[ROM][11.0] CrDroid 7.21 for Moto G6 [ali][Official][64 Bit][EOL]

Search This thread

Prabhat_Proxy

Jun 1, 2021
I tested out your crdroid 8 build from your sourceforge. The rom is pritty smooth. Only problem is selinux is disabled and no moto gestures. Can it go for official builds?

brunogroa

I tested out your crdroid 8 build from your sourceforge. The rom is pritty smooth. Only problem is selinux is disabled and no moto gestures. Can it go for official builds?
no bro, by the rules, need selinux enabled, moto actions is optional, dont need it to be, but selinux and all other things need to be working fine... some bugs are torelable in week builds.. like these what we have with sleep time cos dont change the usage of rom...

Reactions: Prabhat_Proxy

pocky-stick

Apr 5, 2022
Moto G5S Plus
Moto G6
I was initially having a ton of issues with both CrDroid and Broly's LineageOS 18.1, no cell connection, crashing services, SD cards wouldn't detect, etc. Flashing stock and booting into it once before TWRP and wiping got everything working.

Appreciate the work, Bruno. Miss notchless phones with front fingerprint scanners, nice to see they're getting continued development.

Reactions: brunogroa

Prabhat_Proxy

Jun 1, 2021
my question is off topic but i want to know that how much time it takes to compile a rom from source and what are you hardware specs?
I also want to learn about building roms. I have a laptop with i7 11th gen 8 core cpu and 16 gigs of ram. any idea how much time it will take to build after downloading the source?

sorry for off topic question.

chumdoggin

Aug 3, 2018
Hi, from Seattle. Ive read through some threads but have not seen anything about the different versions. Does it make a difference whether the device is a 32 or 64 gb? Also some of the G6s are unlockable or was that general for motorolla unlocking? Following pg 1 instructions, I found one lineage-base-a1.zip where I was trying to find the TWRP. Just trying to decide what to do after getting the bootloader unlocked. Going for the TWRP and the latest rom here.

Last edited:

brunogroa

my question is off topic but i want to know that how much time it takes to compile a rom from source and what are you hardware specs?
I also want to learn about building roms. I have a laptop with i7 11th gen 8 core cpu and 16 gigs of ram. any idea how much time it will take to build after downloading the source?

sorry for off topic question.

hello dear,

part by part,

1 - time to compile is veriable, cos, has time to sync ( this depends from your internet ) time to clone all DT and properlly dependencies ( this depends form your klowedge ) and time to build ( on 8 core with 32gb ram ) is near 5/6 hours clean, and dirt build depends of how much you things you changed onto device files.

2 - if you want to learn and has a moto G6 I can teach a bit you, find me in telegram @brunorolak, also, has tutorials on telegram and groups to help you with errors and other things...

3 - your notebook has part of specs, 16gb ram you cam build without problens but, you need HDD/SSD space, much space, last CrDroid update the source used 400GB from space, so more than one rom is impossible to maintain into disk if it is small

4 - My PC is a ryzem 5 3660x + 16gb RAM DDR4 3000mhz, clean build into my arch linux leaves near 5h:40m, dirt build leaves near 30/40min, I needed to setup +16gb of VRAM to all works and build fine... my plans is add +16gb to build withouth problens. and I have one 1 TB HD only to build. dont have anything into system, only the basics do build.

brunogroa

Hi, from Seattle. Ive read through some threads but have not seen anything about the different versions. Does it make a difference whether the device is a 32 or 64 gb? Also some of the G6s are unlockable or was that general for motorolla unlocking? Following pg 1 instructions, I found one lineage-base-a1.zip where I was trying to find the TWRP. Just trying to decide what to do after getting the bootloader unlocked. Going for the TWRP and the latest rom here.

hello dear,

dont have any difference from 3/32 to 4/64 devices in moto g6 ali roms, okay, 3/32 has less ram so this cause some issues with apps what need more ram rom run, but the system run well and equal on two "versions" of the phone. about unlock, only verizon version is not unlockable, and dont have any way to unlock this cos the rom is signed by verizon and verizon dont give the code to unlock. about lineage base, bro, is a base to install a GSI, read properlly the folder what you downloading the things... And what you do after unlock bootloader? you cand install custom rom, I make a topic with twrp 64 bits to install custom roms, and have tutorials on forum and youtube and telegram group how to install custom rom. You are wellcome to install CrDroid too.

chumdoggin

Aug 3, 2018
hello dear,

dont have any difference from 3/32 to 4/64 devices in moto g6 ali roms, okay, 3/32 has less ram so this cause some issues with apps what need more ram rom run, but the system run well and equal on two "versions" of the phone. about unlock, only verizon version is not unlockable, and dont have any way to unlock this cos the rom is signed by verizon and verizon dont give the code to unlock. about lineage base, bro, is a base to install a GSI, read properlly the folder what you downloading the things... And what you do after unlock bootloader? you cand install custom rom, I make a topic with twrp 64 bits to install custom roms, and have tutorials on forum and youtube and telegram group how to install custom rom. You are wellcome to install CrDroid too.
Thanks for that help! It is a tracfone. I read about unlocking that one requires some special tools. Downloaded MTKclient supposed to be able to unlock that.. I will find your topic and look at twrp there and I like CrDroid because it looks like you still do security updates on it.

brunogroa

Thanks for that help! It is a tracfone. I read about unlocking that one requires some special tools. Downloaded MTKclient supposed to be able to unlock that.. I will find your topic and look at twrp there and I like CrDroid because it looks like you still do security updates on it.
What heck? Moto G6 don't need any program to unlock bro, only adb tools and a terminal and Motorola site.. if you has other phone go to properly forum.

chumdoggin

Aug 3, 2018
What heck? Moto G6 don't need any program to unlock bro, only adb tools and a terminal and Motorola site.. if you has other phone go to properly forum.
Haha it came just now in the mail. where I bought it showed a tracfone startup screen. Ok well they send me moto E5! thats not a good phone supposed to be g6 64 gb.... haha

chumdoggin

Aug 3, 2018
Got the device and got unlocked now in the fastboot directory on computer with the twrp and the crdroid rom but I dont want to do it until sure its ok. Do I need to get the imei backed up first? maybe better to wait until the files on the phone storage? Not sure better to do the boot mode of TWRP first then do the backup of the IMEI? Bad to start up the PIE with the unlocked bootloader?

Thank you so much for all the work and the help...

Last edited:

chumdoggin

Aug 3, 2018
Ok used the external sd card but to back up I am not sure which one to backup for a full restore. There are many checkboxes in the backup section of TWRP. I tried all of them but got the message that backup failed.

I tried the backup again and did not select cache/data/fsg/efs/dsp. With that the backup did not fail but the error failed to mount data (invalid argument)

Before that I used the guide and did the persist folder backup.

Would like to know if that kind of backup is sufficient enough to do the full restore to original?

Like this rom, being its updated 3 days ago. Very nice

Last edited:

brunogroa

Ok used the external sd card but to back up I am not sure which one to backup for a full restore. There are many checkboxes in the backup section of TWRP. I tried all of them but got the message that backup failed.

I tried the backup again and did not select cache/data/fsg/efs/dsp. With that the backup did not fail but the error failed to mount data (invalid argument)

Before that I used the guide and did the persist folder backup.

Would like to know if that kind of backup is sufficient enough to do the full restore to original?

Like this rom, being its updated 3 days ago. Very nice
bro what are you doing?
unlock bootloader > download recovery, rom and gapps if needed > boot recovery, install recovery to recovery by twrp > reboot to recovery > go to wipe menu and make format data to internal memory show up on PC > reboot to recovery again > go to wipe menu, and in advance wipe again mark all expect by SD CARD and OTG and wipe all > plug phone into pc and copy ROM and Gapps to internal memory > go to install and select ROM and on add more select gapps and mark skip bla bla bla verification > and NEVER INSTALL APP OF TWRP this makes system to do NOT BOOT UP...

Top Liked Posts