Development [ROM][11.0] crDroid 7.21 [OFFICIAL] (vayu/bhima)

Search This thread

Viggen66

Mar 22, 2009
It's a very good news for the CR7 user ! You should know to the 7.16 version has issue to pass safetynet (cts profile mismatch) while the 7.15 pass it without issue.

I can't help for the kernel, I was't a dev, maybe custom kernel maintainer can help you.
Better to upgrade to newer CrDroid 8.7 based on Android 12.1, I don't see any change to the repo, so it will be a waste of time downloading so much stuff, I have seen videos on newer CrDroid and it seems they fixed the rom and is very stable now.

Skyfly19

Aug 27, 2020
Better to upgrade to newer CrDroid 8.7 based on Android 12.1, I don't see any change to the repo, so it will be a waste of time downloading so much stuff, I have seen videos on newer CrDroid and it seems they fixed the rom and is very stable now.
I already tried CR8 few months and was very disappointed (NFC not working + the UI was extremely ugly). Only 1 custom A12 rom is very stable with just a ok UI but the real problem will stay the trash base provided by the google UX designer.

In my case, I will test another A11 rom for see if it got the same scoped storage issue than CR7. My final setup will be a A11 roms, we are lucky to still got the choice to use A11 unlike the 2O22 phone user.

Reactions: nikapos and ChriMo

Viggen66

Mar 22, 2009
I already tried CR8 few months and was very disappointed (NFC not working + the UI was extremely ugly). Only 1 custom A12 rom is very stable with just a ok UI but the real problem will stay the trash base provided by the google UX designer.

In my case, I will test another A11 rom for see if it got the same scoped storage issue than CR7. My final setup will be a A11 roms, we are lucky to still got the choice to use A11 unlike the 2O22 phone user.

We had Lineage 18.1 available but they deleted all roms from A11

nikapos

Apr 17, 2014
Sony Xperia Z3
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

how did you revert to cr7? did you just flash the older rom?

Skyfly19

Aug 27, 2020
how did you revert to cr7? did you just flash the older rom?
You can't do a dirty flash from Cr8 => 7, a clean flash of the rom will be required in that case.

You need to backup your user app with swift back up, your contact on a vcf file and the photo or any important data manualy into a safe place (on the cloud or another device).

Then remove your lock pattern (for remove encryption), and place a SDcard with CR11 .zip, gapps, magisk. Reboot on recovery, check if your SDcard is recognized then wipe system, data partition and flash Cr7.

If Cr7 was stuck at the boot logo or if your recovery can't decript the files after set a lock pattern, you will need to format data.

I use microG so I don't know which is the best gapps version (Nikgapps should work).
While cr 7 booted successfully, you can import all your data.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChriMo

nikapos

Apr 17, 2014
Sony Xperia Z3
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
You can't do a dirty flash from Cr8 => 7, a clean flash of the rom will be required in that case.

You need to backup your user app with swift back up, your contact on a vcf file and the photo or any important data manualy into a safe place (on the cloud or another device).

Then remove your lock pattern (for remove encryption), and place a SDcard with CR11 .zip, gapps, magisk. Reboot on recovery, check if your SDcard is recognized then wipe system, data partition and flash Cr7.

If Cr7 was stuck at the boot logo or if your recovery can't decript the files after set a lock pattern, you will need to format data.

I use microG so I don't know which is the best gapps version (Nikgapps should work).
While cr 7 booted successfully, you can import all your data.
actually they were two different questions, but thanks for the answer!
question a. going to cr7 from cr8. from your answer i deduct that you just have to do a clean install of the rom with format data, no miflash tool required.
question b (still unanswered). can you dirty flash cr 7.21 on top of cr7.18?

Skyfly19

Aug 27, 2020
actually they were two different questions, but thanks for the answer!
question a. going to cr7 from cr8. from your answer i deduct that you just have to do a clean install of the rom with format data, no miflash tool required.
question b (still unanswered). can you dirty flash cr 7.21 on top of cr7.18?
I did a OTA update from Cr 7.15 => 7.21 on Orangefox 11.1_2 without any issue so dirty flash should work to.

Reactions: nikapos

desihu

Oct 7, 2007
Motorola Defy
Google Nexus 5
I too would like to confirm
1. cr7.21 16 Aug update works better, both battery and performance wise and with less warning errors than the earlier buggy cr7.16 March cake, specifically due to continuous update requests. A much sought after update. Appreciate dev works @neobuddy89. Would request that even a half yearly updates to such a stable branch is good for us all, do give it a thought.
2. Yes like all other roms the dirty flash mostly works within same version series.

nikapos

Apr 17, 2014
Sony Xperia Z3
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
just dirty flashed cr 7.21.
a. no problems, no need to reflash gapps
b. screen casting works without having to alter build.props
c. device is now google certified, safety net passes, no problem with banking apps
d. didnt loose root
e. still have to use different camera app to be able to lauch it without unlocking (as if this is a problem :p)

i m so happy with this rom :) thnx dev!

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
b. screen casting works without having to alter build.props
c. device is now google certified, safety net passes, no problem with banking apps
thx for your helpful reports. Since 7.21 is in use without GApps here I wonder if not only for c. those are necessary (without extensive magisk messing)? Can you explain which type of screen casting you have tested?

nikapos

Apr 17, 2014
Sony Xperia Z3
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
thx for your helpful reports. Since 7.21 is in use without GApps here I wonder if not only for c. those are necessary (without extensive magisk messing)? Can you explain which type of screen casting you have tested?
the previous version was unable to detect my hyundai tv when i had its input ro "wifi".(on the device: settings -> connection prefferences -> cast). i was able to overcome this with a simple modification of build.props. however, this version has updated security patches and since the update is hustle free, i see no reason in not applying it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Install instructions:

Pre-installation:

Flashing Instructions from any custom ROM (Thanks to Raf & @kamild_)
    • Backup all your data.
    • Transfer ROM and other zips (such as Gapps or Magisk) to internal storage, SD card or USB drive.
    • Boot/reboot to recovery.
    • Flash recommended MIUI firmware 12.5.5.0.
    You can find them here. If you're already on it, you can skip this step. You can flash the fastboot version of the MIUI stock ROM through Mi Flash tool / Fastboot too but the procedure is slower.
    • Flash CrDroid ROM.
    • Flash GApps (Optional step) FlameGapps
    • Flash Magisk (Optional step, only if you want root)
    • Format Data > type "yes" and press enter (different from the "wipe data" option)
    • Reboot to system

First time installation from MIUI 12.5.2.0 or above:

1. Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI. Backup all your data, next step will factory reset the device.
    2. Unlock the bootloader.
    3. Flash recommended custom recovery from the "Prerequisites" section with fastboot.
    4. Continue from step 2 of the "custom ROM instructions" below.

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS:​

OTA Working: Just update from OTA screen

Manual Update installation:

• Reboot to recovery
    • Flash Rom (default path: root/data/crdroid_updates)
    • Wipe Cache/Dalvik
    • Reboot

Download:
    ROM CrDroid - Vayu/Bhima Rom Download

Known issues:
    -Tell me, be sure to include a log: check how to

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Device tree: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_device_xiaomi_vayu

Credits:
    @neobuddy89 - Current Co-Maintainer
    @SebaUbuntu, @Kubersharma for device trees.
    Xawlw, Foxtrot47 for device updates & fixes.
    @Nebrassy for his work with TWRP.
    Mochi for his amazing work in kernel & updates.
    @darthjabba9 for his work with OFox.
    + All devs that make this possible

@SebaUbuntu for his OSS Vendor based version and trees.
    Poco X3 Pro DevHub - All testers & Admins (Uwe Pilot, Stiff, TheDutchTesterGuy, ...)
    LineageOS, SlimRoms, AOSPA (Paranoid Android), OmniRom.
    CrDroid Team @neobuddy89 - Lup Gabriel...many others

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    Poco X3 Pro | OFFICIAL Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram
    crDroid Poco X3 Pro - vayu Telegram
    Donate to help CrDroid team pay server costs
    Donate to help me in development
    this is a missing feature, unlocking works, but lacks a choice of fingerprint scanner behavior
    Yes, I need to check how to implement in vayu.

I'm happy to say we have Official Support!

Thanks to all for your comments.

New update avaiable ;-)
    ViPER4Android FX and James DSP Manager - Break Wi-Fi, simply won't turn on

After installing NLSound 2.3, the sound starts to wheeze (upon notification), this is when properly configured, as it was done on other roms.

These modifications can be installed in magisk and working properly on other roms

However, nice rom!
    Thanks,
    Sorry, some magisk modules are breaking device overlays so I don't support modules for now.

and fingerprint press and touch toggle
    is dynamic refresh rate possible to add like on arrowos
    Dynamic refresh added in next version.

fps info fixed

CrDroid was always one of my favorite roms, the only things that are a bit annoying are:
    - press fp to unlock button that one of poco x3 nfc devs made it possible.
    - haptic feedback when you pull down status bar...
    thanks
    (press fp to unlock button) I have tried it but commenting on it with more people I do not know if it is the best option.
    There is no option to select the button behavior.
    There are reboots when using trcamera and Google meet the log also has camX errors spammed
    View attachment 5328217
    Will be fixed in next versions
    New build, 23-05

-Fixed Battery Charge Led (need to fix brightness)
    -Fixed Metadata issue with media-gallery (seems still video files preview issues in rare cases)
    -Added GoogleCamGo
    -Rom Changes

Can be dirty flash + Wipe caches.

Link to download from Sourceforge:
    Hi, new OSS version is ready.

Required firmware: MIUI (Global): V12.5.2.0

To update, format data is required. (You can try dirty flash, if bootloop, reboot to recovery and format data)
    -Download new version by OTA or from Soundforge.
    -Reboot to recovery
    -Flash new update (No Gapps reflash needed)
    -Format data (type yes)
    -Reboot to system.

If you found problems for updating, flash MIUI Global Rom from recovery and follow above steps.

Thanks for your support.