• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][cepheus] Pixel Experience [eleven][STABLE][UNOFFICIAL][2021/03/07] by Lamjiidii1

Search This thread

lamjiidii1

Aug 24, 2019
Oujda
GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi MI 9 [cepheus]

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
So far everything seems to be working.

Known issues
-If you find any bugs please report it also if you can send it with logcat that's will be helpfully.
~ Device Changelog ~

• Synced with last PE sources
• February security patch has been merged
• APN has been fixed also that WiFi problem should be fixed
• Face unlock feature has been added (this is one of the features of an unofficial builds where you can add things before the pixel team itself adds them to their building 😂)
• Some adjustments in display intensity, etc.
• Update from China Beta 21.2.3
• Update build fingerprint to coral Feb
• Include firmware (don't need to flash firmware anymore)
• Ok google has been fixed
• Al button is intentionally disabled (some find it annoying)
• Some new stuffs in Kernel
• And some other additions.

~ Device Changelog [21/03/07]~

Device
• update Brightness Settings
• Increase mic volume
• give light sensor some time to warm up

ROM
• changing the face_unlock with another one supported by the pixel team themselves and more stable (with support for 3rd apps)
• synced with last PE source
• Added ability to select custom ringtone for 2nd sim card
• Added support for NTFS/EXFAT on USB Disks and sdcard
• Improved animations when unlocking
• Add support for Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel
• Others improvements

please do clean flash

~Notes :
If you have any questions please do not pm me, ask here on the Telegram group Pixel Experience chat for Cepheus
https://t.me/pixel_lamjiidii1_mi9

Installation steps:
1. MIUI V12 Stable EEA Firmware is required
2. Boot into TWRP
3. For clean flash, You should to Format data, type “yes” to confirm, and then reboot to TWRP Again
4. Copy zip into /sdcard, and then flash the zip
5. Reboot, waiting about 5 minutes to setup wizard

Upgrade/Downgrade DON'T need format DATA, just dirty flashing.

XDA:DevDB Information

PixelExperience, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 9

kernel tree:

device tree:

Download from Mega:
Mega
ROM OS Version: 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14-
ROM Firmware Required: firmware is already included
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Donation:
Of course, if you like this work, or you see it as an effort worthy of thanks here my PayPal https://www.paypal.me/lamjiidii1
Created 2021-03-07

Last edited:

_Nexus8_

I'm surprised ! I've posted a message on the old Pixel Experience thread to say that I was a bit sad because the ROM was no longer under maintenance and that, in my opinion, it was one of the best we could have for our device because it's the one that comes closest to the original Android experience and today I see your thread, thanks a lot for this, I tried to build the ROM for myself but I never managed to get it working, the build always failed after ten minutes so I waited for someone to do it and you did it

lamjiidii1

Aug 24, 2019
Oujda
I'm surprised ! I've posted a message on the old Pixel Experience thread to say that I was a bit sad because the ROM was no longer under maintenance and that, in my opinion, it was one of the best we could have for our device because it's the one that comes closest to the original Android experience and today I see your thread, thanks a lot for this, I tried to build the ROM for myself but I never managed to get it working, the build always failed after ten minutes so I waited for someone to do it and you did it
Almost the same thing happened to me, I am a fan of Pixel Experience, but as you know his maintenance abandoned the project, I had asked him and told me that he would not rebuild it again. I have tried to build one of my own, and this is the result. Anyway, I'm glad you liked it

qosmicqoala

Jul 27, 2017
yes ım clean flash rom.and amazing... ım use 12.0.4 eu fw,official twrp 3.5.0.9_0.

I did not see any errors .rom is soo good.netflix worked, magisk 21.4 worked.
again thx man for hard work.

Reactions: lamjiidii1

Netvetra

Nov 20, 2016
Followed the procedure to make a clean installation, but stuck in searching for a Wifi in first bootup.

Tried flash new firmware, didn't help.

Tried use mobile network to setup, didn't work.

Last edited:

Netvetra

Nov 20, 2016
Followed the procedure to make a clean installation, but stuck in searching for a Wifi in first bootup.

Tried flash new firmware, didn't help.

Tried use mobile network to setup, didn't work.
Update:
Tried different ways, flash different versions of ROM from xiaomi.eu, flash firmware, flash vendors. None of them working...
Flash back to other ROM, instantly got Wifi back. Not sure what is the problem...
But thanks anyway, will come back later...

lamjiidii1

Aug 24, 2019
Oujda
Hello everyone, I am very happy that my labor did not go in vain and that you are commended. The reason why the mobile internet does not work at the first setup is that you have to manually activate the APN, however this problem has been solved and I will upload a small file once it is flashed, which will solve the problem. As for the problem of not being able to activate the Wi-Fi, this is not a problem just a glitch that happened to me once in the trial phase and did not happen to me again and I guess that it did not happen with the majority, if it happened with you, just click on setup Offline and when you finish from the first install list, you can Activate Wi-Fi easily (you will not face such a problem if you flash the APN Repair file).
~As for the battery performance, I am satisfied with it and see it in the list of the best ROMs in terms of battery life for Android 11 on cepheus.
~I have created a channel on Telegram to chat about ROM or report bugs, this is Pixel Experience chat for Cepheus. https://t.me/pixel_lamjiidii1_mi9

Download link : Mega
After flashed it
go to Settings - System - Advanced - Reset options - Rest Wi-Fi,mobile & Bluetooth and chose your SIM then click Rest settings.

Attachments

• PE_APN_REPAIR.zip
    174.5 KB · Views: 109

BigsyBiggins

Dec 15, 2009
Nice work @lamjiidii1 just wondering in terms of support like monthly security update and that do you see yourself sticking around?

Also, any features missing in this from the previous maintainers android 10 version? Face unlock and things are still there?

Thanks.

Xiaomi063

Jan 26, 2020
Does this rom have the display color modes that are in MIUI? in all the roms I've tried, display is oversaturated, probably due to not targeting sRGB color space like MIUI does when using "standard contrast" mode.
Does this rom target sRGB color space for accurate color representation?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Next news - the ROM stuck yesterday on wireless charger (I don't know if charging is the cause or not). So I definitely don't know what's wrong.
    According to devs on Telegram, this is a known issue which can basically occur on other custom roms too.
    There's no known cause or way to reproduce or trigger this issue. All that's known is that it usually happens after deepsleep / idle.
    GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi MI 9 [cepheus]

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    So far everything seems to be working.

Known issues
    -If you find any bugs please report it also if you can send it with logcat that's will be helpfully.
    ~ Device Changelog ~

• Synced with last PE sources
    • February security patch has been merged
    • APN has been fixed also that WiFi problem should be fixed
    • Face unlock feature has been added (this is one of the features of an unofficial builds where you can add things before the pixel team itself adds them to their building 😂)
    • Some adjustments in display intensity, etc.
    • Update from China Beta 21.2.3
    • Update build fingerprint to coral Feb
    • Include firmware (don't need to flash firmware anymore)
    • Ok google has been fixed
    • Al button is intentionally disabled (some find it annoying)
    • Some new stuffs in Kernel
    • And some other additions.

~ Device Changelog [21/03/07]~

Device
    • update Brightness Settings
    • Increase mic volume
    • give light sensor some time to warm up

ROM
    • changing the face_unlock with another one supported by the pixel team themselves and more stable (with support for 3rd apps)
    • synced with last PE source
    • Added ability to select custom ringtone for 2nd sim card
    • Added support for NTFS/EXFAT on USB Disks and sdcard
    • Improved animations when unlocking
    • Add support for Bluetooth SBC Dual Channel
    • Others improvements

please do clean flash

~Notes :
    If you have any questions please do not pm me, ask here on the Telegram group Pixel Experience chat for Cepheus
    https://t.me/pixel_lamjiidii1_mi9

Installation steps:
    1. MIUI V12 Stable EEA Firmware is required
    2. Boot into TWRP
    3. For clean flash, You should to Format data, type “yes” to confirm, and then reboot to TWRP Again
    4. Copy zip into /sdcard, and then flash the zip
    5. Reboot, waiting about 5 minutes to setup wizard

Upgrade/Downgrade DON'T need format DATA, just dirty flashing.

XDA:DevDB Information

PixelExperience, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 9

kernel tree:

device tree:

Download from Mega:
    Mega
    ROM OS Version: 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14-
    ROM Firmware Required: firmware is already included
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Donation:
    Of course, if you like this work, or you see it as an effort worthy of thanks here my PayPal https://www.paypal.me/lamjiidii1
    Created 2021-03-07
    Hello everyone, finally.
    Mi9 has been officially supported again, this time from another developer, a developer that I know will provide the best for the device, you can check an official site for the roms files.
    I was very happy to be with you, thanks for everything and every word. See you in another work
    The update has been pushed, please do clean flash and Enjoy.
    Hello everyone, I am very happy that my labor did not go in vain and that you are commended. The reason why the mobile internet does not work at the first setup is that you have to manually activate the APN, however this problem has been solved and I will upload a small file once it is flashed, which will solve the problem. As for the problem of not being able to activate the Wi-Fi, this is not a problem just a glitch that happened to me once in the trial phase and did not happen to me again and I guess that it did not happen with the majority, if it happened with you, just click on setup Offline and when you finish from the first install list, you can Activate Wi-Fi easily (you will not face such a problem if you flash the APN Repair file).
    ~As for the battery performance, I am satisfied with it and see it in the list of the best ROMs in terms of battery life for Android 11 on cepheus.
    ~I have created a channel on Telegram to chat about ROM or report bugs, this is Pixel Experience chat for Cepheus. https://t.me/pixel_lamjiidii1_mi9

Download link : Mega
    After flashed it
    go to Settings - System - Advanced - Reset options - Rest Wi-Fi,mobile & Bluetooth and chose your SIM then click Rest settings.
    Android Pay works out of the box?

If you mean Google Pay...yes, works out of the box.