• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][11.0] crDroid 7.12 [OFFICIAL] (vayu/bhima)

Search This thread

rocciacoraggiosa45

Nov 6, 2013
Bari
I have 1 strange problem, sometimes my phone start tap on display in solo and open apps or just do some other stuff, it's fixed when I put screen off and on again but it's a strange problem what is that?

kamicki

Nov 8, 2017
Try a clean flash and choose other gapps package to install; MindTheGapps or FlameGapps
Thanks I will do that. By the way, is there a way to prevent crDroid install zip from backing up and restoring Gapps? I can't wipe system partition with TWRP so every time I do clean flash of crDroid I think it isn't actually clean because of that (I am not able to remove the Gapps entirely).
i have no problem with nikgapps core official version. (i think you are on canary version)
Yes, I am on Canary, because I did clean flash 2 days ago and with official version it was not possible to login into Google account.
But I had the same problems on official versions before.

I didn't have a chance to try other Gapps yet but it seems like the second problem (random reboots) is happening only when I use data and when it's connected to LTE+. On Wifi, or on second SIM which connects to LTE only, this problem doesn't occur. It seems like problem with firmware. Unfortunately I don't know if it happened with MIUI.

bawitdol

Aug 5, 2013
Gwangju Korea 광주 光州
Yes, I am on Canary, because I did clean flash 2 days ago and with official version it was not possible to login into Google account.
But I had the same problems on official versions before.

I didn't have a chance to try other Gapps yet but it seems like the second problem (random reboots) is happening only when I use data and when it's connected to LTE+. On Wifi, or on second SIM which connects to LTE only, this problem doesn't occur. It seems like problem with firmware. Unfortunately I don't know if it happened with MIUI.
anyway... i updated to latest miui 4 weeks ago. and right after updating, flashed crdroid and niks core version. and have kept flashing every weekly crdroid rom. but i have experienced no problem.

Last edited:

Silent2743

Dec 27, 2017
Im on version 7.6 and want to update to 7.10. Should i update via OTA or manual? If im doing it manual, should i clear data first? since ver 7.10 is OSS now iirc? Thanks

huynhtran38

Mar 31, 2014
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Install instructions:

Pre-installation:

Flashing Instructions from any custom ROM (Thanks to Raf):
• Backup all your data
• Boot/reboot to TWRP recovery
• Flash recommended MIUI firmware (12.5.2.0 / 12.5.3.0). You can find them here. If you're already on it, you can skip this step. You can flash the fastboot version of the MIUI stock ROM through Mi Flash tool / Fastboot too but the procedure is slower.
• Flash CrDroid ROM
• Flash GApps (Optional step) MindTheGapps /
FlameGapps
• Flash Magisk (Optional step, only if you want root)
• Format Data > type "yes" and press enter (different from the "wipe data" option)
• Reboot to system

First time installation from MIUI 12.5.2.0 or above:

• step 1: Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI.
  • step 2: Unlock the bootloader.
  • step 3: Transfer ROM to internal storage or SD Card.
  • step 4: Install TWRP.
  • step 5: Boot to TWRP and Flash ROM zip file + (Optional) Gapps + (Optional) Magisk.
  • step 6: Do a data wipe in recovery (format data: yes) + Reboot to system.

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS:​

OTA Working: Just update from OTA screen

Manual Update installation:

• Reboot to recovery
  • Flash Rom (default path: root/data/crdroid_updates)
  • Wipe Cache/Dalvik
  • Reboot

Download:
ROM CrDroid - Vayu/Bhima Rom Download

Known issues:
-Tell me, be sure to include a log: check how to

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Device tree: https://github.com/PacMM79/android_device_xiaomi_vayu-1/commits/crDroid_11
Kernel: (Thanks to Mochi): https://github.com/PacMM79/android_kernel_xiaomi_vayu-1/tree/base
Vendor: https://github.com/PacMM79/vendor_xiaomi_vayu/tree/crDroid_11

Credits:
@SebaUbuntu, @Kubersharma for device trees.
Xawlw, Foxtrot47 for device updates & fixes.
@Nebrassy for his work with TWRP.
Mochi for his amazing work in kernel & updates.

All devs that make this possible

@SebaUbuntu for his OSS Vendor based version and trees.
Poco X3 Pro DevHub - All testers & Admins (Uwe Pilot, Stiff, TheDutchTesterGuy, ...)
LineageOS, SlimRoms, AOSPA (Paranoid Android), OmniRom.
CrDroid Team @neobuddy89 - Lup Gabriel...many others

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
Poco X3 Pro | OFFICIAL Telegram
crDroid Community Telegram
crDroid Poco X3 Pro - vayu Telegram
Donate to help CrDroid team pay server costs
Donate to help me in development
Can't color or erase on the photo
Can't see the amount of ram used

refresh5

Jan 8, 2010
Hello,

please forgive my stupid question, but how can I restore a (successfully) created image backup with custom recovery?

I've tried this method (encrypted vendor and storage used) also the second instruction that I've found via the search with both recoveries (TWRP 3.5.2 and OFOX R11.1_1), but all ways doesn't work for me.
My goal is a full restore to the state in time of the backup.

The backup process to an external_sd card is fine (as far it looks like) but I struggle with the restore.

I can provide more information if needed, but maybe I've completely wrong :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for any hint and input!!

Great ROM btw 🤠

jngiag

Jul 19, 2009
Hello,

please forgive my stupid question, but how can I restore a (successfully) created image backup with custom recovery?

I've tried this method (encrypted vendor and storage used) also the second instruction that I've found via the search with both recoveries (TWRP 3.5.2 and OFOX R11.1_1), but all ways doesn't work for me.
My goal is a full restore to the state in time of the backup.

The backup process to an external_sd card is fine (as far it looks like) but I struggle with the restore.

I can provide more information if needed, but maybe I've completely wrong :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for any hint and input!!

Great ROM btw 🤠

The second method works for me for crDroid and other custom roms. The backup and restore are from same roms (version usually one or two release different). Try restoring from the internal stotage instead of sd card or format data and use clean install to see if it solves the problem.

I have just updated from 20210914 to 20210927 version. It works without the need to format data. Use the same version of Gapp or get stuck at the boot screen of crDroid.

Last edited:
Reactions: refresh5

refresh5

Jan 8, 2010
The second method works for me for crDroid and other custom roms. The backup and restore are from same roms (version usually one or two release different). Try restoring from the internal stotage instead of sd card or format data and use clean install to see if it solves the problem.

I have just updated from 20210914 to 20210927 version. It works without the need to format data. Use the same version of Gapp or get stuck at the boot screen of crDroid.

Thank you for your answer!
Unfortunately the same - doesn't matter if I restore from sd card or internal (after backup and restore to PC) - here are my detailed steps - maybe you can give me a gain a hint (y)

crDroid v7.10 (20210914) installed
did some changes in Settings and also in the crDroid app (like black theme and reverse navigation buttons)
Recovery -> backup "data" (~1154MB)
for test I installed another ROM (in this case PixelPlusUI)
Recovery -> flash PixelPlusUI
Format data
Reboot to System

System booted successfully so now I've try to get back to crDroid and my backup
Recovery -> Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache, Data, Cache
Install rom crDroid v7.10 (20210914) ->Reboot to System
crDroid first boot wizard appears
Recovery -> Install magisk -> Reboot to System
Recovery -> restore "data" (~1154MB) -> Reboot to System
crDroid first boot wizard appears again
after finish the wizard the background appears black and the launcher doesnt work
changes in Settings and also all changes in the crDroid are not available anymore

:unsure::rolleyes:

If I don't reboot to System after the crDroid Installation, I receive an error by trying to restore the data (process ended with ERROR: 255)

Thank you!

Top Liked Posts