*ABANDONED* [ROM][OOS10][11.0] PE for Nord N10 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread
Nov 21, 2011
North Ogden
diau.net
So simply removing your pattern, pin, fingerprint, etc didn't solve the issue?
Correct, I had too MSM factory reset the phone removing the pin/password did not unencrypt the filesystem. It stayed encrypted and broke the recovery.zip. I had to use MSM on Windows, OTA update to OOS 11, bootloader unlock, all without a pin/pass, fastboot flash recovery.zip all on Linux, adb sideload ROM.zip on Linux. Windows wouldn't let me sideload the ROM.zip it would say it couldn't read the zip.

I am now successfully running the ROM. I also have latest Magisk and pass safety net.

In hindsight maybe factory reset in setting would have unencrypted the phone but I didn't think to try it at the time. I was mostly focusing to get MSM and adb sideload to work.

JazzieBoi

Oct 3, 2013
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Correct, I had too MSM factory reset the phone removing the pin/password did not unencrypt the filesystem. It stayed encrypted and broke the recovery.zip. I had to use MSM on Windows, OTA update to OOS 11, bootloader unlock, all without a pin/pass, fastboot flash recovery.zip all on Linux, adb sideload ROM.zip on Linux. Windows wouldn't let me sideload the ROM.zip it would say it couldn't read the zip.

I am now successfully running the ROM. I also have latest Magisk and pass safety net.

In hindsight maybe factory reset in setting would have unencrypted the phone but I didn't think to try it at the time. I was mostly focusing to get MSM and adb sideload to work.
Gotcha, I'm wondering if anyone else had this problem. What variant N10 are you using?

Gotcha, I'm wondering if anyone else had this problem. What variant N10 are you using?
I haven't had this problem and I've reinstalled Pixel Experience going from stock a few times now after restoring with MSM. I'm pretty sure as long as you're wiping the device as per the instructions in the OP, encryption shouldn't be an issue anyways or am I missing something?

EDIT: Wanted to clarify that I set up pin and fingerprint after MSM restore but before installing Pixel Experience. tbh I don't remember if I set it up again after re-unlocking the bootloader (device auto wipes) before installing Pixel Experience.

Last edited:

junk0

Jun 13, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Concerning the first install... I followed the instructions and ended up in a bootloader only boot. I thought it was pin/fingerprint related but I believe it was an a/b issue.
The install would go to 47% then complete successful but not load the OS, only bootloader.

The only way I got it to work was to set active a & flash then do a set active b and flash it. After that all worked as expected.

(I still saw the same 47% count & then success message but it worked after flashing a & b)

Last edited:

SoLIDSnake117

Oct 29, 2021
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Is it normal to receive an Error 7 when loading the ROM from TWRP? I know error 7 for TWRP is a security method that does not allow the user to install the ROM if it not compatible.
I tried to sideload the ROM with fastboot as the instructions have stated.

SoLIDSnake117

Oct 29, 2021
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Are you doing an initial install or updating an existing install of Pixel Experience? If you're doing an initial install did you wipe the device in Pixel Experience Recovery?
I did wipe the device twice after trying to install the Unofficial version.
I managed to run the Official one, but not the Unofficial since it gives me an error 7.
I didn't wanna fry my phone when trying again to re-run a new Unofficial version after it was giving me error 7.

I mean it would be awesome to run The PE Unoff, was because of bugs ( kinda like CyanogenMod nightlies and Stable). But apparently the Official one has a kernel panic bug when trying to run the Hotspot.

Last edited:

SoLIDSnake117

Oct 29, 2021
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
When flashing are starting off with Android 10 or Android 11?
I ran off from OOS11 because it was giving me an error with 5G
Later on I unlocked my phone Bootloader, to use PixelExp 11 with the Official thread.
Then I tried flashing the Unofficial version, and it gave me an error 7 which in TWRP terms it is a Security Mechanism that avoids running an unsupported rom

I ran off from OOS11 because it was giving me an error with 5G
Later on I unlocked my phone Bootloader, to use PixelExp 11 with the Official thread.
Then I tried flashing the Unofficial version, and it gave me an error 7 which in TWRP terms it is a Security Mechanism that avoids running an unsupported rom
This is straight from the Pixel Experience website:

"You are attempting to migrate from an unofficial build to official PixelExperience. A full data wipe is needed if you are coming from something other than an official build of PixelExperience."

Only problem is that you said you did wipe the device which should have fixed the issue. The only thing I can think of now is to start from scratch.

1. Restore with MSM
2. Upgrade to OOS 11
3. Unlock Bootloader
4. Install Pixel Experience Recovery
5.Wipe
6. Install Pixel Experience

SoLIDSnake117

Oct 29, 2021
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
This is straight from the Pixel Experience website:

"You are attempting to migrate from an unofficial build to official PixelExperience. A full data wipe is needed if you are coming from something other than an official build of PixelExperience."

Only problem is that you said you did wipe the device which should have fixed the issue. The only thing I can think of now is to start from scratch.

1. Restore with MSM
2. Upgrade to OOS 11
3. Unlock Bootloader
4. Install Pixel Experience Recovery
5.Wipe
6. Install Pixel Experience
I tried going to OOS, but whenever I got to Crash Dump, it boots back to the Bootloader. Unfortunately

SoLIDSnake117

Oct 29, 2021
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Yes EDL sorry. I used to be good with the Galaxy S3, but I wanted to modify my own n10

Edit 1: Hey sorry about the confusion, looks like I managed to get it back to OOS10 by using the thread from above. If I could buy you a beer I would sire. I just wish there was more support for this phone

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts