ROM][12.1][OOSCAM] DerpFest for OnePlus 8t/9r [04-20-22]

Search This thread

AxxPyrtlexx20

Aug 13, 2013
NY
xdaforums.com
Woah woah woah. I wasn't trying to seem ungrateful or anything. Out of all the OnePlus 8 roms, I like this one the most. I absolutely appreciate all the effort your putting in to figure out our issues. I apologize if it came off in any other way.

I will absolutely hit you up when I get out of work and we can work together to figure it out.
Sorry I don't even remember sending that message tbh lol I think I sent that while I was sleeping so my bad. That's fine just hit me up, my user name on tg is https://t.me/APyrtle93

AxxPyrtlexx20

Aug 13, 2013
NY
xdaforums.com
I can confirm it's working as well. This app wouldn't work on custom roms but now it is working for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730-154424_Nova7__01.png
    Screenshot_20210730-154424_Nova7__01.png
    12 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: efx7n

pratyush28

Oct 4, 2016
OnePlus 8T
Thank you, successfully flashed via TWRP. This is my first custom rom on the 8T and so far I am enjoying it. I am curious about one thing tho, do all custom roms now force encrypt the device on the first boot? I remember formatting data from TWRP after flashing this rom but still, it shows "phone is encrypted" in settings. Earlier when I was on the 3T, only OOS would force encrypt the device and it could be prevented by flashing magisk before the first boot.

About the rom, I'd say it's good. Everything works well except for FOD. I can't seem to get the fingerprint to wake after a single tap on the locked device. Also in AOD, the fingerprint icon is always visible but it doesn't work unless I wake the device via the power button or a double-tap.

AxxPyrtlexx20

Aug 13, 2013
NY
xdaforums.com
Thank you, successfully flashed via TWRP. This is my first custom rom on the 8T and so far I am enjoying it. I am curious about one thing tho, do all custom roms now force encrypt the device on the first boot? I remember formatting data from TWRP after flashing this rom but still, it shows "phone is encrypted" in settings. Earlier when I was on the 3T, only OOS would force encrypt the device and it could be prevented by flashing magisk before the first boot.

About the rom, I'd say it's good. Everything works well except for FOD. I can't seem to get the fingerprint to wake after a single tap on the locked device. Also in AOD, the fingerprint icon is always visible but it doesn't work unless I wake the device via the power button or a double-tap.
What's you're settings you have set up for single tap for the screen to turn on and what not? Fod works great here other than in aod mode it doesn't detect it but that's a known issue that I'm trying to figure out

Reactions: pratyush28

pratyush28

Oct 4, 2016
OnePlus 8T
What's you're settings you have set up for single tap for the screen to turn on and what not? Fod works great here other than in aod mode it doesn't detect it but that's a known issue that I'm trying to figure out
There's no setting I've turned on for this but it was the default behaviour on OOS. When the screen is off, you tap on the display once and the fingerprint icon shows up (there wasn't a need to fully wake the device up using a double tap/power button). Sorry if this isn't available on custom roms. Otherwise if I wake the device first the fingerprint works normally.

AxxPyrtlexx20

Aug 13, 2013
NY
xdaforums.com
There's no setting I've turned on for this but it was the default behaviour on OOS. When the screen is off, you tap on the display once and the fingerprint icon shows up (there wasn't a need to fully wake the device up using a double tap/power button). Sorry if this isn't available on custom roms. Otherwise if I wake the device first the fingerprint works normally.
Yes this is an option, make sure ambient display is turned on for single tap in settings, deviceextras, touchscreen, and single tap would be all the way at the bottom and just set it for ambient display and also go to settings, lock screen to make sure it's enabled as well so there isn't any issues with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Derpfest.png

This is a small project based on AOSP. We try to be a platform for beginners and support the Custom ROM community with our own unique contributions as well. This ROM exists thanks to inspiration of AOSiP, Thank you! #StayDerped

Features
    Theming
    - Styles Configuration Menu
    - 4 System Icon Shapes
    - 43 System Fonts
    - 7 Primary Colors (Backgrund Colors)
    - 6 Lockscreen Clock Styles
    - Grid
    - Wallpaper Picker
    - RGB Accent Picker
    - Rounded Corners

Statusbar
    - System Icons
    - StatusBar Logo
    - Network Traffic Display
    - Battery Percent Show/Hide Config
    - Show Clock
    - Show Date
    - Ticker(Beta)
    - Carrier Label Settings

Quick Settings
    - Statusbar Pulldown (Left/Right)
    - QS Opacity & Color Configs
    - QS Backround Image Blur
    - Brightness Slider
    - Tiles Area
    - Footers Area
    - Header Area

Buttons
    - NavBar (Enable/Disable)
    - Screen Off Power Button Torch
    - Volume Settings
    - Hardware Keys
    - Prevent Accidential Touch
    - Enable On-Screen Navbar
    - Enable backlight
    -Hardware Keys Customisation

Gestures
    - AOSP Gestures
    - Back Gesture Height Config
    - Toggle To Hide Navbar Pill
    - Double Tap To Sleep Status Bar
    - Double Tap to Sleep Lockscreen
    - Three Finger Swipe To Screenshot

Lockscreen
    - Fingerprint Authentication Vibration Toggle
    - Ambient Brightness
    - Lock Screen Shortcuts
    - Status bar visibility toggle
    - Hide LockScreen Icon
    - Lockscreen Charging Info
    - Show Battery Bar
    - Clock/Date/Owner Info Options
    - Lock Screen Music Visualizer
    - Lock Screen Media Artwork Configs

PowerMenu
    - Disable PowerMenu When Locked
    - Power Menu Items

Notifications
    - Notification Light
    - Battery Charging Light
    - Charging Animations
    - Show Gentle Notifications
    - Force Expanded Notifications
    - Edge Lighting
    - Noisy Notifications
    - In Call Vibration Options

Animations
    - Animation Duration
    - Disable Transition Animations
    - ListView Animations

Miscellaneous
    - Wake On Charge
    - Brightness Control
    - Signature Spoofing Support
    - Time In State Monitor
    - Doze Settings

What's broken?
    Nada​

<-- Downloads-->​

<--Telegram group-->

8t/9r Support Group
    Rom Update Channel

<-- Changelog -->
    04/18

<--Flashing Instructions-->
    8t/9r

Thanks section
    Here's my thanks to people who made this possible:
    10X OS
    ABC
    AICP
    AOSiP
    AOSPA
    ArrowOS
    BootleggersROM
    CrDroid
    LineageOS
    DirtyUnicorns
    Evolution X
    exTHmUI
    NitrogenOS
    OmniROM
    PixelExperience
    Pixeldust Project
    POSP
    RevengeOS
    ShapeShiftOS
    Spark Os
    Syberia Project
    YAAP

Any others we may have forgotten to credit

And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

Kernel Source
    Device Source
    Just got approved for official status so will be uploading a new build soon with official status and ota's/changelogs.
    Any chance of proper oos camera working
    Whatcha think I've been working on for the last 3 weeks lol
    Just uploaded a new build. Enjoy guys!
    I'm gonna release a new build today. I dropped ooscam for now until I get it working 100%.
    * fixed audio issue in certain apps
    * fixed where wifi would break when flashing other kernels
    * tons of updates/clean-up especially to blobs in device/vendor
    * switched to Illusionx v4 and picked some stuff
    * testing ota to see if I got it working as well
    * Improve software rounded corners
    * moved oneplus-settings to system
    * update asserts for ota's
    * fix punch hole overlap with status bar burn in protection
    * added more touchscreen gestures
    * bt/audio updates/improvements