your feedback, and support!

FAQ and Install instructions:

Install instructions:
Have an unlocked bootloader, and TWRP installed/booted
(Not gonna be explained here, there'll be threads in this forum somewhere)
Wipe system and data (don't report anything bugs if you dirty flashed over another ROM)
Flash the ROM, Magisk, or any other mods (again, don't report bugs if you can't reproduce them with just ROM)
Reboot into the system, and enjoy the derpness!

Current Issues/Information:

* If you want to use third party auto fill/password manager, you need to update Google app to latest beta version
* Disable ambient sense if you experience audio stutter
* You have to use pattern for TWRP to decrypt on R

Credit/Thanks:

Mike Williams (founder and creator of AOSiP)
Google for Android and AOSP
LineageOS
AICP
ABC ROM
AquariOS
BootleggersROM
PixelExperience
OmniROM
Cory Collins
---------
Any others we may have forgotten to credit
And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

XDA:DevDB Information
DerpFest, ROM for the OnePlus 5T

Contributors @NurKeinNeid
ROM Source [url]https://github.com/DerpFest-11[/URL]
Kernel Source [url]https://github.com/DerpFest-Devices/kernel_oneplus_msm8998[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 11.x
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 10.0.0-H1
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Alpha

Created 2019-10-05
Last Updated 2020-12-01

Last edited:

IonutP

Jul 13, 2011
London
I think today's build for dumpling is stable enough to be used as a daily driver. David will hopefully follow soon for cheeseburger. College always comes first ofc. I'll let you guys know here when 1005 build for cheese is also up.
Yeap, seems stable until now, didn't notice any bugs. Will report back if any. BTW, what gcam version are you guys using?

Reactions: NurKeinNeid

cukierkas

May 26, 2010
Wow, long time waited :D
Regards, it's nice to have a support and and alpha build already. Regards.

Ps, that's was the first time I was refreshing the thread twice a day through all all my carrier in xda. Well done, intriguing.

Last edited:

NurKeinNeid

Aug 3, 2014
Berlin
Yeap, seems stable until now, didn't notice any bugs. Will report back if any. BTW, what gcam version are you guys using?
You're right. I forgot :D

As usual the addition for the GCam lovers, the link to the excellent GCam by @Urnyx05:

Arnova-Urnyx05-Gcam7 (Download)

Note: DotFix is not included. I was not sure how well that works for Q. I don't use camera very often.

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone