• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][AOSP] PixelExperience for OnePlus Nord N10 5G [UNOFFICIAL][BILLIE]

Search This thread

Buckeyesha

Dec 4, 2013
I am having an issue. Every time I run "adb sideload rom.zip" it says "cannot read rom.zip"

I have installed the latest adb drivers, tried a different mirror, and I keep getting the same error.

TIA for your help.
You need to be in recovery and activate sideload within recovery. Also be sure you are adding ".zip" at end of file name in the command

Buckeyesha

Dec 4, 2013
Lol yes I am in recovery with sideload activated and my file ends in .zip. The trouble seems to be the computer reading the zip file

Lol yes I am in recovery with sideload activated and my file ends in .zip. The trouble seems to be the computer reading the zip file.
You are NOT using twrp...right? I'm only asking and commenting because I had same problem. Adb sideload wouldn't read the zip file. For some reason .zip was removed from filename after copy/paste, TWRP does not work. And you must make sure you are on correct partition, and enable mtp...oops..and latest adb \fastboot drivers.

Last edited:

xVincentx

Apr 4, 2019
North Liberty, IA
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that DT2W does work on this build, at least when using AoD. I'm using it right now to write this message. Thank you for an amazing ROM build that doesn't crash the kernel when turning off any form of WiFi AP functions! The official build does that on me.

Reactions: JazzieBoi
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that DT2W does work on this build, at least when using AoD. I'm using it right now to write this message. Thank you for an amazing ROM build that doesn't crash the kernel when turning off any form of WiFi AP functions! The official build does that on me.
Bruh one question Does the FM work ? if so would you care to share the Fm radio apk pls.

xVincentx

Apr 4, 2019
North Liberty, IA
No sadly, the phone has no FM receiver module inside it. You need that in order for any FM signal to make it into the phone, regardless of headphones.
Edit: I forgot to mention that it's a feature that Android device makers have been phasing out.

No sadly, the phone has no FM receiver module inside it. You need that in order for any FM signal to make it into the phone, regardless of headphones.
Edit: I forgot to mention that it's a feature that Android device makers have been phasing out.
I though they would have rectified the modules in this custom rom. i have tried reversing engineering but ended up failure.

xVincentx

Apr 4, 2019
North Liberty, IA
What I meant was they didn't put the hardware in the phone, that's a OnePlus thing. Most modern Android makers won't put an FM module in their phones in order to receive FM radio because it gives them less cost overhead to make money on.

Nov 21, 2011
North Ogden
diau.net
Thank you very much for the ROM, I guess it is also an unspoken rule but don't put a Password/Fingerprint/PIN in or it will encrypt your device, TWRP & The Pixel Experience Recovery's didn't work unless I hadn't put the security pin/fingerprint/pattern/password on my device. On my Oneplus N10 5G For the life of me, it took me a day to figure this out and it ate 10 hours of my life over a silly password/fingerprint on the setup!
anyone else encounter an error in the final step?

sideload to 47% then quite by itself. And I am stuck in fast boot mode.

C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools>adb.exe sideload C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip
serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~0%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~1%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~2%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~3%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~4%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~5%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~6%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~7%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~8%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~9%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~10%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~11%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~12%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~13%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~14%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~15%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~16%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~17%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~18%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~19%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~20%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~21%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~22%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~23%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~24%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~25%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~26%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~27%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~28%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~29%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~30%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~31%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~32%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~33%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~34%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~35%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~36%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~37%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~38%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~39%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~40%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~41%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~42%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~43%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~44%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~45%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~46%) serving: 'C:\Users\omega\Desktop\platform-tools\PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20210920-1729-UNOFFICIAL.zip' (~47%) Total xfer: 1.00x
I had the same exact issue. It was caused by phone encryption; I had put a PIN/Password/Fingerprint/Pattern in; That would have encrypted your phone and TWRP and the Pixel Experience Recovery won't work given my experience, You will need the MSM to factory reset your phone to try again with a fresh OOS 10.x ROM and upgrade it via OTA till you see OOS 11.x. So with 10 hours of my life wasted figuring this out I hope this helps someone avoid the same fate.

PS... I finally got it to install, but for some reason, Windows couldn't do it, I had to flash via Linux Distros as Windows 11 would not read the rom.zip file, but for some reason was just fine with the recovery.zip file. So yeah, I don't know what that was about.

Last edited:

JazzieBoi

Oct 3, 2013
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Thank you very much for the ROM, I guess it is also an unspoken rule but don't put a Password/Fingerprint/PIN in or it will encrypt your device, TWRP & The Pixel Experience Recovery's didn't work unless I hadn't put the security pin/fingerprint/pattern/password on my device. On my Oneplus N10 5G For the life of me, it took me a day to figure this out and it ate 10 hours of my life over a silly password/fingerprint on the setup!

I had the same exact issue. It was caused by phone encryption; I had put a PIN/Password/Fingerprint/Pattern in; That would have encrypted your phone and TWRP and the Pixel Experience Recovery won't work given my experience, You will need the MSM to factory reset your phone to try again with a fresh OOS 10.x ROM and upgrade it via OTA till you see OOS 11.x. So with 10 hours of my life wasted figuring this out I hope this helps someone avoid the same fate.

PS... I finally got it to install, but for some reason, Windows couldn't do it, I had to flash via Linux Distros as Windows 11 would not read the rom.zip file, but for some reason was just fine with the recovery.zip file. So yeah, I don't know what that was about.
So simply removing your pattern, pin, fingerprint, etc didn't solve the issue?

Any Luck on rooting with Magisk?

I have installed the Pixel Experience rom and so far so good, but I would definitely like to root. What would the procedure be? Can I use the stock boot.img that was already patched https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/root-n10-using-magisk.4197369/ , or do I have to pull the boot.img from pixel rom? I initially thought the rom would be already rooted, but apparently not so if you could let me know please how to do it.....thank you

UPDATE: I recommend not using the method below as it could make updating Pixel Experience a nightmare. I'll still leave the original post, but I suggest following @andreas__ guide here:

You can find the latest patched boot images for Pixel Experience there as well.

HOW TO ROOT THE NORD N10 BY SIDELOADING MAGISK

If you're on stock firmware or have your boot.img image readily available, check out @andreas__ excellent root guide here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/root-n10-using-magisk.4197369/. I recommend following that guide as it is easier to rollback to a non-rooted state if needed, like when needing to update your OS. If you don't care or for whatever reason don't have your boot.img image readily available, continue below.

TL;DR VERSION
  1. Download the recovery image and Magisk​
  2. Boot into bootloader/fastbootd adb reboot bootloader
  3. Boot with the recovery image fastboot boot recovery.img
  4. Go to "Apply update" and choose "Apply from ADB"​
  5. Sideload Magisk.apk adb sideload magisk.apk
  6. Reboot, open the Magisk app and let it complete the install.​
  7. Reboot again. Enjoy!​

For more info: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/root-nord-n10-by-sideloading-magisk.4350991/

Last edited:
Reactions: Spidermonkeyj75
October security patch build is up :) Sorry for the long delay!
Bruh you don’t have to say for the delay. I mean you are the one of the few people who keep the form of nord n10 alive. Also the nord team just pushed the security patch for October and build updated. So I know that it would take time to build patch updates.

Magisk patched boot images (as well as stock, if needed) are attached below for @kronflux latest Pixel Experience release:

PixelExperience_Plus_billie-11.0-20211023-0336-UNOFFICIAL

Follow @andreas__ guide if you need help rooting:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/root-n10-using-magisk.4197369/

I suggest not to flash this patched boot image, but to use it to temporarily boot your device.

fastboot boot /path/to/magisk_patched-23000.img

From there you can easily root with the Magisk app. It will automatically make a backup of your original boot image so you can easily roll-back and update Pixel Experience in the future.

Code:
md5 checksum

boot.img = a2ad1df5150f8c4ebe3dca266ff9af8f

magisk_patched-23000.img = 55d3b14afa7712f62b2b4376d7a7620a

EDIT: @kronflux, may you link these in the first post for anyone who might need it? Might be easier to find that way. Thanks!

Attachments

• boot.img
    96 MB · Views: 2
  • magisk_patched-23000.img
    96 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Spidermonkeyj75

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    November update:

This version includes OnePlusCamera instead of GCam, which should work better. The only thing not working is Nightscape mode.
    I have been using the Pixel Experience rom for a while now (back in October when I was taking the stock update to 11.0.1 something went wrong i was bricked and I could not get anything to work including booting into edl until I installed PE recovery and rom.) Now I would like to try to go back to stock rom oos 11 or even 10 (I recall liking 10 more than 11), but without twrp I can't figure out how to reinstall a stock rom. Can someone please give me instructions for how to do that? Can I use PE recovery and just flash it? Many thanks.
    you could do msm tool to go back to stock which would put you in stock rom android 10 then you could update to andriod 11. note that using msm tool would relock the bootloader. i mean you get stock rom with lock boot loader.
    So then I cannot use the pe recovery to wipe and load and install the zip of the stock firmware? I thought maybe that would work. ?
    That would also work. I'm just lazy bruh. I always put the phone in edl mode and do man tool for stock restore.
    Can you please clarify......can this rom be installed over stock OOS11, using PE recovery? You reference TWRP, which I am not using, so as long as full wipe using PE recovery, we're okay?
    No, as stated in the opening post, you must be running Oxygen OS 10 to install any of the currently available custom roms, as they are based on the Android 10 kernel from OnePlus, and they have yet to release the full sources for their Android 11 kernel.

If you're running on OOS11, you will have to downgrade.
    Thank you for that explanation. That being the case, would you anticipate that since the stock 11.0.2 has been pushed to our n10 5gs there will be eventually a custom rom that can be installed without downgrading? Or has the work stopped on this device. (I had previously used your "official" billie release non-plus version and thought it was great, so I was interested in trying the "plus" version, but I have been on stock 11.0.2 so I will have to decide what to do now...) Regarding TWRP, do you know if there is a version compatible with 11 that also will support restoring a backup? A while back I tried billie 3.5.2 but the restore function did not work, maybe I was doing something wrong, but all of this would be so much easier if we could create reliable backups and be able to restore our backups. Thanks again for your expertise, greatly appreciated....
    IF/when OnePlus re-syncs the Android 11 kernel, we should be able to compile a rom that can be flashed over both Oxygen OS 10 and 11, but they still have yet to give us any indication they intend to re-sync. So it really is an IF situation, not a when, sadly.
    I've been badgering them for months, with no success.

As for TWRP, the 'most' functional build is the original Billaids release, however none of them can properly back up and restore. This seems to be a complication with both trying to remain compatible with both OxygenOS 10 and 11, as well as TWRP simply not playing nice with A/B devices.
    I believe Eduardo is going to have another go at it soon, with the release of TWRP 3.6.0, so fingers crossed the A/B support is a bit stronger.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus Nord N10 5G [billie]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)
    Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    DT2W
    You tell me! :)

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    ONLY PIXEL EXPERIENCE ELEVEN PLUS CURRENTLY, NON PLUS WILL BE BUILT LATER

ROM: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664844936
    RECOVERY: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664844947

In case you need it for magisk or any other reason, here's the boot image as well:
    BOOT IMAGE: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=7161016148664844945

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Download the ROM and Recovery image
    2. Boot into bootloader/fastboot mode
    * adb reboot bootloader
    3. Flash the Recovery image
    * fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    4. Boot into Recovery
    * fastboot reboot-recovery
    5. Perform a Factory Reset/Wipe in Recovery
    6. Go to Apply Update and choose Apply from ADB
    7. Sideload the ROM
    * adb sideload rom.zip
    Reboot and voila!

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Follow us on Telegram

Contributors @iamsaalim, @kronflux, @eduardoa3677, @billaids

ROM source: https://github.com/PixelExperience
    Device sources: https://github.com/kronflux/device_oneplus_billie
    Kernel source: https://github.com/oneplus-sm6350-devs/kernel_oneplus_billie

ROM OS Version: 11.x

ROM Kernel: 4.19.81

ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS 10.x

Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 09-20-2021

Last Updated 11-23-2021
    November update:

This version includes OnePlusCamera instead of GCam, which should work better. The only thing not working is Nightscape mode.
    NICE ONE!!! THX for your Support my friend!!!! This ROM is all what I want with this wonderful Phone <3
    Bruh you don’t have to say for the delay. I mean you are the one of the few people who keep the form of nord n10 alive. Also the nord team just pushed the security patch for October and build updated. So I know that it would take time to build patch updates.